Envision EMI Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.2

Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Envision EMI in June 2014.

Interview process consisted of about a 30 minute to an hour phone interview. Interviewer had a very upbeat and happy personality which I enjoyed. He asked the standard questions, I guess: past work experiences, why you want to work for Envision and any weaknesses you have.

Operations Interview

Sent in application, was contacted by email a few days later to set up a phone interview, phone interview lasted about 40 minutes, after which I was immediately offered the job, interview was very friendly and comfortable, standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Envision and how does it align with your future goals? How would co-workers describe you? what are your biggest strengths and weaknesses? How do you work in a team? Tell me about a time you were given constructive criticism? What are you most excited about? What do you feel will be the biggest challenge? Tell me about your experience with kids? Also gave different scenario questions.   Answer Question

Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Envision EMI.

face to face Interview with two hiring managers

none

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Envision EMI.

Not a very difficult interview, but they do not follow their time line. When they say they will get back to you in two weeks, they mean six.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate your employees if they don't value the same things that you do?   View Answer

Poor work/life balance.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Envision EMI in November 2009.

Telephone interview with the HR manager. I was brought in for an in-person interview with the person I would be reporting to, as well as 2 people I would be working with. I had a final interview with their Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Financial Officer, in addition to two of the previous people I'd interviewed with. It seemed a little like overkill for the position I was applying for, especially when you consider the salary they offered.

Interview Questions

Salary was low for the amount of experience they were looking for.

Temporary Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Envision EMI in March 2010.

When I initially applied I didn't realize it was a summer position - I thought it was just a contract because someone was out on maternity leave or something. So I just never responded to the intial email from them asking for my application and program preferences. They continued to call a couple of times and leave messages but I just never responded because I wasn't interested. Fast forward a month and I answered the phone when they called and they asked me to do a phone interview. Since the position would start in a week or two I figured it couldn't hurt to explore.

I was sent an email confirmation, but it didn't tell me the names of the people that I was going to be speaking with. It did ask me to look through the program choices and identify my top 5 though.

The actual phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. There were two people on the phone - one had me on speaker and I think the other was conferenced in. I had a hard time hearing everything that the person on speaker phone said. They started off asking me my program preferences and when I named my top one, they said that one was full and then quickly rattled off the ones that were still available. And then asked me to name my preferences again right then, instead of giving me time to look through and re-evaluate.

Then they told me they asked me if I could re-locate for the duration of the actual program or stay on-site for 6-10 days for a local program. The staying on-site part wasn't mentioned in the job description or in earlier communication, and I think it should have been. (re-location for the jobs NOT located in DC was obvious in my opinion.

At the end of the interview I asked what the next steps were. They said that I needed to send in the application, consent to a background check, and as long as my references checked out that was it. As someone who has worked extensively with children (I am a former teacher) it was very surprising to hear that they didn't want to meet with me in person first.

The next morning I received a job offer via email (contingent on background check and references).

The overall impression I got from this company is that they are pretty desperate to hire. They continued pursuing me even after I essentially blew them off, and then sent me a job offer without my even sending a thank you note. Both of which of big no-no's in the job search.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything unexpected. The questions were all standard and relevant to the position.   Answer Question

The salary offered was equivalent to $15/hour. With the amount of work required for this position, I feel that is extremely low. I understand this is a non-profit, but that is ridiculous. It is less than I made at my first "real" job 6 years ago, which was at a non-profit and was a lot less responsibility. In addition I don't think they even offer benefits.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Envision EMI in May 2008.

No tough questions. Pretty basic

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Worked for Envision EMI? Contribute to the Community!