Envoy Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

1.8

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Envoy Airlines (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview. On the panel, we had 4 interviewers. With the exception of the recruiter, the rest of the panel seemed like they really did not want to be there. I got a negative vibe. I know interviews are supposed to be professional, and it was, however I don't remember if they smiled twice throughout the interview. When it came to questions, they allowed a few questions but it felt like we were being rushed. I had the same feeling after they asked us questions. The interview probably took 20 minutes or so.

I had to travel to Dallas for the interview, and they did provide me with flight and taxi accommodations. I was told to go to the Envoy employee relations office in the terminal to pick up my taxi voucher. There was no one at the office and I never got my voucher. The phone number that was given to me incase a situation like this happened had no answer when I called. I called my recruiter, again no answer. To avoid being late to the interview, I finally took a taxi myself. To me, this showed miscommunication within the company and overall not a very good first impression. I didn't mind paying for the taxi, but my first impression was not at all positive.

I left the building already decided that this company was just not for me. I decided to keep looking.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Envoy Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Then an in person interview with the Regional Director. Offered the position. The offer was rescinded because I made a small counter offer. It took over two weeks to for them to let me know it was rescinded. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

The offer was rescinded after i made a counter proposal.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Envoy Airlines (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

A group interview of about 6 people and 3 current supervisors asked each of us 7 questions the following morning I was called and scheduled to do my finger imaging which is this coming Tuesday 4/21 .

Interview Questions

• Name a word to describe yourself , And why you chose that word   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Envoy Airlines (Norfolk, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was at ORF, a group interview about 12 of us in a conference room. The recruiter talked about the company and its benefits for over an hour and then the GM joined us. We were all asked the same 4 or 5 questions, one question at a time. Was not hard at all. Questions were: 3 things a team should have, your definition of customer service, how would you follow safety procedures, and one word that describes you. After the last question she told us we had all been hired and we began the background check on spot, about 20 minutes later I did the drug and hearing test at a clinic close by.

Interview Questions

• 3 things a team should have, your definition of customer service, how would you follow safety procedures, and one word that describes you.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Envoy Airlines in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the Envoy Air website, which used to be called American Eagle, I got an email and I had a phone interview, the interview was around thirty minutes. It is tough to find information on the company since it is relatively new, in the end I did not get selected for the next round for on person interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of analysis would you do in the airline industry?
      In Excel, how would you put external data in a spreadsheet?

Answer Question

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor Locks, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Envoy Airlines (Windsor Locks, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me asking to do an interview at a local hotel. (Parking not covered). Read me my resume, explained all about how you can fly for free and asked me if I wanted it the position. There were honestly no questions which was a huge red flag. I then asked the pay rate and it was minimum wage! I walked out insulted with 5 years airline safety experience and 2 degrees.

Passenger Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Envoy Airlines (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a straightforward, group interview with specific customer focus questions. Interviewers were nice yet firm and focused. Selected individuals were announced I front of everyone which was a little unnerving. They had a number of interview questions on their website so you could effectively prepare.

Interview Questions

• It's a high stress job, how do you deal with a stressed and/or stressful client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation of salary. It's a part time position with opportunity to get full hours after 3 months. The benefits on paper are good.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Envoy Airlines.

Interview

I applied online for the position and received an email about 3 weeks later (right after the holidays) giving me a set time for a group interview session, which I had to reply and confirm. The interview was at a hotel conference room and a woman from Envoy that had come to Dallas greeted us. She said the GM from the airport we were applying for would be coming (he never showed up) and told us all about the position and benefits. She asked if any of us (there were 5 of us) were afraid of heights, because we may need to deice the plane up in the bucket lift. The same was said about working with heavy manual labor outdoors, because of the luggage lifting. She explained the job would pay 9.20/hr and would be part time shifts, although you could perhaps pick up shifts and work full time hours. Most of the time was spent talking about the travel benefits, which she said would be free standby flights to ourselves, immediate family members (parents pay some fee), and one listed travel buddy. Then, we were asked very basic questions one by one, with each person kind of repeating and feeding off of the other. They were: Introduce yourself and why you applied, What is customer service to you?, Name 3 things that make a good team, and describe yourself in one word. She just scribbled down what we said, and after these questions said that we were all being offered conditional employment that was contingent on a background check and drug test. We turned in our ID forms and did a fingerprint check and will receive further instruction on where to go for the testing.

Interview Questions

The pay is just not enough.

Cross Utlized Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Envoy Airlines (Albany, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Semi Formal. About a dozen people for the position. Interview was conducted by 2 current supervisors. Both very pleasant and informative. First group was informed of process than we were called in one by one. The interviewers had able to inform you right on the spot of offer!

Interview Questions

• One word that would describe you?   1 Answer

Student Pipeline Program- First Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Envoy Airlines (Norman, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

HR/ Behavioral based interview, then a technical and sim evaluation, then a large background check. After all is completed, you will be accepted into the pipeline program. You must accept the offer within 1 year of going to the airlines to actually get all the employee benefits.

Interview Questions

• How do you study for a checkride?   1 Answer