Environmental Resources Management

Getting the Interview

34 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Technical Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in April 2014.

Interview Details – When I entered the office to interview, before I even met the two people that were supposed to conduct the interview, I was handed an engineering problem to complete by the receptionist. Because it caught me off guard, it freaked me out a little. Once I calmed down and started reading the problem and through the provided resources, I realized the problem wasn't difficult. Once I completed the problem, the two project engineers entered the room to interview me. They asked mostly about my last internship and a little about one other thing on my resume. They encouraged questions and weren't intimidating. I asked plenty and they were happy to answer everything. Overall the experience was positive.

Interview Question – The math/engineering problem was unexpected. Another question was "How do you prioritize tasks on a daily basis?"   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Environmental Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Interview Details – A few days after I submitted my resume I received an email to schedule a brief phone interview with someone from HR. At the end of the call she scheduled an interview. The interview was with 3 people, one with a partner and two other guys higher up. Nothing tricky or super formal. They asked about my education and the job I was working at currently and just tried to get an impression of me. They told me they would make their decision by the next week. I waited about 10 days and finally emailed HR to find out that they had passed me over without the decency to inform me.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. Each of the 3 interviewers asked how my job search was going, which seemed pretty rude. If it was going well why would I be there?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in October 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring & Interview Process was brief and efficient

Interview Question – Technical experience   View Answer

Entry Level Geologist Interview

Interviewed at Environmental Resources Management

Interview Details – I received an email very quickly after I applied for a phone interview which went very well and was very informative. I didn't hear back for almost a week then out of the blue I received a phone call for an interview the next day. The interview went well but it was long since I met with 5 team members in the same day. I received an email a week later saying I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty mush straight forward.   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Staff Scientist
Annapolis, MD

Interview Details – The hiring process from resume submission to the job offer was very quick. I started with a one on one interview with the Partner who was hiring. A midlevel employee was then brought in to join the interview. I later sat down with a junior level employee and was able to have an easy going and candid conversation without the stress of sitting in front of the Partner. Everyone was very nice and welcoming.

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult of unexpected questions. Just conversation about my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer over the phone. I was so happy to get the job that there was not really any negotiations. I was given the salary I requested on my job application.

Senior Environmental Consultant Interview

Brentwood, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a Senior Environmental Consultant position in Brentwood, TN, and an Environmental Consultant position in Boston. I was emailed and told I appeared to have what they are looking for, for the Brentwood position, and was asked to fill out the pre-interview questionnaire. I returned the questionnaire, and a couple of days later, I was emailed to set up a phone interview for "air quality opportunities." This was odd since so far, we had been discussing the Brentwood position, not general air quality opportunities. During the phone interview, I was told not only that I was unqualified for the Brentwood position, but that it had already been offered to someone else. This was news to me. The phone call was supposed to be a chance to discuss the Brentwood position. I was shocked and annoyed, but I decided to keep talking to the recruiter. She took up about 45 minutes of my time in total, mostly telling me about openings in Texas and the deep south. I had specifically excluded those places when describing the places I would be willing to relocate in my preinterview questionnaire. The recruiter also let me know that my salary range (which was very broad), was out of line. I know that it was well within market value, and I do not know why she called me if they can't afford my salary. The conversation was left with her saying she would try to find me an interview in Boston or Fort Collins, and I told her I would call her if I decided I would relocate to Austin, TX afterall. I never called her again, and she never called me. I would call this a bait and switch interview.

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Interview Details – I had to complete a pre-screening questionnaire that was received via email. It was approximately 16 questions; and, they were pretty simple and right to the point.

Interview Question – If you are qualified for the job, the questions are easy to answer. The interviewer asked questions that only pertained to the job description. No tricky questions.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Environmental Resources Management

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by behaviorial interview.

Interview Question – How did you motivate someone or a group when morale was low.   Answer Question

Environmental Geologist Interview

Indianapolis, IN

Interview Details – Submitted application online and 2 weeks later was emailed a pre-questionaire interview. I answered the questions promptly and scheduled a phone interview with the HR rep for the next week. That week I received an email saying they needed to reschedule it for a week later. 10 minutes before my phone interview I received an email rescheduling it for 2 weeks later (This is the third time). 1 week later I receive an email thanking me for the phone interview (that I didn't participate in) and telling me that the job was filled.

Seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Question – Describe your drilling experience.   Answer Question

Sustainability Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Interview Details – The interview process is completely transparent - it is clear that I can go wherever I want, but the path and pace to the destination are up to me.

Interview Question – It was a very laid back interview - they were interested more in alignment with the culture than technical questions; they understood my competency very quickly and moved on to assess the cultural fit.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Environmental Resources Management

Worked for Environmental Resources Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Environmental Resources Management interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Environmental Resources Management employees and interview candidates.