Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

135 interviews

3.1

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2011.

I've made it through 2/3 of the interview process. I applied online and then was contacted by Epic to do a personality/math test. Really easy math and the logic problems are about the only thing that take time. After I took the test, I had a really easy phone interview where I ended up asking more questions than the interviewer. Then was asked to set up a final interview day at Epic

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2011.

applied through college, did a personality test online, got a phone call for basic information screening, and flew to madison for the super day

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2011.

First, was contacted by a recruiter via Monster.com. From there, submitted application on their website. (Horribly buggy application form.)

Standard phone interview after that, asking pretty much 100% stuff that I'd already answered in the application. Definitely some questions that were getting at finding out my age.

From there, they flew me to Madison, for a day of on-site interviews, tours, etc. Had interview for two different positions. (One was 1:1, one was 2:1, the two being myself and another application with an interviewer.) Math/Verbal/Programming test, nothing terribly complicated.

Still waiting to hear on their final decision. (Which should come this week or next - they said two weeks.) When that happens, I'll update accordingly and flesh this out.)

Anonymous Employee  in  Madison Heights, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Asked very basic resume questions on the phone. Asked how I heard about epic, how much I am willing to travel, and if I would be willing to relocate to Madison.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2011.

The overall process was pretty intensive, as can be seen by what the interview consisted of. The company seems to be very relaxed and very youth-focused, which is what I really liked. The programming test was simply the worst, though. One of the people who sat in on my presentation wasn't one of the nicest people I ever met, though. It would've been great to work with Epic, but it is how it is. I got to fly out to Madison for free, so hey. Can't really complain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2011.

I first had a one on one interview and it went wonderfully. The man that interviewed me was extremely nice and was knowledgable of the company. I then promptly took a personailty test which consisted of various scenarios and how I would handle it. After that I had to complete a few forms online and another questionaire. I then had to wait 7-10 business days for a response. The next step in the interview process being flown to Madison and taking a logistics exam.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a point in time where you had to be assertive.   Answer Question
    • If you were the leader of a group of 4 others, all of them felt one way and you felt the other. Your deadline is that day, do you go with what you believe in or with majority?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2011.

EPIC is a great company to work for, but it's not for everyone.....If you're currently an undergrad and want to have a fun, fast start to your career (and don't mind living in Madison, WI) I'd highly recommend this company. The interview process won't seem strange at all if you're very inexperienced, as it will most likely be one of your first interview experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

I just posted my incredibly qualified resume on careerbuilder and an HR recruiter from EPIC emailed me about a financial analyst position. After calling the HR recruiter he said that my skills and qualifications would be better as a project manager. I was instructed to take an IQ/personality test through some other company. I passed that test and got a phone interview about a week later. Very basic phone interview by some HR clown. I then got invited to Madison for a day of extensive job interviews. I had to prepare a 10 minute presentation with no powerpoint allowed. They paid for all food and travel which was very nice. Interview process was pretty hard in Madison, we got a tour, talked to individuals who currently have the job we are applying for. I then got a case study interview, in person interview, gave my presentation, ate lunch with an employee and finally had to take even more tests.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2010.

I initially applied online via Monster.com. A couple of weeks later, I received a phone call from a recruiter who scheduled a brief phone interview. For the initial phone interview, it consisted of basic bahavioral quesitons, why I was looking to move jobs, my experiences and education, all the standard stuff. The next step was for me to go to a testing center to take two assessments: The first was a language assessment ot test reading comprehension, grammar and style, The second assessment was basic programming problems. The point was not to see if you could program but if your reading comprehension was high enough that you could catch on to the basic gist of it...if you could be taught, so to speak. I even randomly guessed on the last few and apparently did well enough to be selected for a site visit to their headquarters in Madison.

I arrived late the night before due to Airline problems, so I was not able to join in the dinner with current employees. In the morning when I arrived (and the cab driver was telling us about how they have about a zillion candidates come through every day), I was given a group tour of their campuses (which are pretty cool, but could definitely do without the "StarWars and Space" themes. We were told ahead of time that we would have to give a 10 minute presentation to a small panel and that no computer assistance would be allowed. I made sure to pick a topic that I knew I could talk for 10 minutes without running out of things to say and that I could answer any and all questions. I also brought just some personal photos to go along, and to help the panel to visualize what I was talking about. They definitely seemed impressed.

There was also a situational assessment where I was given 10 minutes to study a work situation and then tell the interviewer how you would (behaviorally) go about solving this problem if it were your real-life siation. Stressing customer service and professionalism seemed to be the ticket. There was also a 1:1 interview, again behavioral in nature where you are given the leeway to emphasize your strenghts and weaknesses and why yould be a good fit. Etc.

Interview Questions

Though the salary was excellent, especially if you were only coming out of undergrad ( I already have my MBA), I didn't feel like a cross-country move was going to be beneficial to me in a company where you are a number, not a name, and there is little to no chance for upward mobility. It's almost like a puppy mill for students out of college. I also wasn't sure how sound their corporate strategy could be only focusing on hospital and large clinic settings--they don't seem to have any vision beyond that and the owner of the company is really only accountable to herself and a limited number of shareholders.

It definitely was a bit awkward to be paraded around with maybe 100 candidates on the same day, especially since you aren't told that up front and the fact that they have to do so constantly should be a bit alarming.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

They seemed determined to have me interview even though I told the phone person the job sounded wrong for me. I drove to Madison, checked into a hotel where the desk person raved about Epic and Epic people. Spent the night, drove to the company and spent the next 7 hours getting told about Epic, interviewing, touring, etc. Oh, and taking ridiculous tests.