Enterprise Rent-A-Car Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

I applied online and received a call couple days later to schedule a phone interview. Interview was very straight forward. Typical questions and ran about 10-15 minutes. Had no issues regarding the interview. The interviewer called on time and courteous. It definitely felt like he was just reading questions off a list. Received an e-mail response a week or two after, which is always nice to hear back. Even if it was a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you displayed leadership. Strengths and weaknesses. No technical questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Employee in Whitestone, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Whitestone, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen interview with HR. Several days later, a face to face interview with Controller and Manager. There is not much to say aside from the fact that they care about your personality and leadership. If you can show that during the interview you will be fine. Those who can't shouldn't bother. Phone screen questions: - How do you define leadership - Tell me about a time you had to be a leader - How do you deal with an irate customer - What did you do when you had to meet deadlines but there was a lot of work - Basic accounting 101 debit and credit questions The HR individual was very good. Very cheerful on the phone and follows up throughout the stages. Face to face interview questions: - Tell me about yourself - Tell me about process or procedure you help change - How do you deal with a team member who isn't pulling his weight - How do you deal with stress - Convince me that you have a positive attitude - What do you have that would make you a good controller - Why did you choose your college Lots of other behavioral questions. They will simply read off a piece of paper. There is not much of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a team member who isn't pulling his weight?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Basically behavioral questions. Very friendly interviewers. Phone screen and two rounds of on-site, in-person interviews. Be amiable, honest and prepare well and you will have no problems. Enterprise is a lot about excellent customer service to both internal and external clients so be sure to highlight your people skills too even when you are being recruited for a back office position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult team mate   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online after a couple of weeks they emailed me requesting a phone screen. They call me and asked me some questions. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. I haven't heard from them, this was a week ago.

Interview Questions

• Long term goals? Why this position? What do you know about this company? And other questions easy to answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Step 1: Phone Screen Step 2-3/5: In Person Interviews I applied online and was scheduled for a brief phone screen. During the phone screen the interviewer asked a list of very standard questions (eg. are you at least 18?, have you ever had a moving violation?. etc...). Then came the question do you have a BA/BS or an MS/MBA in Accounting. I told the interviewer that I have a BS in Economics with lots of Accounting coursework and that I am near the completion of an MBA in Accounting. The interviewer then advised me I was disqualified because for "legal" reasons ERAC requires its accountants to have a completed degree in accounting on either the undergrad or grad level. After attempting to explain to the interviewer the close correlation between a Business Economics Degree and an Accounting Degree the interviewer told me that ERAC's policy didn't allow for such a consideration and that even BS in Finance grads were not qualified to be considered for this accounting role. Apparently the people who made these rules have no clue how closely correlated a BS in Accounting / Finance / Economics is. In my short experience with ERAC I have to say that this is a typical corporation that has a system and is unwilling to authorize the use of initiative through its employees even if it means the company will lose talent.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a degree in Accounting?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Took about two weeks total. First a phone interview. Then an in person interview with two people. Basic questions such as what are your goals , what attracted you to the company etc. After a day then a second interview was scheduled. I had about for different interviews with about six different people. Recruiter kept me in the loop with everything. She even gave me tips on how to excel during my second interview. Do you research of the company and ask the interviewees questions as well.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted to have an over the phone interview by a recruiter. The recruiter called 15 minutes late and there was so much noise in the background from her kids and dog. At one point, the child grabbed the phone away and I couldn't hear the question. It was really bad. I wish they would've just rescheduled the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview. However, I was confused the company's name with other company I applied. So the interview does not went well. Anyway, be sure you know what they do, and research the company before you submit your application. It is important to know who you work for, and just try your best to answer the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you want to work for Enterprise Rent - A - Car?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Brandon, MS) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a higher manager first. They asked several good questions based on my resume. They were very friendly and nice. They tried to ask several questions very professionally and tried not to go too much personal details. But it is good to give them some personal details.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions. They focused on my potential and contribution to the company   Answer Question

I got another offer first

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Recruiter, several interviews- lots of behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• They give you five words that mean most to the company and ask you to rate the from most important to least.   Answer Question