Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jan 23, 2015
1,873 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The application process was very streamlined and Epic HR are very good about maintaining communication. There are three stages: Phone Interview, Online Skills Assessment, and On-Site Interview.

Phone Interview: The first part of the application process. Basically a ~30minute phone call with an Epic engineer talking about some of your previous experience, some code you've worked on and projects you've done, and interest in Epic.

Skills Assessment: ~3 hour online skills assessment in which your mathematical and programming skills are tested. The test is proctored digitally so that you may only use what you already know, and any code written (any language) must be from your head and not from API or online code examples. The programming, which is by far the hardest section (math was very SAT-like, straightforward), has 4 open ended programming assignments that must be completed. Several of the questions had to do with string manipulation. Very little data structures knowledge was needed to complete the assessment, though recursion was useful.

On-Site: Epic flies you out, dines you, and gives you a tour of the (incredible) campus. Most parts of the on-site interview are pretty stress-free, a lot of it involves speaking with various employees and engineers. Two "tests" of the interview include a 30 minute presentation of a previous project you've worked on to an engineer as well as answering some of his questions, as well as a short HR oriented talk.

Interview Questions
    • A man has just finished painting his house, and goes to the store to buy something to complete the job. He asks the employee how much one costs, and the employee responds with, "$3." The man says, "Okay, I need 600," and hands the employee $9. What did he buy?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Very informal phone interview screening process and 3 assessment tests (math, verbal, programming) that you can take in your area or after being invited to visit their campus, on-site. If invited, day long campus interview with many different recruiters, tour of the facilities, intro to the software, etc. Good experience

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a programming assessment test, not sure how much it weighs into QA role   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied through their website with a basic application. Took me about 5 minutes to fill it out. No cover letter required. Then I heard back from them in a day or two that they were interested in me. They had me schedule an online assessment (math, read comprehension, brain teasers, SAT-like but trickier) and a phone interview. Phone interview was really easy but the online assessment was pretty difficult and I didn't expect that. I thought the assessment was just to make sure you had a pulse and knew 2+2 = 4 but I think they actually put a decent amount of stock in how well you do on it.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (phone interview)   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

very friendly process and very accommodating throughout the process. process started with a 20 minute phone screen followed by the online skills assessment. last was the on site interview - only about 1/3 of the day was spent "interviewing" the other parts were more of a tour

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

introduction phone call whee they discuss about your resume ask a simple technical question then give you link for proctored online assessment which had 4 parts , technical questions was very difficult to solve at first glance.

Software Development Interview

Submitted application through the website, got an interview offer within a week. The phone interview was with a full time developer and was probably for culture/personality fit. He asked me to talk about a project I did in the past, problems I ran into, what I learned, etc. Then he gave me time to ask any questions I had. Second part of the interview was an online test with multiple parts (some math/logic, puzzles, coding, personality test). This was scheduled separately from the phone interview and did not have a time limit.

Interview Questions
    • (given a made-up programming language and list of rules/functions)
      What does (combination of functions&variables) output?

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview process was quick and well-managed. Phone screen, online exam, on-site. Phone screen and skills assessment were slightly tricky; on-site was fairly easy. University recruiters were prompt, organized, and mostly respectful, if not a little pushy.

I didn't try. I just needed an internship. Was offered an acceptable salary.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

The initial interview is with a current Project Manager at Epic. The interview consists of behavioral questions, simple "get to know you questions," and the current project manager discussing more specific details about the job. The interview is very laid back. The second part of the interview consists of taking four online tests. These include a math section, and english section, a "speed" section (answer as many questions as you can in 2 minutes), and a basic computer programming section. Many of the other descriptions on here discuss the test in length. Look at those. I am still waiting to see if I go to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about the test are already on here so take a look at those.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I first discovered Epic through my university's career services page, but the listing suggested I apply through the Epic website itself for faster consideration. I applied on a Saturday night and was contacted by a member of HR Monday evening. The email contained instructions for setting up a phone interview, Rembrandt personality test, and a skills assessment, suggesting that all three be completed within 5 days.

Rembrandt personality test: (approximately 20-30 minutes) contained one question type that listed a statement where you were then asked to rate whether you agreed, somewhat agreed, somewhat disagreed, or disagreed with it; another question type listed a series of four varying statements and you had to rank all of them from most similar-least similar to you.

Phone interview: (approximately 20-30 minutes) I was paired with a current PM. We first went over some logistical questions where she asked me to confirm some of my credentials, whether I would be willing to relocate, if I started college immediately out of high school... We then went on to questions concerning my interests and experiences. I was asked how I heard about the job, what I liked most about the job, where I saw myself in 5 years, and we also went in depth into 2 of my experiences (what was the most fulfilling part and most challenging part). This was a very quick interview with all of the remaining time left for me to ask questions.

Skills assessment: (approximately 2 hours) The skills assessment is administered through a third party called ProctorU. The entire process only took about 2 hours for me, with the first half hour just waiting for my proctor to appear and set everything up on my computer. There is a 2 minute speed capacity test to start where you try to answer as many of the 10 questions as possible. The verbal section contained some logic problems, grammar corrections, and analogies. The math section contained brain teasers and logic problems. Finally, the programming section. A lot of the reviews online suggested that I would actually have to pseudocode, but instead the section consisted of multiple choice questions that progressively built on each other. Each question would give a brief overview of some programming concept and then ask that you apply it (though the applications were much more difficult than the examples they provided). I agree that previous experience would be beneficial during this section, but it progresses in such a way that even someone with zero experience could pick up the pseudocode language and be able to think through the problems. I definitely had some trouble at the end, but a lot of it was second guessing myself.

I haven't heard back from HR yet on my next step, but it has been a very streamlined process thus far and not as intimidating as you would expect!

Interview Questions
    • Honestly the grammar section made me second guess myself the most. It was very similar to the SAT/ACT though, so if you are feeling rusty like me practice questions would be helpful.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2015.

Starts off with an online application (with resume, transcripts). About a week later, I got an invite to do a phone interview which took about 30 minutes, in my case there were some general questions along with some case questions. In addition, you will be asked to take a proctored exam (about 2-3hours) which includes 4 portions, a math, speed, logic, and programming section. After the interview and the assessment, I received an email letting me know that I was invited to Madison for an expense paid onsite interview. Haven't completed that portion yet, but will do so in a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The programming section of the proctored exams had a few tough questions.   Answer Question