Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

2.9

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interesting, they let you check some of their code and asked a couple problem solving questions in addition to the behavioral questions. They mostly recruit directly out of college, looking for new hires they can mold in their mindset and system. You will speak with an HR person on the phone first, then have a phone interview with an employee in the department to which you applied

Interview Questions
    • They had a coding challenge to see if you can get a hang of their system   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online in April 2012 at this company before graduating college because I was unsure of what I wanted to do. I submitted my application and within a few days heard from someone in HR. There was an initial phone interview, and then within a week or two, they had me lined up to fly to Madison for an in-person interview. Their campus was beautiful, and it was a fun day full of interviews with multiple people in multiple situations. I took a test (must have been math of some sort?) in one of their testing labs. I gave a 10 minute presentation over something that interested me. However, by the end of the day, I could tell that this was not the company I wanted to work for and not the job I desired to do.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly difficult--very similar to other technical interviews I have had.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

I got phone interview first. Two technical questions. One is about java and another is algorithm. The rest questions are behavior questions and talked about one of my past project. Then I have my online assessment

Technical Writer & Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

I submitted my application for the Technical Writer position online. The next day I received an email from an HR rep and was asked to fill out a few additional questions, mostly personal information and things like my GPA, etc. A couple days after that, I was contacted again via email and asked for a phone interview, which I scheduled for the next week. The phone interview was pretty basic--a technical writer interviewed me, and asked me about my three most recent positions, then asked if I had any questions about the company.

Within 24 hours of my phone interview, I had to complete a 2 hour timed writing sample consisting of three or four different prompts. I got an email the next day confirming that they had received my writing sample and were reviewing my materials, and then I was invited to take another 2 hour skills assessment and fill out a personality profile. I completed these assessments in the next couple days, and also received an email confirming my scores had been received at Epic. After that, I was invited to an onsite interview for two positions: Technical Writer and Quality Assurance. I chose between a number of days two weeks in advance. Because I already live in the Madison area, I did not need to be flown in; I drove to Epic with the instructions provided by HR, and it was very easy to find.

The day of the onsite interview I met with more people than I can count, so be prepared to keep names straight and don't depend on connecting with your interviewers, because there are so many of them. They provided breakfast and lunch, and there was a lot of walking (don't wear new shoes like I did, you'll have blisters so bad you can't move by the end of the day). When they tell you dress code is casual, they mean it. In a blazer and jeans, I was significantly dressier than anyone else, and it didn't seem like a good thing. Most people wore blouses or button downs with jeans; don't wear heels, don't wear dress shoes, and definitely do not show up in a business suit. My interviewers were mostly in t-shirts.

Almost everything was in groups. They give you a folder at the beginning of the day with your itinerary; only your case studies and meeting with HR at the end of the day will be one on one. For QA, my interview was very short. I had a small group activity where I was asked to perform a quality assurance test on a random item from the room, and then a case study one on one where I talked about management and organization. For technical writing, I had a case study the same as QA, and then a 2 hour writing test at the end of the day that consisted of one hour of random types of writing samples and one hour of technical writing. The 2 hour writing test was the hardest part of my interview, because I was exhausted, had blisters, and had been doing my best to stay on my game all day. The on-site interview lasted more than 8 hours in all.

After the interview, I was told I would hear back within two weeks. I hadn't heard back in two weeks, so I gave them an extra week lee-way and then called my HR rep and left a voicemail asking for updates. A week later, I was called back and they offered me the QA position.

In all, I spent at least 20 hours taking tests, gathering materials, and interviewing for Epic. If I hadn't been offered a position, I would be very upset at the amount of time they require of their applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Name five things you are not.
      If you were in charge of creating the themes for our buildings, what's a new theme you would choose?
        Answer Question
    Negotiation was unnecessary; they offered me $50,000 for an entry level position.

Corporate Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

The initial interview process went well. I was invited for a phone conversation with an employee in the same position. She told me details about the job and asked questions about my life and my experiences. She made me feel comfortable in the process. Less than a week later I was invited back for a testing process, as the second stage of interview. This was difficult-- you were expected to complete a series of coding questions, grammar, mathematical, and logic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Completing the logic testing-- particularly the coding aspect.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

tl;dr Very unprofessional, spoke to 5 different recruiters throughout the process, online skill assessment is annoying

Went to a university career fair and wasn't too interested in the company at the time. A few months later a recruiter contacted me via e-mail and asked if I was interested in applying. After the application there was a non-technical interview where I reviewed my resume with a another recruiter. The following day they sent me the 'online assessment', which was incredibly difficult to set up (I had an online proctor, had to take everything off my desk, pan around my room 4 times, let them take over my pc to shut down background processes, install the proctor chat client, and the set up took about 90 minutes). On top of that, the assessment was very insulting as it included very, very, basic math and ridiculous brain teasers (I was very upset to see those on the assessment). It took about 3 (+90 mins of set up) hours to complete and I was aggravated by the entire thing. After the assessment, I had to take a personality test that was very contrived and poor. The following week yet another recruiter contacted me to say that they received my results and would get back to me in a one or two weeks. Two weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything so I asked the recruiter for an update.... no response, three weeks... no response, FOUR WEEKS... no response. During this period I was contacted by yet ANOTHER RECRUITER asking if I was interested in applying even though I was already a few weeks into the process (I told her that I was already in contact with another recruiter) and it made the impression that they were unorganized. The following week (almost 5 weeks from when she said "a week or two") I am contacted by yet another recruiter telling me I would not receive an offer. I asked for feedback but typically tech companies don't do that (unfortunately) and I asked for the score on my assessment but I doubt that I will ever hear from them again.

It was difficult for me not to use vulgar language above but the entire process was THE WORST INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE I've had. To give this statement some weight, I've had about a dozen interviews in the last year or so (not many but this one really stood out),

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

There first comes a phone interview, during the phone interview, they asks some background questions based on your resume, and ask a data base design question based on their own program, after that you will have an online assesment

Interview Questions
    • during the online assesment, there will be 4 questions about programing and algorithm, the algorithm question is a little difficult for me as I didn't prepare well, like the classic black and red chess   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Applied through school received an email about a phone interview shortly after. The first step was a standard screening phone interview. After the interview I was asked to take a 2-3 hour exam which was fairly difficult, especially the coding section for somebody with no previous experience. Two weeks after taking the exam I was told they had moved on with other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Interview question were generally based around my resume.   Answer Question

SAP BO Administrative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First a human resources call for phone interview set up, phone interview set up for a technical interview, technical Phone interview done, call for a on site face to face interview. Face to face interview set up, computer programming llogic and skill test, face to face interview, on site company tour

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

You start with a phone call -- average questions, my lady was very nice -- and then they set you up for the tests. For me it took about 5-10 days in-between each thing to hear back from them. I didn't have the intense programming section of the test, so for me it was four sections. There are a lot of word games and awkwardly phrased questions to try to throw you through a loop. It took me about an hour and a half to finish everything, though, and it's not too hard. The mandatory programming section is a little tricky if you have no experience, but it's simple if you take short notes while you're going through it. After that, you'll do another short assessment like most jobs do (do you consider yourself an angry person or a submissive person, etc.) and then wait again to hear back. If they decide to do the on-campus interview, they'll pay for everything. So even if you aren't sure about the position, it's a great opportunity and the campus is great. On campus you'll have around three or four interviews, a tour, a presentation consisting of one 15-minute and one 2-minute teaching session, and info sessions. They'll also pay for lunch, and possibly for dinner the night before.

Interview Questions
    • During my first interview, they asked me to impromptu teach on a subject I would not be teaching later that day.   View Answer