Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.1

138 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I was contacted via e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 30 minutes, and we mostly just discussed my resume experience and what the position entailed. After the phone interview, i was asked to take a proctored skills test consisting of a language, math, and programming section. The test problems were logic-based and not very representative of math/verbal skills as much as they were of aptitude.

Interview Questions
  • What technical computer skills were you required to use in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Originally applied for Project Manager, but they decided to have me additionally interview for a recruiting position, without my knowledge. After a quick, friendly Skype interview, they flew me out to the campus in Madison. It was a day-long interview, with many informal meetings. The oddest part was that they seemed to pair everyone together, perhaps to create some tension and give each person a chance to showcase their competitive drive. I think that I had two interviews with another girl: Interviewer would ask a question, other girl would answer and then I would answer. Also, we had to give a 10-minute presentation on anything that we wanted and you were not allowed to use a PowerPoint presentation. They grill you with questions during and after, but as long as you are talking about something you know a lot about, it should be no issue.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was completely off the wall from what I remember. I do recall there being a few oddball personality questions, like, "If you could be a breakfast cereal, which one would you be?"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The interview process began when I was contacted by an Epic recruiter who asked me to apply for a position with the company. After submitting a resume and cover letter on the company website (not for a specific position) I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interviewer simply asked me to describe my resume in more detail. Then I was given a personality test that I found to be very convoluted, which I find typical of personality tests. The last step that I participated in before being told that I was not selected to continue on in the process was a 2 to 3 hour proctored exam that included programming, grammar, logic and math. This process took a total of three weeks.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2013.

I heard about the job at a college job fair and after handing in my CV was asked to apply online. The online application was the typical fill in your experience history with two short essay questions. I was asked to a logic/personality test too. I was contacted to schedule an interview two days after I submitted my application. The phone interview was very relaxed and ran like a casual conversation. Typical "why do you think you would be the right fit for this job?" questions, nothing surprising.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I was contacted via a recruiter for another position (keeping the details somewhat vague so I don't out myself). After applying I was switched to a project manager candidate. Standard process:
    1 - Phone interview which went decent
    2 - Proctored testing. The programming test isn't really programming heavy, most of the tests are just logic related.
    3 - In person interviews. There were about 4-5 interviews I think, a presentation, software demo, tour. Hotel was awesome, and the dinner was cool. Most people you meet will be pretty socially awkward, get used to it. The exception is project managers. If you aren't very outgoing and extraverted you probably won't be selected for implementation.

I got an offer for a third position about 1-2 weeks after the interview process. Don't be surprised or offended if you end up in another position you didn't initially apply for. They do a good job of matching candidates up with jobs that will be the most mutually beneficial, and I'm kinda glad I didn't end up a project manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They have ranges for each role and you'll get something in the range based on your interview process scores and background.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Was contacted by EPIC from my resume on career builder. Flown out to Madison, WI to interview at headquarters. Interviews and exercises lasted almost all day. Many other candidates were there from all different backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • If you are the Project Manager and everyone on your team disagrees with one of your decision, what do you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Was flown out and put in a hotel, which was pretty nice of them. However, the interview was a joke. Came in and found out there were 8 other people interviewing for the same position that I had to spend the entire day with. They take you on a tour of their overly nice campus that looks like something from Star Trek. Then you have to take a test on computer code, regardless of the position you are applying for. The interview itself is based on all the qualities you don't have and has nothing to do with your strengths or experiences.

Project Manager Interview

See below posts. Quite a few details have been listed below. You can also find a few interview questions if you look hard! Interview process is friendly but detailed in nature.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2012.

Feel like a number. Very corporate. Hiring like mad.
    Unnecessary testing for logic.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you participate in meetings percentage wise? What would you do if you are a leader and your team doesnt support your decision? Vice versa   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2012.

First a phone interview and a basic skills assessment.

For the second round, it was a full-day affair in Wisconsin including several rounds of informational interviews, and a tour of the campus.

Then a combination written and spoken skills interview outlining approaches to basic scenarios with a project manager.

Then, there was a mock pitch of a topic of your choice in front of a small group (3-4). This was expected to be prepared in advance and delivered without presentation aids.

Finally, a wrap-up behavioral interview with an HR representative.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not particularly difficult or unexpected. Generally along the lines of, "Here are three clients with specific situations. How would you prioritize and address all three clients?"   Answer Question