Epic Systems Corporation

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview questions were very basic, tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, talk about your previous work experiences, why epic and similar questions like that. My phone interview lasted only around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume at a Career fair. 2 Days later received a mail asking me to fill out a online personality test form-Did that. 2 days later: Received a mail asking me to schedule a date a time for the interview. Today: Received a confirmation of the time and date the phone interview would be held.

Interview Question – Why Epic   Answer Question

Madison, WI

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by an Epic recruiter who presumably located my resume from a job posting board. I filled out a data sheet, completed the Rembrandt profile, had a phone interview then a day long in-person/on-site interview.

Interview Question – Did you go straight from high school to college?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. I'd suggest to everyone negotiate your compensation package. I'm an experienced professional (not right out of college), so I've done this before several times and although I'd say that they'd probably would have preferred if I hadn't negotiated, they appeared to have expected it.

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – Epic campus is very beautiful. The hiring process is actually quite impressive. I still not sure how they make decision.

There is only one technical interview. The IQ test is kind of strange for some problems, but other than that, it is quite good. They fly you there to a nice hotel and you can have nice dinner with their employee.

The company employee is quite young in average. I was told it is in 20s or early 30s

Interview Question – What do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Email from HR that expressed interest in a phone interview
2. One week later it was setup with an individual that works on that team
3. Two days later HR contacted me via email expressing an interest in moving forward
4. Completed timed tests that covered three areas: logical mathematical expressions, a programming test, math / logic test
5. One week later to set up a face to face interview at their HQ
6. Within two weeks they'll get back to you.

Interview Question – Other than compensation what are the top five things that you look for from your employer?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening was very simple, nothing technical at all. Just basic background checks and behavioral questions. Had feeling that the interviewer didn't take it too seriously either, but overall it was pleasant conversation. It was a little bit disappointing that they are still using VB although the interviewer said they are moving on to C#. Declined second round invitation because had an offer from some place else.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a personality test which took about 15 minutes. Then a phone interview with just basic questions... "Why Epic?" etc. Then a math and programming test (25 minutes). Finally an on campus interview which consisted of tours, demonstration of the software, an English test, and 2 short interviews.

Interview Question – Scale of 1 to 10 are you more passive or assertive?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview two days after then. It went well (or so I thought).Just basic questions on my resume and experiences.

Interview Question – Have you previously worked in a healthcare environment   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – The HRs are super non-efficient! It took them forever to arrange the written test. It was handled by 2 HRs, and obviously they do not communicate with each other, so I have to tell the same thing twice every time!

Interview Question – talk about your teamwork ability   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details – Tailor your resume to Epic's corporate culture, and they really look for young people that are smart, driven, social and are a good fit for their company. They ask you questions like "Why Epic?" "Where do you see yourself in five and ten years?" -- the usual spiel. May ask you to give a presentation or look at a case study. First phone interview, then extended a one on one interview.

Interview Question – What language do you prefer to code in and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Systems Corporation

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Systems Corporation Engineer interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epic Systems Corporation employees and interview candidates.