Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jan 23, 2015
1,881 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Fast HR process. Got an interview a week after I submitted my resume. I was asked to make a phone interview for 30 minutes. It went poorly simply because it was my first interview and I got nervous. Talked about my experience and the guy who interviewed me introduced the company. The next day I scheduled the tedious 4-hour long online test with people watching me through the camera. I did not think it is the best first interview experience one can have.

Interview Questions
    • Need a calculator for the quick response part. I did not have one so I failed to finish all the timed math questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2015.

1) Submit online application: submit resume and transcript online
    2) Phone Screen: The interviewer will ask you non-technical questions. Be prepared for questions like Why Epic? Describe your project and what challenges did you face? What would you do differently if you had a second chance? At the end, the interviewer will allow you to ask him/her questions.
    3) Online assessment: This one is very very tiring. Be mentally prepared for 3-4 hours long online assessment proctored by ProctorU. There are four sections. 1) 2 minute math/iq test 2) math/brain teaser test 3) in this section, they teach you a new programming language (they are confusing and quite different from common languages like C, Java, C++, etc.) and you will be asked to determine the output given the syntax. 4)This one is programming test. For Com Sci major, you are expected to use C,Java, C++. For non-Com Sci, you can these languages or others like Python, Ruby, etc. (They will give you a list of program languages allowed. They recycle questions, most of which can be found in CareerCup.com)

Software Developer Interview

People there are very very nice.
    HR interview as followed;

1) where do you see your self in five years?.
    2) why do you choose epic.
    3) how do you hear about us

it takes about 30 minutes or 35 minutes maximum

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Applied through online application. A few days later, I received an email from HR. I had a conversation with an employee from the department who asked questions related to programming algorithms. A few days later, I was invited to take a test which took about 4 hours online. After that process, I was invited to fly out to Madison, WI for an on-site interview. The on-site interview was really laid back and a great experience. It consisted of a tour, an interview, and an assessment. A week later, I was offered a position.

No negotiation phase

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Hiring process for me consisted of 2 interviews. One was a 'sanity' interview where we went over my resume and talked about past projects etc. The second one was a more technical but not too difficult. It was a set of simple boilerplate questions that I would expect most people to have seen/heard in other interviews or from other interview reviews.

What I had not expected though was a written 3 hour exam. At that point, I decided not to move ahead with the process since I was not able to find the time. They were nice about it though, and kept reaching out to me for taking the test, but this wasn't the job I was aiming for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected really. The technical interviewer sounded so bored. I don't think he was trying to trip me on a question.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Initial phone interview lasted roughly 30 minutes. They asked some basic background questions and why I was interested in Epic. Where do you see yourself if 5 years? Willingness to relocate to Madison WI.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary here. It was just an initial phone interview.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2015.

Phone interview was pleasant, went through the Rembrandt Profile, and did the skills assessment last. I barely did any math in college so if you're majoring in mathematics, learning code, or just quick on your feet you'll do fine. I just finished my skills test today so I don't know what's going to happen.

Interview Questions
    • Learning code for the first time so as to know what "," means and "!", and killing a command with something that looked like " K S A=1,B=1,C=1+(A+1) K (A).   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied for this position as a Recent Grad. Got a mail from the HR asking me to submit my Transcripts so they could move forward with the recruiting process. I did so and got a mail from the HR telling me that a Phone interview was scheduled. The interview went good. Was asked about stuff I mentioned on my Resume. I was asked to schedule an online test. I am waiting to take the test.

Interview Questions
    • Be strong with the stuff you mentioned on your Resume.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Initial short phone interview, very casual. Just a chat with one of the current software developers. Then an online test which is long. It took me over two hours to finish the thing. The programming questions are a bit challenging but doable. Then an onsite interview. Onsite interview mostly asks about a past project.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The first litmus test to qualify for this position is the following:

ACT score above 30 (or SAT equivalent)
    GPA above 3.3
    good impression on first phone interview/in-person interview
    Perform well on the online test where they give you situations and ask you to prioritize in which order you would process or address things

If you meet the marks in the above you will likely get an on-site interview.

On-site they basically issue a mini-SAT test, give you a case study and ask you to make a presentation

Interview Questions
    • None, They don't care to ask the dumb and common questions, 3 strengths, 3 weakness? etc. One question that was unexpected is this:

"Name five things you are not" (can't use physical descriptors)

Answer Question