Environment America

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Environment America.

I made it to a second round interview after an initial screening on campus. The questions ranged from details of my undergrad education to how I would handle hypothetical situations as an Environment America Fellow.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to explain how I would go about fighting the proposed construction of a natural gas facility in a conservative city   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Environment America

Fellow Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Environment America in March 2014.

The process was fairly straightforward--two interviews, no additional questions or writing samples required. During the beginning of the process there was decent communicaiton, however, after the second interview it was near impossible to contact anyone. I ended up withdrawing my application a week after the second interview because I had accepted another position, but heard nothing until weeks later I got a message saying that I was not being offered the position at this time.

Interview Questions
    • Questions during first interview all standard questions. The second interview was more conversational. Be prepared to discuss "how you would handle a campaign" case study style question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Environment America in October 2013.

Initial application, phone Interview, interview with other candidates in Philadelphia, also spoke to office of potential placement via Skype. During Philly interview- was asked to petition people outside, had to do a public speaking exercise, there was also a panel of previous fellows as well as group and individual interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about ethics of shutting down a coal plant in a small town that will result in many people losing their jobs.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Environment America.

I applied online and heard nothing back for about a week. Subsequently I was sent an email by the Recruitment Director and an interview was scheduled with the director of the DC office. My interview was on skype, and a shorter followup interview was conducted via phone later that day. I was then scheduled for another phone interview with the NE Regional Director. Finally, I was asked for a writing sample. I was told that I would hear back in a couple of days. The process was a little rushed, as training was approaching quickly and they needed to fill the positions. Overall it was an efficient process and it seemed like Environment America was seriously considering my application

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Environment America in August 2013.

Applied online and received an email about a week later asking for a short phone interview. All the initial phone screenings are done through a central office so the questions are really basic. They just go over your background and your interest. I was offered a 2nd interview in the DC office a couple weeks later. Had that 2nd interview with the head of the office again asking standard interview questions. They said they wanted to move fast because their August training was coming up, said I would hear back in a couple days. Two days later I received a call from another person with some follow up questions. She said I would hear back within the next day or two. Never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get someone involved in a new environmental campaign?   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Environment America.

Emailed me for an interview a week after applying . The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes and at the end they told me that they would give me a response within two weeks, but I never heard from them. The interviewer felt that the interviewer was looking to find someone who was extremely passionate about the environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Environment America in February 2013.

Had a wonderful first interview and got offered a second interview almost immediately. I was given two weeks notice for a second interview to be had over Skype. Two hours before the interview was scheduled to occur I received an email stating that it was cancelled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Environment America in February 2012.

I met a recruiter at a job fair and was asked to sign up for a phone interview to be conducted the next day. The recruiter I spoke with at the fair was also the interviewer and she was very nice and easy to talk to-- as long as you seem passionate about the environment, you will get an in person interview. When I went to DC for the 1:1 interview, I noticed that the office was a dump and I felt like the interviewer asked a lot of irrelevant questions. I did not get the job, but after an Environment Virginia Fellow showed up at my door asking for money a week ago, I realized the job wasn't for me anyway.

Interview Questions
    • (I am a marketing major) Come up with an ad campaign right now to get people in Norfolk to care about clean air.   Answer Question
    • What are some political issues you care about right now?   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Environment America in March 2012.

I applied online and I received an automated message notifying me of an interview. This, already was a bad sign. I was told to schedule a phone interview on this online calendar also on their website. This type of massive message and inpersonal communication with a potential employee threw me off but since I was desperate for a job, I went ahead and applied. I got an email confirmation and they told me the name of my interviewer. She wasn't even working in the city and project I had applied to!!

Interview Questions
    • Why are you passionate about the environment or why do I want to work in environment?   View Answer
    • Describe an achievement   View Answer

Fellow Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Environment America in August 2011.

Straightforward phone interview, common questions such as "describe a challenge you faced in the workplace" and "what are you following in the news right now"

Interview Questions
    • What are you following in the news right now?   View Answer

Low pay