Epic Systems Corporation Engineering Interview Questions

2.8

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2011.

The interview questions were very basic, tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, talk about your previous work experiences, why epic and similar questions like that. My phone interview lasted only around 20 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2010.

I was initially contacted by an Epic recruiter who presumably located my resume from a job posting board. I filled out a data sheet, completed the Rembrandt profile, had a phone interview then a day long in-person/on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Did you go straight from high school to college?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate. I'd suggest to everyone negotiate your compensation package. I'm an experienced professional (not right out of college), so I've done this before several times and although I'd say that they'd probably would have preferred if I hadn't negotiated, they appeared to have expected it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2010.

Submitted my resume at a Career fair. 2 Days later received a mail asking me to fill out a online personality test form-Did that. 2 days later: Received a mail asking me to schedule a date a time for the interview. Today: Received a confirmation of the time and date the phone interview would be held.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2010.

Epic campus is very beautiful. The hiring process is actually quite impressive. I still not sure how they make decision.

There is only one technical interview. The IQ test is kind of strange for some problems, but other than that, it is quite good. They fly you there to a nice hotel and you can have nice dinner with their employee.

The company employee is quite young in average. I was told it is in 20s or early 30s

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2009.

Initial phone screening was very simple, nothing technical at all. Just basic background checks and behavioral questions. Had feeling that the interviewer didn't take it too seriously either, but overall it was pleasant conversation. It was a little bit disappointing that they are still using VB although the interviewer said they are moving on to C#. Declined second round invitation because had an offer from some place else.

Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2009.

1. Email from HR that expressed interest in a phone interview
    2. One week later it was setup with an individual that works on that team
    3. Two days later HR contacted me via email expressing an interest in moving forward
    4. Completed timed tests that covered three areas: logical mathematical expressions, a programming test, math / logic test
    5. One week later to set up a face to face interview at their HQ
    6. Within two weeks they'll get back to you.

Interview Questions
    • Other than compensation what are the top five things that you look for from your employer?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2011.

Started with a personality test which took about 15 minutes. Then a phone interview with just basic questions... "Why Epic?" etc. Then a math and programming test (25 minutes). Finally an on campus interview which consisted of tours, demonstration of the software, an English test, and 2 short interviews.

Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2011.

The HRs are super non-efficient! It took them forever to arrange the written test. It was handled by 2 HRs, and obviously they do not communicate with each other, so I have to tell the same thing twice every time!

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2011.

Tailor your resume to Epic's corporate culture, and they really look for young people that are smart, driven, social and are a good fit for their company. They ask you questions like "Why Epic?" "Where do you see yourself in five and ten years?" -- the usual spiel. May ask you to give a presentation or look at a case study. First phone interview, then extended a one on one interview.

Engineering Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2010.

Phone interview, skills assessment test, and then on site interviews at their campus in Verona, Wi. The phone interview wasn't challenging, they just verify if the information you've sent them is correct. The skills assessment test gauges your speed and efficiency (try to get it done in 1-2 hours). On site interviews vary depending on the position.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that computes the standard deviation of a list of values.   Answer Question