Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
1,685 Interview Reviews

2.9

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

I interviewed for both the business intelligence developer (BID) and technical services positions. Given that my graduate work was on MRI image analysis of cardiac motion in heart failure patients and that my programming background was limited, I had expected that I would be doing a lot of data analysis as a BID. However, I mostly fixed reports, ran database extracts, created database objects and performed other tasks that did not involve data analysis.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview, I was asked to point out errors in some sample analysis and graphs which made me think that I would use a lot of mathematical techniques as a BID.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Fast paced, skills assessment (some can be tricky, definitely easier for those with a more quantitative mind set) followed by a phone interview and in person interview. Super friendly interviewer - made me feel at eased and welcomed.

Software Developer Interview

Applied at university career fair and got a phone interview after two weeks. At the same time, I was asked to do a skill assessment. The sill assessment was just like what other interviewees described.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Very professional process. Quick. Started with a phone interview and was followed by an on-site visit. Visit included many fit and technical interviews followed by a computer assessment. The entire process was very organized and clean, which was impressive given the sheer amount of interviews and information sessions you were put through in such a short period of time. Definitely one of the more personal and inviting interviews I've ever been a part of.

Interview Questions
    • Giving a presentation was an interesting part of the interview.   Answer Question

Didn't want to move to Madison, WI.

Software Tester/Quality Assurance Interview

Applied for position, have phone interview this week. Took the ProctorU exams and completed a Rembrandt Profile. The exams were pretty tough, haven't had to take an exam like that since my ACT. Be on your game, there is no time limit but you are graded on your accuracy and speed. Questions vary, seemed like quite a bit of math for me.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready for logic, english, math and software development questions.   Answer Question

Technical Services/Problem Solver Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Delivered resume in a career fair. Asked background questions through resume. Asked sponsorship, relocation etc. Introduced Epic and the position. Told to wait until next step is informed from HR. Asked the willingness of travel. I'm not sure what is next, maybe a online test?

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

1. 20 minute phone screen, which were all behavioral questions and questions about your resume.
    2. 3-5 hour technical assessment with 3 sections: 2 minute rapid problem solving speed test, math/brain teasers, introduce you to a new language and ask you syntax questions about it, 4 programming questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given a checker board, find the length of the longest path one player can take. You can only make a jump to the left, right, up, or down, and you must have an opponent's piece adjacent to you in that direction and an empty spot after that opponent's piece in the same direction.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I completed an online technical evaluation. It contained both SAT like questions and programming questions. The evaluation was proctored by someone watching me over my laptop webcam. The programming questions were very challenging and I suspect the technical evaluation was my weak point. I also had a phone interview with a software developer there and think that went well.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult problems were the programming problems. Brush up on performing short coding puzzles before taking the online evaluation.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

There are total 3 steps:
    1. Apply online
    2. Phone Interview
        - Before going to the campus, you have to take 2 assessments.
        - One of them is personality test. Another one is consisted of 4 exams like SAT, except it has programming as well
    3. On-campus tour/interview

Questions were relatively easy

Interview Questions
    • Confirming your GPA and Resume information   View Answer

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied via the Epic website, received an email to set up a phone interview a couple of days later. The phone interview was pretty informal, spoke with a current Project Manager about my resume and was given a chance to ask questions about the role. Follow-up for an on-site interview was a few days later. At the on-site interview, in the morning the candidate group was given a company overview and software demonstration, then we sat down with a current Project Manager to hear more about the role and ask questions. After that we interviewed 1 on 1 with a Project Manager, which entailed typical interview questions (i.e., difficult coworker, working on teams, etc.). Then we had to give a short 10-minute presentation on the topic of our choice (no powerpoint) to 3-4 Epic employees. After this was a case study interview, where we were given 10 minutes to read through a healthcare scenario and were then asked questions about resolving issues from the case. Finally, we had the HR interview (notable questions: What are your 5 greatest weaknesses, what are misconceptions people have about you upon first meeting you), and lunch/facilities tour and the day was over.