Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

2,320 Interview Reviews

2.9

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI).

Interview

There were three phases to the interview. I would recommend doing plenty of research on this website if you want to advance. I spent hours looking at reviews on this website and I can honestly say it helped me tremendously. Phase 1) Met a recruiter at my college job fair and was contacted a week later saying they would like me to take the exam and do a phone interview. Phase 2) Exam and phone interview. Phone interview was very brief and was with a current PM. I could tell that it wasn't really about the interview and what mattered was how well I did on the exam. Phone interview was basic and lasted like ten minutes. Questions were things like "where do you see yourself in five years, what do you know about the role, how often are you willing to travel, why Epic?". The exam will take around two hours. It took me just under two. It's filmed and there is a virtual proctor making sure that you don't cheat. There are four sections - speed, math, comprehension/grammar, and programming. For this position, the programming part is more of a can you pick things up quickly and use logical thought. It was tough but if you do your research on here and on Google you'll come in with an idea of what the questions will be like. There's also a behavioral test that takes around 30 minutes of your time. It'll make you rank things and put what you're most like. Phase 3) If you make it through phase two, they'll email you and ask you to fly out within the next two weeks. That part is really fun. You can choose to get dinner with an employee the night before your actual interview and get a feel for the role. If you do this you'll meet other applicants and get to experience some of Madison's downtown cuisine. The process is pretty seamless and stress free. Epic is flying in tons of recruits so everything is very planned and orderly. If you're good with people, this is your time to shine. -The actual interview the next day consists of 4 interviews, one presentation, one case study, lunch, and an intro to the actual software. There's an informal interview with an actual PM where you just kinda talk about the role and ask questions. Then there's an HR interview where you'll be asked behavioral questions. Most of these center on how well you're able to work in a group --my advice is to emphasize the importance of communication and being a team player. This is where you'll need to think of your STAR format answers. After that, there's an interview with a PM where you'll be asked specific questions regarding how you'd handle things as a PM. The questions are more about how you think and how you react to things. The fourth interview is one with HR that's pretty brief. It just asks typical questions, all of which you can see on this website in someone's review. This is where the "list five things you're not" question comes in. I found this part to be the most exhausting because it was the end of the day and I was really tired. For some reason it was harder for me to think of answers during this interview than any of the others. They'll also ask you what you want your starting salary to be--and if you're just graduating college the correct answer is anywhere from the high 50's to the mid-sixties. That's the typical range for the position if you've got less than a year of professional experience. The presentation is pretty standard and you'll get to make it on anything you want. My advice is to pick something topical that the people will find interesting. There was a lady frowning at me the entire time I did mine which kind of threw me but eh. The case study is pretty basic and they're really just looking to see if you can think logically and back up your answers. You're given a scenario and ten minutes to review it before you've gotta write down the issues and their order of importance and what you'd do to solve them. Lunch is just in the cafeteria with a ton of other applicants and an employee. I was flown out on Monday and received my offer later that week. I also had another job on the table and that expedited the process. My advice to anyone reading this would be to do your research. Come in prepared by looking through all the reviews on this website and googling epic stuff. Also, if you're not good with people, practice(?). Although, this may not be the job for you if you're not a people person. I'm a people person so I made sure to talk to every employee and applicant and try to connect. Don't go overboard though, there's a delicate balance when it comes to working a room and seeming enthusiastic about the position vs trying too hard. I immediately accepted my offer because it seems like a pretty sweet deal. The campus was amazing and the people were really, really friendly. But if you're just starting the process-- make sure you take time and do well on those tests.

Interview Questions

• list five things you are not, what are three things good and bad your employers would say about you, why Epic? If you had a project you'd been working on for a while that fell through, how would you react? In a group setting with five people, what percent of the time are you speaking? What do you expect your salary to be?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI).

Interview

There were a lot of stages to the interview process and a seemingly endless number of hoops to go through - phone interviews, online tests, proctored exams, even personality tests. After all that, I was offered an all expense paid trip out to their headquarters for an on-site interview. The night before when they took several of us interviewees out to dinner, I was told to "pretty much expect a job offer" because I'd made it that far. The "interview" itself felt more like a college campus visit. Lots of tours and informational meetings herded around with other mostly fresh college grads, interspersed by a few short interviews. It seemed to go well, I thought. I remember feeling pretty positive about the nuts and bolts (what I knew, and the practice scenarios), but I was unsure how well I'd fit into their office culture. A week or so later they left me a no-explanations voice-mail that they were going to go with other candidates. It's a big company composed mostly of extroverted young people. Lots of quirky architecture, clubs, and campus events. I've realized I really wouldn't have fit in well and being around so many highly-social people would probably drained me - I'm an introvert who'd rather spend my lunch break eating in my cubical with a book than in a massive dining hall "networking". I'm guessing that was the biggest mark against me. I was shy, quiet, and not super-social. I really really wish they hadn't acted so thrilled about me before and during the interview though. I quit applying to other jobs because I'd been told they were pretty much a sure thing, then out of the blue they dropped me and I was left at square one. I'm kind of pissed they took up so much of my time when they probably could have realized I wasn't a good fit early on. Main advice to other applicants: Keep your guard up even though they're acting all nice. With a company so big, it costs them nothing to run you through the process even if they choose to drop you for someone else in the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I have done with the phone interview in which they have asked about my projects from resume. I have scheduled for assessment test which is on 9th july. In that, they said there will be math, coding and some new programming language with questions on that.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to see you in the next 5 to 10 years?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via email. After doing a bit of research, I decided to respond and apply for the position. After applying, I was asked to take the online assessments prior to a phone interview. The assessments were pretty difficult, I didn't do any preparation for them. The phone interview was a short, 20 minute conversation with a current Trainer. She was very kind and helpful, had very simple questions. Seemed like she just wanted to get a feel for my personality (I'd suggest figuring out a way to standout. Definitely have some questions prepared, they seem to love curiosity as a personality trait). After the phone interview, I was emailed and asked to travel to Madison for an in-person interview. They put me in a hotel in downtown Madison (which is a much prettier city than you might think) the night before the interview. The day of the interview started at 8:30am and went until about 2pm. It consisted of an introduction to the software, a tour of the Trainer building, a case study interview (simple case on how you handle an overloaded schedule), a short interview with a Trainer (5 questions at most), lunch with an employee, a training session (you must prepare a 2 minute and 15 minute presentation), and an HR interview. Overall, the company is absolutely obsessed with their campus and will try to sell you on that above all else. It is a very impressive campus, but not worth going to work there for that alone. It seems as if the overall idea of the day is to wear you down before the HR interview. All of the other aspects were pretty simple and short. The HR interview consisted of at least 20 hard questions. If you really want to work here, I'd suggest coming prepared with a ton of questions and asking them to every person you meet. Also, be prepared to not know how to answer a question they ask you. After the visit, I decided the company/position/salary (they were only offering 40K) wasn't for me. A few friends with knowledge of the company have said I made the right choice as many people end up leaving the company after a short time there.

Interview Questions

• What are two positive and two negative things each reference (need 3 references) would say about you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me 5 things you're not.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with criticism.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I applied online. Two days later I received an email for the arrangement for a phone interview. It takes about 30min according to the email. The interviewer will be an employee who is currently working at the position I applied for. I set the time and date, which will be coming pretty soon.

Applications Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Phone screening by the recruiter, reading, logic, and math exams, personality test, case interview, and 2 in person interviews. It is a very nice campus and Madison is a beautiful city; both of those factors made the interview process a complete pleasure.

Interview Questions

• If an important customer representative doesn't want to follow best practice, what would you do?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

telephone and next written test telephone interview was just the HR where in employee will be telling you about epic written- there are 4 sections out of which first one is speed and accuracy and this section decides the rest of the test. so please be more cautious with that

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

As many on here described, I received a short, 10 minute phone interview with a current Project Manager to learn more about the position and for him to get to know me. It was very brief and casual, and the guy on the phone was actually really chill

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Basic phone interview, where the interviewer talked more about company culture and work rather than asking personal questions/skills. This was followed by a skills assessment that tested various programming concepts and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for it online. Total 4 rounds. 1st round is phone ! asked me ..y epic ? where do u want to see u in the next 5 yrs ? 2nd round is