Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

3.1

136 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2012.

Epic contacted me since I had been recommended to them. I submitted my resume and a brief cover letter. Then they asked me to complete an online profile and personality test and a basic skills test for math, critical reading/grammar, and coding. I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes that was very informal. Finally, they flew me out to WI for an in-person interview that lasted all day, including a tour of the campus and software, a 10-minute presentation by me, and interviews with several Epic employees. Overall, the process preceding the in-person interview is quite lengthy but not very difficult. The in-person interview is much more demanding.

Interview Questions
  • "Name 5 things that you are not."

This was a weird question in my opinion. I am used to answering strength/weakness questions, but it makes more sense to ask someone to describe him/herself using positive characteristics. I ended up answering this by thinking of qualities that describe me and saying that I am not the opposite of those. For example, I am a punctual person, so I said that I am not comfortable being late.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Project Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2011.

I applied to Epic through my college's career website and was emailed to schedule a video interview about a week later. The video interview was with a recruiter and seemed more awkward than a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice, however, and asked me basic questions about my resume, what kind of job I would like at Epic (between Project Manager/Recruiter) and told me more about the company. I was then invited to come to Madison two weeks later for a final round interview. The final round interview consisted of a case study, presentation, three intelligence tests, and a personal interview. I did not receive an offer and was informed via phone call about two weeks after my on-site interview. The experience was okay, but I am not upset that I wasn't given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name five words that do not describe you   View Answer
    • How often do you take a leadership role when working with a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2012.

1st round: Epic HR e-mailed to schedule for a phone interview -which went really smoothly.
    2nd round: Computerized test: The first half of the test was similar to the GRE quant questions, The second half was all programing, and I think I did horribly hence did not receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2012.

I read over every single post prior to interviewing with Epic and the reviews are spot on! Let me start by saying the interviewing process is intense but well worth it even if you are not extended an offer. Once you have gone through their process you are prepared to take on any interview.

Tips and advice:

1. Don't stress about the presentation! You are in a room with three very friendly and engaging people. Don't try and dazzle them with your software or management knowledge and experience but rather present to them on something you enjoy and are extremely knowledeable. There were people presenting on zombies who got an offer so, as I said, don't fret about the topic just focus on your presentation skills. **Bring props!**

2. If you dislike standardized tests, you are in for a treat! I am personally not bad at standardized tests as I have taken the LSAT and scored quite well on it. I am, however, terrible at tests where I have no time to prepare for them. They are not basic math problems but rather quite tricky Math and English questions. You might wonder how English/ reaidng comprehension questions could be challanging- but they are!

3. Don't bank on an offer. They fly 85% of their candidates out to Madison, so it doesn't mean they are very serious about you. Im surprised they can afford to spend that kind of money on applicants. You will be up against students from top schools such as Harvard and Stanford, so in my eyes its not the end of the world if you don't get an offer. Go learn about Epic, do your best, and HAVE FUN!

I thought I was quite a strong candidate with having a high GPA and experience with 2 fortune 100 companies, but they are looking for something very specific- I couldn't tell you what. I don't think anyone but HR really knows.

**If you are up for a challange and you are ready to accept a job that requires you to work 60+ hours a week for only 60 grand this is the place for you! The average time a Project Manager stays with the company is about 2 years as they burn out quite quickly. You get a lot of experience under your belt quite fast but this is not a place to settle down with but rather a stepping stone into getting a position with a company like Cisco or HP.

Interview Questions
    • Name 5 things you are not. (Related to professional life not personal)   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a Doctor who has a lot of experience and is resistant to learning the new technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2011.

I was called by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then was flown to WI for a 2-day interview. I had a dinner with current employees which was helpful to be able to talk to them in a relatively stress-free environment.

Interview Questions
    • Analytical, math, writing and personality tests. I was also told to prepare a PowerPoint presentation that I needed to present to a room of about 7 people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2010.

A recruiter contacted me which lead to an initial phone interview. She immediately invited me to the campus for an interview. They flew me out to Madison, and I was there for a couple of days. There was an informal dinner the night before the interview with a group of recruits and a current employee.
    The next day, they sent a taxi to drive a group of us to the campus. We attended a presentation where they explained their software and more details about the company. They gave us a tour of the campus (amazing), and had lunch in the cafeteria with some current employees.
    After lunch, I had my first interview with a current project manager. It was mainly a case analysis, and I was asked to give my opinion on what I would do if I was the project manager in the given situation. I was given 10-15 minutes to read over the case and organize my thoughts. I then had to discuss my reasoning with the interviewer.
    After the case study, I had to give a presentation to a group. I was also interviewing for a "teaching role", so my presentation had to be 20 minutes long, and it could be about anything I wanted. I just had to teach the group something.
    After the presentation, I had another interview. It was more traditional, focused on behavioral based questions. It lasted maybe 20-30 minutes.
    After that interview, I had to take an IQ test.
    After that, they called a taxi, and I was driven to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • There was a case study that I was not prepared as much as I should have been.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2012.

Overall I thought the process was very thorough. The initial personality profile was interesting and pretty straight forward. The next step of a phone interview consisted of pretty basic questions with a current project manager. The programming test was a little difficult. I'd recommend brushing up on some basic math!

Interview Questions
    • I thought the programming test was a bit difficult. In a way it was similar to the math section of the GRE.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Personality and skills assessment, followed by phone interview. Scheduling the onsite interview was easy and they were very accommodating based on your current work schedule. On site interview was laid out well and everyone was nice throughout the process. It can be a long day if you are interviewing for more than one position.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2014.

The whole process took about a month. Phone interview, skills assessment, then on-site interview. It took me about 1.5 hours to complete the skills assessment, which included logic questions. It somewhat reminded me of SATs, GRE...etc. The on-site interview took about 6 hours; everything very well-planned and organized. Make sure to take the gummy bears or chocolate covered pretzels during the interview. Sugar boost.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2013.

I heard about the job at a college job fair and after handing in my CV was asked to apply online. The online application was the typical fill in your experience history with two short essay questions. I was asked to a logic/personality test too. I was contacted to schedule an interview two days after I submitted my application. The phone interview was very relaxed and ran like a casual conversation. Typical "why do you think you would be the right fit for this job?" questions, nothing surprising.