Environment America

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fellow

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Environment America in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process was fairly straightforward--two interviews, no additional questions or writing samples required. During the beginning of the process there was decent communicaiton, however, after the second interview it was near impossible to contact anyone. I ended up withdrawing my application a week after the second interview because I had accepted another position, but heard nothing until weeks later I got a message saying that I was not being offered the position at this time.

Interview Question – Questions during first interview all standard questions. The second interview was more conversational. Be prepared to discuss "how you would handle a campaign" case study style question.   Answer Question

Environment America Fellow Interview

Environment America Fellow

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Environment America.

Interview Details – I sent in my application through their website and was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. My phone interviewer was late to call me, and after this interview I was invited to do a group interview, although I couldn't attend. Instead I had a one on one interview in the DC office. After they interview they said they would get back to me in two weeks. No one contacted me after a month, and it does not seem like they will let me know either way.

Interview Question – Asked me to build a campaign for clean water in a community, threw roadblocks in the process, and were very critical of my solutions.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Environment America.

Interview Details – I made it to a second round interview after an initial screening on campus. The questions ranged from details of my undergrad education to how I would handle hypothetical situations as an Environment America Fellow.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain how I would go about fighting the proposed construction of a natural gas facility in a conservative city   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Environment America Fellowship Interview

Environment America Fellowship
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Environment America.

Interview Details – There was an online application. After I submitted the online application, about a month later there was a phone interview that lasted for about an hour. Then there was a group interview in DC about 20 applicants were there. There were several parts to the interview (group discussion/planning, public speaking, petition gathering, two one-on-one interviews and a questionnaire).

Interview Question – I can't remember. All the questions seemed pretty normal (long-term goals, why are you applying, etc).   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Environment America in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial application, phone Interview, interview with other candidates in Philadelphia, also spoke to office of potential placement via Skype. During Philly interview- was asked to petition people outside, had to do a public speaking exercise, there was also a panel of previous fellows as well as group and individual interviews.

Interview Question – Questions about ethics of shutting down a coal plant in a small town that will result in many people losing their jobs.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Environment America in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email about a week later asking for a short phone interview. All the initial phone screenings are done through a central office so the questions are really basic. They just go over your background and your interest. I was offered a 2nd interview in the DC office a couple weeks later. Had that 2nd interview with the head of the office again asking standard interview questions. They said they wanted to move fast because their August training was coming up, said I would hear back in a couple days. Two days later I received a call from another person with some follow up questions. She said I would hear back within the next day or two. Never heard back.

Interview Question – How would you get someone involved in a new environmental campaign?   Answer Question

Fellow

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Environment America.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard nothing back for about a week. Subsequently I was sent an email by the Recruitment Director and an interview was scheduled with the director of the DC office. My interview was on skype, and a shorter followup interview was conducted via phone later that day. I was then scheduled for another phone interview with the NE Regional Director. Finally, I was asked for a writing sample. I was told that I would hear back in a couple of days. The process was a little rushed, as training was approaching quickly and they needed to fill the positions. Overall it was an efficient process and it seemed like Environment America was seriously considering my application

Interview Question – Why I wanted to be an environmental advocate.   Answer Question

Fellow

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Environment America.

Interview Details – Emailed me for an interview a week after applying . The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes and at the end they told me that they would give me a response within two weeks, but I never heard from them. The interviewer felt that the interviewer was looking to find someone who was extremely passionate about the environment.

Interview Question – Why do you care about the Environment?   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Environment America in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had a wonderful first interview and got offered a second interview almost immediately. I was given two weeks notice for a second interview to be had over Skype. Two hours before the interview was scheduled to occur I received an email stating that it was cancelled.

Interview Question – The questions I was never asked   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Environment America in February 2012.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a job fair and was asked to sign up for a phone interview to be conducted the next day. The recruiter I spoke with at the fair was also the interviewer and she was very nice and easy to talk to-- as long as you seem passionate about the environment, you will get an in person interview. When I went to DC for the 1:1 interview, I noticed that the office was a dump and I felt like the interviewer asked a lot of irrelevant questions. I did not get the job, but after an Environment Virginia Fellow showed up at my door asking for money a week ago, I realized the job wasn't for me anyway.

Interview Questions

• (I am a marketing major) Come up with an ad campaign right now to get people in Norfolk to care about clean air.   Answer Question
  • What are some political issues you care about right now?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Environment America

Worked for Environment America? Contribute to the Community!