Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

2,259 Interview Reviews

2.9

Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

There is a written test, followed but an on-site behavioral interview. The whole thing felt relaxed. I believe that the most important part of the process was the written tests.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a colleague who is not responsive when you need help from them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted after applying on my University's job link webite and was contacted by an EPIC recruiter. I then had a initial phone interview, then was invited to have a second phone interview. I was then sent a proctored assessment that you had to schedule to take with Proctor-U. At that point I was called and told that I was potentially a good fit for two positions, the implementation consultant as well as Quality Assurance (Software Tester). They told me that they wanted to fly me out for an in person interview. The campus was AMAZING and so were the people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a 10 min. presentation on any topic I wanted to. What is your expected salary?, Why epic?, Why the health care industry?, What would your references say are your weaknesses?, Your strengths?, I also had to do a group case study and a one on one case study as well. At the end of the day I had to take another critical skills assessment test.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter for my university, and someone emailed to set up a phone interview and i had to take an assessment before and do a rembrandt profile. Did those, but probably messed up on the assessment because I did not see that one of the times was 5 min for the whole assessment and not for the page of questions. Woops.

The assessment was just learning a fake programming language and isn't hard if you have any experience with Java or related languages. Then there was a logic test and just simple long math and logic problems. They probably do put a lot of weight into the assessments, so I'm sure my mistake was costly.

Anyway, I did the interview and thought i nailed it but then after 1-2 weeks they emailed me and told me they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they had HR reach out set up a time to take an online personality test and general test. Very straightforward and not difficult but time consuming. Then a phone interview was set up where they asked basic questions. The phone interview went into details regarding the resume as well as the the background of their company but limited in that sense compared to other interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many years did you take off between high school and college if any?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

First Round: A recruiter schedules a telephonic interview with one of the team members. Its a 30 minutes interview with focus on resume and work experience. I was given a scenario and had to say which data structure should be used and why. Some technical algorithm, data structure questions.

Second Round: Coding Assessment

Unlike others I had a 2 section test. First section was technical learning which had a new language and 20 questions based on it. Second section was programming where I had 4 questions. (Questions are given below)

Before the test I had asked if there is a time limit and I was told no, but when I was doing my last question I got a pop up window saying, "you have last 15 minutes before this test ends". That was strange and surprising.

I'm still waiting on the result of the test.

Interview Questions

• 1) Form number triangle
      Given 5 -3 7 8 output should be
      5 -3 7 8
      2 4 15
      6 19

2) SMS problem

3) A company wants to give its employees a valid phone number. Find all possible numbers given conditions;
       - no two numbers are consecutive ie 0232 is valid but 0223 is not
       - if there is a 4 in the number then the first digit should also be 4
       - there are 3 excluded numbers which shouldn't be in the result but the company has not yet decided which these numbers are going to be

4) Snake sequence

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I have done with the phone interview in which they have asked about my projects from resume. I have scheduled for assessment test which is on 9th july. In that, they said there will be math, coding and some new programming language with questions on that.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to see you in the next 5 to 10 years?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

Te interview was 3 tier. I cleared the first stage, which was a basic phone interview. The interviewer was another project manager. She asked me behavioral questions. Second step was a proctored logical test. After 1 week from the test, they emailed me that they would move on with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to see yourself in 5 years? Talk about your last employment.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

telephone and next written test
    telephone interview was just the HR where in employee will be telling you about epic
    written- there are 4 sections out of which first one is speed and accuracy and this section decides the rest of the test. so please be more cautious with that

Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had my phone interview with a Technical Services employee. Also, had an online web cam programming interview. The programming portion was fairly difficult. Make sure you study your coding, preferably C++. Awaiting decision on whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Epic?   1 Answer

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

Groups of candidates ask questions to interviewer, little one on one interview time, had to give presentation on subject of my choice. Only met one person that had been with the company for more than 3 years.