Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2010.

First a campus interview, then a phone interview, then they flew me in for a day to Madison. Had to give a presentation to a group, then take IQ and skills test, then some one on one interviews and a case study. Although I thought I was interviewing for a sales type of position, they gave me a programming test that I knew absolutely nothing about. The presentation, case study, and other tests went great but it went south when I interviewed with the HR woman and took the programming test. Although the company was impressive (the company campus is amazing), the company was way too informal for my liking and the position required WAY too much traveling. If you are a techie, you will probably love it but those I spoke to on the marketing side did not.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Project Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2011.

I was contacted by Epic in December and was asked to submit an application for their project manager position. A month later I was given a phone interview, about two weeks later I was offered an in person interview in Madison. They flew me across the country and put me up in a nice hotel downtown covering all my expenses. The day of the interview I woke early and was taken by Cab to their headquarters, which is about 30 minutes away from downtown Madison. It began with a tour of the campus followed by a demonstration of their software after which we each began our interviews. The first interview was position specific, I cannot disclose the actual questions, but I can say you should treat the day as a marathon test but should not pose serious problems for those qualified. They followed up the first interview with a presentation to a group of young employees (most employees are young) which was basically to prove your communications skills. Lunch gave us a break followed by another round of interviews with HR, after which at the end of the day we began the exams, which last approximatively two hours. These exams make the interview process incredibly unique as after years of college and great grades (you need at least a 3.3 to even be considered) you must prove your intelligence they don't take it for granted. Finally you hand in your exam and they call you a cab. The whole day takes about 7 hours, and they say they will contact you in a week possibly two with their decision. Its been two full weeks for me and am still waiting for an answer, so don't expect a quick response they do have many, many candidates to consider.

Interview Questions
    • When would you be ready to start working if offered the job?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Was flown out and put in a hotel, which was pretty nice of them. However, the interview was a joke. Came in and found out there were 8 other people interviewing for the same position that I had to spend the entire day with. They take you on a tour of their overly nice campus that looks like something from Star Trek. Then you have to take a test on computer code, regardless of the position you are applying for. The interview itself is based on all the qualities you don't have and has nothing to do with your strengths or experiences.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Was contacted by EPIC from my resume on career builder. Flown out to Madison, WI to interview at headquarters. Interviews and exercises lasted almost all day. Many other candidates were there from all different backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • If you are the Project Manager and everyone on your team disagrees with one of your decision, what do you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I was contacted via a recruiter for another position (keeping the details somewhat vague so I don't out myself). After applying I was switched to a project manager candidate. Standard process:
    1 - Phone interview which went decent
    2 - Proctored testing. The programming test isn't really programming heavy, most of the tests are just logic related.
    3 - In person interviews. There were about 4-5 interviews I think, a presentation, software demo, tour. Hotel was awesome, and the dinner was cool. Most people you meet will be pretty socially awkward, get used to it. The exception is project managers. If you aren't very outgoing and extraverted you probably won't be selected for implementation.

I got an offer for a third position about 1-2 weeks after the interview process. Don't be surprised or offended if you end up in another position you didn't initially apply for. They do a good job of matching candidates up with jobs that will be the most mutually beneficial, and I'm kinda glad I didn't end up a project manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They have ranges for each role and you'll get something in the range based on your interview process scores and background.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2012.

Feel like a number. Very corporate. Hiring like mad.
    Unnecessary testing for logic.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you participate in meetings percentage wise? What would you do if you are a leader and your team doesnt support your decision? Vice versa   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Originally applied for Project Manager, but they decided to have me additionally interview for a recruiting position, without my knowledge. After a quick, friendly Skype interview, they flew me out to the campus in Madison. It was a day-long interview, with many informal meetings. The oddest part was that they seemed to pair everyone together, perhaps to create some tension and give each person a chance to showcase their competitive drive. I think that I had two interviews with another girl: Interviewer would ask a question, other girl would answer and then I would answer. Also, we had to give a 10-minute presentation on anything that we wanted and you were not allowed to use a PowerPoint presentation. They grill you with questions during and after, but as long as you are talking about something you know a lot about, it should be no issue.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was completely off the wall from what I remember. I do recall there being a few oddball personality questions, like, "If you could be a breakfast cereal, which one would you be?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2012.

Epic contacted me since I had been recommended to them. I submitted my resume and a brief cover letter. Then they asked me to complete an online profile and personality test and a basic skills test for math, critical reading/grammar, and coding. I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes that was very informal. Finally, they flew me out to WI for an in-person interview that lasted all day, including a tour of the campus and software, a 10-minute presentation by me, and interviews with several Epic employees. Overall, the process preceding the in-person interview is quite lengthy but not very difficult. The in-person interview is much more demanding.

Interview Questions
    • "Name 5 things that you are not."

This was a weird question in my opinion. I am used to answering strength/weakness questions, but it makes more sense to ask someone to describe him/herself using positive characteristics. I ended up answering this by thinking of qualities that describe me and saying that I am not the opposite of those. For example, I am a punctual person, so I said that I am not comfortable being late.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2011.

The overall process was pretty intensive, as can be seen by what the interview consisted of. The company seems to be very relaxed and very youth-focused, which is what I really liked. The programming test was simply the worst, though. One of the people who sat in on my presentation wasn't one of the nicest people I ever met, though. It would've been great to work with Epic, but it is how it is. I got to fly out to Madison for free, so hey. Can't really complain.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2012.

1st round: Epic HR e-mailed to schedule for a phone interview -which went really smoothly.
    2nd round: Computerized test: The first half of the test was similar to the GRE quant questions, The second half was all programing, and I think I did horribly hence did not receive an offer.