Epic Systems Corporation

Average Difficulty
1,575 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of multiple stages:

The first stage was a semi-technical interview with a developer. The developer went over my resume, we talked about projects I had listed, and he asked a conceptual question about how I would design a game.

The second stage consisted of the infamous 3 hour long online exam. Many other posters have already mentioned the layout so you can look for those posts elsewhere. As far as the programming portion is concerned, careercup has a lot of great examples. I would recommend running through problems on careercup to get a feel for the programming problem.

The third stage was the on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted primarily of tours and Q&A sessions with different developers working on different projects. However there are two interview sessions: the first is a case study. The case study presents a problem that Epic may have encountered many years ago and your job is to figure out as best as possible how to implement a solution for that problem. The second interview session is basically a conversation between you and developer about a project you worked on. The developer will ask you a series of questions regarding how or why you chose to implement things the way you did. Both sessions are straight forward if you have a good understanding of how to tackle conceptual problems and a firm grasp of whatever project you worked on.

Overall, one of the better interview processes I have had. EPIC has a lot of money which translates nicely when it comes to the interviewing process. Everything was taken for care for me as smoothly as possible. I also had other pending offers at the time and HR did a wonderful job getting back to me in a timely manner.

Interview Question – None. The questions are, for the most part, straight forward. Once again, doing problems on careercup will help you far more than this post can.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. I had offers at the time and basically told them straight up what I was expecting for a minimum. HR person smiled and said, 'we definitely pay more than that.'

Client Services Interview

Client Services
Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details – After completion of an online personality test, I was offered an interview. Apparently, many don't make it to the interview stage so I still felt I had a chance. The interview was done in a group fashion, it included some computerized testing, an introduction to the company and the amazing property, and finally a one to one interview with a human resources rep.

Interview Question – I was not expecting to be tested on computer programing, when the position I had applied for was entry level and didn't include programing. It was a bit unnerving, but similar to the personality test I just went through it and got it over with.   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – First a phone interview about your experience and a technical question( no coding involved). Then follows a 4-session skill assessment including math, intelligence, language studying and coding. Finally comes a on-site interview

Interview Question – Brain teasers are tricky.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Month out to interview you're contacted, then a series of online assessments, then they fly you out to Madison, WI where you spend all day intervewing with a variety of people including a series of tests and a presentation.

Interview Question – Mainly the programming tests   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Research and Development
Madison, WI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – First, Epic found me online, they asked me to do some coding test at one of my local library, monitored by the library staff.
Next, they invited for an onsite interview at Madison, WI. Did coding test again. The code was designed in a special grammar, not any of the popular languages.

Interview Question – I do not recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me the offer and I accepted it.

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – one phone interview,one online interview. online interview has 5 part including 3 coding test and basic mathmatics, logical test.
phone interview is simple. online codeing test is not diffcult but time is limited

Interview Question – best time to sell and buy stock   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Very long day, lots of questions designed to make you feel like you are becoming part of an exclusive group, talk a lot, show your interest in everything and everyone, ask a ton of questions

Interview Question – what three things could you be better at   Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Technical Services Problem-Solver

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Their process was quite thorough with a personality test as well as a skills test online. The interview on site included another skills test, a presentation, a one on one interview and then a couple get-to-know-you interviews with a couple applicants (for different jobs). The HR team gets back fairly fast regarding any questions. My biggest concern was the work-life balance, which all of the interviewers danced around.

Interview Question – There were a couple brain teasers involved in the skills test. Some interview reviews list them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Their offer was "[their] best possible offer".

Technical Services Interview

Technical Services

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – I participated in a phone interview and online job assessment with Epic Systems for a position in Technical Services. The phone interview basically consisted of 3 portions: background on the company as a whole, information about the position and how it works, and then any questions I may have. In total, the interview lasted about 30 minutes.

The online job assessment was not very difficult, but was a little strange since I had never done one like that before. They use an online proctoring company that monitors your computer as you do various tests. These consist of things like logical reasoning questions and intro level computer programming programs.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the phone interview, but you should make sure you have good questions to ask them!   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to be a technical writer and I went through the whole phone interview process, skills assessment, etc. The skills assessment was pretty tough. I was contacted about a week after saying they were going to pursue other candidates, but they offered me a final in-person interview for a quality assurance position. Not exactly what I expected, but I suppose it is worth a try.

Interview Question – Programming skills questions were very difficult. The purpose is to see how quickly you can learn the skills, but it was very challenging, even for someone with average-above average intelligence.   Answer Question