Envestnet

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview Details – Phone screening after the application was submitted took about 10 days. After the phone screening, in-person interview was scheduled. It took about 10 days. It was a typical phone interview to see how my previous experiences may be transferred to the position at Envestnet | Tamarac. In-person interview took about 3 hours.

Interview Question – Probably the most difficult question was 'the white board' question. The question was somewhat vague, I thought the question could have been more clear.   Answer Question

Product Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Envestnet in December 2013.

Interview Details – HR conducted phone screen. Supplied timeline for feedback from hiring manager. Never received a call back or email including reply to my request for information and interview closure. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – N/A - phone screen was very routine   Answer Question

Team Lead/Software Architect Interview

Team Lead/Software Architect
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Envestnet in October 2013.

Interview Details – Found role online and contacted the recruiter in charge of the hiring process. Had a response within a day from the recruiter, who set up a phone interview for two days after with the manager of the position.

Manager was very nice and personable. Asked a few high-level tech questions, asked a few "getting along with people" questions and then asked about my availability to come in for an in-person interview.

Schedules were consulted and in-person interview was set up for the following day. Got to interview with two developers who I believe would have been peers. The position was explained as a true Team Lead position that would be reviewing and allocating work performed by an India-based development team.

Got to meet with the manager again, he asked more "people experience" and HR questions, and things looked good.

I had been told by the recruiter of the maximum range of the position, and after discovering that the position did not include any sort of reimbursement for parking or light-rail commuting, I discussed this with the manager. I told him, based on that requirement, my minimum acceptable range would be just above the max as told to me by the recruiter. He said he understood my reasoning and that didn't seem to preclude the potential of an offer.

After a few days, the recruiter notified me that the manager couldn't justify the additional salary requirements and therefore couldn't offer me, even though he felt I was qualified. The salary maximum was low for the location and responsibility of the position, and I was willing to take a pay cut to move to a company that seemed to have nice coworkers and interesting work, but not as much as would have been required with the salary cap.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 10 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview Details – Envestnet had a wonderful hiring and interview process. It was quick, easy and painless. They asked questions good questions.

Interview Question – What do you expect from your internship?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Envestnet

Interview Details – Submitted resume. Phone screen. 2 Interviews. Very standard interview process and questions.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. Went through resume and wanted to see if there was a fit.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Envestnet in April 2014.

Interview Details – First it would be Telephonic , the seond would be face to face with Department head which would be more technical , post that a face to face interview with business unit head and final a HR interview and then on boarding

Interview Question – Technical   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview Details – Hiring can be a time consuming affair at Envestnet, India with written tests, multiple rounds of interview and each being an elimination round. The interviews rounds/phases can range from 3-5 levels. The first level/round interview may be done by someone from the mid management/Technical and some of them are really aggressive people who is out there to prove you wrong and try to show off their perceived knowledge. The next rounds will be done by people from Senior Management or Technical team. These people can also be aggressive and you will have to answer carefully. Once through, you may have the HR Interview which is basically about pay package. There is then a final interview done by Senior VPs which again is an elimination round.

Interview Question – There might be technical questions asked to candidates appearing functional roles and vice versa.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Bargain hard for remuneration. Get a clear idea on job functions and responsibilities.

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Envestnet in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult personalities?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Envestnet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Envestnet interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Envestnet employees and interview candidates.