Epic Systems Corporation Implementation Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.3

Implementation Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Very detailed process for hiring. Submitted a resume online, received an email requesting I complete an online assessment (mostly a personality screen is what I recall), then a 15 minute phone interview (that was more to verify my information and interest than actually interview), followed by an in-person interview (expenses paid) that included a tour, demo of the software, giving a presentation, taking more assessments (logic and reasoning primarily), and a situation-based interview.

Interview Questions

• Which part of the software did I want to work in. I had no idea at the time of the interview there were different applications - clinical, billing, registration, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't room to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

A friend submitted my resume. Epic requested a phone interview a month later. I had the interview, and was asked standard questions. I went onsite two times for my interview; the total duration was a day. My onsite time included a tour, case study, tests, multiple one on one interviews, lunch, a position overview and a presentation. Overall, the interview process was a positive experience; however, my HR contact sometimes took weeks to confirm interview dates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview consists of on-campus interview/screening, analytical test, followed by on-site day long interview. During the on-site interview, you have to present a 15 minute lecture on any topic of your choosing. The important thing is that you present yourself in a composed way and are able to display good public speaking skills and grasp of a subject without looking rattled. Just make sure you practice/prep a lot because this is an important skill to display, especially if you're interviewing for implementation services.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if your boss isn't available, and an important decision has to be made?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied at an on-campus event and was contacted the next day about a first round, phone interview. That consisted of just a couple basic questions and was fairly easy. After about a week, I was contacted via email and directed to a skills assessment. About another week after that, I was contacted about scheduling a day long, final round interview at Epic's corporate campus outside of Madison, WI.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in June 2010.

Interview

After applying online, I was directed to take an online personality assessment (Rembrandt). Following this, I was extended an opportunity to interview on the phone. The person I spoke with was not in HR, but instead worked in the department I would be working in. From there, I was invited to an in-person interview on campus. That day included a brief tour, a demonstration of the software, an in person interview, and a litany of assessments. Now, the waiting begins.

Interview Questions

• Various situation-based questions, such as how I would handle a scenario where I disagree with my supervisor. Interestingly, they switch it on you and present the same scenario but you're the supervisor who's team disagrees with you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process was not too bad. I applied over a year ago and had passed the assessment and phone interview and was offered an in person interview but had to turn it down for another opportunity. When I reapplied they called me within 3 days and offered to fly me in and interview immediately. The interview was long but very professional compared to many companies (although there is a casual dress code). Overall not high pressure and I thought it measured a potential employees abilities quite well.

Interview Questions

• The questions regarding the business cases. Cant reveal anything, but it was the hardest part for sure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

Just as everyone else has mentioned. Phone interview, online personality test, flew me out to WI, gave me a one-on-one case study interview, I had to give a 10 min presentation, had a one-on-one behavioral interview with a recruiter, and a bunch of tests. Overall, I found their hiring process to be fairly ridiculous. First, I find the initial phone interviews to be a total waste of everyone's time. I was asked several questions I had already answered in my application, repetition of superficial details annoys me. The online personality test was a bunch of BS and could easily of been faked, assuming you have half of a brain. They flew me out, put me up in a hotel and bought me dinner. I opted to have dinner with an Epic employee and some other recruits. The Epic employee had zero personality, zero culture, zero style, seemed to have no idea what exactly healthcare was, immature, and well...useless. The other recruits were all still in college, immature, and fairly clueless. Not to mention had little to no personality. Also, I was annoyed at Epic's failure to pay for ancillary travel expenses (ie: airport parking). Other companies that have flown me around for interviews did just that, which is polite and the right thing to do for a poor graduate student with loans out the nose. One would make the assumption that putting recruits through this hiring process would find competent individuals capable of peddling a product in this field. However, I failed to meet a single Epic employee that would NOT be torn a new one should they be put in front of a physician. I'm not quite sure how they are in business! Anyways, I decided not to take the job. Epic does a great job of pampering their employees when they are at the "Intergalactic Headquarters," but the place just was not for me. It also seems like they constantly interview a steady stream of clueless college students who are entering the workforce yet have no intention of actually leaving their hardcore bing drinking ways for adult life.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 things that you are not?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

This had to have been the most laborious interview process I have ever gone through. The initial contact was via phone, classic general run down, why Epic, etc... Next came the assessment, and a PEN AND PAPER one at that. I had to go to a local public library to take a 2 hour written exam on general language and math skills, as well as a PROGRAMMING test. The position should not have had any programming involved. Then was the flight to Madison, WI. Due to weather delays, I was unable to attend the dinner, however the cabs were conveniently charged directly to Epic (since they flaunt a serious brand name in the area). The next day was pretty packed, which is good and bad. The most bizarre thing to me was that they specified CASUAL attire for the interview. I wore jeans and a sweater (there was still snow outside) and got an offer. However, I did not pursue this position with full intention, as I already secured another offer (which I ended up picking over Epic). The interview was pretty standard, the only curveball was a timed Excel exam, with a pretty unrealistic load for the time allotted. The rest were situation based and behavioral. A good element of the process was getting to have a Q&A session with a 1st or 2nd year peon. They are pretty fair with their assessment, and seemingly are not playing "double-agent". The interview got really sticky, when the head recruiter tried to squeeze out the details about my existing offer. I was toying with them for a little, but then ended up putting it down as it is. A couple of weeks later, the same guy called with the offer and was clearly trying his hardest to sell me on it, but was at a clear loss, as the compensation is pretty tightly controlled. Overall, I must say that the company clearly has a good position in its respective market, and the timing makes plenty of sense. If I did not have another offer, I would have been at Epic currently.

Interview Questions

• What is the current offer you have? How much did you get offered? Where would the position be?   Answer Question

I had a better offer, more relevant to my finance degree, at a better location. Cons of Epic: 1) Pay - the entire compensation structure is not very appealing 2) Location - I liked the beer, the walk around Madison, and the people seemed decent. Pretty clean area all around. But hardly a place for a recent graduate. I suppose if I grew up out there, it would make some sense. 3) Company Structure - it seemed like the company has 3 levels. Flat structure has pluses and minuses, but it just seemed very difficult to get anywhere past that bottom level. 4) Travel 60%+ some travel is good, too much is bad.

Implementation Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Den Bosch, North Brabant (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Den Bosch, North Brabant (Netherlands)) in August 2012.

Interview

It was intense, but fair. There were 4 stages, a personality test, phone screening, several 1:1 interviews which gave a lot of information about the company itself too, and a assesment. I think what they were asking and testing was fair, but they are too strickt in whom to hire. If not accepted they do not come back with a reason why though, which is common to give in the netherlands

Implementation Services Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2010.

Interview

I initially found Epic online and found out they were going to be at my university's career fair so I went to talk to them. That same night, they called me asking to schedule an interview for the next day. At the interview, everything is as you have read, nothing too fancy. The thing that I found to be very unusual though is that they asked me for my SAT/ACT scores, tests that I thought were irrelevant now that I'm about to graduate from college. That seems to reiterate their emphasis on numbers rather than work experience in their hiring process. I was invited to the 2nd round skills test next week. I'll see where it goes from there.