Epic Systems Corporation

Average Difficulty
1,572 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – went through it pretty quickly, got back to me within several days of reviewing resume , phone interview is fine, assessment is weird, the recruiters aren't very good at responding to emails

Interview Question – nothing, just had to go through resume   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Athens, GA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details – I got phone interview first. Two technical questions. One is about java and another is algorithm. The rest questions are behavior questions and talked about one of my past project. Then I have my online assessment

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – I'm still going through the various phases of the interview process, but thus far, I've completed the phone interview and have moved on to the next step, which is the logic and skills testing. The phone interview was very straightforward and extremely easy. They simply asked to verify the information you submitted in your application. Then, they just told you about their job and asked why you wanted to work for epic. I would suggest having a few questions ready to ask them, just to let them know you've done your research and are interested in the job.

Interview Question – There was really no difficult of unexpected question in the phone interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm not done with the process yet, but I got past the phone interview phase.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

EDI Interview

EDI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – This will take 4 weeks. First week is a phone interview with HR. 2nd week will be a technical written exam which will be sent to a facility which you will go to. 3rd week you will be asked to visit the site and give written exams and interview. 4th week will be an offer letter.

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance
Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Interesting, they let you check some of their code and asked a couple problem solving questions in addition to the behavioral questions. They mostly recruit directly out of college, looking for new hires they can mold in their mindset and system. You will speak with an HR person on the phone first, then have a phone interview with an employee in the department to which you applied

Interview Question – They had a coding challenge to see if you can get a hang of their system   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – The phone interview which is just an overview of the company. You talk a little about your resume but it's mostly information to see if you're interested in the company or not. Then there's the personality test and competency tests. The competency tests are solely based on speed and accuracy. They aren't difficult but I didn't called back to the next round because of them.

Interview Question – There are five and one of the tests is related to how quickly you can pick up computer programming. Having no experience, I tried to be as logically consistent with my answers as possible.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – I applied online in April 2012 at this company before graduating college because I was unsure of what I wanted to do. I submitted my application and within a few days heard from someone in HR. There was an initial phone interview, and then within a week or two, they had me lined up to fly to Madison for an in-person interview. Their campus was beautiful, and it was a fun day full of interviews with multiple people in multiple situations. I took a test (must have been math of some sort?) in one of their testing labs. I gave a 10 minute presentation over something that interested me. However, by the end of the day, I could tell that this was not the company I wanted to work for and not the job I desired to do.

Interview Question – Nothing overly difficult--very similar to other technical interviews I have had.   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, spoke to a recruiter, completed a phone screen, and flew out to Madison for the interview day. I ended up interviewing for three positions (I only applied for one) and spent the day speaking to recruiters and other staff, giving a presentation, and completing a few assessments. Within one week I received an offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details – First is a straightforward phone interview. Then the most difficult part of the whole process is the online test. They are complete problem solving questions along with a few grammar questions. The programming part was difficult for me having no experience in the area, but that wasn't necessary for this position.

Interview Question – What would your reference say your strength and weakness is.
5 things you are not.
Asked how you would deal with certain situations with coworkers.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate, was happy with the offer.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got an internal referral, so I think that helped cut down the interview process. After talking with people on the phone twice, they had me take a long (2-3 hrs), proctored exam. They do this through a service that allows someone to watch you through your webcam for the duration of the exam. It's rather weird. There were math, logic, and programming questions, broken up into sections.

The math section was pretty easy math, but there was time pressure.

The logic questions were kind of weird and for some it seemed like you'd do well to have seen it before. There were a fair number of puzzles like "A frog is at the bottom of a 10 ft. well and wants to get out. Each jump, he jumps up 2 feet and slides back down 1. How many jumps does it take to get out?" (The answer is 9 - once he's at the top of the well, he doesn't slide back down 1 ft.). There were also questions like:

You see a test question, but the question has been smudged and all you can read are the possible answers. Which is the correct answer?
A: all of the below
B: none of the below
C: all of the above
D: one of the above
E: none of the above
F: none of the above

The programming section does not test your knowledge of languages, just of basic ideas and developing solutions. I don't remember the questions I was asked, but you should be able to sort and search through lists, and know about some basic data structures like maps. I wrote all of mine in pseudocode and that was apparently fine.

If you pass the exam, they take you to campus, where at least 2 people interview you. One asks you to talk about a large project you have worked on, what challenges you ran into, and how you solved them. The 2nd one they give you a problem and have you discuss it for them so that they can see how you think. I was asked the following: "Sometimes doctors will run into a patient with something that they can't diagnose because it's rare or they haven't seen it before. We have a database of all of the problems patients have and what diagnosis their doctor associated with it. What would we need to do to be able to put this doctor in touch with another doctor who has worked with patients who likely have the same root cause?" They want you to keep in mind things like how to get user input, how to deal with not everyone having exactly the same problems, how to search for matches, and everything else you could possibly think of. They don't expect a complete solution.

Following this, they'll let you meet some people from the company and go on a tour of the campus. The campus is beautiful. Keep in mind that the people you talk to may not reflect everyone's experience at the company - I asked someone about how many hours a week they worked and was told that people rarely work more than 40, but since being here, I don't think I have ever worked fewer than 45.

They also have you do some sort of personality test. I'm not sure how relevant this is to the hiring process as opposed to placing you after you've been hired.

Interview Question – "Sometimes doctors will run into a patient with something that they can't diagnose because it's rare or they haven't seen it before. We have a database of all of the problems patients have and what diagnosis their doctor associated with it. What would we need to do to be able to put this doctor in touch with another doctor who has worked with patients who likely have the same root cause?"

Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They refused to negotiate about anything. In response to asking for slightly more vacation days, I was told that I could take unpaid leave if I wanted days off.