Entrust Energy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entrust Energy in March 2015.

Interview

Went in with both eyes open. Some phone conversations plus several on site face to face with consultancy agent culminating with face to face with Entrust principals. On whole I'm not sure the whole agenda wasn't a grooming selection process (on the client's part) and something of an exit strategy (on the agent's part). The worst part of it was, I saw no reimbursement for parking, plus the gas to and from the downtown office for face-to-face. Notwithstanding the questionable ethics of the agendas going on.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were fairly run of the mill. Nothing terribly complex, and seemed to favor exercising critical thinking skills. Throughout the process the agency principal spun like a top; this from someone purportedly in a position of authority over the whole workflow.   1 Answer

Sales Support Specialist - Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Entrust Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I have heard from a few different people that work at different energy providers that entrust will put a position out there and have the salary set pretty high so people from their competitors will apply. What they basically want to do is get information from the interviewee of their company's processes so they can mimic or do something related to gain customers here in Texas. I went in for an interview and was asked repeatedly about how my company's processes were and how we priced deals and she even asked to name some companies we priced for which I didn't not give her. I hear back a few days later that, they really liked me put thought that i was "not a good fit for their team". I honestly believe they have a team in place and really do just want competitor info.

Interview Questions

• Kept asking about our pricing and contracting processes and asked for names of clients for examples.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Entrust Energy.

Interview

Hiring is always done based on which executive you know. If you haven't worked with one of the executives before, you are most likely not going to get hired. Word of warning, this company has an established history of interviewing people for positions that don't exist. They ask you questions just to find out what is going on with the industry, get contacts, and get inside information about competitors.

Interview Questions

• The interviews are very informal and based on the executive that you are interviewing with. There is no standard structure. You will most likely have to interview with several people on the same day, so be prepared to be there a while.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If they are offering you the position, there is most likely no "Candidate #2". You are either replacing someone or they are in dire need to fill the position and it is going to be an overwhelming task once you are there. Get everything that you can get and get it in writing.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entrust Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

The recruiter screened by phone and in person for the position opening. I had 1 face to face with the hiring manager and then about a week later a 2:1 with the CEO and the VP of Operations. The culture is very informal and "small company" feeling - seems like fit and relationship are key to everyone in the leadership there. Questions were pretty standard, no zingers.

Interview Questions

• What did I like the most about working with my previous employer?   1 Answer