Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Nov 24, 2014

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

I applied online for a Sales Management Trainee position in Huntsville, AL. I received an email to schedule an interview.. The interview didn't occur because he interviewed someone else in my time slot and disregard my time. I had a bad experience with this hiring manager. Good luck .........

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions...I left after waiting 45 minutes. He didn't apologize for interviewing someone before interviewing me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2013.

The company only promotes from within, which I think is fantastic, so the interview process is quite thorough in that you will have at the minimum three interviews. This is because the company wants to make sure you are the right candidate for the position. Sales and customer service are what you should speak towards during the interview. In my case I had a total of three interviews.

The first interview was a scheduled phone interview in which I spoke mainly about my experience in customer service and sales, as well as answering situational questions,"How would you sell this product?", "How would you handle an irate customer?". Things of that nature.

After being informed that I did well on the phone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview with a Branch Manager and Area Manager at one of the Enterprise locations. The interview began with me describing myself so that my interviewers could get a sense of who I am and what kind of person I was, so be ready to talk about yourself. Most questions that were asked in this second interview were about the same as my phone interview in that they were situational questions about customer service and sales. Selling is a major part of this job so do your research about the company and learn what they sell.

At the end of my second interview I was asked if I had any concerns about working for the company, basically said I had no concerns and couldn't wait to start. I was immediately scheduled for a third interview with the Regional Manager for the following week. The questions were more or less the same questions I was asked in the previous two interviews. The last question I was asked was "what was my five year plan?". Be ready for this question, the company wants people who are motivated to move up the ladder not people who are just ok staying at the bottom.

After all that I was given a firm hand shake and congratulated on making it through the interview process and scheduled to come in to do some paper work the following week with an HR rep. The paperwork takes about two hours to complete and after all is said and done you start working the next day!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just remember to be ready for sales and customer service situational questions.

Research the company, the website has lots of info, you will be asked what you know about Enterprise.

Answer Question
    No negotiating, this is an entry level hourly position eligible for overtime pay, everyone starts out at the same pay. Work a minimum of 49 hours and that adds up to a very decent wage for a recent college grad! Finish your training after 8 months and receive an increase in pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2013.

I applied online and was contacted by a talent acquisition manager.He/she asks you a few "over the phone" interview questions, then he/she will decide to meet with you. The first interview is in-person with the talent manager. After you interview with him/her, you go onto a second interview with an Area Manager and a Branch Manager. (For me, this interview was more intense because there were two people). The final interview is with a group rental manager. They are really looking for people who plan to stay with the company and have skills/experience in customer service, sales, and possibly management. If you pass all three phases, they offer you a job. - Must know sales/customer service scenarios/questions

Make sure you dress the part [ suit is a must!] Be friendly and confident and it is easy to obtain the job!

Interview Questions
    • On a scale from 1-10, how would you rate yourself with customer service? Give me an example of a time you had a difficult customer who did not want to purchase a product.   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations. The salary depends upon the area you work in... I believe the starting is about $34,000

Sales Management Trainee Interview

The interview went for 3 rounds, like what most other applicants had. The first round was a onsite interview 1-1 with HR person. Enterprise is very frank about the salary and there is no way for the negotiation. Second round was an onsite observation for 1-2 hours followed by lots of questions. Final round is the meeting with district manager. Be prepared with lots of examples to prove your sales and customer service experience.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example what you do to beyond customer's expectation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

Like most I was contacted after I submitted my online application. I spoke to a charming woman on the phone for about 15 minutes and we set up a time for my initial phone interview. A few days later, I interviewed with this same person, and spoke for about 30 minutes about sales and leadership. When we finished she said that I was being recommended for a follow on face to face interview and she would provide the details in a follow-up email. It was then that I mentioned, that due to military commitments, I wouldn’t be available for roughly 5 months
    My second interview took place the following week. I arrived in the prescribed attire (full suit), which was kind of off putting when the staff was in khakis and Polo shirts. I “shadowed” one of the assistant managers for about an hour, and then sat down for my interview. I was asked almost the exact same questions as my phone interview. After approximately 45 minutes, we wrapped things up and I was told great things about my leadership and potential.
    My third interview took place about a week later with an area manager. This was another repeat of the same questions. But while sitting in the office, I got a good feeling after being told that he liked my background and that he wanted me for the long term. Good news I thought.
    Well, two days later I received an email stating that they would be moving forward with other candidates at this time and to thank for me for my interest.

Interview Questions
    • I was constantly asked about sales goals and "rank and file" procedures of my previous employers.   View Answer

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

It was a three step interview that was a complete waste of time. I got all the way to the third interview and didnt get the job. Plus they made me learn about the internship and what it entails and what i would be doing before the second interview. Long story short they basically inserted me into rotation before they even decided whether they would hire me or not.

Interview Questions
    • The guy asked me that if im a hotel manager i have to persuade his family to accept a more luxurious hotel room for more money. I havent stayed at much hotels so as this seems like an easy question i was stuck.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I definitely felt as if the position was being sold to me during the interview. Low pay for the hours expected of their employees. I felt like this position was meant for high school graduates...not people who had spent 4-5 years in a degree program learning the skills that this position claimed to be teaching. The interview process was also a bit ridiculous for an "entry-level" position. One interview at the regional office, another interview at the location you'll be working, then a final interview back at the regional office.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult interview questions...unless you consider the run-of-the-mill, pointless "tell me about a time when..." to be difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bridgewater, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bridgewater, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

applied online, had a phone interview and then was invited for an interview but ultimately did not receive an offer because of lack of sales experience. most of the questions were pretty straight forward sales questions, really looking to see if you have any sales history.

Interview Questions
    • an unexpected question was "could you tell me about a time where you were a mentor for someone"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

The Interview Process is long. There are a total of three different interviews. You first interview with HR. Second interview is with the Branch you will be working with. The last interview will be with the vice president of the division you will be working for. They make their decision pretty quick. It takes about 2.5 to 3 weeks to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions, but just make sure you tell them that you will be their number one sales person, they like to hear that a lot!   Answer Question
    You can't really negotiate your salary. I negotiated the date I would start and they were really understanding!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

It was a 3 step interview process. I got through all of them. On the final interview was where they really drill you to make sure you are ready to start your career here. The 3rd and final interview was with 2 of the senior executives and they played 'good cop' 'bad cop' meaning one was super nice while the other one was drilling you with questions. just be confident and convincing that you really want the job. i didn't really want it too much i just needed to find something so they probably saw that.

Interview Questions
    • if you can describe yourself in one word, what would it be?   Answer Question