Epic Health Services

Updated Oct 5, 2014
Updated Oct 5, 2014

2.7

Software Developer Interview

I had an initial interview on phone, and the HR followed up after for a round of on-site interviews. The processs was smooth and I had a decision in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Health Services in September 2014.

First I did 4 assessments, one is the speed capacity, one is math, one is technology learning skills, the last one is a coding assessment.

Then is the phone interview, I was asked some database design questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a jump chess, brain teasers, and was asked to learn a new language to solve some questions   View Answer

Technical Support Interview

Phone interview. Quite straight forward. About half a hour. Simple Qs. The most individual question is about why you want to join in the Epic.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Health Services.

Simple interview nothing hard to answer. nursing knowledge and medication test administered

Interview Questions

pay offered too low and not negotiable

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Health Services in March 2014.

First round was Phone interview. After qualification they will give a link to write online Assessment test which comprises of math, language learning and Programming rounds. If you qualify then they will fly to Madison for Final HR Interview

Interview Questions
    • Programming is a bit tough part need to write logic correctly.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Health Services.

First phone interview asking about the details regards to the resume and some basic questions. Then comes the online test which costed me about two hours finishing the coding, math, brainteaser questions. The test was not hard, but it was time consuming, and I remember there was a section asked to learning a new programming language and finish to task, which was really interesting.

Interview Questions
    • There was a man just finished decoration of his new house. He went to the hardware shop and asked the sale man : "how much is this?" Sales man: "one is one dollar. "The man: "Okay, I will take 600, here is three dollars." Question: what did the man buy?   View Answer

Software Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Health Services.

Applied online, recieved email within a week regarding a phone interview. Phone interview scheduled. Interviewed by software developer. nice enough guy. Got an email 2 weeks later regarding results.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you could make tic tac toe more interesting   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I submitted my resume to epic on campus career fair. At the end of that day, I received an email telling me to take a technical interview on the next day. There are four kinds of question:
    1. quick answer: There are two metrics here: speed and accuracy. You need to answer 10 questions in 2 minutes. They are related to word meaning, such as giving a word, find the most accuracy meaning in 4 options. Math is another important aspect, simple mathematic operation.
    2. A huge problem related to compiler and programming language. Giving you a simplified totally new programming language, ask you a few questions such as names of variables.
    3. 10 questions about math, such as find the correct next number following a sequence.
    4. 4 simple programming questions. Coding in a editor provided by epic. I can't remember detailed questions. But they are easy, no complex data structure or algorithm are needed.

Interview Questions
    • Quick answer questions. I haven't practiced answering questions quickly and correctly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Health Services in November 2013.

Technical Phone interview followed by a proctored online test and then an onsite interview. The technical phone interview was pretty simple. The online test was a little awkward since there is someone watching you the whole time, but the test itself is pretty simple. The onsite interview didn't involve any technical questions. It was pretty nice, but I was a bit confused why the company chose some of the interviewers. They were a bit strange.

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Epic Health Services.

1 interview with a male interviewer who had no authority to negotiate wages and no medical experience to know what to ask. Had little understanding of the magnitude of nursing responsibilities and my extensive experience. Was offered a hourly rate based on new nurse graduate with no experience and was expected to prove myself in the field and then, later an increase might be possible. After a HR nurse took a second look at my resume, she offered an income that was more representative of my experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    • This was not an interview conducted by a knowledgeable individual. Questions were not difficult, but rather simple.   Answer Question
    They did not look at my experience to determine my wage at first, so I declined the first offer. A more experienced employee reviewed my resume and offered a higher income more commensurate with my experience and I accepted the offer.