Epic Systems Corporation Interface Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI).

Interview

After the initial communication there is a data capture sheet (educational information, including GPA and standardized test scores), followed by a phone interview, followed by testing (logic, mathematics, programming, and personality), followed by an all-day on-site interview with varying individuals (team leads, HR, team members). The tests can feel a little intense; the programming test can be written in code or pseudo-code (any language). The general atmosphere is relaxed, including low expectations of candidates' attire. The on-site interview has group and individual sessions. Individual interviews consist of the usual one-on-one Q&A and are conducted by a person from that role rather than by HR. The questions are largely situational, fishing for the usual communication style, assertiveness, confidence, creativity, plus other attributes like resiliance, judgement, adaptation, and process. Everyone is very nice and offer a lot of chances to ask questions. They like to show off the campus and pull you around to different buildings and rooms. As expected, the dead time between each step of the overall process is unnerving.

Interview Questions

• Situational: You're working on a project where you need an expert's help, but the expert isn't responsive. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; the PTO schedule is fixed and the salary was sufficient.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI).

Interview

My hiring and interview process was a long time ago so I don't feel it relevant to talk about based on where we are today. It was a fine experience though that sold me on the company and the direction they were heading.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

A personality test, then a phone interview, then a IQ and Program test lasts for about 4 hours.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a campus career fair, and they responded via email about a week later asking me to complete an online test. The test was a few IQ-type questions with a few behavioral questions as well and took about 20 mins to complete. After about another week, Epic asked me to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for 30 minutes and they asked me about my projects and academics. They also talked about their company and what the responsibilities of the job would be. Finally, they asked me to do an exam that takes 2-3 hours to complete. This exam was proctored by a local business but it was created by Epic. It had a 2 minute 10-question component, a multiple choice problem component (String-based questions), and a programming component. Unfortunately I must have not performed up to par, since they informed me that they decided to "move forward with other candidates."

Interview Questions

• String-based questions (concatenation, substring, stuff like that but in a non-standard language)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later, HR contacted me to schedule an phone interview. An EPIC employee called me. We go though my resume. He is very nice. I asked several questions about the job, the company and the industry. The interview took 44 minutes total. He will send the the interview report to HR and I should be able to get result two weeks later. The next step is an remote accessment. Then if the candidate pass the accessment, next step is an on campus interview.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in December 2010.

Interview

The first person had a presentation of how's the business works. and the next persons there were telling more about the positions that I will be working as. And then there was a HR set of Q's by an engineer and the HR person. It was followed by standard tests that EPIC conducts that u might've read about.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the the rent of a rental car, if it's priced by the no. of miles and the no. of child seats checked out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in November 2010.

Interview

Got call through University career fair. Had an initial phone interview, 30 mins, just formality and a few basic questions like what languages I know, if I'm interested in programming and health care domain etc....I dont think they reject anyone here. The next was a written programming test in an exam center within my university. I used C# to answer all questions. Most of the questions come from what is in careercup.com. 2 weeks later I was called on-site. Everything perfectly arranged. A 5 minute IQ test (10 questions), 1 general math test (14 questions), 1 programming related test (20 MC questions). No time limit, but considered for evaluation. 2 interviews. One for S/W Developer and 1 for interface analyst. S/W developer interview (1:1) required me to explain a project that I had done. Interface analyst interview was not technical either. 30 mins each. 1 HR interview, very relaxing. Given offer after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• You have a new release that you want to implement for a client. The client is reluctant in-spite of you having explained the importance and advantages. How would you convince them?   3 Answers

The salary was not what I expected. Too much hassle for a very average salary.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in November 2010.

Interview

I submitted the Resume during the Career Fair in my univ. They contacted me after 3 weeks. I had a first round HR Phone interview, consisting of basic HR questions, about my Work Exp. After a week I was asked to take a Skills Assessment Test. This had a written Programming Test, Quant test and a New programming language test. All the 3 papers were easy. After 2 weeks I was offered an Onsite interview.

Application

Interview

After handing my resume in at a career fair and applying online. After about a month I was emailed and informed that I was good fit for the interface analyst position. Following which I was asked to complete an online personality test. The test was relatively easy, just be completely honest and you should be fine. After about a week or so I was asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was a simple behavioral/ background interview. Nothing too tricky. This phone interview was followed by a skills test.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

The first round was an HR round. They mainly talk about the company and the position you'll interview for. The next day after the HR round they called up to fix up a tech round onsite. The onsite interview mainly consists of a rapid fire section which lasts for just 2 mins. Then you'll be given a problem set on basic maths and basic programming.