Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: lasted a half hour. The first two thirds consisted of the interviewer telling me about the position. Then he asked me maybe 5 questions and then I asked him questions. I did not get asked to an onsite interview for this position, but did get offered one for a technical services position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was very intense. I applied only and heard back for a phone interview two weeks after. After the phone interview, I was invited to complete a skills assessment two weeks later. After completing the skills assessment, within another two weeks I was invited up to interview in person. The interview was very intense - all day, which included about four different interviews and then assessments for the positions that you were interested in. I ended up not receiving the job, but did enjoy the experience of going up to see the facility (which is amazing).

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any out of the line questions - mostly relating to what you would do in certain situations or how you deal with tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, Online Logic/Aptitude Test. If you do well on those they fly you out to Madison for a day-long orientation/interview sessions. Phone interview is pretty straightforward - they ask you about things on your resume/past work experience and where you see yourself in the next 5 years. Test is logic based as well as teaching you some software language.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview consisted of phone call, digital exam (based on their software language), a battery of in-person interviews, and a presentation. All were very easy to anyone with any degree of experience interviewing for professional positions. Epic has dramatically lowered their standards for candidates. Almost everyone from my interview group got a job or internship offer, and some people were not exceedingly impressive.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict between two core members of a team?   1 Answer

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

Within a week of resume submission, I had a straightforward phone interview. Then they flew me out to Madison, WI and I had a day of multiple interviews and tours to get to know the company. I had to prepare a "creative" project and present to a panel of three interviewers. I heard back within a week on the phone that I had gotten the offer.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

There is a very simple application process online and they respond really quickly to your interview. As others have mentioned, there is a phone interview as well as a personality test and skill levels test. There isn't really a way to prepare for the programming aspect of the test, just use your reasoning.

Interview Questions

• What previous experiences of yours will help you in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Really, the interview process is very casual and comfortable. The initial phone interview is with another PM/IC. Following that are the online exams, which were difficult, but relevant to gauge your ability to reason and quantify information. But the final portion of the process was the on site interview. I drove in from my city, about three hours, and was utterly amazed at what the campus had to offer. It is beautiful, the people that work there love their jobs, and the company really spoke for itself.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Filled out "Inquiry form" on Epic website. Was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. was E-mail instructed me to complete an online personality test before. Also, required to take two tests via ProctorU before the phone interview. One was a test evaluating how quickly you could pick up on a simple software. I had no previous software experience and felt it was difficult, but doable. A second test was administered to test basic logic. Easy but timed, so make sure you pay attention to time limits! Phone interview was very simple and informative- make sure you have questions prepared to ask the project manager who will be interviewing you. Brief questions, and a run through your resume. Had the interview on a Friday and was contacted on Tuesday to set up an on-site interview, which I have early next week. Quick process if you live in the area!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why Epic? Walk me through significant parts of your resume. How much are you willing to travel.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2014.

Interview

Within a few days of applying through a reference, I was called for an initial phone interview (30 minutes). They then asked me to take an online proctored assessment, which they do take the results seriously. A few weeks later I was invited to interview and flown in for campus interview day. Full day of interviews, a 10 minute presentation, case study, tours, etc. The campus is really cool, and I heard back fairly quickly that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 things that do not describe you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Several weeks after submitting the online application, HR reached out to set up a phone interview, which ended up being mostly basic stuff with an opportunity to ask questions at the end. I heard back about a week later to set up the online testing portion, which was the same three sections that others have described. Final leg of interview process was the on-site visit, on which I toured the campus, gave a 15-minute presentation to a few staff members and had two interviews (one case-based w/ an implementer and one behavioral with HR).

Interview Questions

• **points to item on resume** -What would your supervisor on this project say were your greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question