Environmental Resources Management

39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Air Quality Engineer Interview

Air Quality Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in January 2014.

Interview Details – First I had to fill out a pre-interview questionnaire, then do a phone interview. Scheduled group interviews after that. Before the group interviews, had to do a quick test. After background and reference check, did not hear back until a month later.

Interview Question – How would you prioritize your projects if they were all due at the same time?   Answer Question

Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Interview

Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initially received a phone call from recruiter, followed by two other phone calls that including the set up of interview which required travel to Houston, TX. Recruiter was very helpful. From initial email to the final interview was approximately 1 month. Staff, recruiter were very pleasant and professional. Review company's glassdoor reviews, it's very insightful (billable hours/company growth). My interview experience with Houston office and staff was positive despite not being offered position. I thoroughly reviewed the company, it's goals, it's accomplishments as well as the job descriptions. The interview was not as intimidating as others I've experienced. Initially met with one Senior Consultant and a Partner, the lastly with a Senior Partner. There was a level of skepticism about hiring an out of state candidate. I would suggest that you not apply if you are not within the region unless you have significant years of experience. Be aware that some work is not billable, which means that you will have to give the company your time in order to complete certain tasks. Sometimes in the upwards of 10 hrs + a week. To some this may be a concern. Projects are not evenly distributed, there will be a serious level of competition to acquire work. Fully understand the expectations of a consultant which also includes an element of sales.

Interview Question – Not any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer

Interviewed at Environmental Resources Management

Interview Details – Random resume drop to a posting online. Received a call from HR a couple weeks later to gauge my interest in the position, and set up another phone interview with HR for the following week. Spoke for about 20-30 minutes on the phone, no real head-scratcher questions. At conclusion of call, they said they'd be in touch if an in-person interview would be scheduled. Heard back for an in person interview about a week or two later. Interviewed in person with 4-5 members of the office individually. Again, not really grilling me, but just learning about my background and what I was in it for. Everyone was pleasant. Offered me the position about 2-3 weeks later. I accepted within days, and I started about a month after that. From resume drop to start date, the whole process was about 3 months.

Interview Question – What situations do you feel most comfortable in?
This sounds super straightforward, but for some reason I was a bit stumped. It was not asked to trick me, just a simple question, and I had to think for a minute. It got me thinking deeper after the interview and why that question struck me awkwardly. Other than that, the interview was quite smooth, and I had a good mix of personal conversation, and conversation about ERM and my background.
  Answer Question

Partner Interview

Partner

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in May 2014.

Interview Details – Communications with the in-house recruiter were very professional, accurate and informative. He helped to prepare me for the interview process. The office atmosphere seemed to be very positive and inviting. The interview questions were well thought out, no typical HR questions. I hope to get the job!

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table that will have an immediate impact on the bottom line? (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Project Technical Intern Interview

Project Technical Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in April 2014.

Interview Details – When I entered the office to interview, before I even met the two people that were supposed to conduct the interview, I was handed an engineering problem to complete by the receptionist. Because it caught me off guard, it freaked me out a little. Once I calmed down and started reading the problem and through the provided resources, I realized the problem wasn't difficult. Once I completed the problem, the two project engineers entered the room to interview me. They asked mostly about my last internship and a little about one other thing on my resume. They encouraged questions and weren't intimidating. I asked plenty and they were happy to answer everything. Overall the experience was positive.

Interview Question – The math/engineering problem was unexpected. Another question was "How do you prioritize tasks on a daily basis?"   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Environmental Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Interview Details – A few days after I submitted my resume I received an email to schedule a brief phone interview with someone from HR. At the end of the call she scheduled an interview. The interview was with 3 people, one with a partner and two other guys higher up. Nothing tricky or super formal. They asked about my education and the job I was working at currently and just tried to get an impression of me. They told me they would make their decision by the next week. I waited about 10 days and finally emailed HR to find out that they had passed me over without the decency to inform me.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. Each of the 3 interviewers asked how my job search was going, which seemed pretty rude. If it was going well why would I be there?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in October 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring & Interview Process was brief and efficient

Interview Question – Technical experience   View Answer

Entry Level Geologist Interview

Entry Level Geologist

Interviewed at Environmental Resources Management

Interview Details – I received an email very quickly after I applied for a phone interview which went very well and was very informative. I didn't hear back for almost a week then out of the blue I received a phone call for an interview the next day. The interview went well but it was long since I met with 5 team members in the same day. I received an email a week later saying I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty mush straight forward.   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Staff Scientist
Annapolis, MD

Interview Details – The hiring process from resume submission to the job offer was very quick. I started with a one on one interview with the Partner who was hiring. A midlevel employee was then brought in to join the interview. I later sat down with a junior level employee and was able to have an easy going and candid conversation without the stress of sitting in front of the Partner. Everyone was very nice and welcoming.

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult of unexpected questions. Just conversation about my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer over the phone. I was so happy to get the job that there was not really any negotiations. I was given the salary I requested on my job application.

Senior Environmental Consultant Interview

Senior Environmental Consultant
Brentwood, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a Senior Environmental Consultant position in Brentwood, TN, and an Environmental Consultant position in Boston. I was emailed and told I appeared to have what they are looking for, for the Brentwood position, and was asked to fill out the pre-interview questionnaire. I returned the questionnaire, and a couple of days later, I was emailed to set up a phone interview for "air quality opportunities." This was odd since so far, we had been discussing the Brentwood position, not general air quality opportunities. During the phone interview, I was told not only that I was unqualified for the Brentwood position, but that it had already been offered to someone else. This was news to me. The phone call was supposed to be a chance to discuss the Brentwood position. I was shocked and annoyed, but I decided to keep talking to the recruiter. She took up about 45 minutes of my time in total, mostly telling me about openings in Texas and the deep south. I had specifically excluded those places when describing the places I would be willing to relocate in my preinterview questionnaire. The recruiter also let me know that my salary range (which was very broad), was out of line. I know that it was well within market value, and I do not know why she called me if they can't afford my salary. The conversation was left with her saying she would try to find me an interview in Boston or Fort Collins, and I told her I would call her if I decided I would relocate to Austin, TX afterall. I never called her again, and she never called me. I would call this a bait and switch interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Environmental Resources Management

Worked for Environmental Resources Management? Contribute to the Community!