Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Average Difficulty
134 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Madison, WI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – I just posted my incredibly qualified resume on careerbuilder and an HR recruiter from EPIC emailed me about a financial analyst position. After calling the HR recruiter he said that my skills and qualifications would be better as a project manager. I was instructed to take an IQ/personality test through some other company. I passed that test and got a phone interview about a week later. Very basic phone interview by some HR clown. I then got invited to Madison for a day of extensive job interviews. I had to prepare a 10 minute presentation with no powerpoint allowed. They paid for all food and travel which was very nice. Interview process was pretty hard in Madison, we got a tour, talked to individuals who currently have the job we are applying for. I then got a case study interview, in person interview, gave my presentation, ate lunch with an employee and finally had to take even more tests.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Madison, WI

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied at a college career fair and had a phone interview a week later. Loooong after the phone interview I was notified that I would get to take a test consisting of some brainteasers and a programming test. It took three whole months and I did not pass their silly test (which is odd because the test was EASY). The entire process is so long and drawn out and pointless that in the end their company is probably full of leftovers who could not get a better job offer before graduation. Everyone I communicated with was extremely unprofessional, probably overworked, and came from some sort of arts major. The entire interview process makes you feel like cattle and I feel bad for the people who end up accepting Epic's offers.

Interview Question – Why Epic?   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2010.

Interview Details – Be prepared to take a 2-hour long tests that are not related to the job descriptions

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email from a recruiter saying they found my resume on Monster.com. I applied online, and took a Rembrandt profile (personality test). About a week or so later, I received an email saying they would like to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about a half hour, 10 of which the recruiter asked me questions, and 20 of which I asked him questions. A week later I received another email asking me to go on-site to Madison. The company flew me out all-expenses paid the day before my actual interview and I stayed at the Madison Concourse Hotel. I had dinner with an Epic employee and other interview candidates and then we walked around Madison afterwards. The next day was very long and consisted of a tour of the campus, a software demo, a case study/interview, a 10 minute presentation, lunch on campus with an employee and 2 other interviewees, a 1-1 interview with HR and finally skills assessment tests. Everyone there was very nice and young and the campus was gorgeous. I finished my skills assessment tests in about 2 hours and showed myself out to HR. I received a phone call from Epic a week after informing me that I did not get an offer. Overall the process was well organized, but very very long and tedious.

Verona, WI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2010.

Interview Details – The process began with an online personality test, after which I had a phone interview. I was invited to campus for a one-on-one interview, an overview of the software program, tour of the campus, etc. I was given three written tests (SAT style). A couple weeks later I was invited back to campus for a second interview, presentation, and several casual meetings with Epic employees. A week and an half later i was offered a position.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 to 10, how critical are you?   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2009.

Interview Details – Met Epic at my university's career fair. Seemed like a pretty neat company. I gave them my resume and I got an email a week later saying they'd like to set up a phone interview, which was short and really easy. Then i had to take a skill-assessment test, which was harder than i thought it'd be, but apparently I did well cause i got an on-site interview. Haven't done that yet, but i'm preparing a 10 min presentation for it. Hopefully it goes well.

Interview Question – When was the last time you made a big impact in a leadership role?   Answer Question

Project Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2009.

Interview Details – Epic recruited at my undergraduate business school. However, no interviews were conducted on campus. After collecting my resume at the career fair, I was invited to take an online aptitude test. After the completion of this test, I was contacted by HR to schedule a "phone interview." This was not an interview at all, but rather a 15 min conversation with a current employee in the same position describing what the job entailed. After this, I was asked if I was still interested in the position and then invited to an on-site interview at the headquarters in Wisconsin.

For the onsite interview, I flew in the day before and stayed at a nice hotel at the company's expense. That night I also went out to dinner with a current employee to talk about the position and see the city. Early the next morning, I went to the campus. First we got a quick tour of the building, got a short demo of the software, and then was given a math, english, and programing test. Following this, I conducted a case interview. Next, I was required to deliver a 10 min presentation I had prepared ahead of time to 5 employees, then lunch at the campus. Following this was a short interview with someone in HR.

Interview Question – Interview questions tended to be behavioral, pretty much same-old from every other interview you've had. A few "trick" questions in the testing, but if you're bright enough to get an offer you should get most or all of them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company has received mixed reviews to work for, and the position I was offered was outside of my real interests. Appears to be little room to advance or move within the company as well, but hard to say without working there.

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview - easy
Personality/Skills tests - easy.
Got offer to fly to Madison, WI.
Flew there for 2 days, 1 night
On the day I was there, an employee took us to dinner.
Then the next day about 50+ prospectives were herded to HQ for 2-3 interviews, 1 case study (just behavioral, no math), 1 presentation, info sessions. I did badly on the 10-min presentation I think, which had 3 people watching. One guy just smirked at me the whole time. Then the HR person took me to her office to ask a series of trick/behavior questions.
Followed up promptly in 2 weeks and told me I was rejected :\

Pros: followed up fast, nice campus, good food
Cons: taxi driver said Epic brings in 50+ people to interview A DAY 5 days/wk (seems more like herding cattle), rather tedious interview process....:P...a lot of work to miss 3 days of class, presentation prep....

Interview Question – Five words to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – I actually applied back in September 2009 and was not accepted for an interview. I then was contacted by a recruiter and re-applied for the position. I then had a phone interview with a very friendly, personable and informative woman. She is a PM and seems to LOVE Epic. She warned me about the long hours and the travelling, but the benefits outweigh the negatives. It seemed as if she was trying to sell the company to me, when I already did my research and knew I wanted to work for it! I mean... why else would I apply? The phone interview was basic, talked about my resume, and a couple of personal experiences. Asked me about my "gap" in employment (it was only a month and only because I needed to find an internship to finish my Master's). I was definitely not expecting the SAT question... because it seems like that was years ago! I got the "where do you see yourself in 5 years" which is standard. The interviewer was extremely friendly though, which in terms of interviews, is very calming. Even after reading reviews about the interview and about Epic, I am still excited about the position and hopefully I will be able to get the call back to come to Wisconsin.

There are some question/concerns that after readying the posts I am concerned with. I have a learning disability that, although I have an average GPA, affects my exam/test taking. How do they factor the learning disability into their exams/tests? Hopefully I'll get that second on-campus interview to get my answer!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
  • What were your SAT score/GRE scores? Average GPA in both Grad and Undergrad?   Answer Question
  • Why was there a gap in your employment?   View Answer
  • Have you been applying to other jobs? Heard from any?   View Answer

Project Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had an interview on campus and then they had me take a personality test. I had the phone interview and that was it. Over all I thought the process was typical. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you look for in a company? Standard Questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question