Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

2.9

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

They have a multiple step process including: Phone interview, online assessment, and on-site interview. The phone interview is pretty straightforward - they will tell you about the company and their role (they will have someone from the function you applied for call you, not someone from HR). They will ask you about relevant experience, and give you a chance to talk about yourself. They give you plenty of time to ask any questions that you may have, so be sure to have some prepared. They will also ask about other positions that you may be interested in and when you go to interview on site you will interview with people relevant to those positions.

The online assessment is position specific, but everyone gets a computerscience/coding section. I also had a speed math section, a problem solving math section (more standardized test like, but nothing above algebra), and a grammar section. You will have an online proctor via a webcam, so be sure to be in an appropriate place.

If you get invited on site, they actually spend a good amount of time selling the company to you. You will get the chance to speak with several different people relevant to your possible position(s), not all of which are really interviews. Most of the people you talk to are not HR, but people who work in your possible function or related who do interviews/show you around. I had two presentations, one long and one short. The instructions said not to allow time for questions at the end because they would ask questions as you moved along, but I did not get asked a single question until the end of my presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Short Presentation: 2 minutes to explain how to do an everyday task.   Answer Question

Technical Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2012.

Began with a basic phone screening to go over details from my application with someone with HR, which led to them asking if I'd be interested in interviewing for a different position as well. This was followed by another phone interview with someone in the role I had applied for with pretty standard questions about my background, what I'm looking for, why I think I'd be a good fit, etc. After this I went for a 10 hour day on campus which involved meeting with several people both individually and in small groups, as well as several hours of testing on logic, verbal skills, and programming. After that I received an offer and had a follow-up call with someone on the team I'd actually be working on. The whole process from application to signing my offer was about 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed 'what would you do?' case scenario questions using Epic internal language that seemed to be looking for a specific answer, but the interviewer would not answer any questions for background info or context.   Answer Question

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

I was emailed by who worked at Epic suggesting that I apply to work there after graduation. I applied, had a casual phone interview, took a three hour long test, and went to Epic for an on site interview. The on site interview was pretty casual and everyone was nice. I received a phone call two weeks later telling me that I did not get the job.

Technical Support Interview

Day long interview with several meetings, a grammar test, and lunch at the on site cafeteria. Very efficient, planned out schedule for the day. They interview many, many people regularly. Questions were normal interview type questions. Five year plan, how would you respond if a coworker was repeatedly asking for help on the same problem. Most people were overdressed, though they encourage a very casual dress code.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2014.

There were three rounds: phone interview, then multi-part exam (including personality test) and finally an on-site interview. The phone interview was standard - I talked to an employee about her experiences and she asked me about my background. The exam had covered everything from math problems to logic problems to a programming section. Finally, the on-site interview lasted all day. Unfortunately, I was feeling ill and so I didn't really enjoy any part of it. The campus is beautiful and everyone there was really nice. It seems like a fun place to work.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a multi-part scenario and asked to reason your way through it.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

starts with a review of resume, request for your ACT/SAT score. Next level a few online tests, personality test, math, reading, writing, problem solving, coding if applicable, and your ability to learn a new topic. Next is a phone interview or two depending on role. Then if able, you attend an in person interview, with them paying for the expense, flights, food etc.

negotiation is not probable

Reporting Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2013.

The interview process took a while, but partially because I was still in college while partaking in it. I applied for essentially anything software related, and after gathering information about me through the interviews and my coding test they gave me two options: Reporting Engineer and Integrated Engineer. The first interview was over the phone with an HR person, and the second phone interview was with a Software Developer. Next I had a written coding test that I was able to take on campus. Next I went to a day-long event at Epic that consisted of information sessions, a tour, a basic reading and problem solving test, and multiple interviews. Once that was complete I heard back in about a week with a very competitive offer.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think anything was very difficult. The coding test was fairly straightforward and you are able to choose any language you wish. The worst thing about it is that you are just using a text editor, and are unable to check syntax or find stupid errors. However they seem to grade this leniently in that regard. All the interviewers were very nice and as long as you are somewhat prepared it is not difficult.   Answer Question

I had two other offers. Epic offered the highest salary and best benefits, but what I heard about the company and working experience turned me away. Either employees love it or hate it, and most developers work very long hours and are encouraged to spend as much time on campus as possible. I heard it can be difficult to balance work and a social life. The company I interned with over the summer gave me an offer so I took that instead.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2014.

I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview. The phone interviewer asked random and weird questions like my SAT and GRE scores. I was then told I was going to take a skills assessment, which involved an analytical section and coding sections.

Interview Questions
    • You were painting the outside of a house. After you finished, you realized you forgot something, of which you needed 600. You went to the hardware store to pick up these three things. What are they?   View Answer

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

I applied online and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty low-stress, mostly verifying info from your app and basic questions. Then I was invited to complete the online assessment which was longer and more involved than I had expected. I was just recently invited to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • The programming section in the online skills assessment are tricky.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Online application didn't take very long, and the phone interview was low-stress. The interviewer was very friendly and informative; she was a technical writer and therefore able to provide specific details with regards to what the job entails. I was then required to take an online assessment, at which point your overall application is evaluated before Epic decides whether or not to extend an offer for an in-person interview at their campus.