2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2010.

Interview process started with a very brief phone interview. I then got a phone call later that week inviting me to an on site interview in WI. Epic by far has the most awesome corporate campus I have ever seen (including google and microsoft). The interview process took most of the day and included meetings with a current PM, a HR meeting, aptitude/writing/verbal tests and lunch with an employee.

Epic does do a very good job of bringing people in regardless of major or experience. They seem to want smart people that they can mold into good employees.

Having said that, I did notice a few key points during the interview.
1.) The PMs I talked to did not know that much about managing projects. If you ask some difficult questions during the interview you'll probably see this too. They are nice people but seem to be lacking in hard professional skills. You have to wonder what kind of transferable skills you will develop here...
2.) They warn you about the travel and the hours. I was told several times that this is a hours intensive and travel intensive job. This could be a pro/con depending on how you look at it.
3.) In terms of compensation, you are going to be about 15-20 percent below what other actual consulting houses will offer.

In general this was a good interview experience....

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

PM Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2010.

The phone interview is no longer than 20 minutes and is just basic interview questions like what is your major and where do you see yourself in 5 years? Then you have to do a skills test which was a lot on programming and math...kind of reminded me of the SATs.

Interview Questions