Epic Systems Corporation

1,593 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty low-stress, mostly verifying info from your app and basic questions. Then I was invited to complete the online assessment which was longer and more involved than I had expected. I was just recently invited to an on-site interview.

Interview Question – The programming section in the online skills assessment are tricky.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Online application didn't take very long, and the phone interview was low-stress. The interviewer was very friendly and informative; she was a technical writer and therefore able to provide specific details with regards to what the job entails. I was then required to take an online assessment, at which point your overall application is evaluated before Epic decides whether or not to extend an offer for an in-person interview at their campus.

EDI Interview

EDI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – I just completed my phone interview and they contacted me to finish up a skill assessment ,just wondering how difficult are the next steps? Also , what should the salary expectations be of a fresh college graduate

Interview Question – I really need help figuring out the next step in the process .   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by someone internally and Epic reached out to me and asked me to complete a quick questionnaire along with my resume. After about 5 days they reached out to schedule a phone screen which had multiple easy questions. Much of the phone interview was more their explanation of the company itself. After this, I was asked to complete a personality profile. About 5-7 days following this, I was asked to take an English & basic computer programming assessment. Being a business major with 0 computer background, this didn't go well for me and I was not asked to continue. I know the next and final step would have been a strenuous in-person interview at Epic for which they fly you out.

Interview Question – All phone interview questions were easy peasy.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Was encouraged by a recruiter on Linkedin to apply for a position of Software Developer. I applied and was invited for a phone interview within 3 days. The phone interview was mostly behavioral with one technical question. I was also simultaneously asked to take up a skills assessment test. The test was almost 3 hours long with about 4 sections like others have mentioned.

Interview Question – Re-arrange an array of strings such that the anagrams are at the beginning of the array.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

QA Tester
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for Project Manager position. Short online assessment and written questions. Referred to QA position by HR instead. After online assessment had a short (~15 mins) phone screen. Invited on-site for interview which consisted of informational session about the company, a tour, a computer test with 3 parts, and an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Very specific questions about how you would behave in groups (e.g. On a scale of 1-10 how much would you describe yourself as a listener as opposed to a talker)   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details – Had resume forwarded to HR by a friend who worked there. Filled out an online application, got a phone interview, where they basically asked about my resume and other personal information to understand who I was as a person.

Next, I took an online assessment that basically gauged my ability to learn new concepts and the speed at which I learned them. After that they invited me to an in-person interview, which was a full day of meeting with employees, doing cases, meeting with HR, etc. (All expense paid).

Finally, waited for an offer for about two weeks. Whole process took about a month.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a manager who you think is wrong?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Straightforward and simple - I started a month after my initial application. It was a lovely interview - even with weather delays to my flight, they went out of their way to take care of me.

Interview Question – All were straightforward, but required adaptability and focus.   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Interview Details – After receiving an employee referral I submitted my resume, transcript, and personal information I was contacted the following Monday by Epic HR to let me know my application had been received. About a day later I received another email saying that I would be receiving information on scheduling a behavioral assessment, skills exam, a phone interview. That week I completed the behavioral assessment (30 min) and skills exam (2 hrs). The phone interview was conducted that Friday with a current Epic PM. I was told I would be contacted within two weeks with further instructions. After one week I received and email saying they were pursuing other people for the position. While I didn't receive an offer I appreciated the expedited interview process and prompt responses.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
"What do you think makes a good manager?"
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – First round is a HR will set up a phone interview to have a basic conversation with you about your background and why you chose to apply for the position.
After this, you will be required to participate a online test including a large amount of math/logic/programming questions and brain teasers.
Finally you will be offered a on-site interview.

Interview Question – brain teaser in the online test   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!