Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions

2.9

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

After receiving an employee referral I submitted my resume, transcript, and personal information I was contacted the following Monday by Epic HR to let me know my application had been received. About a day later I received another email saying that I would be receiving information on scheduling a behavioral assessment, skills exam, a phone interview. That week I completed the behavioral assessment (30 min) and skills exam (2 hrs). The phone interview was conducted that Friday with a current Epic PM. I was told I would be contacted within two weeks with further instructions. After one week I received and email saying they were pursuing other people for the position. While I didn't receive an offer I appreciated the expedited interview process and prompt responses.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
      "What do you think makes a good manager?"
        Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

I applied online and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty low-stress, mostly verifying info from your app and basic questions. Then I was invited to complete the online assessment which was longer and more involved than I had expected. I was just recently invited to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • The programming section in the online skills assessment are tricky.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Similar to other posts, the interview consisted of multiple stages, including:
    - Phone Interview
    - Online Assessment and Personality Profile
    - On-site interview with multiple employees

I feel that if you are a likable person with a solid background then you will be fine. Be comfortable in all stages of the interview process and don't be afraid to think outside of the box. They are looking for people who will do just that. Any and all on-site interactions are either covered or reimbursed so if you get the chance, then take full advantage of that and do your best. The Madison area seems like a great place to start a new career.

Some say that the interview process is long and tiring and that they burn you out from the start. I can't co-sign with that statement as I felt fine during and after the interview (I was actually ready for a lot more). Maybe it's because I have full-time experience with multiple employers (during college time nonetheless) prior to this encounter and I know truly what being "burnt out" means. Overall I would say that the experience is great and if you're given the opportunity to apply and interview, then go for it!

Interview Questions
    • You are presented with a case involving 2 of your own customers and a customer of a coworker. It's the beginning of the week and they are all in a panic.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Apply online.After a few days got a response to arrange a Phone screen. After 2 days, need to move on to Online Assessment.After a week got Rejected. well what else can i say

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just do the question on careercup you will be ok.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Firstly ask questions about your education and graduation dates to make sure information is filled correctly. Secondly ask about your projects and current projects, what are the technical difficulties. Then ask a real scenario question about . Last introduce epic and you could ask your questions for the company.

Interview Questions
    • A technical question about arrangements. You have to be efficient enough.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

I had a friend refer me to Epic, which sort of helped speed up the interview process. I then had to fill out the online application anyway. I then had a phone interview with another person in the position I was interested in nine days after my friend submitted my inquiry. The phone interview was really pleasant. The trainer asked me questions about if I had any education experience and why I was interested in the position. It took about forty minutes for me even though they say it'll only be about 30. I felt my phone interview went very well.

Then they sent me links for the online tests. There was a timed test (how many questions can you answer in 2 minutes), a math test, a programming test, a verbal test, and a personality test. I took mine online at home, so I had the online proctor watching over. Even though they said you don't need to prepare for those tests, I would research questions beforehand especially if you haven't taken math in awhile and to get an idea of the programming questions. I took it really early in the morning before, and I really should've waited until I was mentally awake enough. I also made the mistake of doing the timed one first, which I would do second after you're more acquainted with the process. Having never taken computer programming, I only understood about half - three-fourths of the programming exam, which they said doesn't really matter since my position wouldn't be involving that. I took longer than the average time for the exams, which I blame for me not advancing in the application process any farther along with probably failing the programming and timed ones.

Interview Questions
    • A man walks into a hardware store and wants to buy something. The sales associate says that one item is $1. The man says he wants "300." The sales associate says that will be $3. What did the man buy?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Forty five minutes phone interview followed by 3 long hours technical skills test which will be proctored by someone remotely. You'll be contacted by the recruiter after a week or so to inform whether you had qualified to the next round or not.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected questions so far for the phone interview.   Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview a week later. Phone interview went really well and was asked to answer the candidate profile questions and take a skills test. While taking the skills test, I realized that I wasn't the type of person who wanted to sit in front of a computer and program all day for 40-60 hours/week. Was told later that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Read over resume and asked to elaborate on certain skills.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Phone call interview: This is an easy one, just a resume walkthrough and then some basic technical and open ended, behavioral questions
    Online Assessment: Difficult one, many unexpected questions. Logical,mathematical and programming questions

Software Developer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone interview followed by an online test through Proctor. Phone interview was a general discussion on the previous projects and experience and question on elevator design. Online test had almost the same questions as given on careercup. My test went good except for the speed part where around 10-12 questions were to be answered in just 2 min.