Envoy Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015

1.8

Passenger Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Envoy Airlines in February 2015.

It was a straightforward, group interview with specific customer focus questions. Interviewers were nice yet firm and focused. Selected individuals were announced I front of everyone which was a little unnerving. They had a number of interview questions on their website so you could effectively prepare.

Interview Questions
    • It's a high stress job, how do you deal with a stressed and/or stressful client?   View Answer
    No negotiation of salary. It's a part time position with opportunity to get full hours after 3 months. The benefits on paper are good.

Station Agent (Ramp) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Envoy Airlines.

I applied online for the position and received an email about 3 weeks later (right after the holidays) giving me a set time for a group interview session, which I had to reply and confirm. The interview was at a hotel conference room and a woman from Envoy that had come to Dallas greeted us. She said the GM from the airport we were applying for would be coming (he never showed up) and told us all about the position and benefits. She asked if any of us (there were 5 of us) were afraid of heights, because we may need to deice the plane up in the bucket lift. The same was said about working with heavy manual labor outdoors, because of the luggage lifting. She explained the job would pay 9.20/hr and would be part time shifts, although you could perhaps pick up shifts and work full time hours. Most of the time was spent talking about the travel benefits, which she said would be free standby flights to ourselves, immediate family members (parents pay some fee), and one listed travel buddy. Then, we were asked very basic questions one by one, with each person kind of repeating and feeding off of the other. They were: Introduce yourself and why you applied, What is customer service to you?, Name 3 things that make a good team, and describe yourself in one word. She just scribbled down what we said, and after these questions said that we were all being offered conditional employment that was contingent on a background check and drug test. We turned in our ID forms and did a fingerprint check and will receive further instruction on where to go for the testing.

Interview Questions

The pay is just not enough.

Cross Utlized Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Envoy Airlines in January 2015.

Semi Formal. About a dozen people for the position. Interview was conducted by 2 current supervisors. Both very pleasant and informative. First group was informed of process than we were called in one by one. The interviewers had able to inform you right on the spot of offer!

Station Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Envoy Airlines in December 2014.

I applied for this position on November 17, 2014 and was contacted on December 16 via email for an interview that would take place on Dec 18. I arranged my own travel because the representative in HR said there was not enough time for them to provide me with a pass for travel. The job positing did not mention whether it would be part time, fulltime, prn, nor did it list the pay.

What I thought would be an one on one interview was a group interview of about 15 people. There were two sessions. One at 9am and one at 12pm. I selected the 12pm when I confirmed in my response email on the 16th. When I arrived (15 minutes early) there were three other applicants there and the recruiter. One of the applicants told me that the position actually starts as a ramp agent and that several people from the 9am session walked out when they were told.

As people started coming in the recruiter introduced himself and along with an HR person for Envoy and a Manager for Envoy. The recruiter talked really fast and was all over the place with his description of the job. It was as if he knew it was full of crap and was having trouble selling it. He slid in the $9.20/PART TIME pay rate. Then slid in the fact that all of us would start as ramp agents and after working a while (a year) we could possibly move inside. He filled in the gaps of the conversation with continuing to remind us of the amazing flight benefits.

He said that there would be a 50 cent raise after 6 months and another 50 cent raise after 6 more months. He answered a few questions and then asked some group interview questions starting with "Why we want to work for Envoy" and most people said for the benefits. Then he asked "What makes a great team" and several other general questions and each person got a turn to answer. He check off something on a sheet each time a person talked or made little notes.

Then at the end we all realized we had been offered conditional employment which he said "he thought he mentioned up front" we were then taken to a room to get finger printed for the airport and given instructions on a local place to go for drug testing.

It was very disappointing because there were so many OVERLY qualified individuals there. Some having had amazing careers in the military, shipyards, aerospace programs, and corporations, only to be offer a 20/hr a week $9.20/hr job. Something is better than nothing but I cant see how anyone could support a family on that. Envoy should be ashamed to offer crappy pay like that.

Interview Questions

$9.20/20 hours a week...?

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Envoy Airlines.

No good. Seems like I am engry with this company but honestly they don't know how to really pick the right person. All is about how much the y really need you.
    They promised a lot but at the end is all bull stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend you are in a flight and you chose to be seated next to the person of your dream, Who will be that person and why?   View Answer
    No Negltiation

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Envoy Airlines.

The recruiter contacted me about setting up an appointment with the hiring manager and the hiring manager who was very personable and friendly, called back immediately to confirm the appointment. During the interview she was very informative about the position and positive about my possible employment. A week later I called back and was told that they were looking for someone to fill the position as soon as possible and because I was unavailable to start until mid September they were looking at other candidates. It seemed like a very professional environment and will reapply to the position again.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a supervisor challenge one of your decisions?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

After submitting an application you will receive a phone call to schedule an interview. They will fingerprint you and have you fill out some forms if you pass the interview, which you will.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are pretty basic. As long as you speak English, you'll be fine. One guy said his weakness was he is scared of the dark, and they hired him...   Answer Question

Envoy Station Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Envoy Airlines in November 2011.

Group interview 10 plus people one time. Then u advance to the one on one. Very simple interview. Scenarios about passengers and what would you do in certain situations. After interview drug and medical for hearing and finger prints. Hearing test and all this is done in Dallas if live far away they will fly you in to have these test done

Non neg

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Envoy Airlines in August 2011.

Went in with my hard copy of my high school diploma, was asked very simple questions like do I work well with others, am I able to be crosstrained, am I physically fit, and if I take initiative. It was pretty straight forward with the manager and I sitting in his office. Mike Lukan is a very nice manager. Too bad he isn't one anymore

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to stay if your flight is delayed?   View Answer