Envestnet Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.7

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Envestnet (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the Hiring Manager via email. She arranged a time we could both meet at her office in New York. During the interview, she introduced herself and what it is she did at the Company. She had basic questions for me about myself and background. After the first interview, she had me meet with her associate, who works directly under her. The conversation with her associate was very casual where we both spoke about our work experience.

A week later I was contacted to by the Hiring Manager to prepare a 1 – 2 page recommendation as to what Envestnet’s strategy should be with respect to the “robo advisor” trend. I was given one week timeline to submit my recommendation. A week later I followed up with the Hiring Manager to inquire about my candidacy. In her email response she told me she was not overly impressed with any of the write ups the candidates submitted and will be thinking about the position a bit more. Suffice to say, I didn't get the job.

Regional Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

Very quick response to initial submitted resume, emails, phone interview etc. Then in person interview
    lasting well over 30 minutes one on one but then NOTHING,
    no responses to thank you email etc.......no further contact, glad I didn't receive any offer I wouldn't have taken it seems like the negative commentary is the most accurate on this company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Envestnet (Denver, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

One word - Muppets. Interviewed over the phone and then in person (on my own dime flying to their site mind you) in their Colorado office. Interview went well. All basic behavioral questions. Was told the infamous line by most companies that "you'll hear from us either way." Good one guys. Sent the recruiter and team members an email each just to check on the status and nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Envestnet (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview came very quick after the initial application. There was no phone conversation and the hiring manager seems to prefer email as the primary communication mode. Post interview was very unprofessional as the hiring manager provided no feedback as to candidate status. It is a professional curtesy to provide those candidates who were willing to drive to downtown to meet with your firm an idea as to which direction that manager might be leaning towards aand whether or not an individual is still a candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give your view about the state of the world, economically and geo politically.   Answer Question

Envestnet Response

Dec 4, 2014Senior HR Generalist

Apologies for your negative experience and the lack of follow-up on your application status. If you still haven't received an update, please do not hesitate to contact us at 866.924.8912 and ask to ... More

Project Manager (Non-techincal) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Envestnet (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for this position as a result of a posting on their site. Was late to the process as they had already identified two candidates they were interested in. Interviewed with two HR associates by phone, the hiring manager by phone and then a fourth call with the hiring manager and two staff members from different locations.

Interview Questions

• There were no oddball questions - standard questions: Strengths, Weaknesses, Accomplishments, etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screen, and two in person interviews. The first interview was with the hiring manager, the second was with the head of HR. First interview was pretty straight forward. The second interview was more intense, but not terribly difficult.

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Envestnet in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was strange. Most people I met had never had experience interviewing candidates and didn't know what questions to ask. They also seemed to know little about their business when I asked questions. Comments ranged from "we seemed to be staffed by "B" players and we want to change that" to "management talks like a big company, but they don't want to change." Seems like there is infighting and competition between divisions of the company instead of collaboration. It didn't seem to be a very professional environment at all. The one person who could actually interview me was extremely pompous, full of himself and arrogant. He practically talked down to me.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Envestnet (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone screening after the application was submitted took about 10 days. After the phone screening, in-person interview was scheduled. It took about 10 days. It was a typical phone interview to see how my previous experiences may be transferred to the position at Envestnet | Tamarac. In-person interview took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Probably the most difficult question was 'the white board' question. The question was somewhat vague, I thought the question could have been more clear.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Envestnet in December 2013.

Interview

HR conducted phone screen. Supplied timeline for feedback from hiring manager. Never received a call back or email including reply to my request for information and interview closure. Very unprofessional.

Team Lead/Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Envestnet (Denver, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

Found role online and contacted the recruiter in charge of the hiring process. Had a response within a day from the recruiter, who set up a phone interview for two days after with the manager of the position.

Manager was very nice and personable. Asked a few high-level tech questions, asked a few "getting along with people" questions and then asked about my availability to come in for an in-person interview.

Schedules were consulted and in-person interview was set up for the following day. Got to interview with two developers who I believe would have been peers. The position was explained as a true Team Lead position that would be reviewing and allocating work performed by an India-based development team.

Got to meet with the manager again, he asked more "people experience" and HR questions, and things looked good.

I had been told by the recruiter of the maximum range of the position, and after discovering that the position did not include any sort of reimbursement for parking or light-rail commuting, I discussed this with the manager. I told him, based on that requirement, my minimum acceptable range would be just above the max as told to me by the recruiter. He said he understood my reasoning and that didn't seem to preclude the potential of an offer.

After a few days, the recruiter notified me that the manager couldn't justify the additional salary requirements and therefore couldn't offer me, even though he felt I was qualified. The salary maximum was low for the location and responsibility of the position, and I was willing to take a pay cut to move to a company that seemed to have nice coworkers and interesting work, but not as much as would have been required with the salary cap.