Epic Systems Corporation Interfacing Wizard/Technical Project Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

I received an email from HR of epic, said they found my resume on monster.com. And they suggested me to apply the "Technical Services" role. Then I applied on epic's job page and received an email later that day to complete a Rembrandt assessment online within the next 24-48 hours. Assessment consisted of personality questions interspersed with easy math/logic problems and lasted about 25 minutes. This is a personality test and my result was just ok for epic. Then I received an email about 3days later asking me to switch to apply "Interfacing Wizard / Technical Project Manager" instead. Well I didn't really know the difference so I just set up a phone interview with an "Interfacing Wizard / Technical Project Manager" a week later. The guy on the phone is very friendly. We talked through my resume and I asked about the typical day and responsibility of this role. Just about twenty mins. Easy one. Then I have got the email to let me schedule a Pearson VUE skill test. I scheduled one week after. My test has two parts, single choice and programming. They were all testing my programming skills. The later one is harder, You can choose your favorite language.I forgot some commands in Python, so I have to guess and comment it. Two days later I have got an email from epic said they have received the test score and they need one week to decide if we should continue for an on-site. Still waiting for epic's response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Interfacing Wizard/Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2011.

Interview

I'm a DBA and applied here because the work culture seemed to inspire learning however the reviews here were substantiated over the course of my interview. It turned out like just another software company. They work with really old technology have a product that works and are in no hurry to change (dont fix what's not broken?). It would've been more effective if I had said the following after I got an offer and declined but I'm going to say it anyways. I lost interest and had made up my mind to go as far as I can in the process and politely turn them down if I were presented with an offer. I could have easily done well on the skills test had I brushed up on my programming (the math and logic sections were easy) but I don't want to program and EPIC is all about programming. Also, they could'nt have matched my current compensation much less raise it. All this may sound like I'm giving reasons and I don't care. Bottomline, I hope whoever reads my review realizes this - if you're a developer/programmer with a couple years of experience this place is for you. This is not a place to expand your skill set or grow, the interviewer (another technical project manager - i think there are a lot of them) plainly told me growth is mostly only lateral and any opportunity to be creative is only within the scope of the technology they use to support their product line. This is a great "job" not a career. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Personal interview was just that, to see if you can verbally communicate well, the usual "tell me about yourself?" type questions.   Answer Question

Interfacing Wizard/Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2011.

Interview

After application, a HR contacted me and made an appointment for phone interview. Phone interview mostly asked about the background and some questions from resume. About three or four days later, they told me that I can continue to skills test. After skill test, they informed me that they had decided moving on to others.

Interfacing Wizard, Technical PROJECT MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2011.

Interview

Personality test, phone interview and assessment exams mostly c++