Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI).

Interview

There were three phases to the interview. I would recommend doing plenty of research on this website if you want to advance. I spent hours looking at reviews on this website and I can honestly say it helped me tremendously. Phase 1) Met a recruiter at my college job fair and was contacted a week later saying they would like me to take the exam and do a phone interview. Phase 2) Exam and phone interview. Phone interview was very brief and was with a current PM. I could tell that it wasn't really about the interview and what mattered was how well I did on the exam. Phone interview was basic and lasted like ten minutes. Questions were things like "where do you see yourself in five years, what do you know about the role, how often are you willing to travel, why Epic?". The exam will take around two hours. It took me just under two. It's filmed and there is a virtual proctor making sure that you don't cheat. There are four sections - speed, math, comprehension/grammar, and programming. For this position, the programming part is more of a can you pick things up quickly and use logical thought. It was tough but if you do your research on here and on Google you'll come in with an idea of what the questions will be like. There's also a behavioral test that takes around 30 minutes of your time. It'll make you rank things and put what you're most like. Phase 3) If you make it through phase two, they'll email you and ask you to fly out within the next two weeks. That part is really fun. You can choose to get dinner with an employee the night before your actual interview and get a feel for the role. If you do this you'll meet other applicants and get to experience some of Madison's downtown cuisine. The process is pretty seamless and stress free. Epic is flying in tons of recruits so everything is very planned and orderly. If you're good with people, this is your time to shine. -The actual interview the next day consists of 4 interviews, one presentation, one case study, lunch, and an intro to the actual software. There's an informal interview with an actual PM where you just kinda talk about the role and ask questions. Then there's an HR interview where you'll be asked behavioral questions. Most of these center on how well you're able to work in a group --my advice is to emphasize the importance of communication and being a team player. This is where you'll need to think of your STAR format answers. After that, there's an interview with a PM where you'll be asked specific questions regarding how you'd handle things as a PM. The questions are more about how you think and how you react to things. The fourth interview is one with HR that's pretty brief. It just asks typical questions, all of which you can see on this website in someone's review. This is where the "list five things you're not" question comes in. I found this part to be the most exhausting because it was the end of the day and I was really tired. For some reason it was harder for me to think of answers during this interview than any of the others. They'll also ask you what you want your starting salary to be--and if you're just graduating college the correct answer is anywhere from the high 50's to the mid-sixties. That's the typical range for the position if you've got less than a year of professional experience. The presentation is pretty standard and you'll get to make it on anything you want. My advice is to pick something topical that the people will find interesting. There was a lady frowning at me the entire time I did mine which kind of threw me but eh. The case study is pretty basic and they're really just looking to see if you can think logically and back up your answers. You're given a scenario and ten minutes to review it before you've gotta write down the issues and their order of importance and what you'd do to solve them. Lunch is just in the cafeteria with a ton of other applicants and an employee. I was flown out on Monday and received my offer later that week. I also had another job on the table and that expedited the process. My advice to anyone reading this would be to do your research. Come in prepared by looking through all the reviews on this website and googling epic stuff. Also, if you're not good with people, practice(?). Although, this may not be the job for you if you're not a people person. I'm a people person so I made sure to talk to every employee and applicant and try to connect. Don't go overboard though, there's a delicate balance when it comes to working a room and seeming enthusiastic about the position vs trying too hard. I immediately accepted my offer because it seems like a pretty sweet deal. The campus was amazing and the people were really, really friendly. But if you're just starting the process-- make sure you take time and do well on those tests.

Interview Questions

• list five things you are not, what are three things good and bad your employers would say about you, why Epic? If you had a project you'd been working on for a while that fell through, how would you react? In a group setting with five people, what percent of the time are you speaking? What do you expect your salary to be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Interview

First had to apply online. Heard back within a day. Set up a 30 minute interview on the phone and an online skills assessment. If you pass both of these you get a whole day on site interview.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was very intense. I applied only and heard back for a phone interview two weeks after. After the phone interview, I was invited to complete a skills assessment two weeks later. After completing the skills assessment, within another two weeks I was invited up to interview in person. The interview was very intense - all day, which included about four different interviews and then assessments for the positions that you were interested in. I ended up not receiving the job, but did enjoy the experience of going up to see the facility (which is amazing).

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any out of the line questions - mostly relating to what you would do in certain situations or how you deal with tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

There is a very simple application process online and they respond really quickly to your interview. As others have mentioned, there is a phone interview as well as a personality test and skill levels test. There isn't really a way to prepare for the programming aspect of the test, just use your reasoning.

Interview Questions

• What previous experiences of yours will help you in this position?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Filled out "Inquiry form" on Epic website. Was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. was E-mail instructed me to complete an online personality test before. Also, required to take two tests via ProctorU before the phone interview. One was a test evaluating how quickly you could pick up on a simple software. I had no previous software experience and felt it was difficult, but doable. A second test was administered to test basic logic. Easy but timed, so make sure you pay attention to time limits! Phone interview was very simple and informative- make sure you have questions prepared to ask the project manager who will be interviewing you. Brief questions, and a run through your resume. Had the interview on a Friday and was contacted on Tuesday to set up an on-site interview, which I have early next week. Quick process if you live in the area!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why Epic? Walk me through significant parts of your resume. How much are you willing to travel.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: lasted a half hour. The first two thirds consisted of the interviewer telling me about the position. Then he asked me maybe 5 questions and then I asked him questions. I did not get asked to an onsite interview for this position, but did get offered one for a technical services position.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI).

Interview

Full day on site interview process, presentation about what epic does and who they are. Then your day starts with 3 interviews, 1 pre planned presentation and a group problem solving session with presentation. 1 skills test and a briefing about what a normal day would be like in your applied position.

Interview Questions

• if you had to present to three different groups (friends, large audience, ceo) which would be the toughest and how would you change the presentation to suit the audience   1 Answer

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Very structured process, definitely made a process out of it. Moved around the company during my time in Verona, talked to people of different roles. Definitely clear they selected the most loyal employees to handle this, as everyone was more hyped on Epic than average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Really, the interview process is very casual and comfortable. The initial phone interview is with another PM/IC. Following that are the online exams, which were difficult, but relevant to gauge your ability to reason and quantify information. But the final portion of the process was the on site interview. I drove in from my city, about three hours, and was utterly amazed at what the campus had to offer. It is beautiful, the people that work there love their jobs, and the company really spoke for itself.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

First part is an online application, followed by an online test. If they like you, they fly you out for an onsite interview. The online test is brutal, and you will feel like you did horribly, but I got an interview after that anyway and got to fly out. Still waiting to hear back.