Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
1,665 Interview Reviews

2.9

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

There are total 3 steps:
    1. Apply online
    2. Phone Interview
        - Before going to the campus, you have to take 2 assessments.
        - One of them is personality test. Another one is consisted of 4 exams like SAT, except it has programming as well
    3. On-campus tour/interview

Questions were relatively easy

Interview Questions
    • Confirming your GPA and Resume information   View Answer

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I had a phone interview where I talked to a current project manager. We just went over my background and I was asked why I was interested in the position. The interviewer then gave an overview of the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Applied on university career fair, got an phone interview one week later. 4 general questions: why choose EPIC; Why want to be software engineer; Talk about previous project/job. One tech question about a designing problem.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

30 Minutes phone interview asking your background and a interesting question with given scenario. You need to solve the problem as best as you can.
    There is also a four hour online assessment, where your maths,programming,speed capacity are tested.

Interview Questions
    • What does a guy buy after painting his house in the hardware store which cost $1 for one, and $3 for 200.   View Answer

Corporate Trainer/Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Sent my resume on a Thursday for the Trainer position, received email the next day to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview was the following Thursday, interviewed with a Trainer who has been with Epic for 10 years. Easy conversation, was asked where I saw myself in five years. Lasted 30 minutes.

Next day (Friday) received an email that I had moved on to the new step and to take a skills assessment through ProctorU and make a Rembrandt profile. Did the Rembrant profile immediately (took 30 minutes), took the skills assessment that Sunday (took about 2 hours). It was rather difficult to do the programming section, but I've always kind of enjoyed standardized tests and logic questions so I didn't mind the English or Math sections, or even the speed math section. I will say that I found myself rewriting a lot of the sentences in the grammar section. That's just always how I've handled editing badly written sentences- apparently that was ok.

No emails the following day (Monday), but received an email the next day (Tuesday) that my skills assessment had been received and to expect to hear back in a week or two. An hour later an HR recruiter other than my usual contact emailed me to let me know that I was being offered an on-site interview and that they had another position they wanted to interview me for based on my skills and history (Training Project Manager- still waiting on them to let me know what that even means).

Today (Wednesday) received an email from my usual HR recruiter to give them my preferred airport and a few days that I am available to come out and interview. Interview is supposed to last one day, but I'm to arrive the day before my interview day.

It's been less than two weeks since I sent in my resume on a whim and I'm going to be flying out to Madison sometime in the next week and a half. I'm marking that I haven't received an offer, but that could change in a few weeks :)

Interview Questions
    • There was a weird question about fruit on the math section of the assessment. Don't worry too much about the really weird questions, I think they're just there to throw you off.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied via the Epic website, received an email to set up a phone interview a couple of days later. The phone interview was pretty informal, spoke with a current Project Manager about my resume and was given a chance to ask questions about the role. Follow-up for an on-site interview was a few days later. At the on-site interview, in the morning the candidate group was given a company overview and software demonstration, then we sat down with a current Project Manager to hear more about the role and ask questions. After that we interviewed 1 on 1 with a Project Manager, which entailed typical interview questions (i.e., difficult coworker, working on teams, etc.). Then we had to give a short 10-minute presentation on the topic of our choice (no powerpoint) to 3-4 Epic employees. After this was a case study interview, where we were given 10 minutes to read through a healthcare scenario and were then asked questions about resolving issues from the case. Finally, we had the HR interview (notable questions: What are your 5 greatest weaknesses, what are misconceptions people have about you upon first meeting you), and lunch/facilities tour and the day was over.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I was recruited. Lengthy application process. Straight-forward in-person interview. I think that they focus on recent grads with high GPAs who are scared of failing in their first "real" job, and will therefore put up with the dull work and long hours.

Interview Questions
    • List 5 things that you are not (e.g. unorganized, bad at listening, ...).   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The first round is phone interview. There are some behaviour questions like tell me about yourself, why you are interested in Epic. Then go through the resume, almost talked about every thing on the resume. And an algorithm question, if a robot is following you, how can it find you. Last, there are some general questions like do you willing to relocate?

Interview Questions
    • There are not some difficult questions in first round interview, but they have an online assignment after the first round phone interview, it took more than two hours.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

The interview process was really nice and informal. First I was interviewed by human resources and then I got to talk to an actual project manager at the company were she spend most of the time talking. In addition, part of the interview requires you to take to different exams.

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First round is a brief phone interview, second round is a (long) skills assessment, and third is an on-site interview. I actually decided this company wasn't for me before finishing the hiring process. The negative comments from other reviews are all true. I didn't need to waste my time.

Interview Questions
    • The programming portion of the skills assessment was the most difficult.   Answer Question