Epic Systems Corporation

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – Submitted resume. A few days later, I was invited to complete a phone interview. After answering some standard interview questions e.g. why us?, I was instructed to take a test that was proctored over the web. The test itself was very difficult but I passed. I heard back within a few days. I was invited to interview on their campus. The entire trip including gas to your closest airport, meals, parking. Basically, anything that is not a souvenir or liquor that's consumed on the trip is reimbursed by them. Multiple interviews. I was NOT a business major so their case study, which is common at consulting firms, was what really killed me. I prepared for all of their interview questions (they are all posted on this site) well but knew nothing about the cases.

Interview Question – When are you most assertive?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details – Long and arduous process. First emails requesting resume, cover letter, 3 letters of reference. Then a phone interview. Then proctored logic and programming testing at a local Pearson testing site. Then a flight out there to interview in person. Before the flight had to fill out a 6 page application repeating everything on my resume, have a list of 3 more references, and sign a waiver allowing them to do background check, credit check, and about 4 other checks I don't even remember. The interview process consisted of a tour, then me having to do a ten minute presentation to them about anything I wanted, then talking to a current project manager, then talking to an interviewer, then doing a case study with someone else about project management, then another interview, then finally a last interview with the main recruiter, who also made me do a two minute skills test. Then I had to go to a computer lab and take about an hour long test of math and english. Then they called a cab and put me on a plane back home. The place seemed like a cool place to work, environment-wise; no cubes, everyone gets an office, beautiful campus. But they kept emphasizing that I'd have to travel 50 to 70% of the time, working 60 hour weeks when traveling, and expect to work 45-50 hour weeks when not traveling. I am a recent grad, but second career; I don't think they liked that as they knew they couldn't abuse me as easily as they could a 22 year old. They hire people with economics and finance degrees to do Technical Services. I have over 7 years IT experience and I'm an RN - perfect combo for a company like Epic right? Wrong. No job offer. Like I said I am pretty sure it's because I have a wife and a life and wouldn't commit every waking hour to them. The rejection phone call was read from a script and left on my voicemail. Pretty insulting and unprofessional after dozen or so hours of hoops I jumped through for them.

Interview Question – Case study.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a week I was contacted to set up a phone interview. I was asked to take the Rembrandt profile test before the phone interview and respond with dates and times that worked for me to do the interview. I submitted the Rembrandt and responded with the dates available and they replied that same day with the interview time. It was set to be done within 3 days. I am impressed with how quickly the process has gone so far.

Interview Question – The interview is to review my background and skills, and to let me know more about the position they want to fill.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Systems Corporation

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Systems Corporation Clinical Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epic Systems Corporation employees and interview candidates.