Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

2,324 Interview Reviews

2.9

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

The Epic recruiter reaches out to you and invites you to apply. Then you submit a resume. After submitting a resume, they send you links to take a personality assessment, web proctored GRE-like test & programing test. Next, you speak with a Trainer/Project manager for a screening. They say that you can't prepare for this exam, but you can! To ace the programming portion, take Fundamentals of C# for free at Microsoft's virtual academy. To pass their web-proctoered exam, get a GRE quantitative study book or look at practice problems. Also study "modus tollens and ponens" like problems; there are a lot of those on their assessment. Unless, you are a super genius, I really wouldn't waste the energy and time applying; they seem to be just building a database of qualified candidates for use one day. FYI, the web-proctored exam is a total violation of privacy of your computer and the place you choose to take the test.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your experiences at [job on your resume] that are applicable to the training position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Did you go fright from high-school to college or did you take time off to get professional work experience?   Answer Question
    • Why do you choose Epic?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to move to Madison?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2015.

Interview

Got a call for a phone interview. You get to talk with a Software Developer, who asks you questions about your background and experience. You also get a brief overview of the company and the position. After the phone screen, there was an online assessment test on ProctorU. It had 2 sections. In the first section, they introduce a new programming language to you and you have to answer questions based on that. They check, how fast you grasp new concepts in this section. And, in the second section you have to solve 4 out of the book programming problems.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Epic ? 2. Explain any one of your project. 3. Where do you see yourself in five years ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter at Epic. Then received a phone interview call which lasted for 40 mins approximately. Then got an email from recruiter to schedule an online assessment. Then got an onsite interview invitation. Waiting for results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Cool interview process, once you get an onsite interview call, usually they will hire you. Typically takes around 1 month to complete the whole process. It begins with a phone interview, then usually followed by a 3-4 hour technical assessment, and then followed by onsite call.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself after 5 years?   1 Answer

TS and PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone conversation with someone in the job. Awkward with standard questions, what you want, about your experience, what will make you chose or not choose the job. Then online assessment. coding assessment and then an evaluation of your ability to learn and comprehend. Onsite interview with the team. perform a practice scenario get a tour. Learn about the company and their software.

Interview Questions

• What will you base your decision on if you will accept the job.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Applied online through my university's career website. Received an email the following day asking for my availability for a phone interview with a current employee. The phone interview took place the following week and was pretty laid back. You get a chance to ask questions about the job and the employee tells you about the company and the job. The employee also goes over your resume and asks you questions about your past projects. A few days later I received an invitation to take the online assessment. I set up the date and took the exam. It is long and some questions are not easy. The first part of the exam deals with a fake new programming language. You are told the rules and then they ask you questions about it. The sexond part was long. I was given three or four problems and I had to write a code to solve them. Here they aren't testing you about the programming language but about your thought process. Make sure to add notes and explain yourself. I should have done this and perhaps would have moved on the the next level. Even though I did not get an offer I really woud like to work for this company. It seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

First part is an online application, followed by an online test. If they like you, they fly you out for an onsite interview. The online test is brutal, and you will feel like you did horribly, but I got an interview after that anyway and got to fly out. Still waiting to hear back.

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

First watch a powerpoint about epic, their benefits, their business model. Then taken to a group interview and asked to QA a certain object. (In my case, it was a pen). Then a 1-1 interview and asked to prioritize a list of things to do. Then a final checkup with the recruiter.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

First is a phone interview about your previous projects, internship, experience. Nothing hard or tricky just say what you have done before. Second part is an online exam comprised of four parts: coding, math, quick thinking test, learning a new pseudo programming language. The math part has some tricky questions. I only got up to the second part. Exam was tough. I wrote my code in C++ but I do not have the useful libraries memorized so it ended up looking more like pseudo code.

Interview Questions

• Write a code to determine if there is a winner in the game of checkers.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Had an interview call that lasted about 45 minutes. Then a test online that required basic math. From there they talked about what they do as well as the course that they will take you through. Asked questions about their transition from developer to instructor