Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

135 interviews

3.1

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2012.

I read over every single post prior to interviewing with Epic and the reviews are spot on! Let me start by saying the interviewing process is intense but well worth it even if you are not extended an offer. Once you have gone through their process you are prepared to take on any interview.

Tips and advice:

1. Don't stress about the presentation! You are in a room with three very friendly and engaging people. Don't try and dazzle them with your software or management knowledge and experience but rather present to them on something you enjoy and are extremely knowledeable. There were people presenting on zombies who got an offer so, as I said, don't fret about the topic just focus on your presentation skills. **Bring props!**

2. If you dislike standardized tests, you are in for a treat! I am personally not bad at standardized tests as I have taken the LSAT and scored quite well on it. I am, however, terrible at tests where I have no time to prepare for them. They are not basic math problems but rather quite tricky Math and English questions. You might wonder how English/ reaidng comprehension questions could be challanging- but they are!

3. Don't bank on an offer. They fly 85% of their candidates out to Madison, so it doesn't mean they are very serious about you. Im surprised they can afford to spend that kind of money on applicants. You will be up against students from top schools such as Harvard and Stanford, so in my eyes its not the end of the world if you don't get an offer. Go learn about Epic, do your best, and HAVE FUN!

I thought I was quite a strong candidate with having a high GPA and experience with 2 fortune 100 companies, but they are looking for something very specific- I couldn't tell you what. I don't think anyone but HR really knows.

**If you are up for a challange and you are ready to accept a job that requires you to work 60+ hours a week for only 60 grand this is the place for you! The average time a Project Manager stays with the company is about 2 years as they burn out quite quickly. You get a lot of experience under your belt quite fast but this is not a place to settle down with but rather a stepping stone into getting a position with a company like Cisco or HP.

Interview Questions
  • Name 5 things you are not. (Related to professional life not personal)   Answer Question
  • How would you handle a Doctor who has a lot of experience and is resistant to learning the new technology?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Project Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2011.

I applied to Epic through my college's career website and was emailed to schedule a video interview about a week later. The video interview was with a recruiter and seemed more awkward than a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice, however, and asked me basic questions about my resume, what kind of job I would like at Epic (between Project Manager/Recruiter) and told me more about the company. I was then invited to come to Madison two weeks later for a final round interview. The final round interview consisted of a case study, presentation, three intelligence tests, and a personal interview. I did not receive an offer and was informed via phone call about two weeks after my on-site interview. The experience was okay, but I am not upset that I wasn't given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name five words that do not describe you   View Answer
    • How often do you take a leadership role when working with a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2012.

The interview process was exactly how everyone described it here on Glassdoor. If you pass the phone interview, then you'll be flown out to Madison to go through the intensive in person interview process. If you want a solid chance then you should really prepare for all of the questions mentioned on this website, be ready for the presentation, and most importantly, be yourself! (Well if being yourself means outgoing and enthusiastic). As far as the standardized tests, just do your best.

I felt I nailed certain parts of the interview process, but I wasn't at the top of my game towards the tail end of the long day. I tried, but just couldn't pull it off after hours on end of standardized tests, tours, presentations, case studies, etc. And unfortunately for me, the last part was probably the most important part since I was interviewing 1 on 1 with the HRM who most likely made the final decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2012.

1. Preliminary Application
    2. Rembrandt Profile
    3. Phone Interview
    4. Skills Assessment
    5. On-site Interview - Consists of a case-study interview, a 10-minute presentation, an interview with HR, a couple Q&A/ Demonstrations from Epic Staff.

Epic's campus is absolutely amazing - the architecture is ridiculously nice, and the employees get to help decorate it. From what I have seen so far, the people are pretty young (35 year olds looked ancient), there is no dress code, the food in the cafeteria is amazing, and Madison/Verona are also awesome (in the summertime). The presentation wasn't too bad - everyone was nice and didn't try to mess you up. They really just want to get a feel for who you are as a person. So don't just be yourself - be your best self.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2012.

The process is very straightforward, but a little lengthy. I initially submitted my application online for Project Manager. I was contacted within a few days to set-up a phone interview and do a Rembrandt questionnaire. Before the phone interview, I was asked to submit a timed writing sample. The prompt was given to me at the time of the testing. After finding out that I passed the tests and phone interview, I was contacted to set-up a proctored exam. Luckily, I was able to take it with students at my school. The test was pretty basic, logical reasoning problems, verbal and programming. Programming for me was an optional test. After I found out that I passed this portion, I was contacted to interview on site in Madison. The day of interviews is pretty intense and lengthy, but overall, it's a really positive experience. Be well-prepared for behavioral questions as well as follow-up questions. Some people have to give a presentation, but HR will let you know beforehand if that's necessary. If you are interested in a position other than the one they want to hire you for, make sure and let them know.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation isn't difficult as you know about it beforehand and you get to pick the topic. Just make sure that you don't let your "audience" (3 people) fluster you with their questions. Be well-prepared to talk about yourself and "imagine" yourself in situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2012.

Overall I thought the process was very thorough. The initial personality profile was interesting and pretty straight forward. The next step of a phone interview consisted of pretty basic questions with a current project manager. The programming test was a little difficult. I'd recommend brushing up on some basic math!

Interview Questions
    • I thought the programming test was a bit difficult. In a way it was similar to the math section of the GRE.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2010.

A recruiter contacted me which lead to an initial phone interview. She immediately invited me to the campus for an interview. They flew me out to Madison, and I was there for a couple of days. There was an informal dinner the night before the interview with a group of recruits and a current employee.
    The next day, they sent a taxi to drive a group of us to the campus. We attended a presentation where they explained their software and more details about the company. They gave us a tour of the campus (amazing), and had lunch in the cafeteria with some current employees.
    After lunch, I had my first interview with a current project manager. It was mainly a case analysis, and I was asked to give my opinion on what I would do if I was the project manager in the given situation. I was given 10-15 minutes to read over the case and organize my thoughts. I then had to discuss my reasoning with the interviewer.
    After the case study, I had to give a presentation to a group. I was also interviewing for a "teaching role", so my presentation had to be 20 minutes long, and it could be about anything I wanted. I just had to teach the group something.
    After the presentation, I had another interview. It was more traditional, focused on behavioral based questions. It lasted maybe 20-30 minutes.
    After that interview, I had to take an IQ test.
    After that, they called a taxi, and I was driven to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • There was a case study that I was not prepared as much as I should have been.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

Online application with a initial test upon submission. Followed up promptly with email the next week to set up phone interview. Phone interview was 30 minutes with a current employee, not with HR - gave some perspective on their job role and how they like the company and working there. Then came onsite for the in person interview - it was a half-day long process with a pre-prepared presentation, group interview/overview of the role and additional testing and 1:1 interaction with HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The reviews on here are all very accurate and helpful when entering Epic's hiring process. I initially applied online (very easy application- pretty much just upload your resume). After a few days, I was contacted to set up a 30min phone interview with a Project Manager. During the phone interview, we talked about my resume and experiences, the project manager position and what it entails, and then the remainder of the time was for any questions that I had. After the phone interview, I was contacted to do online assessments which took about 2 hours to complete via a Proctor website. Then I was contacted to come in to Epic for an in-person interview. Onsite I had 2 interviews (1 with a project manager and 1 with an HR Recruiter), a case study, and gave a short presentation on whatever topic I desired. In addition, we were given a demo of the software, a tour of the campus, and lunch. If you read these reviews, prepare for your presentation, and have a good attitude, the day will be fine! Everyone I met was very nice and friendly and I enjoyed the day (although it got pretty tiring by the end). Good luck!

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2009.

The interview process was straight forward and well executed. After a short phone interview and personality test, I took some written assessments. After those were scored, I was invited on site to an interview, which lasted an entire day. They tell you everything you need to know so just pay attention and plan accordingly. Even if I didn't get an offer, I would still have considered the interview a positive experience because you get better at interviewing every time you do one.