Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
1,597 interviews

2.9

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied online and quite soon got their email saying they want arrange an phone interview with me, at the mean time do a online assessment through a proctor website. The phone interview asked questions about database and algorithm, and they were not that hard. But the online assessment test was.

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

I was required to take an online SAT-style test. It was very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write a program that would read in the number of digits for a password and would then output every well-ordered alphabetic password.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Met them at a job fair at my university, and pretty quickly got a phone interview. Had a decent conversation with the developer, but when he was asking me questions, he didn't seem at all enthusiastic. Next, I was contacted to take their assessment test. Since I couldn't be on site to take the test, I took it online while being proctored via webcam. That test was really difficult. I still don't even know how I could have prepared for that.

Interview Questions
    • A man was fixing his house and went to the hardware store. He pointed something out and asked how much one would cost. The clerk told him it would cost a dollar. The man asked for 300 of them. The clerk said "That will be $3". What did the man buy?   View Answers (2)

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter. They sent me a link to take a test on a web site. The test consisted of some math and then tasks to write four different programs. ??? I'm not a programmer. This so called test is used to evaluate you and for Epic to consider moving forward with you. Nobody even talked to me so I don't know how they think they could learn anything about me.

Interview Questions
    • Programming questions when that's not what I applied for.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Was flown out and put in a hotel, which was pretty nice of them. However, the interview was a joke. Came in and found out there were 8 other people interviewing for the same position that I had to spend the entire day with. They take you on a tour of their overly nice campus that looks like something from Star Trek. Then you have to take a test on computer code, regardless of the position you are applying for. The interview itself is based on all the qualities you don't have and has nothing to do with your strengths or experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2013.

Applied to the company and submitted my application online. Had phone interview that was a standard HR screen; interviewer didn’t sound all that tough nor all that interested. If you have a decent enough resume, it seems like a formality. They got back to me within a week to invite me to an on campus interview in Verona. I sent them back a form with my preferred visit days, and then waited. That wait was the longest wait as far as not hearing anything, and then finally about a week after sending them that form they got back to me with a travel itinerary. I accepted, then visited Verona.

If you’re from out of town, they’ll put you up in a nice hotel downtown by the capitol, pay for your flight and cab ride to and from the company HQ. The HQ itself looks like Disneyworld (and has a slide, themed buildings, treehouse, etc.), and is mostly full of young people and former farmland that is very nice. You’ll be put through a couple HR interviews 1 on 1, a presentation with several staff audience members, and a case study discussion with a few people and a computer-based skills assessment—those are the hard parts. The rest of it consists of guided tours and basic info sessions and adds up to a long day. The HR interview is standard, the presentation is very casual, and the case study is mostly common sense. The computer-based skills assessment was fairly ordinary, but try to take it at a testing site before you get there rather than the day of the actual interview.

The work culture is very laid back in style but the job doesn’t seem to have that much upward mobility (they advertise a “flat” corporate structure). Agreed with most of their approaches towards creativity, fun, and customer service but didn’t get any indication of the long-term direction of the company no matter how many times I asked. I was interviewed by mostly veterans of the company who had been there 7+ years, but got tours from HR people a few years younger than that. Had a few older folks in the interview group, but most of your interviewees there are those with math or science backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • If you disagreed with a group leader’s decision, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2012.

They flew me out to interview in Madison, WI and I had a lovely weekend. The interview day was jam-packed and high-paced. I was interviewing with someone, giving presentations, or taking written tests constantly from 8:30am to 5:30pm. My perception of the people working there was just the same, friendly, great, but very fast-paced.

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2012.

Long and arduous process. First emails requesting resume, cover letter, 3 letters of reference. Then a phone interview. Then proctored logic and programming testing at a local Pearson testing site. Then a flight out there to interview in person. Before the flight had to fill out a 6 page application repeating everything on my resume, have a list of 3 more references, and sign a waiver allowing them to do background check, credit check, and about 4 other checks I don't even remember. The interview process consisted of a tour, then me having to do a ten minute presentation to them about anything I wanted, then talking to a current project manager, then talking to an interviewer, then doing a case study with someone else about project management, then another interview, then finally a last interview with the main recruiter, who also made me do a two minute skills test. Then I had to go to a computer lab and take about an hour long test of math and english. Then they called a cab and put me on a plane back home. The place seemed like a cool place to work, environment-wise; no cubes, everyone gets an office, beautiful campus. But they kept emphasizing that I'd have to travel 50 to 70% of the time, working 60 hour weeks when traveling, and expect to work 45-50 hour weeks when not traveling. I am a recent grad, but second career; I don't think they liked that as they knew they couldn't abuse me as easily as they could a 22 year old. They hire people with economics and finance degrees to do Technical Services. I have over 7 years IT experience and I'm an RN - perfect combo for a company like Epic right? Wrong. No job offer. Like I said I am pretty sure it's because I have a wife and a life and wouldn't commit every waking hour to them. The rejection phone call was read from a script and left on my voicemail. Pretty insulting and unprofessional after dozen or so hours of hoops I jumped through for them.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2011.

Most reviews already covered the relatively intense interview process. There is an intense computer-programming test, among other tests including English grammar, etc. If you have no computer programming experience, this test will be extremely difficult. The interview process is very intense and tiring, probably representative of the job itself. It is well organized though and you meet many people working there, and get to have lunch with an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you faced someone doing something you thought was wrong, and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2010.

The phone interview was fine but as I read on several reviews that they clearly ask questions that would determine your age. The interview at Epic was LONG. The campus is amazing and there seems to be pretty awesome work perks. However, part of it almost seemed to good to be true. After a tour and a presentation, they have testing and a 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview was pretty average. The testing, however, was VERY time consuming. It took around 3 or 4 hours? I don't even remember but it seemed like HOURS! One of the tests was clearly for people who would be working actual technical jobs so I was really put off by how I should try and complete it. After reading negative reviews, the testing and the long commute, I was no longer interested in the position. There are not opportunities for promotions or changing positions. Turn around seemed insane and it doesn't seem very good with work-life balance. Also, they require transcripts so lying about your GPA is a bad idea.

Interview Questions

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!