Entertainment Partners Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.5

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Entertainment Partners.

Recruiter Called me, I spoke to the hiring manager, the team then the CEO. I feel like the team and hiring manager discussions went well and they were excited. The place obviously has some problems though. Part of the team felt like anyone they interviewed was probably going to replace them and were sort of hostile. I had actually been warned about the CEO from the hiring manager and got the vibe like she was a gigantic pain to all of her employees. He said she views herself as the real product manager to their main product of actor's compensation systems.

Senior Payroll & Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Entertainment Partners in January 2015.

Was contacted by corporate recruiter after having applied for the job online. Was asked a couple of questions regarding the payroll system and pay rate. Immediately after that was invited for an in-person interview. Met with HR person and then Payroll Manager, both nice and affable. Came away, after our discussions, with the impression that they never really had any intention to hire anyone and that, by their own words, they were just "checking what's out there". They already have a temp person in this position who, according to them, is working out just fine. Based on this, a good employer would then offer the temp person a full time position, instead of keep searching and wasting people's time. I was not impressed at all. I have since secured employment with a great investment firm so in many ways I am glad this did not work; if anything, it allowed me to land a much better job opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked general questions about the new system they are implementing, which I am familiar with. Their corporate payroll encompasses 900 employees and I have processed payroll for 2600 employees. There were not tricky, technical or difficult questions.   View Answer

Entertainment Partners Response

Feb 17, 2015HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you found a great opportunity that meets your needs and that is a great match for you. Just like many companies, we want to hire the best possible ... More

Payrolln Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Entertainment Partners.

General questions about my background and knowledge of payroll tax

Nothing. It was so good that I couldn't say anything

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Entertainment Partners in April 2013.

Applied online, got a call from HR three days later and was asked if I could come in in two days. Everyone was nice and looked relaxed during the interview. People at their desks seemed happy and carefree.

Offer was way too low.

Logger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Entertainment Partners in April 2012.

A close friend referred me once the position was available. My skillset fit the requirements so I came in, interviewed with the coordinator for the department. I also met with the person whose job I would be taking over (she was getting promoted). I was told they have a few others to consider but I was in the running. I got an offer about 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked. I know what I'm doing in this arena so it was more about whether I'd be a good fit with everyone already working there.   Answer Question
    No negotiation process.

Manager, Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Entertainment Partners in March 2012.

I applied online. The process took 7 days. First I had a phone interview consisting of general questions covering brief work experience and discussing resume. Follow-up interview consisted of meeting with Department Manager and Department Supervisor. Interview process was very friendly and professional, covering the job description, work environment, compensation and company history.

Interview Questions
    • General stuff about my work experience and interest in working there.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Entertainment Partners in October 2011.

Interview process was very friendly and professional. The hiring manager conducted a phone screen initially and then I was interviewed in person. There wasn't a lot of "how would you do this or that" questions mostly describing what I did for a prior employer.

Interview Questions
    • None too difficult I was asked what my weaknesses were. Problem was they didn't go into how the on-call or support hours were expected to be late evenings and could occur often as a regular kind of thing leaving you with no life.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. It was a lower competitive offer with no wiggle room.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Entertainment Partners in January 2010.

Got an email/call from HR. Scheduled a phone interview with the QA Manager. Afterwards, came in for an interview with him and a couple of other people. 2nd interview, had a group interview with at least 5 people(managers/QA Engineers), and a couple of single interviews with a VP of Engineering, and a Director of Engineering. A few days later, got a job offer call from HR.

My perception during the interview was that the people who interviewed me seemed relaxed and easy-going; especially the ones in the group interview. They seem to get along with each other. The offices/cubicles looked professional(not outdated), and some people decorated their cubicles with cute things(tells me that it's ok to express your personality -- my last job when I decorated my office for Xmas, I was told that it looked like a college dorm, and to take down the decorations, except for a tiny Xmas tree on the filing cabinet.). I got the impression that this company has a fun work environment. As I passed by the cubicles, I didn't see people looking stressed and in a hurry to go somewhere.

Ask questions like: what are the day-to-day activities of this job position? What's a productive day for this job position look like? What would you say is the greatest needs in your dept.? (Listen carefully to the answer, and then answer back with how your talents/skills set/ experience can meet these needs. I guarantee you, not many people ask this question in any interviews.)

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle writing test cases for software requirements?   View Answer
    Nothing really. I asked if the salary could be higher, but I was told that it was the best they could offer at the time. If you have another job offer in hand, then you can try to negotiate with them.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Entertainment Partners in August 2009.

Phone interview consisting of general questions covering brief work experience, personality and interests. First formal interview conducted by HR consisted or discussing resume, taking basic skills (10-key, typing and math) and accounting related test.
    Final/follow-up interview consisted of meeting with Department Manager and Department Supervisor. Interview was very casual and straight forward covering the job description, work environment, compensation and company history.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be a traffic sign which would you be and why?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Entertainment Partners in February 2012.

1. Phone interview
    2. 1:1 interview
    3. Group interview (5 - 6 people)

Interview Questions
    • They asked me different questions. Every question was difficult   Answer Question
    Nothing special