Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.1

138 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Didn't get the on-site. I guess I didn't pass the assessment. It was pretty difficult, especially the programming section. I had no experience with programming. I did do a phone interview and was told to wait to hear back further. Maybe a week later, I heard back that I didn't get an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2009.

The interview process was straight forward and well executed. After a short phone interview and personality test, I took some written assessments. After those were scored, I was invited on site to an interview, which lasted an entire day. They tell you everything you need to know so just pay attention and plan accordingly. Even if I didn't get an offer, I would still have considered the interview a positive experience because you get better at interviewing every time you do one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2010.

Be prepared to take a 2-hour long tests that are not related to the job descriptions

Project Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2010.

Phone interview, online IQ test, then got flown to WI. They had HUNDREDS of students there. Campus is nice but it seemed like a facade as they had a high turnover rate. Had 3 1:1 interviews than a 10 minute presentation. Overall - what a f**** hassle for nothing.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2010.

Was approached through Monster.com, and submitted an application through the company website. A few weeks later received an e-mail from which a phone interview was scheduled. The interviewer was evidently fresh out of college, and what he was able to tell me about the company itself was vague. A skills assessment was sent to my local library, and I hate to think that they base who gets invited to the campus on this! The obvious reasoning behind this examination was to see if the prospective employee could "think outside the box", but the whole thing was filled with the same sort of brain teasers one comes across in standardized tests in many fields. If one were *really* thinking outside the box, it couldn't be measured through such a test. I sorely regret that they didn't give me the chance to speak with anyone face-to-face.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2011.

I applied at a college career fair and had a phone interview a week later. Loooong after the phone interview I was notified that I would get to take a test consisting of some brainteasers and a programming test. It took three whole months and I did not pass their silly test (which is odd because the test was EASY). The entire process is so long and drawn out and pointless that in the end their company is probably full of leftovers who could not get a better job offer before graduation. Everyone I communicated with was extremely unprofessional, probably overworked, and came from some sort of arts major. The entire interview process makes you feel like cattle and I feel bad for the people who end up accepting Epic's offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2010.

I initially applied online via Monster.com. A couple of weeks later, I received a phone call from a recruiter who scheduled a brief phone interview. For the initial phone interview, it consisted of basic bahavioral quesitons, why I was looking to move jobs, my experiences and education, all the standard stuff. The next step was for me to go to a testing center to take two assessments: The first was a language assessment ot test reading comprehension, grammar and style, The second assessment was basic programming problems. The point was not to see if you could program but if your reading comprehension was high enough that you could catch on to the basic gist of it...if you could be taught, so to speak. I even randomly guessed on the last few and apparently did well enough to be selected for a site visit to their headquarters in Madison.

I arrived late the night before due to Airline problems, so I was not able to join in the dinner with current employees. In the morning when I arrived (and the cab driver was telling us about how they have about a zillion candidates come through every day), I was given a group tour of their campuses (which are pretty cool, but could definitely do without the "StarWars and Space" themes. We were told ahead of time that we would have to give a 10 minute presentation to a small panel and that no computer assistance would be allowed. I made sure to pick a topic that I knew I could talk for 10 minutes without running out of things to say and that I could answer any and all questions. I also brought just some personal photos to go along, and to help the panel to visualize what I was talking about. They definitely seemed impressed.

There was also a situational assessment where I was given 10 minutes to study a work situation and then tell the interviewer how you would (behaviorally) go about solving this problem if it were your real-life siation. Stressing customer service and professionalism seemed to be the ticket. There was also a 1:1 interview, again behavioral in nature where you are given the leeway to emphasize your strenghts and weaknesses and why yould be a good fit. Etc.

Interview Questions

Though the salary was excellent, especially if you were only coming out of undergrad ( I already have my MBA), I didn't feel like a cross-country move was going to be beneficial to me in a company where you are a number, not a name, and there is little to no chance for upward mobility. It's almost like a puppy mill for students out of college. I also wasn't sure how sound their corporate strategy could be only focusing on hospital and large clinic settings--they don't seem to have any vision beyond that and the owner of the company is really only accountable to herself and a limited number of shareholders.

It definitely was a bit awkward to be paraded around with maybe 100 candidates on the same day, especially since you aren't told that up front and the fact that they have to do so constantly should be a bit alarming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

I just posted my incredibly qualified resume on careerbuilder and an HR recruiter from EPIC emailed me about a financial analyst position. After calling the HR recruiter he said that my skills and qualifications would be better as a project manager. I was instructed to take an IQ/personality test through some other company. I passed that test and got a phone interview about a week later. Very basic phone interview by some HR clown. I then got invited to Madison for a day of extensive job interviews. I had to prepare a 10 minute presentation with no powerpoint allowed. They paid for all food and travel which was very nice. Interview process was pretty hard in Madison, we got a tour, talked to individuals who currently have the job we are applying for. I then got a case study interview, in person interview, gave my presentation, ate lunch with an employee and finally had to take even more tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2010.

First you take a really long ACT style test to find out if you are smart enough for an on-site interview. If you receive an on-site interview, Epic will put you up in the Hilton and then you will tour the facility. This position required a 10 minute presentation, a one on one interview with someone in HR, and a role-play type scenario.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2010.

The process began with an online personality test, after which I had a phone interview. I was invited to campus for a one-on-one interview, an overview of the software program, tour of the campus, etc. I was given three written tests (SAT style). A couple weeks later I was invited back to campus for a second interview, presentation, and several casual meetings with Epic employees. A week and an half later i was offered a position.