Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
2,061 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

1. Phone call with a developer, casual conversation about previous projects, why Epic
    2. Online exam including 2 min math section, coding portion, new language multiple choice, math/logic portion. This was proctored by a third party so no internet access or notes.

Everything is relative easy besides the coding section, thought they recycle questions often so search and practice. Also apply in the Fall, as they are much more lenient in their requirements for interns and end up filling most of their positions.

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied online. Got a mail in a week for a phone interview. I scheduled it and got a call as per the timing. The interview was for about 40mins. Went really well. The Epic Software Developer was pleasant , understanding and really patient. He asked me about my resume, projects and one tech questions. He helped me through it as well. Over all really liked the company as he told me a lot about it. Waiting to take the online test, which I hear is really hard to crack. So have to work extra hard on the preparation!

Interview Questions
    • We have n patients, m indicators. Patients are diabetics and they have many indicators which tell that they are specific to being a diabetic. Develop an algorithm to find the top five indicators common among all patients?   View Answer
    • What extra feature does your project work for? Like image files or videos?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The interview process consists of 3 rounds. First HR round, Assessment (4 hr) and last is onsite .
    First round is chat with software engineer at epic. Assessment contains 4 parts i.e quant section , sprint section in which you have to answer 10 questions in 2 mins. a new language learning section which was exhaustive.

Interview Questions
    • in assessment technical part :- questions were on permutations and combination , matrices   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

After submitted a transcript of undergraduate course, I got the Phone Interview. After the phone interview, I have an online assessment. Now, I am waiting for the result of OA.

Interview Questions
    • Why epic?Why cs? Describe a project. A technical question: a square maze, a robot at the start, how to find the way out? Follow up, if you know the maze structure, how to store the maze? Follow up, how to find the shortest way out of the maze   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

It is a phone interview. The first 1/3 is about me and my resume. The next 1/3 is about TS and HR's experience at Epic. The last part is about me asking questions. HR really expects my questions, so it is important to have some interesting things about Epic in your mind.

Interview Questions
    • What factors are important in terms of choosing all your offers?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Applying during on campus job fair. 2 weeks later, i got an email to schedule phone screen. After that, they asked me to schedule test. The technical online assessment is proctored, and someone gonna look at your from afar. Haven't heard back from them.

Software Engineer Interview

Half hour phone interview talking about my previous projects. And then a online assessment about math, programming, logical area. Some advice to interviewers is be prepare with Dynamic programming which is useful.

Software Developer Interview

Phone interview from a programmer (Bob) in Wisconsin . Few simple behaviour questions and focus on Tech questions. No requirement of specific language( I picked SQL and python), but general questions about algorithm, like selection, ordering, sorting, and etc. They care about your approach to a problem instead of coding skill.
    Then further online assessment will ask 3 ( or 4) questions for specific coding.

Interview Questions
    • How to develop an algorithm to connect tables (health data) by primary key?
      What is the complexity of your algorithm?

Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied through their website after seeing their software being used in a hospital. They responded with a behavioral test and a proctored online test, which was broken up into sections. They also scheduled a phone interview.

After the tests and the interview, they informed me that they were considering me for a different role (I had originally applied to be a Project Manager). I sent in another application, and they scheduled an on-site interview.

They took care of the flights and lodgings, and I met some other applicants at the hotel. We went to dinner with a current employee, which was very relaxed and fun. The next day, I went out at the scheduled time to the actual campus, which was about 20 minutes out of Madison. We had a quick introduction and presentation about Epic, then we went to talk to a current Technical Services person about the position. Next, I had a "case study" about customer service and prioritizing urgent issues. Then, we went to lunch in their cafeteria and went on a tour of some of the campus (it's huge, and they're continuously expanding). After the tour I had an interview with an HR representative. Lastly, I had a programming assessment. I am not a programmer, so this was somewhat difficult for me, but it was not timed and you could just write pseudocode. It was not multiple choice like the proctored exam.

Still waiting to hear about an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are the things about this position that you see as positive? What are the things about this position that you see as negative?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Submitted my resume after a recruiter contacted me. A few days later I was asked to schedule a 30 minute phone interview and complete a skills assessment and Rembrandt Profile. The skills assessment was interesting, to say the least. It had four sections: math, grammar, programming, and a 2-minute timed test. It was proctored online via webcam which made it a little awkward. The fake programming part was the hardest for sure. Don't forget you can use a calculator! I made that mistake for the 2-minute part. Phone interview was pretty chill, but I was really nervous so I don't know how it went. I'm still waiting to hear back about whether I will move on. HR emailed me the day after my phone call and said it would take about 1 to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Why Epic?
      Walk me through your resume.
      How much are you willing to travel?
      Are there other positions that you would be interested in?

Answer Question