Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015
2,322 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website and was contacted within a couple of days by an HR rep that wanted to do a phone interview. First, she asked me to take a couple of assessments. The first was just a personality test that I would guess was assessing leadership/teamwork skills. The second test was through ProctorU and took a few hours to complete. I have no programming experience, so I found the test to be pretty difficult for the programming portion. The math/reading/logic sections were fairly easy though. I had the phone interview the day after the ProctorU exam. I had written down a bunch of backup questions to ask at the end of the interview, and it was a good thing I did, because right after introductions, my interviewer asked me if I had any questions about the company. Essentially, she was looking to give me a description of the position through answering my questions, so make sure you prepare for that just in case! I thought the phone interview went well enough, but I didn't really expect a call back for an in-person interview because I think I did really poorly on the exam. A week after the phone interview, I received an email that said they decided to move forward with other candidates..

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the company by an employee and then subsequently was told to submit an online application. I then had a phone interview and then had to complete an online assessment with 3 parts Currently waiting on a response about proceeding with the application process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I received an email asking me to set up a phone interview and take two tests the day after I submitted the online application. The tests were not easy and took me about two hours. The phone interview was a about 16 minutes and asked questions that could be answered with very short answers. One week later I received an email saying they were moving forward with other candidates. The whole process was quick and clear except that the proctored test was inconvenient.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this position at Epic?   1 Answer
    • What skills you have do you think can be helpful to this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they had HR reach out set up a time to take an online personality test and general test. Very straightforward and not difficult but time consuming. Then a phone interview was set up where they asked basic questions. The phone interview went into details regarding the resume as well as the the background of their company but limited in that sense compared to other interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many years did you take off between high school and college if any?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted after applying on my University's job link webite and was contacted by an EPIC recruiter. I then had a initial phone interview, then was invited to have a second phone interview. I was then sent a proctored assessment that you had to schedule to take with Proctor-U. At that point I was called and told that I was potentially a good fit for two positions, the implementation consultant as well as Quality Assurance (Software Tester). They told me that they wanted to fly me out for an in person interview. The campus was AMAZING and so were the people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a 10 min. presentation on any topic I wanted to. What is your expected salary?, Why epic?, Why the health care industry?, What would your references say are your weaknesses?, Your strengths?, I also had to do a group case study and a one on one case study as well. At the end of the day I had to take another critical skills assessment test.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter for my university, and someone emailed to set up a phone interview and i had to take an assessment before and do a rembrandt profile. Did those, but probably messed up on the assessment because I did not see that one of the times was 5 min for the whole assessment and not for the page of questions. Woops. The assessment was just learning a fake programming language and isn't hard if you have any experience with Java or related languages. Then there was a logic test and just simple long math and logic problems. They probably do put a lot of weight into the assessments, so I'm sure my mistake was costly. Anyway, I did the interview and thought i nailed it but then after 1-2 weeks they emailed me and told me they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward. I was referred by someone who works there, applied, and heard from HR shortly thereafter. I scheduled a short phone interview with someone in the position, which consisted of easy questions like how much are you willing to travel, why this position, etc. I then took their online exams and personality assessments. For the most part I thought they were okay, but the programming section was difficult for me (no programming background). I must not have done well, because they emailed me after receiving the results saying they were pursuing other candidates. Fairly frustrating because my phone interview was great and the young lady I spoke to liked me enough to say she would gladly recruit me to her team once I got there. I would recommend going fairly quickly through the tests. They are not "timed" but there is a generous time limit. I took a lot of it and maybe that was my downfall. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why this position? How much are you willing to travel?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial 30-minute phone interview followed by "officially untimed" technical assessment. Assessment is done through a third party and (for me) involved two sections - one with 20 multiple-choice questions, and another with 4 coding problems ("write a method to do..."). Multiple-choice section involved answering questions about a made-up programming language - conceptually not very difficult, but because you can't ask any questions whatsoever except for technical ones, I had a hard time picking the "correct" answer. E.g., several of the questions asked for the output of some line of code, but without knowing the compiler's behaviour, several of the answer choices could have been correct.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

Te interview was 3 tier. I cleared the first stage, which was a basic phone interview. The interviewer was another project manager. She asked me behavioral questions. Second step was a proctored logical test. After 1 week from the test, they emailed me that they would move on with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to see yourself in 5 years? Talk about your last employment.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There is an initial 45-minutes phone interview, I got a chance to talk about my projects. Then 3-4 hours assessment test. Latter onsite interview. The most difficult thing is assessment. Good luck for all.

Interview Questions

• They are looking mainly looking for Wide programming skills and problem solving skills.   1 Answer