Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
1,596 interviews

2.9

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

starts with a review of resume, request for your ACT/SAT score. Next level a few online tests, personality test, math, reading, writing, problem solving, coding if applicable, and your ability to learn a new topic. Next is a phone interview or two depending on role. Then if able, you attend an in person interview, with them paying for the expense, flights, food etc.

negotiation is not probable

Reporting Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2013.

The interview process took a while, but partially because I was still in college while partaking in it. I applied for essentially anything software related, and after gathering information about me through the interviews and my coding test they gave me two options: Reporting Engineer and Integrated Engineer. The first interview was over the phone with an HR person, and the second phone interview was with a Software Developer. Next I had a written coding test that I was able to take on campus. Next I went to a day-long event at Epic that consisted of information sessions, a tour, a basic reading and problem solving test, and multiple interviews. Once that was complete I heard back in about a week with a very competitive offer.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think anything was very difficult. The coding test was fairly straightforward and you are able to choose any language you wish. The worst thing about it is that you are just using a text editor, and are unable to check syntax or find stupid errors. However they seem to grade this leniently in that regard. All the interviewers were very nice and as long as you are somewhat prepared it is not difficult.   Answer Question

I had two other offers. Epic offered the highest salary and best benefits, but what I heard about the company and working experience turned me away. Either employees love it or hate it, and most developers work very long hours and are encouraged to spend as much time on campus as possible. I heard it can be difficult to balance work and a social life. The company I interned with over the summer gave me an offer so I took that instead.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2014.

I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview. The phone interviewer asked random and weird questions like my SAT and GRE scores. I was then told I was going to take a skills assessment, which involved an analytical section and coding sections.

Interview Questions
    • You were painting the outside of a house. After you finished, you realized you forgot something, of which you needed 600. You went to the hardware store to pick up these three things. What are they?   View Answer

Technical Writer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

I applied online and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty low-stress, mostly verifying info from your app and basic questions. Then I was invited to complete the online assessment which was longer and more involved than I had expected. I was just recently invited to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • The programming section in the online skills assessment are tricky.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Online application didn't take very long, and the phone interview was low-stress. The interviewer was very friendly and informative; she was a technical writer and therefore able to provide specific details with regards to what the job entails. I was then required to take an online assessment, at which point your overall application is evaluated before Epic decides whether or not to extend an offer for an in-person interview at their campus.

EDI Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I just completed my phone interview and they contacted me to finish up a skill assessment ,just wondering how difficult are the next steps? Also , what should the salary expectations be of a fresh college graduate

Interview Questions
    • I really need help figuring out the next step in the process .   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

I was referred by someone internally and Epic reached out to me and asked me to complete a quick questionnaire along with my resume. After about 5 days they reached out to schedule a phone screen which had multiple easy questions. Much of the phone interview was more their explanation of the company itself. After this, I was asked to complete a personality profile. About 5-7 days following this, I was asked to take an English & basic computer programming assessment. Being a business major with 0 computer background, this didn't go well for me and I was not asked to continue. I know the next and final step would have been a strenuous in-person interview at Epic for which they fly you out.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Was encouraged by a recruiter on Linkedin to apply for a position of Software Developer. I applied and was invited for a phone interview within 3 days. The phone interview was mostly behavioral with one technical question. I was also simultaneously asked to take up a skills assessment test. The test was almost 3 hours long with about 4 sections like others have mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • Re-arrange an array of strings such that the anagrams are at the beginning of the array.   View Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2013.

Applied online for Project Manager position. Short online assessment and written questions. Referred to QA position by HR instead. After online assessment had a short (~15 mins) phone screen. Invited on-site for interview which consisted of informational session about the company, a tour, a computer test with 3 parts, and an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very specific questions about how you would behave in groups (e.g. On a scale of 1-10 how much would you describe yourself as a listener as opposed to a talker)   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2014.

Had resume forwarded to HR by a friend who worked there. Filled out an online application, got a phone interview, where they basically asked about my resume and other personal information to understand who I was as a person.

Next, I took an online assessment that basically gauged my ability to learn new concepts and the speed at which I learned them. After that they invited me to an in-person interview, which was a full day of meeting with employees, doing cases, meeting with HR, etc. (All expense paid).

Finally, waited for an offer for about two weeks. Whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a manager who you think is wrong?   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!