Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

2,379 Interview Reviews

2.9

Implementation Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

Just as everyone else has mentioned. Phone interview, online personality test, flew me out to WI, gave me a one-on-one case study interview, I had to give a 10 min presentation, had a one-on-one behavioral interview with a recruiter, and a bunch of tests. Overall, I found their hiring process to be fairly ridiculous. First, I find the initial phone interviews to be a total waste of everyone's time. I was asked several questions I had already answered in my application, repetition of superficial details annoys me. The online personality test was a bunch of BS and could easily of been faked, assuming you have half of a brain. They flew me out, put me up in a hotel and bought me dinner. I opted to have dinner with an Epic employee and some other recruits. The Epic employee had zero personality, zero culture, zero style, seemed to have no idea what exactly healthcare was, immature, and well...useless. The other recruits were all still in college, immature, and fairly clueless. Not to mention had little to no personality. Also, I was annoyed at Epic's failure to pay for ancillary travel expenses (ie: airport parking). Other companies that have flown me around for interviews did just that, which is polite and the right thing to do for a poor graduate student with loans out the nose. One would make the assumption that putting recruits through this hiring process would find competent individuals capable of peddling a product in this field. However, I failed to meet a single Epic employee that would NOT be torn a new one should they be put in front of a physician. I'm not quite sure how they are in business! Anyways, I decided not to take the job. Epic does a great job of pampering their employees when they are at the "Intergalactic Headquarters," but the place just was not for me. It also seems like they constantly interview a steady stream of clueless college students who are entering the workforce yet have no intention of actually leaving their hardcore bing drinking ways for adult life.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 things that you are not?   2 Answers

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2010.

Interview

I first had a general phone interview discussing my resume. I then took a skills test. Following the skills test I took an IQ/Intelligence Test that lasted 2 hours.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in January 2010.

Interview

intense

Interview Questions

• Would you go with your guy if everyone else said something else and you were the manager?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in February 2010.

Interview

First a campus interview, then a phone interview, then they flew me in for a day to Madison. Had to give a presentation to a group, then take IQ and skills test, then some one on one interviews and a case study. Although I thought I was interviewing for a sales type of position, they gave me a programming test that I knew absolutely nothing about. The presentation, case study, and other tests went great but it went south when I interviewed with the HR woman and took the programming test. Although the company was impressive (the company campus is amazing), the company was way too informal for my liking and the position required WAY too much traveling. If you are a techie, you will probably love it but those I spoke to on the marketing side did not.

Interview Questions

• Where do you plan on being in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Are you planning to every go on for your masters?   1 Answer

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview is easy. On site is more intense, still laid back, but tests were difficult!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2010.

Interview

Had to take a 3 hour exam, 1 hour logic, 1 hour math, and 1 hour to write 5 programs by hand on paper.

Interview Questions

• writing 5 programs by hand for a tech support position.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2011.

Interview

1) Rembrandt Online Profile 2) Phone Interview 3) Skills Assessment ( About 2 hours to complete but speed and accuracy are factors ) It was my very first interview as well as the skill assessment so I was really nervous and I didn't do well. I took the skills assessment at the school career center and it was paper-and-pencil based. It took me more time to write down clearly and edit them. Even though I didn't get the job, I got good impression from interview and hiring process.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by Epic in December and was asked to submit an application for their project manager position. A month later I was given a phone interview, about two weeks later I was offered an in person interview in Madison. They flew me across the country and put me up in a nice hotel downtown covering all my expenses. The day of the interview I woke early and was taken by Cab to their headquarters, which is about 30 minutes away from downtown Madison. It began with a tour of the campus followed by a demonstration of their software after which we each began our interviews. The first interview was position specific, I cannot disclose the actual questions, but I can say you should treat the day as a marathon test but should not pose serious problems for those qualified. They followed up the first interview with a presentation to a group of young employees (most employees are young) which was basically to prove your communications skills. Lunch gave us a break followed by another round of interviews with HR, after which at the end of the day we began the exams, which last approximatively two hours. These exams make the interview process incredibly unique as after years of college and great grades (you need at least a 3.3 to even be considered) you must prove your intelligence they don't take it for granted. Finally you hand in your exam and they call you a cab. The whole day takes about 7 hours, and they say they will contact you in a week possibly two with their decision. Its been two full weeks for me and am still waiting for an answer, so don't expect a quick response they do have many, many candidates to consider.

Interview Questions

• When would you be ready to start working if offered the job?   Answer Question

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

Long and arduous process. First emails requesting resume, cover letter, 3 letters of reference. Then a phone interview. Then proctored logic and programming testing at a local Pearson testing site. Then a flight out there to interview in person. Before the flight had to fill out a 6 page application repeating everything on my resume, have a list of 3 more references, and sign a waiver allowing them to do background check, credit check, and about 4 other checks I don't even remember. The interview process consisted of a tour, then me having to do a ten minute presentation to them about anything I wanted, then talking to a current project manager, then talking to an interviewer, then doing a case study with someone else about project management, then another interview, then finally a last interview with the main recruiter, who also made me do a two minute skills test. Then I had to go to a computer lab and take about an hour long test of math and english. Then they called a cab and put me on a plane back home. The place seemed like a cool place to work, environment-wise; no cubes, everyone gets an office, beautiful campus. But they kept emphasizing that I'd have to travel 50 to 70% of the time, working 60 hour weeks when traveling, and expect to work 45-50 hour weeks when not traveling. I am a recent grad, but second career; I don't think they liked that as they knew they couldn't abuse me as easily as they could a 22 year old. They hire people with economics and finance degrees to do Technical Services. I have over 7 years IT experience and I'm an RN - perfect combo for a company like Epic right? Wrong. No job offer. Like I said I am pretty sure it's because I have a wife and a life and wouldn't commit every waking hour to them. The rejection phone call was read from a script and left on my voicemail. Pretty insulting and unprofessional after dozen or so hours of hoops I jumped through for them.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in November 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was fine but as I read on several reviews that they clearly ask questions that would determine your age. The interview at Epic was LONG. The campus is amazing and there seems to be pretty awesome work perks. However, part of it almost seemed to good to be true. After a tour and a presentation, they have testing and a 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview was pretty average. The testing, however, was VERY time consuming. It took around 3 or 4 hours? I don't even remember but it seemed like HOURS! One of the tests was clearly for people who would be working actual technical jobs so I was really put off by how I should try and complete it. After reading negative reviews, the testing and the long commute, I was no longer interested in the position. There are not opportunities for promotions or changing positions. Turn around seemed insane and it doesn't seem very good with work-life balance. Also, they require transcripts so lying about your GPA is a bad idea.