Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
1,674 Interview Reviews

2.9

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

I was emailed by who worked at Epic suggesting that I apply to work there after graduation. I applied, had a casual phone interview, took a three hour long test, and went to Epic for an on site interview. The on site interview was pretty casual and everyone was nice. I received a phone call two weeks later telling me that I did not get the job.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

Got an email from an HR guy saying that he is pleased to schedule a phone interview ( ThursdayI) I took a short assessment and waited for my phone interview. Right before the interview I took the Long 2 hour proctored assessment over that weekend. It was a horrible experience. I started with one proctor and got handed down by like 5 of them, none of whom were answering questions I had.
    Then I got interviewed by a fellow Project Manager on Monday.( non managerial position). Which I felt went quite nice. On Tuesday, I get an email from a different HR, that I never spoke to again that i am no longer considered for the position.
    I was shocked at how they manhandled me from one HR to another. Very impersonal. Very cold and though.
    This was the company I wanted to work for, for a long time and was willing to leave everything behind and move there.
    They judge you based on your 2 assessment, that resembles GRE/GMAT. It also has brutal programming section, which is very very rough!

I am an honor student from one of the top universities, however I am a horrible test taker, and they overlook the fact that someone could be amazing at what they do simply because they do not have test taking skills. Very very SAD!!!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

I had a phone interview with them. During the interview, I was asked one technical question only. However, for that question, the interviewer kept giving me "what if"s. When I figured out a way to solve the problem with the given conditions, he adds some more conditions to the problem. Other than that, it's mainly casual questions and introduction about their company.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

Phone screening first and then the online assessment. The online assessment has 4 parts: speed, coding, learn a new language "M" and math. The speed test is 2 minutes and very fast. The new language part has about 20 questions. The coding part has 4 questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

after the University Recruitment, there will be a hr officer inform you of a Phone interview, and a Technical test with a proctor. then I need to submit my transcript(unofficial is ok). The hr officer will say that he will contact you in a week or two. I am still waiting for the result.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

The interview take 2 weeks. I apply in university career fair. They gave me a phone interview and an online assessment. In phone interview they ask me basic information like when graduation, whether willing to work in WI, and career plans, experience in resume. In the ending they ask me a small algorithm question, the anagram problem that in leetcode, i's easy but i did bad.

The online assessment is challenging. it test your response, skill to learn new things, and programming skills. Practice algorithm and programming exercises before the test! There are 4 programming problem. I only solve 2.

After two weeks, HR told me I was rejected. TOT.

Interview Questions
    • A number is decomposed into digits (one or more in group), if the sequence of the new numbers are Fibonacci numbers, this number will be called "additive number". For example, "1123" can be divided into 1,1,2,3; "12122436" can be divided into 12,12,24,36. so 1123 and 12122436 is called "additive number". write an algorithm to test whether the input number is "additive number".   Answer Question

Windows Integration Support Client Systems Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

I applied through college/university and was contacted within a week to apply on their website. After the application process, I was contacted within a week by HR to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple, more of conversation on your interests and whether they align with the positions they are looking to fill. The interviewer is a department employee that gives you an overview of the company and answers any questions. I think if they feel that you will be a fit for the position they pass their recommendation to HR and you will be contacted to do a personality and technical assessment test.

I thought the assessment test was challenging, mainly the programming problems and a learning scenario where you learn a programming language and answer questions. Just like others who have complained, I didn't feel that this portion of the test applied to the job role I was applying for. The word and math portion was easy, but it was time based so it tested for accuracy and speed.

After the assessment, I didn't hear back. I received an offer from another company, but I wanted to work for Epic so I contacted them to see if they made a decision. They told me that a recruiter will review and get back to me within a business day. I did appreciate getting the response within the next day even though there was no offer.

Software Developer Interview

I only got the first round interview, which is phone interview and an online assessment. In phone interview I was asked to talk about some projects I did. Then he asked me a open mind question to design an application. The phone interview is not big deal. The important point is the online assessment. It's said to take 2 to 3 hours to finish it. There are four parts in the test: 10 questions in 2 minutes, math & logic, learn a programming language I've never known, and coding problems. I finished the test in one and a half hours because it's quite simple to me. But I got a rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions could be found at careercup. No difficult question.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by HR within a week. The first step is a phone interview, I just was asked to talk about my resume. Specifically they were interested in a project I had completed and the way I balanced the group dynamics in my work environment. The phone interview included one technical question. It wasn't very stressful, the interviewer was quite friendly.

The next part of the interview process is an online assessment. It has four parts speed, math, picking up a made up computer language, and coding. The speed part is only two minutes long and consists of quick math questions. The other 3 sections don't have time limits, but you are scored on speed and correctness. The math section is pretty straight forward arithmetic, algebra, recognizing sequences of numbers, and a few riddles. The section where you learn a new language(M) is a logic test. The coding section has 4 different tasks to code. They give a list of languages they want you to code in, but also say its fine to use pseudo code. The list of languages included c++ and python. One task involved writing a program that given someones weight could match it with a set of weights using the smallest number of weights. Another one consisted of scoring a game board(like a large version of tic-tac-toe) given a set of rules.

Interview Questions
    • An apple is $0.40, a banana is $0.60, and a grapefruit is $0.80. How much does a pear cost?   View Answer

Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied for the position at career fair, which was the same as applying online except they also took my resume. I was contacted to schedule a behavioral interview and interviewed with someone who was currently working in technical services. It felt like it was one of her first interviews because there was a lot of awkward pauses. Afterwards, I was contacted to take assessments which were pretty long and were proctored online which I felt were very unnecessary. A couple weeks after taking the assessments, I was notified I was not moving on to the final round. There are other mentions of this on here, but I do have the impression that your performance on the assessments is the number one factor on whether or not you will move forward.