Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Dec 21, 2014
1,811 Interview Reviews

2.9

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone Interview was easy and basic. However, instead of an HR rep, it was someone who had the position I was applying for. He was NOT helpful in the slightest, all of my questions went unanswered because he wasn't "privy" to any HR information. They also focus a lot on GPA. The tests that they give you were unnecessarily difficult, and very creepily proctored. They stopped my test multiple times because my dog was making noise and they wanted to be sure no one was in the room helping me cheat. Seriously though, those tests were INSANELY stressful. Binary, and software coding questions even though I was not applying for nor have I had ANY experience in software engineering. Very intense, very stressful.

Interview Questions
    • If an apple is 40 cents and a orange is 60 cents and a banana is 80 cents, how much would a pear cost?   View Answer

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Talked to some reps at a university career fair, and applied for the position based on my conversation with them. After an initial phone interview, I had to take a skills exam that was about 2.5 hours long. I was later asked to interview on-site and it really didn't feel like an interview at all, but I thoroughly enjoyed my visit!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Once you apply online, they schedule a phone interview with you. The interview is mostly informal but they also ask you a couple of technical questions. The guy I talked to was very friendly. On the side, you are also required to take a quantitative assessment test which lasts for a couple of hours.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Got a phone interview first. Very easy, most parts are regarding on behavioral questions. Only one technical question on A* algorithm. Not ask for code. just talk about A* algorithm and how it works. Ask about if there is no results, what A* would deal with. Then on-line assessment. I took 3 hours. I thought I did not bad, but just no pass.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment is not hard. But I just spent too much time on it. One is on sorting, one is on BFS, and one is on combination set. The math and logic problems are ridiculous to me.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First Round..phone interview, Interviewer called me at the scheduled time and introduced about the company, then lot of general conversation about how did you hear about us , why do you want to be as software developer, technologies you want to work on and ended with technical question

Interview Questions
    • Technical Question at the end of the interview asking ideas about implementing it   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

First step is casual phone screen with a developer at Epic. Next step is an extensive online technical questionnaire that took nearly 4 hours to complete. I didn't advance beyond this round, although from what I'm reading of the other interview experiences it seems that onsites are right after. Quite surprising because companies usually have more rounds of off-site interviews, and usually not administered by a computer.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied online. The whole process took about a little over a month. First I had a Phone interview then a series of 4 tests online. Those were a little difficult. I then went for an on site interview. That was actually kind of fun to do. Still waiting to hear back from them on the status of that.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

After submitting my resume I took a personality test and a different exam and a phone interview. I would recommend taking a basic programming class for the exam because I found it difficult without any programming experience.

Technical Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

It begins with signing up for an application. Then a phone interview that is just basic question about your resume and what you want to do. Next is an online proctored exam (math, reading, logic, programming skills). There is no studying needed, you just need to have good logic. There is also a personality questionnaire. If they move you on to your 2nd round, they fly you out and set up hotel for you. Very convenient. You can set up to have a dinner with an epic employee if you like. During the day of the interview, you get taxi to the company for an overview of the epic application, and the job. The first interview portion is going through a case study of problems that you might face as TS. This is really about how you are going to deal with clients and tasks that you have. Then a tour and another interview with HR. This interview is more behavior based. Last it ends with a coding assessment test. it is short and it can be pseudocode.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that someone would say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I originally applied to a few other positions but was funneled into this position by HR there. After submitting basic info and resume online, I was asked for my transcript and then invited to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to take the skills assessment, which included a programming section, and I have no programming background. I had heard that they hire people with no programming background under the assumption that they will be taught that, but it is very helpful to have some knowledge of it going in. I completed this portion of the exam in a mix of basic Java, Tcl, and pseudocode. Following this, I was told I would hear back in 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If someone is building a house, and needs something that costs $1 each, goes to the store and says I need 600, here is $3, what did he or she buy (free response)   View Answer