Envestnet Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.8

Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Envestnet in June 2014.

Interview process was strange. Most people I met had never had experience interviewing candidates and didn't know what questions to ask. They also seemed to know little about their business when I asked questions. Comments ranged from "we seemed to be staffed by "B" players and we want to change that" to "management talks like a big company, but they don't want to change." Seems like there is infighting and competition between divisions of the company instead of collaboration. It didn't seem to be a very professional environment at all. The one person who could actually interview me was extremely pompous, full of himself and arrogant. He practically talked down to me.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview process consisted of a phone screen, and two in person interviews. The first interview was with the hiring manager, the second was with the head of HR. First interview was pretty straight forward. The second interview was more intense, but not terribly difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Envestnet.

Phone screening after the application was submitted took about 10 days. After the phone screening, in-person interview was scheduled. It took about 10 days. It was a typical phone interview to see how my previous experiences may be transferred to the position at Envestnet | Tamarac. In-person interview took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the most difficult question was 'the white board' question. The question was somewhat vague, I thought the question could have been more clear.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Envestnet in December 2013.

HR conducted phone screen. Supplied timeline for feedback from hiring manager. Never received a call back or email including reply to my request for information and interview closure. Very unprofessional.

Team Lead/Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Envestnet in October 2013.

Found role online and contacted the recruiter in charge of the hiring process. Had a response within a day from the recruiter, who set up a phone interview for two days after with the manager of the position.

Manager was very nice and personable. Asked a few high-level tech questions, asked a few "getting along with people" questions and then asked about my availability to come in for an in-person interview.

Schedules were consulted and in-person interview was set up for the following day. Got to interview with two developers who I believe would have been peers. The position was explained as a true Team Lead position that would be reviewing and allocating work performed by an India-based development team.

Got to meet with the manager again, he asked more "people experience" and HR questions, and things looked good.

I had been told by the recruiter of the maximum range of the position, and after discovering that the position did not include any sort of reimbursement for parking or light-rail commuting, I discussed this with the manager. I told him, based on that requirement, my minimum acceptable range would be just above the max as told to me by the recruiter. He said he understood my reasoning and that didn't seem to preclude the potential of an offer.

After a few days, the recruiter notified me that the manager couldn't justify the additional salary requirements and therefore couldn't offer me, even though he felt I was qualified. The salary maximum was low for the location and responsibility of the position, and I was willing to take a pay cut to move to a company that seemed to have nice coworkers and interesting work, but not as much as would have been required with the salary cap.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Envestnet.

Envestnet had a wonderful hiring and interview process. It was quick, easy and painless. They asked questions good questions.

Product Manager Interview

Submitted resume. Phone screen. 2 Interviews. Very standard interview process and questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Went through resume and wanted to see if there was a fit.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Envestnet in April 2014.

First it would be Telephonic , the seond would be face to face with Department head which would be more technical , post that a face to face interview with business unit head and final a HR interview and then on boarding

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Envestnet.

Hiring can be a time consuming affair at Envestnet, India with written tests, multiple rounds of interview and each being an elimination round. The interviews rounds/phases can range from 3-5 levels. The first level/round interview may be done by someone from the mid management/Technical and some of them are really aggressive people who is out there to prove you wrong and try to show off their perceived knowledge. The next rounds will be done by people from Senior Management or Technical team. These people can also be aggressive and you will have to answer carefully. Once through, you may have the HR Interview which is basically about pay package. There is then a final interview done by Senior VPs which again is an elimination round.

Interview Questions
    • There might be technical questions asked to candidates appearing functional roles and vice versa.   View Answer
    Bargain hard for remuneration. Get a clear idea on job functions and responsibilities.

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Envestnet in January 2010.

2 interviews.

None.

Worked for Envestnet? Contribute to the Community!