Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

The process is very straightforward, but a little lengthy. I initially submitted my application online for Project Manager. I was contacted within a few days to set-up a phone interview and do a Rembrandt questionnaire. Before the phone interview, I was asked to submit a timed writing sample. The prompt was given to me at the time of the testing. After finding out that I passed the tests and phone interview, I was contacted to set-up a proctored exam. Luckily, I was able to take it with students at my school. The test was pretty basic, logical reasoning problems, verbal and programming. Programming for me was an optional test. After I found out that I passed this portion, I was contacted to interview on site in Madison. The day of interviews is pretty intense and lengthy, but overall, it's a really positive experience. Be well-prepared for behavioral questions as well as follow-up questions. Some people have to give a presentation, but HR will let you know beforehand if that's necessary. If you are interested in a position other than the one they want to hire you for, make sure and let them know.

Interview Questions

• The presentation isn't difficult as you know about it beforehand and you get to pick the topic. Just make sure that you don't let your "audience" (3 people) fluster you with their questions. Be well-prepared to talk about yourself and "imagine" yourself in situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. HR person contacted me and set up phone interview. Phone interview was pretty chill. Then got set up to go to Madison for in person interviews. Stayed at nice hotel and had dinner with an employee. Got tours of the campus, etc. Advice - be sure to prepare for presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Lots of fluff, sounds like a great company to start with especially for recent college graduates.

Interview Questions

after reading through glassdoor reviews, lack of job security made it difficult to imagine relocation

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Overall I thought the process was very thorough. The initial personality profile was interesting and pretty straight forward. The next step of a phone interview consisted of pretty basic questions with a current project manager. The programming test was a little difficult. I'd recommend brushing up on some basic math!

Interview Questions

• I thought the programming test was a bit difficult. In a way it was similar to the math section of the GRE.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from HR within a week, asking me to take online Rembrandt exam - I suspect there isn't any right fit they are looking for.. just looking for consistency in your answers. I then had a phone interview with an HR rep within the next week.. went over basic resume stuff (also seemingly unnecessary details, like SAT and GRE score.. GPA...) and the Project Manager/ IS role - she stressed this position is VERY travel-heavy .. they do not hide this. I have a few friends who had this position and they all burned out within 2 years... I explained that I was well aware of the highs.. and lows.. of the position.. and very willing to take it on! I then got an invitation to take some assessments remotely (I live in NYC) .. took a basic math test and a simple programming quiz (they explain their made-up language.. no need for actual programming skills.. just looking to see if you can learn new things quickly). After a week and a half (I had thought I failed!).. I head back from HR and was invited to fly out to Madison and visit the campus. The whole process went very smoothly and was quite nice. I was put up at the Hyatt and very comfortable. The interview day is rather intense.. starts at 8am and they have a full agenda for you.. tour.. software demo.. and three 1-on-1 interviews, a case study, and a presentation you lead. The presentation was the part I was most afraid of.. but turns out the three folks in the room you speak to are really nice and don't put on any added pressure. Just pick a topic you are very knowledgeable in .. and comfortable speaking about freely - I didn't and regret it :( Also had a verbal assessment test (grammar.. etc) and a quick 2 minute test.. not sure what the point of that was.

I just got done with this earlier this week.. so haven't heard back either way.. but I hear they call regardless of their decision o_O

All in all, the questions asked weren't too difficult... but watch out, it's a marathon of a day, so make sure you are well rested!!

Interview Questions

• To what extent are you willing to get something done? Where do you draw the line?   Answer Question
    • Describe both positive and negative things each of your references have to say about you...   Answer Question

Salary was not enough for the hours they expect (do not short change yourself! they will ask what salary you want during your interview, and I low-balled myself .. and they offered what I said.. there are folks who start at 65K, so don't ask for below that!!)

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

My university has a resume book that employers can peruse. Epic found my resume and sent me an e-mail telling me they thought I'd be a good fit for the Project Manager position. I replied that I did, and they responded in about a week telling me to take an IQ/Intelligence Test. From there I did a super easy phone interview and a week later got invited to do the day long campus interview.

Interview Questions

• If we were to call one of your references, what is a negative thing he or she would say about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

1. Preliminary Application
    2. Rembrandt Profile
    3. Phone Interview
    4. Skills Assessment
    5. On-site Interview - Consists of a case-study interview, a 10-minute presentation, an interview with HR, a couple Q&A/ Demonstrations from Epic Staff.

Epic's campus is absolutely amazing - the architecture is ridiculously nice, and the employees get to help decorate it. From what I have seen so far, the people are pretty young (35 year olds looked ancient), there is no dress code, the food in the cafeteria is amazing, and Madison/Verona are also awesome (in the summertime). The presentation wasn't too bad - everyone was nice and didn't try to mess you up. They really just want to get a feel for who you are as a person. So don't just be yourself - be your best self.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

Recruiter initially reached out to me via email - most likely through my public resume on our school's career website. Had an initial phone interview that went very well. Guy on the other end was very nice and answered all my questions without getting annoyed or patronizing. Informed me a little more about the role and specific responsibilities and his experience with the role.

Drove up to Madison and got dinner with other interview candidates and a couple current young employees. Walked around Madison and talked more about social life and Madison experience then the specific job. Completely casual.

Arrived at their campus the next day. Their campus has to be one of the most beautiful in the midwest and is up there with the google's and apple's of the world. The campus is a little "nerdy" in the fact that every building has a specific theme and is named after galaxies and such. However it's pretty cool and would not be as overwhelming after working there for a bit. Then spoke to an employee who was currently in the role I was interviewing for in a group - again just feeling out what the role was about. Then had a "case study" interview with one other candidate which they use to judge your ability to create an argument but also to ensure you are not too abrasive and competitive with the other person and try to make them look bad.

Grabbed lunch with yet another employee and other candidates then had a 1 on 1 with a senior guy which all questions were predrafted and they selected a few from the sheet. Nothing technical - all just personality and work ethic type questions. Finally had a 1 on 1 with the recruiter which was used to see if you were actually into the role, company, and industry. Also asked about salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difference between the way people perceive you and how you perceive yourself.   Answer Question

Job in more desired field was offered to me.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

Application, then test, then group interview, followed by individual interview.They also asked us to put together a presentation on any topic we wanted to - they encouraged us not to choose a healthcare related topic.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

multiple interviews

Interview Questions

• everything is in negative form. They don't focus on any of your strengths, they just want to see what you suck at.   Answer Question

the company is a churn and burn company. They throw a nice salary at you, but they work you like a dog in return, thus making the salary less valuable. I have friends that work there and everyday they want to jump off a bridge. They also brag about their campus and how nice it is, which is just sickening because when you work there, you never get to enjoy it. I also hear there is a ton of high school drama among the employees. Lastly, from what I hear they have performance reviews, but you never get to them and receive any direct feedback.