Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Submitted resume at campus career fair -- got an email from a HR representative to set up an online proctored exam as well as a phone interview with an Epic software developer. Phone call was relatively relaxed and not too hard. Proctored exam was interesting. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online and heard back maybe within a week about setting up a phone interview and an online technical assessment. The phone interview was more just a conversation and the technical assessment wasn't too bad other than a little annoying to set up with the proctor and all. After that, was emailed about an on-site interview which consisted of an HR interview (what do you want to do here if you get the job?) and an interview with a Software Developer in which you talk about a project you've worked on.

Interview Questions
    • (On-site interview) How would you change your project or make it better?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

I gave my resume during campus career fair and got an email from Epic to apply through the internet. After submitting a resume and a transcript online, I got another email from Epic. I scheduled an interview time when I am available and took skills assessment test. Heard the result 2-3 weeks later.
    Interview mostly focuses on behavioral questions and projects that I have worked on. Technical questions are all in online skills assessment test.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I gave my resume to a recruiter at my university's career fair, and I got an email about a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview was just behavioral questions, and then, after that, they sent me an online assessment test. The test had some basic math and programming questions. It's not particularly hard, but it's pretty long.

Interview Questions
    • An apple costs 40 cents, a banana costs 60 cents, and an grapefruit costs 80 cents. How much does a pear cost?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Fast paced, skills assessment (some can be tricky, definitely easier for those with a more quantitative mind set) followed by a phone interview and in person interview. Super friendly interviewer - made me feel at eased and welcomed.

Intern Interview

interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

The hiring process is pretty basis. Talk to the campus recruiter and get an interview invitation a week later. A standard behavior interview with a research team member and then an online test to test IQ, Math and programming skill.

Interview Questions
    • You need to learn a "new" language during the online test.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Talked to Recruiter on campus and got an email about a week later. Phone interview followed and that was just basic resume questions and some minor technical questions, like how would you go about making sure an app is user friendly. After that went well had to take an online test, which is pretty difficult. There are two math sections which aren't that difficult but the two programming questions are difficult. Can't give much away cause I agreed not too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Phone interview: in which they just seemed to want to get to know you a little bit better, and make sure you were a real person. Nothing too challenging, just a little bit of background and few basic technical questions.

Video test (ProctorU): which basically comprised of basic math/programming question. Nothing that should be challenging to anyone with a basic knowledge in either topic. The programming section essentially covered all the knowledge of a basic CS intro class (recursion, basic programming syntax, etc). Any language can be used.

On site interview: They covered transport costs and housing. They showed us the campus a little and had a basic personality interview. Nothing really challenging here.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty easy overall, not too many technically challenging questions. They just wanted to see if you knew basic programming skills.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

I met Epic at a career fair through my university, later was called to notify me that I had an interview offer. After agreeing on a time and day, within a week of the career fair, I was interviewed and heard back from Epic later that week letting me know I received the position.

Interview Questions
    • Just behavioral questions and then a few technical regarding object oriented programming   Answer Question

Other offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

I initially applied to Epic online and got a phone interview about a week later. The interview process has several steps including a phone interview, an online skills assessment, and an on-campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • The programming portion of the online skills assessment was definitely the hardest part for me.   View Answer

Got a better offer