Epic Systems Corporation EDI Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted resume on campus career fair, and then get contacted in about 3 weeks. First there is a phone interview and then you are going to take a 4 hour long exam including many multiple choice and 3 coding questions. It covers math, logic and algorithm. After I passed this one, I get an on-site interview that include a presentation, and a tour to their campus. You also get free lunch and dinner. All the employees must relocate to Madison.

Interview Questions

• presentation about a project you have done   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

EDI Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I just completed my phone interview and they contacted me to finish up a skill assessment ,just wondering how difficult are the next steps? Also , what should the salary expectations be of a fresh college graduate

Interview Questions

• I really need help figuring out the next step in the process .   Answer Question

EDI Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

This will take 4 weeks. First week is a phone interview with HR. 2nd week will be a technical written exam which will be sent to a facility which you will go to. 3rd week you will be asked to visit the site and give written exams and interview. 4th week will be an offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied to Epic via their website in January 2014. The position I applied for is actually called Integration Engineer/Technical Project Manager, but within the company it's referred to as EDI. Within a few weeks I was contacted via email about setting up a phone interview. The interview was with an EDI who had been at Epic for about 5 years. He told me about the position and asked me about my educational and professional history. Interview questions were pretty standard. I made sure to express interest in moving to Madison because I imagine that it is a deal breaker for many recruits. The following day I received another email from the recruiter asking me to fill out my Rembrandt profile and to take a technical assessment. The assessment was done through a company called ProctorU that connects to your computer to make sure you don't cheat. The whole thing was a bit unnerving but you sort of forget they're there after a little while. The assessment consisted of a Math/Logic Section, a Speed Math Section, and two Programming Sections. In the first programming section, they introduce a new programming language (which I believe is similar to MUMPS, the language that the Epic software is rooted in) and ask you questions to see how quickly you can pick it up. The other consisted of 4 programming problems that you are free to complete in any language, including pseudocode. They estimate it takes about 3 hours but it took me closer to 4. 3-4 weeks later I was invited via email to an on-site interview in Madison, WI. They also informed me that they'd like to talk to me about a Server Systems position in addition to EDI (it seems that they do this for many recruits considering the expense to fly you out). I flew in the day before my interview and they covered airfare and a night in a very nice hotel. They also asked if I would like to go to dinner the night before with some Epic employees, which I agreed to do. The interview day started at 8:30 AM the following morning. I was blown away by the campus from the moment we arrived. First up was an overview of the company and a software demo. After, I had my first interview of the day which was for the Server Systems position. The interviewer told me about the role, which was different from the impression I got from reading the job description. I explained that I was leery about being able to perform the job based on my experience, but he made it clear that you undergo extensive training, more than for many other roles. He then asked me a series of interview questions which were not very technical in nature. He asked mainly scenario-based questions. Next, I completed another assessment, this time another math section and a verbal section, both of which were pretty easy. From what I understand, you do the bulk of the assessment before you arrive and then one or two more parts on-site. Next was lunch in the cafeteria. The food is great and very inexpensive for the employees. Being in the cafeteria feels like being on a college campus. Throughout the entire day I would estimate that at least 75% of the people I saw were under 30. The youth of the employees is partly where Epic takes some criticism in the industry, but I really liked the environment and felt that I would enjoy working there. After lunch, I, with two other recruits, spoke for 30 minutes with an EDI Team Lead who had been with Epic for about 8 years. This was informal and, after he gave an overview of the position, he opened the floor to us for questions. One thing that I noticed and really appreciated during the day, especially during this session, was just how smart and capable everyone seemed. Next was my actual hour-long EDI interview. This one was with another EDI Team Lead who had been there for about 10 years. This was very similar to the Server Systems interview; it wasn't very technical and she asked a lot of scenario based questions. I felt that this interview went reasonably well, but I was kicking myself for answering two consecutive questions in a way that completely contradicted the other answer. After this was a brief tour of a few buildings, all of which are incredible. The final appointment for the day was with an HR recruiter, who was very pleasant. She asked me if I had any remaining questions, so I asked her for some clarification on the benefits and 401k. She finally asked the only question I had been dreading all day - my expected salary. I gave what I felt was a reasonable number and to my pleasant surprise she said that it would likely be higher. Two days later, the recruiter called me with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a snap decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Received more than I asked for.

EDI Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Was initially contacted via email, set up a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty standard, very easy to talk to. Then set up flight to wisconsin where the onsite interview took place. Very nice headquarters, I liked madison more than I thought I would.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in November 2012.

Interview

I flew out for an on site interview. Most of the candidates were very young, I think all just about to graduate college. The night before an Epic employee took everyone out to dinner. The next day everyone received a schedule for the days events. These included an intro to the company, intros to each job being interviewed for, tests on math, logic, verbal, and programming, and interviews for the jobs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee that wasn't performing their job to standards?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online after meeting a recruiter at a university job fair. Had a personality test and a phone interview before being invited for an on-site interview day. During the interview day I met with more employees and toured the buildings. I also took a programming test while on-site.

Interview Questions

• Interview ended with a one minute page of brainteasers. I thought it was silly to be using that as a metric after a whole day of in-depth interviewing, but I played along.   Answer Question

Found the whole company a bit "odd." There seemed to be no one there over 30. Decided to take another opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

On-site interview has some verbal test just like those in GRE test. I did it really bad as English my 2nd language. It is hard to prepare. The campus is very good though. Many people got on-site interviews. Some of them did programming beforehand, some did it on site. It seems the interview process varies case by case.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you will do if you are in a team whose two members are hard to deal with. One is talking all the time, the other does not feel like expressing his ideas.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

1. General IQ based test 2. Phone Interview. General questions. Was surprised when I was asked GRE and TOEFL details. Rest all based on my resume. 3. Interview at client site after 2 weeks from the phone interview. General maths test for speed followed by a programming test.

Interview Questions

• Programming in C or pascal after ages   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview had a coding test which was really easy, an IQ test and a personality test before everything. There were 2 1-on-1 interviews that were mostly about past projects and hr type questions.