Epic Systems Corporation

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Verona, WI

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – I received an email to apply online after they reviewed my resume at Monster. I applied, got Ph interview, and took assessments and personality test. Week later, I received an email that they are moving forward with other applicants at this time.

Ph interview - very basic questions about your resume, salary desired. No need to prepare for ph interview.
Good Luck!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in six years?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later received an email to set up a phone interview. I interviewed with a current financial analyst at Epic who asked me fairly broad questions about my aspirations and questions verifying my qualifications. He described what the position entailed and the entire interview lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Madison, WI

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2011.

Interview Details – The company is huge on testing. I applied online after seeing a posting for a position (that I wasn't interested in) on my university job site. The next day I got a personality assessment then 3 days later got a phone interview. The phone interview was very laid back, but I suspect that a lot of people get weeded out by this round. A week later, I was asked to take two paper-and-pencil assessments (math and verbal). I must have done well because they flew me out to Wisconsin (paid for everything) about a week later and then I had 8 hours of interviewing - it wasn't all interviews, some were talks with a current financial analyst/project manager, others were tours. There were only 4 real interviews, most people don't have this many but I was being considered for three positions. The day ended with more assessments...financial analysts have to take an excel assessment - a really hard one! I could barely complete the basic (the basic is NOT basic) and had no clue how to do the advanced, but chart and pivot table section went okay.

I don't know my result yet, but I am saying received offer because my chances of getting hired are really high - I was interviewing for three positions! If I do not get an offer, then I'll re-edit this post to reflect that.

Their acceptance rate is less than 1% of applicants! I think the Financial Analyst ones are the most competitive since it's the smallest division.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Remember this position is in Madison. It's a beautiful city and nice people, but it's Madison.

Madison, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very long and kafkesque, the one on one interviews went extremely smoothly as did the mathematical assessment and verbal assessment. The excel assessment was the most difficult part as they expect candidates to have advanced abilities with excel.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a stubborn coworker?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone interview- pretty standard, nice person. Next came a logic/math exam, make sure they put you in a quiet place- mine wasn't and it was impossible to take the exam.

Interview Question – They did ask who I was applying with and if I had planned on taking any standardized exams.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2012.

Interview Details – Shortly after applying to Epic, I received an email asking me to take a personality test. I submitted the test and then had a brief introductory phone interview. The questions were simple, asking questions like why I was interested in Epic. One week after the phone interview, I received an email asking me to schedule a skills assessment test. I completed the math (mostly algebra and word problems) and programming assessment tests. Finally, I was invited to interview in Verona, WI. I had the option of meeting an Epic employee for dinner the night before the interview, which I did.

Upon arriving at Epic the next morning, I joined a group of other applicants for a brief demonstration of Epic's software and what the company did. Then I met with a Financial Analyst for a basic interview, and the acting CFO for a more informal outline of the position. Next, I had a more in-depth interview with HR. Finally, there was a Microsoft Excel test. The test assumes a high level of competence on the user's part, and consisted of four pages. The basics page required some formatting knowledge and one question asked you to write a macro. One question asked for a graph with two y axes, and there was an in-depth question asking you to create and manipulate a PivotTable.

The atmosphere at Epic was fun, intelligent, and busy. They did not spare expenses on the campus, and the dining was excellent.

Interview Question – List 5 words that you would not use to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2010.

Interview Details – starts from the test and then had a talk with the financial analyst in Epic

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!