Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an on-site interview. The onsite was an 8 hour day meeting with people in the current position, HR reps, and eventually making a 15 minute presentation on something you enjoy. The whole day was pretty taxing, but EPIC is a rather demanding company. The interview fit the job requirements and expectations. A campus tour was included, and I had a chance to eat lunch with some employees currently in the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick interview process. Phone call with call back 2 weeks later for campus interview. Campus interview took around 8 hours including lunch and tour. There was a situational component where they asked what you would do in x, y, and z... They had you give a brief presentation. Then it was a one on one with HR.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

First I had to enter my information on the Epic website. I was then instructed to take this online exam. Exam takes a few hours, but I had technical difficulties so the entire process ended up taking close to five hours. It had a verbal reasoning like section, a math section, and then a coding section. Afterwards, a phone interview was then setup. The interview itself takes abut 30 minutes, give or take.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of you showing leadership skill? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

The interview was so much fun! I really enjoyed being on the campus and learning about the position. The interview process was tiring, but extremely enjoyable. Everyone I met there was creative and intelligent - it was such a pleasure to meet so many wonderful people. I could really see myself being happy working with the people I met. I really enjoyed my experience and will recommend interviewing at Epic to my friends.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was the presentation. I was nervous and the employees in the room weren't allowed to show any emotion. They didn't ask me many questions in this portion, either. I think it depends who you get in your session. My HR interviewer also asked me questions like "How much do you speak in group projects" and wanted an exact number, which is very difficult to give. Overall, it was a challenging but very fun experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Didn't get the on-site. I guess I didn't pass the assessment. It was pretty difficult, especially the programming section. I had no experience with programming. I did do a phone interview and was told to wait to hear back further. Maybe a week later, I heard back that I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI).

Interview

Straightforward and simple - I started a month after my initial application. It was a lovely interview - even with weather delays to my flight, they went out of their way to take care of me.

Interview Questions

• All were straightforward, but required adaptability and focus.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Responses to emails were made in a timely manner and make themselves available to respond to any questions you have. I really enjoyed my phone interview. Most of the interview was consumed by a description of the company and small talk, but I think there were sufficient interview questions were asked. I think they have a huge preference for hiring very young people, right out of college, and have a high turnover rate so be aware that they are constantly interviewing people.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI).

Interview

The reviews on here are all very accurate and helpful when entering Epic's hiring process. I initially applied online (very easy application- pretty much just upload your resume). After a few days, I was contacted to set up a 30min phone interview with a Project Manager. During the phone interview, we talked about my resume and experiences, the project manager position and what it entails, and then the remainder of the time was for any questions that I had. After the phone interview, I was contacted to do online assessments which took about 2 hours to complete via a Proctor website. Then I was contacted to come in to Epic for an in-person interview. Onsite I had 2 interviews (1 with a project manager and 1 with an HR Recruiter), a case study, and gave a short presentation on whatever topic I desired. In addition, we were given a demo of the software, a tour of the campus, and lunch. If you read these reviews, prepare for your presentation, and have a good attitude, the day will be fine! Everyone I met was very nice and friendly and I enjoyed the day (although it got pretty tiring by the end). Good luck!

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online in April 2012 at this company before graduating college because I was unsure of what I wanted to do. I submitted my application and within a few days heard from someone in HR. There was an initial phone interview, and then within a week or two, they had me lined up to fly to Madison for an in-person interview. Their campus was beautiful, and it was a fun day full of interviews with multiple people in multiple situations. I took a test (must have been math of some sort?) in one of their testing labs. I gave a 10 minute presentation over something that interested me. However, by the end of the day, I could tell that this was not the company I wanted to work for and not the job I desired to do.

Interview Questions

• Nothing overly difficult--very similar to other technical interviews I have had.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Initial phone interview was typical, and went well. They asked the normal questions: How did you hear about us? What would make you a good fit here? What interests you in working here? and then there was room for my own questions, which you should definitely have a few to ask in order to take up the expected 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• The skills assessment was difficult, they say you can't study for it, but that's a lie. If I could go back I'd brush up on specific proper grammar usage, and my algebra. A well as trying to solve these problems as quickly as possible as there is a time limited portion.   Answer Question