Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jan 28, 2015
1,892 Interview Reviews

2.9

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The online assessment everyone takes should take 2 hours maximum. I don't think it's nearly as hard as some people in other forums might say. They just want to make sure you have a decent grasp of grammar, logic, and basic math skills. The coding component probably tests how well you learn new skills, in my opinion. There was a 30 minute phone call that was very basic ie walk me through your resume, what do you see yourself doing in 5 years, etc. A current PM will interview you. Mine was very friendly and even chatted with me at the end a bit about Madison. The on- site interview includes a short 10 minute presentation (to make sure you can talk to people), a non-technical case, a fit interview with a current PM, and another interview by your recruiter. You get to eat lunch with current workers and take a tour of the campus (which is awesome). The night before a PM will take a group of interviewees out to dinner in Madison. It's a great chance to ask any questions you have about Epic, the role, or Madison.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most interesting thing about you/that you've done.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation. They are a big company and don't need to really go out of their way to attract top talent (it comes to them). It might be different if you're a coding wizard though.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Very simple 30 minute phone interview. Interviewer told me a lot about epic and how they do things for interns. The interviewer also told me about what interns had done them which was helpful. It was a very comfortable and casual interaction!

Software Developer Interview

Hi all,

I have applied to EPIC when they came to our university career fair.

After 2 weeks, they contacted me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy about 30 minutes, a software developer asked couple of questions about projects I have worked on, asked questions such as how did u handle this case and this case etc.

Second,I had an online assessment test. I would not say the test was easy, but not that hard. If you know how to program, and if you think as an computer science major student you will be able to crack the questions especially programming part. Personally, I did not find the programming questions that hard. After two days, I received en email saying they invite me to an onsite interview.

Finally,the on site interview for interns is just tour of the campus.When I went there the weather was very cold , and could not see much of the campus's beauty.The morning of the interview day started with couple of software demo presentations,you can ask questions if you want but I think it is not required. After that, you will talk to a software developer, and present your a project you have worked on.The software developer was such a young guy with 3-4 years of experience, I presented my project in 20 mins and he did not ask any questions about my project at all. The required time was 45 min, and he was always looking at a watch and randomly started talking about the company and staff. Next, you will have an interview with HR where she or he will ask behavioral questions.In my case, I had an HR who graduated a college maybe 2-3 years ago. We had a talk about a team work,a little bit about projects and she asked question such as why epic,do you require a visa sponsorship etc.

After 2 weeks, I received a phone call saying that they decided to go with other candidates. The reason for the rejection is still mystery to me. Btw, I have a good GPA,a past internship experience and bunch of android IOS application experiences.Also, I am studying in one of the big ten universities. Only thing that is unusual is I am an international student.I do not know how they evaluate candidates. Also, it took me two month entire process because I could not find time for each round of the inverview,and had each round after 2-3 weeks.

Thanks.

Software Developer Interm Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First round was a telephonic interview.
    In this round, interviewer asked about the projects I worked on, challenges faced by our team in those projects and how we resolved them, next he told me about the life of past interns over there.
    Second Round
    This round is an online test. In this we had 3 sections
    1. Quantitative Aptitude
    2. Speed Round (solve as many questions as you can out of 10 question in 1 minute)
    3. Programming: In this section we were asked to write code (in any language). There were 4 questions. Caution: You will not be able to compile and test, Give your best shot and get your logic correct.

Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online, still going through the process.

Phone interview with a current trainer. Nice chat, very comfortable. Be sure to prepare questions. They will answer many of your questions, but it always helps to have one or two that may help make a positive impression.

Online Assessments. I did the personality test, along with the big grouping of language, math, and programming tests. I also did the writing assessment. It's tedious, no doubt about it. You've just got to gird up your loins and get after it.

Location Interview. You must teach a 15 and a 2 minute lesson to a current group of employees. The 15 minute lesson can be on any topic, the 2 minute lesson should be on an everyday task. They'll supply a whiteboard (which I'd find a way to use!), but no Power Points or visuals. I suggest choosing lessons that don't require a lot of supplemental materials. Make it about you, you're the star of the show. It definitely seems that they're looking to see that you are personable, poised, and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • Just seriously think about why you want to work for the company. Being capable of articulating a poignant and sincere response to that question will go a long way. Get past the money and the perks.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone interview is very easy. Assessment is very difficult and you have no way of preparing for it. Ultimately the second interview is based on how well you do in the assessment.

Technical Services/Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone interview was set up after my resume was picked up by the Epic College Recruiting folks. Prior to the phone interview, I was to complete an online assessment, which comprised of: Speed Math (2 min), Math, Reading/Grammer, Programming.

After the test was processed and a few weeks passed, I was invited for an onsite interview. While onsite, we were given an itinerary of activities to be done (depending on the job one was being interviewed for). PMs were to participate in a group activity of a hypothetical conflict resolution, followed by an independent presentation to your recruiter, and a final interview. During the final interview, a number of personal questions were asked, including but not limited to: greatest weakness, what you believe the biggest misconception people may have about you, interests, life-changing experiences, etc.

For the technical services position, I was placed in a small room with a computer and set to complete four programming tasks using about any language that I wanted. One of the questions may have been to create a function which can take in an NxN matrix and can be configured to spin either clockwise or counterclockwise for any number of spins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Epic's interview process is long but not necessarily hard if you know what to expect. Doing my research on Glassdoor paid off, so I hope this helps someone else!

The best advice I can give for the whole process is to talk a lot and ask questions - real questions about things that concern you (that high turnover though) are okay, because it shows you're seriously considering the position. Be sincerely engaged. Also, go out to dinner with the Epic employee the night before. Mine answered my questions candidly and was very helpful.

I submitted my resume to a recruiter at my college career fair and filled out an online form. A couple days later, I had an email to set up a phone interview for the following week and took a brief personality quiz. After that, it was a skill assessment in logic, reasoning, and programming. After that, they flew me in for an on-site interview. Everyone was extremely friendly and available through the whole process.

Phone interview: Super chill, 20-30 min. Your interviewer will walk through your resume with some questions about your experience. Be ready to answer why are you interested in working at Epic and/or in the healthcare tech industry. Most importantly, half the interview is set aside for YOU to ask questions. Take advantage of this and show your interest!

Skill assessment: Not chill, 3 hours. Definitely the rough part of the interview process. Honestly, you'll either be good at it or you won't, so don't stress out about studying. The programming test seems crazy hard, but I have 0 experience in programming and passed. They mostly want to see if you can pick up new things quickly and think logically. Not everyone's cup of tea.

On-site: 1) 10 min presentation over literally anything. I choice a topic that was not technical or business-related at all - Epic's culture is quirky, so geeing out about something interesting for 10 minutes probably worked in my favor. 2) Case study. Not at all like scary consulting case studies, more ethical and customer-service related. If you have common sense, you'll be fine. 3) PM interview. Questions about your leadership style, work ethic, dealing with difficult people, and giving/receiving criticism. 4) HR interview. You'll bring a list of 3 references - be prepared to give a good and bad thing they would each say about you. More behavioral questions. They'll ask for salary expectations. 5) Lunch and a tour - not a formal interview, but stay friendly and interact with your group.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation - standard offer for my position. But I ain't complaining.

E-Learning Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview process had many levels including skills assessment test on home computer. On site interview process lasted most of the day and began in a room with 25 other applicants, followed by a campus tour in smaller groups. One-on-one interview was a small part of the day. Many hours of testing in a computer lab. Lunch was included mid-day. The campus and the food was awesome.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Referred by a current employee to apply for the position. Received an email from HR within 24 hours of my submitted application looking to schedule a brief phone interview. Confirmed availability and had a 30 minute phone interview with a current employee in the Technical Services field. Interviewer asked questions regarding my education and professional experience as well as some standard interview questions (Why do you want to work for Epic? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?). Overall, very easy-going conversation and seemed more like a phone screening than anything. I was told to expect information from the original HR contact about completing upcoming assessment and personality tests. Received email within two days of the phone interview about when and how to take tests. The interviewer explained that once the tests are complete, the final step in the interview process (if they decide to move me forward) will be an all day, on-site interview on the company's campus.

Currently, the tests have been scheduled but have not yet been completed.

Interview Questions
    • Regarding the healthcare side of Epic, what are you interested in learning more about?   Answer Question