Epic Health Services

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Health Services.

Interview Details – Simple interview nothing hard to answer. nursing knowledge and medication test administered

Interview Question – nothing about the interview was difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – pay offered too low and not negotiable

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Health Services.

Interview Details – First phone interview asking about the details regards to the resume and some basic questions. Then comes the online test which costed me about two hours finishing the coding, math, brainteaser questions. The test was not hard, but it was time consuming, and I remember there was a section asked to learning a new programming language and finish to task, which was really interesting.

Interview Question – There was a man just finished decoration of his new house. He went to the hardware shop and asked the sale man : "how much is this?" Sales man: "one is one dollar. "The man: "Okay, I will take 600, here is three dollars." Question: what did the man buy?   View Answer

Software Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Epic Health Services.

Interview Details – Applied online, recieved email within a week regarding a phone interview. Phone interview scheduled. Interviewed by software developer. nice enough guy. Got an email 2 weeks later regarding results.

Interview Question – Explain how you could make tic tac toe more interesting   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to epic on campus career fair. At the end of that day, I received an email telling me to take a technical interview on the next day. There are four kinds of question:
1. quick answer: There are two metrics here: speed and accuracy. You need to answer 10 questions in 2 minutes. They are related to word meaning, such as giving a word, find the most accuracy meaning in 4 options. Math is another important aspect, simple mathematic operation.
2. A huge problem related to compiler and programming language. Giving you a simplified totally new programming language, ask you a few questions such as names of variables.
3. 10 questions about math, such as find the correct next number following a sequence.
4. 4 simple programming questions. Coding in a editor provided by epic. I can't remember detailed questions. But they are easy, no complex data structure or algorithm are needed.

Interview Question – Quick answer questions. I haven't practiced answering questions quickly and correctly.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Health Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview, then was called into take medication and assessment tests and passed them then was formally interviewed face to face

Interview Question – How well do you like to work with sick Children   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No there was not

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Client Service Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Epic Health Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – I talked to two managers. I was on the phone at first, then I came in to meet the manager in person. I am going to do a sit-in and decide if I would like it or not. There will be a lot of phone talking, but a lot of helping people.

Interview Question – Are you willing to start at the bottom and whether the storm in order to get promoted?   View Answer

LVN Interview

LVN
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at Epic Health Services.

Interview Details – 1 interview with a male interviewer who had no authority to negotiate wages and no medical experience to know what to ask. Had little understanding of the magnitude of nursing responsibilities and my extensive experience. Was offered a hourly rate based on new nurse graduate with no experience and was expected to prove myself in the field and then, later an increase might be possible. After a HR nurse took a second look at my resume, she offered an income that was more representative of my experience in the field.

Interview Question – This was not an interview conducted by a knowledgeable individual. Questions were not difficult, but rather simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not look at my experience to determine my wage at first, so I declined the first offer. A more experienced employee reviewed my resume and offered a higher income more commensurate with my experience and I accepted the offer.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Health Services.

Interview Details – They found my resume on Monster and emailed me and encouraged me to apply. Then they called and scheduled an interview. The phone interview was with typical recruiter. "Ok, great!" Said theyd call me for a 2d interview but just sent a rejection letter.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Interviewed at Epic Health Services

Interview Details – My interview process began when an HR rep contacted me through email. I had never heard of Epic before that. I submitted an application, my resume, ACT score, etc. and then was contacted for a phone interview. Before the phone interview, they had me complete a writing test that wasn't too bad. Had to make up a news article based on some facts, write a press release for Epic, and then evaluate two examples of cover letters. Phone interview basically asked me questions about my resume, GPA, ACT score, and education, and then explained more of the job to me. The girl sounded about my age.

They then contacted me and asked me to complete a Rembrandt personality test which was 1/4 logic/math questions, 3/4 personality test questions. I completely failed on the logic/math questions, but they still contacted me for an on site interview, which I will complete this week.

Interview Question – Very long process. I got another internship for the summer in the course of the interview process and I accepted it because who knows if I'll get hired at Epic or not.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interview Details – I was contacted through email for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of going through my resume, two questions about what interested me about the position and how I heard about Epic, and then questions I had about the position or company. Then I was contacted within a week to take a Skills Assessment.

Interview Question – What caused you to become interested in a position at Epic?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Health Services

Worked for Epic Health Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Health Services interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epic Health Services employees and interview candidates.