Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Average Difficulty
134 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Many steps to the interview process, long wait time in between. After application, there's a personality test, e-mail interview a few weeks later, phone interview a few weeks after that, skills assessment a few weeks after that and a response a couple weeks later. Whole process took ~2 months.

Interview Question – Switched to a different position in the middle of the process. Had to answer questions about a position I didn't apply for.   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – So far, I have had a phone interview.

Interview Question – I actually haven't come across anything that has totally caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – I was contacted via e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 30 minutes, and we mostly just discussed my resume experience and what the position entailed. After the phone interview, i was asked to take a proctored skills test consisting of a language, math, and programming section. The test problems were logic-based and not very representative of math/verbal skills as much as they were of aptitude.

Interview Question – What technical computer skills were you required to use in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Full day interview process in Madison, WI. Only apply if you are truly interested in the position because it really is a long, tiring process. I think I was there from 9 to 5. You interview with an HR person and several current employees, including a current project manager. There are also given times where you take tests.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Madison, WI

Interview Details – Originally applied for Project Manager, but they decided to have me additionally interview for a recruiting position, without my knowledge. After a quick, friendly Skype interview, they flew me out to the campus in Madison. It was a day-long interview, with many informal meetings. The oddest part was that they seemed to pair everyone together, perhaps to create some tension and give each person a chance to showcase their competitive drive. I think that I had two interviews with another girl: Interviewer would ask a question, other girl would answer and then I would answer. Also, we had to give a 10-minute presentation on anything that we wanted and you were not allowed to use a PowerPoint presentation. They grill you with questions during and after, but as long as you are talking about something you know a lot about, it should be no issue.

Interview Question – Nothing was completely off the wall from what I remember. I do recall there being a few oddball personality questions, like, "If you could be a breakfast cereal, which one would you be?"   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend. HR person contacted me and set up phone interview. Phone interview was pretty chill. Then got set up to go to Madison for in person interviews. Stayed at nice hotel and had dinner with an employee. Got tours of the campus, etc. Advice - be sure to prepare for presentation.

Interview Question – List your 5 biggest weaknesses   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – The interview process began when I was contacted by an Epic recruiter who asked me to apply for a position with the company. After submitting a resume and cover letter on the company website (not for a specific position) I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interviewer simply asked me to describe my resume in more detail. Then I was given a personality test that I found to be very convoluted, which I find typical of personality tests. The last step that I participated in before being told that I was not selected to continue on in the process was a 2 to 3 hour proctored exam that included programming, grammar, logic and math. This process took a total of three weeks.

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – I was contacted via a recruiter for another position (keeping the details somewhat vague so I don't out myself). After applying I was switched to a project manager candidate. Standard process:
1 - Phone interview which went decent
2 - Proctored testing. The programming test isn't really programming heavy, most of the tests are just logic related.
3 - In person interviews. There were about 4-5 interviews I think, a presentation, software demo, tour. Hotel was awesome, and the dinner was cool. Most people you meet will be pretty socially awkward, get used to it. The exception is project managers. If you aren't very outgoing and extraverted you probably won't be selected for implementation.

I got an offer for a third position about 1-2 weeks after the interview process. Don't be surprised or offended if you end up in another position you didn't initially apply for. They do a good job of matching candidates up with jobs that will be the most mutually beneficial, and I'm kinda glad I didn't end up a project manager.

Interview Question – What would you do with a million dollars?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They have ranges for each role and you'll get something in the range based on your interview process scores and background.

Project Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Was contacted by EPIC from my resume on career builder. Flown out to Madison, WI to interview at headquarters. Interviews and exercises lasted almost all day. Many other candidates were there from all different backgrounds.

Interview Question – If you are the Project Manager and everyone on your team disagrees with one of your decision, what do you do?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – Was flown out and put in a hotel, which was pretty nice of them. However, the interview was a joke. Came in and found out there were 8 other people interviewing for the same position that I had to spend the entire day with. They take you on a tour of their overly nice campus that looks like something from Star Trek. Then you have to take a test on computer code, regardless of the position you are applying for. The interview itself is based on all the qualities you don't have and has nothing to do with your strengths or experiences.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you didn't make a customer happy.   Answer Question