Environmental Resources Management

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.9

Principal Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Very comprehensive interview process. I had a total of three interviews before being hired. The recruiter was VERY helpful, and the Senior Partner who interviewed me really took the time to see if I would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to specifically describe how I would add value to the company in short order. Not an unreasonable thing to ask, but slightly intimidating.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I said what I wanted and they made an offer which I accepted.

Staff Environmental Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Environmental Resources Management in November 2014.

I submitted my resume and cover letter online. A week later, they requested an unofficial copy of my transcripts, and a pre-interview questionnaire. After submitting these, 2 weeks later they contacted me again for a phone interview. The interview was average, they asked about my past internships and experiences. Moments when I worked in a team, what Environmental Engineering courses I took (I am a Chemical Engineer), and basic questions. I think the interview went well. The HR guy told me that they would forward my information to the HR representative in Boston and that she would decide who would go to the next round of in person interviews. They would select 4 people to go to their HQ and then they would select one... Haven't heard from them again (it has been 7 weeks since the phone interview). Doesn't really matter because I already accepted a job offer somewhere else.

Interview Questions
    • How is your job search going? Have you had other interviews?   View Answer

Air Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Applied through employee referral. I was contacted by the recruiter and after couple of weeks I was called for an onsite interview. Interview was with a group and later one on one. Very professional. Interview questions were related to the job position. It took approximately 4 hours. Started with a panel interview and then followed by one on one interviews. Provided ample opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe air quality related compliance steps for a hypothetical situation.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Environmental Resources Management in August 2014.

**Entry Level Applicant**

I applied online and was contacted first about a week later asking for a writing sample and my school transcript. After I sent those I had a one-hour phone interview about 3 days later. I had an in-person interview 2 weeks later and received an offer 4 days after my interview. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. Communication was great as well.

Interview Questions
    • They did a lot of typical open ended questions like... Give an example of when the scope of your project changed and how you were able to complete it on time or if you had to make changes.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Random resume drop to a posting online. Received a call from HR a couple weeks later to gauge my interest in the position, and set up another phone interview with HR for the following week. Spoke for about 20-30 minutes on the phone, no real head-scratcher questions. At conclusion of call, they said they'd be in touch if an in-person interview would be scheduled. Heard back for an in person interview about a week or two later. Interviewed in person with 4-5 members of the office individually. Again, not really grilling me, but just learning about my background and what I was in it for. Everyone was pleasant. Offered me the position about 2-3 weeks later. I accepted within days, and I started about a month after that. From resume drop to start date, the whole process was about 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • What situations do you feel most comfortable in?
      This sounds super straightforward, but for some reason I was a bit stumped. It was not asked to trick me, just a simple question, and I had to think for a minute. It got me thinking deeper after the interview and why that question struck me awkwardly. Other than that, the interview was quite smooth, and I had a good mix of personal conversation, and conversation about ERM and my background.

Answer Question

Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Environmental Resources Management in May 2014.

Initially received a phone call from recruiter, followed by two other phone calls that including the set up of interview which required travel to Houston, TX. Recruiter was very helpful. From initial email to the final interview was approximately 1 month. Staff, recruiter were very pleasant and professional. Review company's glassdoor reviews, it's very insightful (billable hours/company growth). My interview experience with Houston office and staff was positive despite not being offered position. I thoroughly reviewed the company, it's goals, it's accomplishments as well as the job descriptions. The interview was not as intimidating as others I've experienced. Initially met with one Senior Consultant and a Partner, the lastly with a Senior Partner. There was a level of skepticism about hiring an out of state candidate. I would suggest that you not apply if you are not within the region unless you have significant years of experience. Be aware that some work is not billable, which means that you will have to give the company your time in order to complete certain tasks. Sometimes in the upwards of 10 hrs + a week. To some this may be a concern. Projects are not evenly distributed, there will be a serious level of competition to acquire work. Fully understand the expectations of a consultant which also includes an element of sales.

Partner Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Environmental Resources Management in May 2014.

Communications with the in-house recruiter were very professional, accurate and informative. He helped to prepare me for the interview process. The office atmosphere seemed to be very positive and inviting. The interview questions were well thought out, no typical HR questions. I hope to get the job!

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the table that will have an immediate impact on the bottom line? (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Project Technical Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Environmental Resources Management in April 2014.

When I entered the office to interview, before I even met the two people that were supposed to conduct the interview, I was handed an engineering problem to complete by the receptionist. Because it caught me off guard, it freaked me out a little. Once I calmed down and started reading the problem and through the provided resources, I realized the problem wasn't difficult. Once I completed the problem, the two project engineers entered the room to interview me. They asked mostly about my last internship and a little about one other thing on my resume. They encouraged questions and weren't intimidating. I asked plenty and they were happy to answer everything. Overall the experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • The math/engineering problem was unexpected. Another question was "How do you prioritize tasks on a daily basis?"   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

A few days after I submitted my resume I received an email to schedule a brief phone interview with someone from HR. At the end of the call she scheduled an interview. The interview was with 3 people, one with a partner and two other guys higher up. Nothing tricky or super formal. They asked about my education and the job I was working at currently and just tried to get an impression of me. They told me they would make their decision by the next week. I waited about 10 days and finally emailed HR to find out that they had passed me over without the decency to inform me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Each of the 3 interviewers asked how my job search was going, which seemed pretty rude. If it was going well why would I be there?   Answer Question

Entry Level Geologist Interview

I received an email very quickly after I applied for a phone interview which went very well and was very informative. I didn't hear back for almost a week then out of the blue I received a phone call for an interview the next day. The interview went well but it was long since I met with 5 team members in the same day. I received an email a week later saying I was not chosen for the position.