Epic Systems Corporation

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
134 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Project Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Responses to emails were made in a timely manner and make themselves available to respond to any questions you have. I really enjoyed my phone interview. Most of the interview was consumed by a description of the company and small talk, but I think there were sufficient interview questions were asked. I think they have a huge preference for hiring very young people, right out of college, and have a high turnover rate so be aware that they are constantly interviewing people.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – The reviews on here are all very accurate and helpful when entering Epic's hiring process. I initially applied online (very easy application- pretty much just upload your resume). After a few days, I was contacted to set up a 30min phone interview with a Project Manager. During the phone interview, we talked about my resume and experiences, the project manager position and what it entails, and then the remainder of the time was for any questions that I had. After the phone interview, I was contacted to do online assessments which took about 2 hours to complete via a Proctor website. Then I was contacted to come in to Epic for an in-person interview. Onsite I had 2 interviews (1 with a project manager and 1 with an HR Recruiter), a case study, and gave a short presentation on whatever topic I desired. In addition, we were given a demo of the software, a tour of the campus, and lunch. If you read these reviews, prepare for your presentation, and have a good attitude, the day will be fine! Everyone I met was very nice and friendly and I enjoyed the day (although it got pretty tiring by the end). Good luck!

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to be assertive.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – I applied online in April 2012 at this company before graduating college because I was unsure of what I wanted to do. I submitted my application and within a few days heard from someone in HR. There was an initial phone interview, and then within a week or two, they had me lined up to fly to Madison for an in-person interview. Their campus was beautiful, and it was a fun day full of interviews with multiple people in multiple situations. I took a test (must have been math of some sort?) in one of their testing labs. I gave a 10 minute presentation over something that interested me. However, by the end of the day, I could tell that this was not the company I wanted to work for and not the job I desired to do.

Interview Question – Nothing overly difficult--very similar to other technical interviews I have had.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was typical, and went well. They asked the normal questions: How did you hear about us? What would make you a good fit here? What interests you in working here? and then there was room for my own questions, which you should definitely have a few to ask in order to take up the expected 30 mins.

Interview Question – The skills assessment was difficult, they say you can't study for it, but that's a lie. If I could go back I'd brush up on specific proper grammar usage, and my algebra. A well as trying to solve these problems as quickly as possible as there is a time limited portion.   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2012.

Interview Details – First a phone interview and a basic skills assessment.

For the second round, it was a full-day affair in Wisconsin including several rounds of informational interviews, and a tour of the campus.

Then a combination written and spoken skills interview outlining approaches to basic scenarios with a project manager.

Then, there was a mock pitch of a topic of your choice in front of a small group (3-4). This was expected to be prepared in advance and delivered without presentation aids.

Finally, a wrap-up behavioral interview with an HR representative.

Interview Question – Questions were not particularly difficult or unexpected. Generally along the lines of, "Here are three clients with specific situations. How would you prioritize and address all three clients?"   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – Online application with a initial test upon submission. Followed up promptly with email the next week to set up phone interview. Phone interview was 30 minutes with a current employee, not with HR - gave some perspective on their job role and how they like the company and working there. Then came onsite for the in person interview - it was a half-day long process with a pre-prepared presentation, group interview/overview of the role and additional testing and 1:1 interaction with HR.

Interview Question – What is a common misconception about yourself?   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me which lead to an initial phone interview. She immediately invited me to the campus for an interview. They flew me out to Madison, and I was there for a couple of days. There was an informal dinner the night before the interview with a group of recruits and a current employee.
The next day, they sent a taxi to drive a group of us to the campus. We attended a presentation where they explained their software and more details about the company. They gave us a tour of the campus (amazing), and had lunch in the cafeteria with some current employees.
After lunch, I had my first interview with a current project manager. It was mainly a case analysis, and I was asked to give my opinion on what I would do if I was the project manager in the given situation. I was given 10-15 minutes to read over the case and organize my thoughts. I then had to discuss my reasoning with the interviewer.
After the case study, I had to give a presentation to a group. I was also interviewing for a "teaching role", so my presentation had to be 20 minutes long, and it could be about anything I wanted. I just had to teach the group something.
After the presentation, I had another interview. It was more traditional, focused on behavioral based questions. It lasted maybe 20-30 minutes.
After that interview, I had to take an IQ test.
After that, they called a taxi, and I was driven to the airport.

Interview Question – There was a case study that I was not prepared as much as I should have been.   View Answer

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – Just like how everyone has said on here, everything is fair game. The test was unexpectedly long and exhausting though. It took me 3 hours to complete it and it's creepy since you're using ProctorU and someone is watching over you.

Interview Question – The weird logic questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – Personality and skills assessment, followed by phone interview. Scheduling the onsite interview was easy and they were very accommodating based on your current work schedule. On site interview was laid out well and everyone was nice throughout the process. It can be a long day if you are interviewing for more than one position.

Interview Question – Case study   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process took about a month. Phone interview, skills assessment, then on-site interview. It took me about 1.5 hours to complete the skills assessment, which included logic questions. It somewhat reminded me of SATs, GRE...etc. The on-site interview took about 6 hours; everything very well-planned and organized. Make sure to take the gummy bears or chocolate covered pretzels during the interview. Sugar boost.

Interview Question – Tell me 5 things you are not.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Systems Corporation

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 134 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epic Systems Corporation employees and interview candidates.