Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

3.1

136 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2009.

Multiple interviews with multiple people. Includes giving a presentation and taking a personality test and an IQ test.

Interview Questions
  • One of the people watching my presentation was "the grumpy/disagreeable one" to see how I handled that sort of obstacle.   Answer Question
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Project Manager Interview

I don't know how they afford to fly you out to Wisconsin, but if you get far enough into the process they do. A non-technical skill assessment test and a personality test are prerequisites

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Many steps to the interview process, long wait time in between. After application, there's a personality test, e-mail interview a few weeks later, phone interview a few weeks after that, skills assessment a few weeks after that and a response a couple weeks later. Whole process took ~2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Switched to a different position in the middle of the process. Had to answer questions about a position I didn't apply for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

So far, I have had a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • I actually haven't come across anything that has totally caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I was contacted via e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 30 minutes, and we mostly just discussed my resume experience and what the position entailed. After the phone interview, i was asked to take a proctored skills test consisting of a language, math, and programming section. The test problems were logic-based and not very representative of math/verbal skills as much as they were of aptitude.

Interview Questions
    • What technical computer skills were you required to use in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Full day interview process in Madison, WI. Only apply if you are truly interested in the position because it really is a long, tiring process. I think I was there from 9 to 5. You interview with an HR person and several current employees, including a current project manager. There are also given times where you take tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Originally applied for Project Manager, but they decided to have me additionally interview for a recruiting position, without my knowledge. After a quick, friendly Skype interview, they flew me out to the campus in Madison. It was a day-long interview, with many informal meetings. The oddest part was that they seemed to pair everyone together, perhaps to create some tension and give each person a chance to showcase their competitive drive. I think that I had two interviews with another girl: Interviewer would ask a question, other girl would answer and then I would answer. Also, we had to give a 10-minute presentation on anything that we wanted and you were not allowed to use a PowerPoint presentation. They grill you with questions during and after, but as long as you are talking about something you know a lot about, it should be no issue.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was completely off the wall from what I remember. I do recall there being a few oddball personality questions, like, "If you could be a breakfast cereal, which one would you be?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2012.

Was referred by a friend. HR person contacted me and set up phone interview. Phone interview was pretty chill. Then got set up to go to Madison for in person interviews. Stayed at nice hotel and had dinner with an employee. Got tours of the campus, etc. Advice - be sure to prepare for presentation.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The interview process began when I was contacted by an Epic recruiter who asked me to apply for a position with the company. After submitting a resume and cover letter on the company website (not for a specific position) I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interviewer simply asked me to describe my resume in more detail. Then I was given a personality test that I found to be very convoluted, which I find typical of personality tests. The last step that I participated in before being told that I was not selected to continue on in the process was a 2 to 3 hour proctored exam that included programming, grammar, logic and math. This process took a total of three weeks.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I was contacted via a recruiter for another position (keeping the details somewhat vague so I don't out myself). After applying I was switched to a project manager candidate. Standard process:
    1 - Phone interview which went decent
    2 - Proctored testing. The programming test isn't really programming heavy, most of the tests are just logic related.
    3 - In person interviews. There were about 4-5 interviews I think, a presentation, software demo, tour. Hotel was awesome, and the dinner was cool. Most people you meet will be pretty socially awkward, get used to it. The exception is project managers. If you aren't very outgoing and extraverted you probably won't be selected for implementation.

I got an offer for a third position about 1-2 weeks after the interview process. Don't be surprised or offended if you end up in another position you didn't initially apply for. They do a good job of matching candidates up with jobs that will be the most mutually beneficial, and I'm kinda glad I didn't end up a project manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They have ranges for each role and you'll get something in the range based on your interview process scores and background.