Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jul 13, 2014

3.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corporate Trainer Interview

I applied online and the application was very short and simply--basically just uploading your resume. A few days later I was asked for a phone interview. The interview was about a half hour long and he basically just asked me questions about my resume. Then I had to do a two hour test on the computer. After that, I was asked to come in for a day-long interview. They were very prompt in getting back to me always--always within about 4 days.

Interview Questions
  • In the computer test, there was a section about programming that was very challenging because I have no programming experience. However, Epic says that they hire people who have no experience and this seems to be that case because I still got asked for the next round interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Corporate Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

The initial interview process went well. I was invited for a phone conversation with an employee in the same position. She told me details about the job and asked questions about my life and my experiences. She made me feel comfortable in the process. Less than a week later I was invited back for a testing process, as the second stage of interview. This was difficult-- you were expected to complete a series of coding questions, grammar, mathematical, and logic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Completing the logic testing-- particularly the coding aspect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

You start with a phone call -- average questions, my lady was very nice -- and then they set you up for the tests. For me it took about 5-10 days in-between each thing to hear back from them. I didn't have the intense programming section of the test, so for me it was four sections. There are a lot of word games and awkwardly phrased questions to try to throw you through a loop. It took me about an hour and a half to finish everything, though, and it's not too hard. The mandatory programming section is a little tricky if you have no experience, but it's simple if you take short notes while you're going through it. After that, you'll do another short assessment like most jobs do (do you consider yourself an angry person or a submissive person, etc.) and then wait again to hear back. If they decide to do the on-campus interview, they'll pay for everything. So even if you aren't sure about the position, it's a great opportunity and the campus is great. On campus you'll have around three or four interviews, a tour, a presentation consisting of one 15-minute and one 2-minute teaching session, and info sessions. They'll also pay for lunch, and possibly for dinner the night before.

Interview Questions
    • During my first interview, they asked me to impromptu teach on a subject I would not be teaching later that day.   View Answer

Corporate Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

This was a very thorough process, beginning with a Rembrandt profile, skills test, phone interview and finally an onsite interview. It was very interesting to take each step and the onsite interview was extremely informative. Despite living in a nearby city, they paid for all my expenses to arrive the night before and stay in a hotel. I was given ample chances to find out as much information about the company as possible, and felt very welcomed.

Corporate Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2012.

The on-site interview is essentially an all-day SAT. You will spend very little time talking to a person about your qualifications, and a lot of time taking standardized tests. There isn't really any way to prepare for this, except for practicing SAT/GRE kinds of questions. This might be a good way to weed people out for programming positions, but it is well established in the education community that standardized testing is a poor reflection of ability, especially for something like Corporate Trainer, where the essential skill is communicating with people. They like to advertise that they have a very "smart" staff, but hey, I'm a grad student at UW Madison (and a teacher), and I didn't get past the testing. So how did I get into grad school? Well, thankfully schools look at the whole person, not just a bunch of test scores. Epic passes by a lot of qualified people in the interest of streamlining their interview process. Their loss! Don't waste your time unless you happen to be a good test-taker.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are all that difficult. They are all basic standardized test questions. But if you're not good with test stress, you won't be able to demonstrate your abilities.   Answer Question