Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.1

138 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The interview process began when I was contacted by an Epic recruiter who asked me to apply for a position with the company. After submitting a resume and cover letter on the company website (not for a specific position) I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interviewer simply asked me to describe my resume in more detail. Then I was given a personality test that I found to be very convoluted, which I find typical of personality tests. The last step that I participated in before being told that I was not selected to continue on in the process was a 2 to 3 hour proctored exam that included programming, grammar, logic and math. This process took a total of three weeks.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I was contacted via a recruiter for another position (keeping the details somewhat vague so I don't out myself). After applying I was switched to a project manager candidate. Standard process:
    1 - Phone interview which went decent
    2 - Proctored testing. The programming test isn't really programming heavy, most of the tests are just logic related.
    3 - In person interviews. There were about 4-5 interviews I think, a presentation, software demo, tour. Hotel was awesome, and the dinner was cool. Most people you meet will be pretty socially awkward, get used to it. The exception is project managers. If you aren't very outgoing and extraverted you probably won't be selected for implementation.

I got an offer for a third position about 1-2 weeks after the interview process. Don't be surprised or offended if you end up in another position you didn't initially apply for. They do a good job of matching candidates up with jobs that will be the most mutually beneficial, and I'm kinda glad I didn't end up a project manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They have ranges for each role and you'll get something in the range based on your interview process scores and background.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Was contacted by EPIC from my resume on career builder. Flown out to Madison, WI to interview at headquarters. Interviews and exercises lasted almost all day. Many other candidates were there from all different backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • If you are the Project Manager and everyone on your team disagrees with one of your decision, what do you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Was flown out and put in a hotel, which was pretty nice of them. However, the interview was a joke. Came in and found out there were 8 other people interviewing for the same position that I had to spend the entire day with. They take you on a tour of their overly nice campus that looks like something from Star Trek. Then you have to take a test on computer code, regardless of the position you are applying for. The interview itself is based on all the qualities you don't have and has nothing to do with your strengths or experiences.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2012.

Feel like a number. Very corporate. Hiring like mad.
    Unnecessary testing for logic.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you participate in meetings percentage wise? What would you do if you are a leader and your team doesnt support your decision? Vice versa   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

Waste of a day even if I would have got the job. Get there at 8. Have a snack.(???????) Take a boring tour,; it was freezing out. Have some 23 year old HR bimbo ask you the typica HR questions. "Describe a time that was XYZ (cliche interpesonal or technical problem). Basically useless questions that put you on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I have two U.S. coins that when added together total fifty-five cents,
      but one is not a nickel. What two coins do I have?
        View Answer

Project Manager Interview

See below posts. Quite a few details have been listed below. You can also find a few interview questions if you look hard! Interview process is friendly but detailed in nature.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2011.

A friend of mine who works at Epic submitted my name through Epic's internal referral process. (I highly recommend this to anyone interested in working at Epic. Your contact will get a bonus for successful referrals, and you are four times more likely to get hired.)

I was emailed by someone in HR and sent links for online assessments and position application. About two weeks after completing all of that I had a phone interview. At the end of the interview the interviewer scheduled a day the following week for me to fly out to Madison and interview in person at their Verona campus.

The night before the interview I was taken to dinner by an Epic employee along with several other applicants. This was a chance to ask questions without worrying about the person being in HR. (Really this person does not make any hiring decisions, so try to relax a bit.)

The day of my interview I took a shuttle from the hotel to the main Epic campus with several other applicants. Once there we were given a tour by someone in HR and told all about Epic. The campus is really cool, so the tour was a lot of fun.

I was applying for both a project management and training position, so I was interviewed by a project manager and a trainer. I also gave a 20-minute presentation to an audience of four employees to showcase my presentation skills. The topic of the presentation was up to me.

After the interviews I took a number of written evaluations. I can't give any details about the evaluations, but I can say that they are quite challenging and there is really no way to study for them.

After completing the evaluations I had one more interview with someone in HR. That interview lasted about 20 minutes. After that I was able to take a self-guided tour of the campus before taking a taxi to the airport.

It took about two weeks to hear back on the job. When they offered me the job they told me how much the job paid. There was no pay negotiation, which was a relief. The amount offered was actually much higher than I would have asked for.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a customer analyst who was not completing assignments, what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but you really don't need it. The compensation is quite high.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Initial Phone interview: pretty easy just going over the basics of the job. Most people should be able to get this. After this was the Rembrandt test, also pretty easy. Like most have already said, the Skills Assessment can be pretty hard. Tip: work fast but not too fast to sacrifice accuracy.

Interview Questions
    • Be able to to answer logic problems. Can't really study for this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2012.

Epic contacted me since I had been recommended to them. I submitted my resume and a brief cover letter. Then they asked me to complete an online profile and personality test and a basic skills test for math, critical reading/grammar, and coding. I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes that was very informal. Finally, they flew me out to WI for an in-person interview that lasted all day, including a tour of the campus and software, a 10-minute presentation by me, and interviews with several Epic employees. Overall, the process preceding the in-person interview is quite lengthy but not very difficult. The in-person interview is much more demanding.

Interview Questions
    • "Name 5 things that you are not."

This was a weird question in my opinion. I am used to answering strength/weakness questions, but it makes more sense to ask someone to describe him/herself using positive characteristics. I ended up answering this by thinking of qualities that describe me and saying that I am not the opposite of those. For example, I am a punctual person, so I said that I am not comfortable being late.
        Answer Question