Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
2,126 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I met an Epic recruiter at my university's career fair and gave her my resume. A few days later, I received an email saying that they wanted to set up a phone interview.

The phone interview was pretty straightforward - I was asked to explain my background, my interest in Epic, answer the ole "where do you see yourself in 5 years" question, and given plenty of opportunity to ask questions about the job and Epic in general. I had prepared quite thoroughly by researching Epic and developing a list of back-up questions to ask, so my interviewer and I talked for a long time. I'd recommend also asking questions throughout the interview if you think of them, so they know that you're actually listening while they're talking and can engage them in conversation, not just ask prepared questions.

About a week later I took the infamous Epic skills test.The math section is mainly composed of word problems/tricky "math riddles". There is a writing section which asks you to correct grammar mistakes (fairly easy, this is something you could study for), a logic section (analogies and puzzles - take your TIME to think through the puzzles and don't panic!) and a programming section where they teach you some basic concepts of a language and you answer questions based on their mini-lessons/examples. My understanding is that if you have programming experience, the section should be a breeze. I have zero programming experience, and the questions got increasingly more difficult, so by the end I was really struggling to come up with answers.... but I guess I did well enough to pass.

A few days after I took my skills test, I received an email saying that they wanted to bring me in for the on-site (final round) interviews. They flew me into Madison and I had dinner with a couple of Epic employees along with 4 or 5 other job candidates the night before my interview. This was a fun, informal time to get to know some people from Epic and ask them pretty much anything we wanted to know about the company and the area.

The on-site interviews: First I attended a presentation where Epic software was introduced. I then had a one-on-one session with a current PM/IC who talked to me specifically about what the position and answered my questions about it (this was not an interview.) Next I had a case study. They gave me and another candidate a case to read, and after what felt like only 10 minutes (but was probably longer than that) the interviewer came back into room to ask us questions about the case. She asked the same questions to both of us, and we switched off giving her our answers. I don't think the case questions were difficult; they just required some common sense and decisiveness. It somehow morphed into a full-blown behavioral interview, and she asked lots of "give me an example of a time that you....." questions. After the case study was over, I immediately went to another behavioral interview. This was non-stop behavioral questions for about half an hour and it was somewhat exhausting, especially since it was right after the case study. I highly recommend preparing for this by thinking of your major accomplishments and difficult situations at work/school/activities that you've tackled. Afterwards, I went to give my 10-minute presentation that I'd prepared. There were just a few Epic employees as my "audience" and they were very friendly. Make sure to pick a topic that you find enjoyable and comfortable to talk about. Have fun with it!
    After lunch we were given a partial tour of campus, and then I had my HR interview (last interview of the day.) This included a few more behavioral questions, and some questions about whether or not I'd be willing to re-locate, the salary I was expecting, etc.

I received a call one week later from my HR person with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would each one of your references praise you for? What is something each one would say you could improve on?   Answer Question

I ultimately declined the offer because of location - I received an offer from a firm closer to where I live.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair and talked about my fit with the company. Had a phone interview the next week. Did well on the phone interview, but then came the tests. I took one extremely difficult test that asked ridiculous questions. Then I had to be monitored to take another test. After I completed the tests, I was declined another interview. Had an extremely positive image of this company until I had to take the ridiculous tests.

Interview Questions

• If 5 lumberjacks can cut down 5 trees in an hour, how many trees can 3 lumberjacks cut down in 3 hours?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

First round phone interview, nice people to talk to. Then I got the second round, which is the online assessment. Four parts, maths, new language, 2 min questions, and coding. After 2-3 weeks, got the on-site invitation.

Client Systems TS Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview, Test, went to a dinner in Madison, and then an on-site interview and test. It was overall quite easy but I spent quite some time preparing for the interview. Think of it as interviewing the company while they interview you-- two way street. Decided to take the job since it was a fairly fair offer. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have explained a technical solution to a coworker more than once and they asked you the same question again?   1 Answer

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I filled out the web interest form approximately 3 weeks before receiving an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with a long-time member of Technical Services who talked about the position for a bit, let me ask questions, then asked me some more questions. Then a skills assessment was scheduled. There were many questions that I found very difficult because I did not have a solid computer science background. The math questions were not hard but tricky, there are few problems that are very easy to get wrong even if you're good at math.

The interview process is still ongoing.

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

About two weeks after applying at my school's career fair, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. This interview consisted of a few simple questions, but mostly the interviewer talking about Epic. About a week later, I was contacted that they wanted to fly me out for an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of company overviews, case studies, and normal behavioral questions - nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why Epic? Most of the questions that are already posted.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

First 15 minute informal phone call and online assessment, then on campus interview. Also a personality test online. Seems like online assessment is the primary thing that qualifies you for an on campus interview. I know I didn't get everything right, but I still got an offer, so don't sweat it. The on campus was great; everyone was nice, the campus was awesome.

Interview Questions

• For the on campus, be ready to describe one project that you've done in depth.   1 Answer

Tech Services Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

went there. they asked questions. pretty standard questions can be expected. very straight forward. there's also programming tests you do on a computer. you talk to hr. they give you a tour of the campus at the end. very beautiful and cool campus. have fun.went there. they asked questions. pretty standard questions can be expected. very straight forward. there's also programming tests you do on a computer. you talk to hr. they give you a tour of the campus at the end. very beautiful and cool campus. have fun.went there. they asked questions. pretty standard questions can be expected. very straight forward. there's also programming tests you do on a computer. you talk to hr. they give you a tour of the campus at the end. very beautiful and cool campus. have fun.went there. they asked questions. pretty standard questions can be expected. very straight forward. there's also programming tests you do on a computer. you talk to hr. they give you a tour of the campus at the end. very beautiful and cool campus. have fun.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I submitted an application through the resume and was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 25 minutes and very casual. They asked why I wanted the job and about experiences on my resume that would help me in the job. There was a skills assessment that took around 2 hours and a personality profile to complete. The skills assessment was pretty difficult.

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

There is a 3 step process. First is a phone interview. Second is a skills test. Third is an on-site interview. The phone interview is fairly easy. He/she describes the job and Epic. He/she will ask some standard interview questions. Advice: prepare at least 5 meaningful questions for him/her. The skills test is a 4 part test. Math, riddles, logic and programming are components of it. It takes about 3 hours. I am flying to the on-site interview in a week so I'm not sure what that entails yet.

Interview Questions

• If you received a job offer from all of the places to which you applied, how would you decide?   Answer Question