Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI).

Interview

The reviews on here are all very accurate and helpful when entering Epic's hiring process. I initially applied online (very easy application- pretty much just upload your resume). After a few days, I was contacted to set up a 30min phone interview with a Project Manager. During the phone interview, we talked about my resume and experiences, the project manager position and what it entails, and then the remainder of the time was for any questions that I had. After the phone interview, I was contacted to do online assessments which took about 2 hours to complete via a Proctor website. Then I was contacted to come in to Epic for an in-person interview. Onsite I had 2 interviews (1 with a project manager and 1 with an HR Recruiter), a case study, and gave a short presentation on whatever topic I desired. In addition, we were given a demo of the software, a tour of the campus, and lunch. If you read these reviews, prepare for your presentation, and have a good attitude, the day will be fine! Everyone I met was very nice and friendly and I enjoyed the day (although it got pretty tiring by the end). Good luck!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

1. Preliminary Application 2. Rembrandt Profile 3. Phone Interview 4. Skills Assessment 5. On-site Interview - Consists of a case-study interview, a 10-minute presentation, an interview with HR, a couple Q&A/ Demonstrations from Epic Staff. Epic's campus is absolutely amazing - the architecture is ridiculously nice, and the employees get to help decorate it. From what I have seen so far, the people are pretty young (35 year olds looked ancient), there is no dress code, the food in the cafeteria is amazing, and Madison/Verona are also awesome (in the summertime). The presentation wasn't too bad - everyone was nice and didn't try to mess you up. They really just want to get a feel for who you are as a person. So don't just be yourself - be your best self.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was exactly how everyone described it here on Glassdoor. If you pass the phone interview, then you'll be flown out to Madison to go through the intensive in person interview process. If you want a solid chance then you should really prepare for all of the questions mentioned on this website, be ready for the presentation, and most importantly, be yourself! (Well if being yourself means outgoing and enthusiastic). As far as the standardized tests, just do your best. I felt I nailed certain parts of the interview process, but I wasn't at the top of my game towards the tail end of the long day. I tried, but just couldn't pull it off after hours on end of standardized tests, tours, presentations, case studies, etc. And unfortunately for me, the last part was probably the most important part since I was interviewing 1 on 1 with the HRM who most likely made the final decision.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and well executed. After a short phone interview and personality test, I took some written assessments. After those were scored, I was invited on site to an interview, which lasted an entire day. They tell you everything you need to know so just pay attention and plan accordingly. Even if I didn't get an offer, I would still have considered the interview a positive experience because you get better at interviewing every time you do one.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2010.

Interview

Was approached through Monster.com, and submitted an application through the company website. A few weeks later received an e-mail from which a phone interview was scheduled. The interviewer was evidently fresh out of college, and what he was able to tell me about the company itself was vague. A skills assessment was sent to my local library, and I hate to think that they base who gets invited to the campus on this! The obvious reasoning behind this examination was to see if the prospective employee could "think outside the box", but the whole thing was filled with the same sort of brain teasers one comes across in standardized tests in many fields. If one were *really* thinking outside the box, it couldn't be measured through such a test. I sorely regret that they didn't give me the chance to speak with anyone face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• What were your SAT scores?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied at a college career fair and had a phone interview a week later. Loooong after the phone interview I was notified that I would get to take a test consisting of some brainteasers and a programming test. It took three whole months and I did not pass their silly test (which is odd because the test was EASY). The entire process is so long and drawn out and pointless that in the end their company is probably full of leftovers who could not get a better job offer before graduation. Everyone I communicated with was extremely unprofessional, probably overworked, and came from some sort of arts major. The entire interview process makes you feel like cattle and I feel bad for the people who end up accepting Epic's offers.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter saying they found my resume on Monster.com. I applied online, and took a Rembrandt profile (personality test). About a week or so later, I received an email saying they would like to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about a half hour, 10 of which the recruiter asked me questions, and 20 of which I asked him questions. A week later I received another email asking me to go on-site to Madison. The company flew me out all-expenses paid the day before my actual interview and I stayed at the Madison Concourse Hotel. I had dinner with an Epic employee and other interview candidates and then we walked around Madison afterwards. The next day was very long and consisted of a tour of the campus, a software demo, a case study/interview, a 10 minute presentation, lunch on campus with an employee and 2 other interviewees, a 1-1 interview with HR and finally skills assessment tests. Everyone there was very nice and young and the campus was gorgeous. I finished my skills assessment tests in about 2 hours and showed myself out to HR. I received a phone call from Epic a week after informing me that I did not get an offer. Overall the process was well organized, but very very long and tedious.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • Name 5 things that do not describe you   Answer Question
    • Situational questions regarding the job (If you were for project A but your whole team was for project B, what would you do?)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

The process began with an online personality test, after which I had a phone interview. I was invited to campus for a one-on-one interview, an overview of the software program, tour of the campus, etc. I was given three written tests (SAT style). A couple weeks later I was invited back to campus for a second interview, presentation, and several casual meetings with Epic employees. A week and an half later i was offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

First you take a really long ACT style test to find out if you are smart enough for an on-site interview. If you receive an on-site interview, Epic will put you up in the Hilton and then you will tour the facility. This position required a 10 minute presentation, a one on one interview with someone in HR, and a role-play type scenario.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

I initially applied online via Monster.com. A couple of weeks later, I received a phone call from a recruiter who scheduled a brief phone interview. For the initial phone interview, it consisted of basic bahavioral quesitons, why I was looking to move jobs, my experiences and education, all the standard stuff. The next step was for me to go to a testing center to take two assessments: The first was a language assessment ot test reading comprehension, grammar and style, The second assessment was basic programming problems. The point was not to see if you could program but if your reading comprehension was high enough that you could catch on to the basic gist of it...if you could be taught, so to speak. I even randomly guessed on the last few and apparently did well enough to be selected for a site visit to their headquarters in Madison. I arrived late the night before due to Airline problems, so I was not able to join in the dinner with current employees. In the morning when I arrived (and the cab driver was telling us about how they have about a zillion candidates come through every day), I was given a group tour of their campuses (which are pretty cool, but could definitely do without the "StarWars and Space" themes. We were told ahead of time that we would have to give a 10 minute presentation to a small panel and that no computer assistance would be allowed. I made sure to pick a topic that I knew I could talk for 10 minutes without running out of things to say and that I could answer any and all questions. I also brought just some personal photos to go along, and to help the panel to visualize what I was talking about. They definitely seemed impressed. There was also a situational assessment where I was given 10 minutes to study a work situation and then tell the interviewer how you would (behaviorally) go about solving this problem if it were your real-life siation. Stressing customer service and professionalism seemed to be the ticket. There was also a 1:1 interview, again behavioral in nature where you are given the leeway to emphasize your strenghts and weaknesses and why yould be a good fit. Etc.

Interview Questions

Though the salary was excellent, especially if you were only coming out of undergrad ( I already have my MBA), I didn't feel like a cross-country move was going to be beneficial to me in a company where you are a number, not a name, and there is little to no chance for upward mobility. It's almost like a puppy mill for students out of college. I also wasn't sure how sound their corporate strategy could be only focusing on hospital and large clinic settings--they don't seem to have any vision beyond that and the owner of the company is really only accountable to herself and a limited number of shareholders. It definitely was a bit awkward to be paraded around with maybe 100 candidates on the same day, especially since you aren't told that up front and the fact that they have to do so constantly should be a bit alarming.