Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

3.1

138 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2010.

Got an email from a recruiter asking me to apply, so I did. Sent in my resume and cover letter. Next I took a personality test and got an email back asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard about grades and work experience and the interviewer was friendly. Am going to on-site interview soon.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

I was contacted online by Epic's HR, suggesting I apply for the Project manager position. There was a phone interview about a week later, and they invited me to Verona for an interview in person. So I flew out a week later, was put up at a nice hotel with 8 other prospective recruits, and taken out to dinner in a group of 2 other recruits and an employee. The next morning, we were ushered into a conference room on Epic campus in the Andromeda building, given a company overview and software demo. There was a small group interview followed by a skills assessment with a single recruiter. Next was a presentation, then lunch at Epic's cafeteria, and another, more focused 1:1 interview. A ~2-hr aptitude/intelligence test followed.

I am still waiting to hear back from Epic; it has been a week and a half. I really don't know whether they eliminate candidates one by one and call the recruits they want at the end of the two-week call window or if the process is the other way around--let's hope that barely over a week isn't a bad thing.

The campus was very nicely laid out, and employees seemed fine. An ex-employee at the airport warned me and another recruit that the company is not kid-friendly, so if we wanted to start a family, it would be tough to get enough time with them while traveling 4 days per week. Thank god I don't want kids.

Overall I like the company, and am hoping I get the call.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to criticize someone, would you run the risk of seeming too mean or too nice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

Received an unsolicited email that told me to apply. Applied and receive and email the following day setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic, just talked about education and some work experience. I also took a personality text and an IQ test. was pretty easy. You don't have to study to get ready for it. Am heading out to an interview next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

I first had a one on one interview. It was very laid back. I had a friend who works at Epic, so we mostly just talked about her and why she chose Epic. Then he told me about all the travel perks of Epic and asked me a couple of questions about my resume. They also asked for my expected salary, which I wasn't prepared for.

Then I took some tests, similar to the LSAT.

I got an email a couple of weeks later for an on-site interview. We had a tour, case interview, presentation (which they did not tell me about in advance! Their mistake, but I had to do it anyway), HR interview and they made me re-take the tests.

Interview Questions

I am wanting to go to law school, but also because I got a weird vibe. They stress how fun Epic is to work at, but everyone has their office doors closed and not very many people ate lunch. Also, I have heard from past Epic employees that they burn you out and you move on, but with no skills.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

Online application with a initial test upon submission. Followed up promptly with email the next week to set up phone interview. Phone interview was 30 minutes with a current employee, not with HR - gave some perspective on their job role and how they like the company and working there. Then came onsite for the in person interview - it was a half-day long process with a pre-prepared presentation, group interview/overview of the role and additional testing and 1:1 interaction with HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kenosha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

received email for resume, contacted to fill out personality questionaire and scheduled phone interview for next monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2010.

The interview was more or less informal. It was interesting because I was able to find out more about the company and the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your experiences prepare you for the challenges if this position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2010.

A recruiter contacted me which lead to an initial phone interview. She immediately invited me to the campus for an interview. They flew me out to Madison, and I was there for a couple of days. There was an informal dinner the night before the interview with a group of recruits and a current employee.
    The next day, they sent a taxi to drive a group of us to the campus. We attended a presentation where they explained their software and more details about the company. They gave us a tour of the campus (amazing), and had lunch in the cafeteria with some current employees.
    After lunch, I had my first interview with a current project manager. It was mainly a case analysis, and I was asked to give my opinion on what I would do if I was the project manager in the given situation. I was given 10-15 minutes to read over the case and organize my thoughts. I then had to discuss my reasoning with the interviewer.
    After the case study, I had to give a presentation to a group. I was also interviewing for a "teaching role", so my presentation had to be 20 minutes long, and it could be about anything I wanted. I just had to teach the group something.
    After the presentation, I had another interview. It was more traditional, focused on behavioral based questions. It lasted maybe 20-30 minutes.
    After that interview, I had to take an IQ test.
    After that, they called a taxi, and I was driven to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • There was a case study that I was not prepared as much as I should have been.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2010.

Very long process! I can't really say anything new as all the reviews that have already been posted are completely accurate! The place is basically like a puppy mill for recent grads! Nevertheless, all the people I met were very nice, especially the other recruits! I even joked around with some of the other recruits about the interviewing and hiring process.

About the interview process itself. Well, it lasts the whole day (usually 8 am - 2 pm for technical positions, 9 am - 2 pm for other positions.. but mine lasted from 9 pm to 6 pm since I interviewed for two positions!). So be ready for a very long day! I interviewed for Project Manager, and the interview process has already been described: informal phone interview about your SAT scores, then interview at Madison that consisted of 10 minute presentation (really simple as they keep it casual, so don't even worry about it!), HR interview, and interview with current Project Manager (will provide a very simple case scenario). Then onwards to the tests! Nothing new to say about the tests. They were not difficult at all, but were tricky, so take your time!

I also interviewed for the Finance Analyst position. The process consisted of an interview with the head of Finance Analyst department (or Accounting, I wasn't really sure as I lost interest by then since it was already the end of the day and I was tired!). Then I took an excel test, which was unnecessarily difficult! So if you're applying for the Finance Analyst position, make sure you know your Excel formulas - basic arithmetic, countif, dual axis graphing, filtering, etc.

Overall, don't expect a job offer, UNLESS you know you scored very well on the tests since all they care about are the tests (as almost all the Epic employees I talked to emphasized).

Another advice, don't bother with the employee dinner. It's pointless - totally uninformative and doesn't help your candidacy at all! It's a total waste of time. I only did it because I wanted a free dinner, but you can also get a free dinner at the hotel restaurant - just charge it to your hotel room. At least this way, you can order whatever you want and eat at your own pace, and then still have enough time to explore Madison!

I hope this helps potential recruits! Good luck all! And, again,do not stress out about the process. It's very casual. BUT STRESS OUT ABOUT THE TESTS, if you're seriously considering a career with this company. Unfortunately, you can't study for that at all...

Interview Questions
    • What would your reference say about your greatest strength and weakness (they will ask this, so be prepared to answer!)   Answer Question
    • For the case interview, they will ask for the two main problems.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2010.

Phone Interview followed by single day, multi part interview.
    No dress code required, went for very business casual and fit right in.
    For the presentation - be light hearted and engage them, as they looked bored to start.