Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,612 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied to Epic in late July after being referred by an employee. After about two weeks, they emailed me to schedule for a phone interview - this took a little extra time due some miscommunication between me and the HR person. I was also given a 2-hour writing assessment. It wasn't especially difficult, but it was a little odd. Then I had the phone interview, which was very straightforward - it mostly consisted of the interviewer talking about Epic and answering any questions I had (which came with very long-winded answers), and asking me a few questions .

About a week later, I was asked to schedule a time to take the skills assessment. I was also given a link to a personality test, which consisted of a few math questions, analogies, and a large number of regular personality test questions (many of the questions were repetitive, too). The skills assessment wasn't terrible, but it was quite stressful. The programming section doesn't have any actual programming - it just gauges your ability to learn programming (sort of).

After nearly three weeks, I was sent an email telling me that they were moving on to other applicants, but that they would keep my information on file (which is what everyone says).

Interview Questions
    • For the writing assessment, there were three prompts. For one of them, you were given a paragraph of information and told to write a press release. This was unexpected mostly because there had already been a prompt to write a fake news article and, to be honest, I really wasn't 100% sure about the formatting of press releases.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2013.

Started with phone interview, was invited for full day of interviews, writing tests, brain teasers, exams, etc. Had a lengthy interview with an HR coordinator, followed by a tour, group tests, individual writing test, sheet of absurd brain teasers, and other seemingly unnecessary stuff.

Interview Questions

They have a really intense culture that seems cultish. I didn't connect.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2014.

The onsite interview start around 8am with a presentation about current products at Epic. There were some food in the room, but I strongly recommend having breakfast before that so that you could focus on the presentation. Then it's talking with a current employee. Basically you could ask whatever you want to know about Epic. I don't think this would have a strong impact on the result of the interview. After that was a case study and a presentation about my former projects. Not very hard.

Interview Questions
    • All interviewers are nice and there were no unexpected question.   Answer Question

I would like a job at another location.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Forty five minutes phone interview followed by 3 long hours technical skills test which will be proctored by someone remotely. You'll be contacted by the recruiter after a week or so to inform whether you had qualified to the next round or not.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected questions so far for the phone interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online. Then I got an phone interview and an online test. The phone interview went through my resume and they asked me about a technical problem. It took me almost 3 hours to finish the online test. The speed test was really fast. I did poorly on this part.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult. But I don't know why I am rejected after the online test.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

First I received a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and we even got a bit off topic. Then I had to do an online skills test that took about two hours. Next I had to do a writing assessment that took about an hour. Then they invited me for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to go straight from high school to college?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Got an email from a an individual in the H.R department. She asked me to fill out an application on their website. A week later I was contacted again by the same individual to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was simple enough, the standard interview questions were asked. I then received an email asking that I write two on-line tests. The first was a personality assessment. The second was an assessment of comprehension, writing, mathematical and programming skills.

Interview Questions
    • The programming portion of the assessment test was the most "difficult", it was a surprise because the position was for a financial analyst, and I did not expect it.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2014.

The interview process was fairly straightforward. After a few phone interviews and an online assessment, Epic flew me out to their headquarters in Verona, Wisconsin for a day of 5-6 interviews. It was an enlightening process that permitted a lot of insight into their corporate culture. I found their company slightly odd - they continue to strive for a small, start-up feel despite the fact that they presently employ thousands. Additionally, I got a non-conformist, quirky vibe from many of the employees, with odd attire and strange piercings. If a small, hippy liberal arts college in the Northeast had a corporate baby, it would be Epic.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing too out of left field - everything was predictable in regards to interview questions.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2014.

If you pass the resume review, they'll have you take an online exam. This is the by far most important part, as they focus on skills. The test is typically about 2 hours long, and is mostly analytical, testing problem solving and general programming skills (you're not tested on specific programming language, and can answer in psuedocode).

If you pass that, you'll be given a phone interview, which is pretty easy. Just general questions about yourself and goals, and especially confirming that you're willing to move to Madison if you're not already here.

After that, you'll be flown out for a personal interview. You'll be will a number of other interviewees, though not necessarily for the same position. You'll meet with people already in the position(s) that you're being considered for and be given more specific tests for your position(s), be given a tour of the place, have lunch in Cassiopeia (the dining hall building).

After that, if you're accepted, a job offer should come in maybe two weeks or so.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They name the salary and you can either take it or leave it. It was more than I asked for though.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2011.

I was called by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then was flown to WI for a 2-day interview. I had a dinner with current employees which was helpful to be able to talk to them in a relatively stress-free environment.

Interview Questions
    • Analytical, math, writing and personality tests. I was also told to prepare a PowerPoint presentation that I needed to present to a room of about 7 people.   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!