Epic Systems Corporation

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
1,564 candidate interviews

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Much as everyone else describes. Takes about a month total. Initial phone interview which doesn't seem to matter at all, as they ask the same questions at least 2 more times throughout. All day interview process where they take a group and explain what they do, then you interview with 3 different people all day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you improved an organization?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – 1. Recommended by a friend from Epic and submit my application
2. Rembrandt Profile
3. Phone Interview
4. Skills Assessment
Then I got a onsite interview in a week, hoping I got some luck there.

Interview Question – Skills Assessment   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – First interview was a series of pretty basic questions: things like "why do you want to work here?" The technical skills test was more complicated and isn't something you can really prepare for if you don't have a computer science background.

Interview Question – The skills test was most difficult, as I have no prior computer science experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Given the growth of the company in recent years, Epic's success hinges on the continued recruitment of capable project managers. As the majority are recent and relatively unproven college graduates, Epic institutes a pretty rigorous interview process, which includes a phone interview, personality survey, aptitude tests, and an all-day onsite interview. So yes, Epic takes recruitment very seriously, one upside of which is the decisiveness of the HR department - I went from phone interview to job offer in just under three weeks, and from offer to to start in two.

Interview Question – You will interview with several current employees and HR reps, most of whom just want to get to know you. There is one interview in which you simulate a project management scenario - no right or wrong answers so long as your logic is good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a college graduate with no previous experience, there was no negotiation.

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – There were a couple of initial interview phone calls, followed by a lengthy exam that was proctored at a local library. Afterward I received an invite for an on-site interview; they paid for rooms for all the interview candidates at the Hilton on Lake Monona, which was well worth the trip in and of itself. That night we broke out into smaller groups and were taken on a tour of the city and went out to dinner.

The interview was the next day and was a full day event, I had individual interviews with 6 or 7 people and had to complete another test for the Technical Writing position which was scheduled to take 3 hours. I didn't end up with an offer due to my salary requirement, which I'm sure was higher than most everyone else interviewing, since they were almost all fresh out of college.

Interview Question – I didn't expect to have a 3 hour essay assessment after a full day of interviews.   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Technical Services Engineer

Interview Details – Applied online; was contacted via email about a phone interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of typical behavioral questions. Was invited to Madison, WI for a site interview. They made me take a bunch of tests - programming, english, math. I thought the programming part was difficult. There were other face to face interviews, where you were given a scenario and had to answer how you would respond in a particular work-related situation.

Interview Question – The programming test was hard form me, because I didn't have much coding experience. I think I bombed it and didn't get an offer :-(   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – There hiring process is really fast .
they focus on how much you know about basic language mathematical operations.
I for one think took more time in solving the questions that they ask. So, keep in mind you have to answer questions as quickly as possible.

Interview Question – to write a program based on binary search.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – It started with a phone interview that seemed to more procedural rather than actually count. About a week later, I got an invitation to do the onsite interview. It was a very long process, about an entire day, and consisted of role interviews, role presentations, and a final HR wrap-up/interview. They were looking for enthusiastic people who really care about the impact and work they can do.

Interview Question – Why Epic?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – I was very pleased with the interview process. Epic handled everything through their HR and were very responsive to questions about the process. Although I did not receive an offer, I was pleased they kept me in the process as long as they did, focusing not on my GPA, which wasn't stellar, but rather on my potential from my work experience.

Team Assistant Interview

Team Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and a few days later was sent an email asking me for a phone interview. After the 30 min phone interview i got an email asking me to take 2 skills tests at a different location. They were very hard and I wasn't even offered a job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Systems Corporation

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Systems Corporation interview questions and advice. All 1,564 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epic Systems Corporation employees and interview candidates.