Epic Systems Corporation

2.9

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Same process as listed by many - I fill out the online application and had a response that they wanted to conduct a phone interview with me. In the same email, they sent the links for the personality test and skills test. The programming section is simply following a new code step by step. No actually programming knowledge was required. I heard back about a week later that they would like to conduct an onsite interview, all expenses paid. It was a fantastic experience and there is a lot to be said about Madison as a community. Everybody had an intro to the programs, a case study, introduction by an employee currently in the position, lunch and a final meeting with HR. They may have expedited due to the holiday, but I received my offer 2 business days after my onsite.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I put the average on glassdoor and was told that was too high. They came back with a number and that was it.

Technical Services Interview

First started with a phone interview. Next there was a long computer based test. After about a week, I was contacted and said they wanted to fly me out for an interview. I did that and am still waiting on a response as to whether I received an offer or not.

Software Engineer Interview

I was contacted for a quick phone interview. Answered very basic questions about software design choices. Nothing was explicitly technical except for choice of data structure. Then, I was asked to complete an online technical assessment which took around 3 hours. I was contacted after this to say they would get back to me in 1-2 weeks and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Design a checkers game that chooses the longest path the player can jump.   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The whole interview process was very extensive. Took the test that they require everyone to do. Don't worry too much about the Programmer part, it is crazy difficult. The test has four sections total. Give it your best shot. After the test, I had a phone interview with someone in HR. Very basic interview questions, nothing too crazy. I was given the chance to fly to Madison for an onsite interview. Very long day, you talk to several different people. Didn't get the position but would consider reapplying to their company

Software Developer Interview

Very friendly phone interview, followed by an online, web-cam proctored skills assessment. Online skills assessment was ~3 hours long, with four sections with brain teasers, a made-up programming language, a coding section, and a speed-math section.

Interview Questions
    • A man finishes painting his house but needs something more. He goes to the hardware store and the clerk points out what he needs and says "It's 1 dollar for 1." He says, "I need 600, here's $3". What did he buy?   View Answers (2)

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied the internship through the career fair at my school. Got a phone interview 2 or 3 weeks after I turned in my application on their website. And I took an online assessment test 1 or 2 weeks after the phone interview. I'm still waiting to hear them back.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Met Epic recruiter at on campus career fair. Had a phone interview a week later. Just took the technical services Skills Assessment. I am currently waiting to hear back about the status of my application. the skills assessment was grueling, but interesting.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied via website. You receive a general notification advising that your resume had been received and being reviewed. Received an email in a couple days requesting to set up and schedule a phone interview. Phone interview is scheduled and coordinated via email. Had a phone interview where I talked to a current project manager. We went over my background and I was asked why I was interested in the position and what I new about Epic. The interviewer then gave an overview of the position. Next you schedule the Epic examination. Wait about 2 weeks after test results to be contacted for on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • Questions
      All questions from the phone interview were relatively straightforward

Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The first portion of the interview process was a phone interview - a standard interview involving the usual HR questions - "What do you like to do/what hobbies do you have/what are you interested in?", "Where do you see yourself in five years?", "Discuss any projects you've worked in", "Tell me something about yourself". Answer the questions.

Second round interview is on campus (dress warm if coming in winter months!). Dress however you'd like, but as a heads up the employees may still be in pajamas. Look casual, don't be sloppy and you'll be fine. The company takes you on a tour of campus, allows you to do AMAs with current employees, and then has another HR interview slipped somewhere in there.

As a general tip, apply early. The company took three weeks to reach out for the phone interview, and between the phone and on campus interview two months. After the second interview it took two months to get a response.

Still a great place to work, though.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation, there was a field for salary in the application and came up once during the HR interview. Final offer was around asking price, but as a caveat the personal asking price was reasonable.

The company gives the best offer up front, take-it-or-leave-it style.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Applied online and receive interview invitation after about 2 weeks. Did the online assessment and took almost 3 hours. During the phone interview, first asked me why epic and some general questions. Then each projects listed in my CV were asked by interviewers. Last he gave me a technical questions. It was more like a design problem instead of implementation details. Hope i can have onsite soon.