Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

multiple interviews

Interview Questions

• everything is in negative form. They don't focus on any of your strengths, they just want to see what you suck at.   Answer Question

the company is a churn and burn company. They throw a nice salary at you, but they work you like a dog in return, thus making the salary less valuable. I have friends that work there and everyday they want to jump off a bridge. They also brag about their campus and how nice it is, which is just sickening because when you work there, you never get to enjoy it. I also hear there is a ton of high school drama among the employees. Lastly, from what I hear they have performance reviews, but you never get to them and receive any direct feedback.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was exactly how everyone described it here on Glassdoor. If you pass the phone interview, then you'll be flown out to Madison to go through the intensive in person interview process. If you want a solid chance then you should really prepare for all of the questions mentioned on this website, be ready for the presentation, and most importantly, be yourself! (Well if being yourself means outgoing and enthusiastic). As far as the standardized tests, just do your best. I felt I nailed certain parts of the interview process, but I wasn't at the top of my game towards the tail end of the long day. I tried, but just couldn't pull it off after hours on end of standardized tests, tours, presentations, case studies, etc. And unfortunately for me, the last part was probably the most important part since I was interviewing 1 on 1 with the HRM who most likely made the final decision.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

I read over every single post prior to interviewing with Epic and the reviews are spot on! Let me start by saying the interviewing process is intense but well worth it even if you are not extended an offer. Once you have gone through their process you are prepared to take on any interview. Tips and advice: 1. Don't stress about the presentation! You are in a room with three very friendly and engaging people. Don't try and dazzle them with your software or management knowledge and experience but rather present to them on something you enjoy and are extremely knowledeable. There were people presenting on zombies who got an offer so, as I said, don't fret about the topic just focus on your presentation skills. **Bring props!** 2. If you dislike standardized tests, you are in for a treat! I am personally not bad at standardized tests as I have taken the LSAT and scored quite well on it. I am, however, terrible at tests where I have no time to prepare for them. They are not basic math problems but rather quite tricky Math and English questions. You might wonder how English/ reaidng comprehension questions could be challanging- but they are! 3. Don't bank on an offer. They fly 85% of their candidates out to Madison, so it doesn't mean they are very serious about you. Im surprised they can afford to spend that kind of money on applicants. You will be up against students from top schools such as Harvard and Stanford, so in my eyes its not the end of the world if you don't get an offer. Go learn about Epic, do your best, and HAVE FUN! I thought I was quite a strong candidate with having a high GPA and experience with 2 fortune 100 companies, but they are looking for something very specific- I couldn't tell you what. I don't think anyone but HR really knows. **If you are up for a challange and you are ready to accept a job that requires you to work 60+ hours a week for only 60 grand this is the place for you! The average time a Project Manager stays with the company is about 2 years as they burn out quite quickly. You get a lot of experience under your belt quite fast but this is not a place to settle down with but rather a stepping stone into getting a position with a company like Cisco or HP.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 things you are not. (Related to professional life not personal)   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a Doctor who has a lot of experience and is resistant to learning the new technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

1st round: Epic HR e-mailed to schedule for a phone interview -which went really smoothly. 2nd round: Computerized test: The first half of the test was similar to the GRE quant questions, The second half was all programing, and I think I did horribly hence did not receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process started with a personality and basic math test, followed by a brief phone interview. The phone interview was fairly basic consisting of mostly questions about my interest in Epic and educational background. I was then selected for the on-site interview day in Madison. The day was long, but very structured and organized. There was a 2 person case analysis, one on one interview, 10 minute presentationa and some testing. The testing is basically SAT type questions related to verbal and math skills. The process took about 5 weeks and I was offered the position after recieving a phone call from the recruiter. Be prepared and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• If you were the leader of a team and everyone else wanted to choose option A and you wanted to choose option B, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What would your references say are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was great so I did not need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in December 2011.

Interview

I've made it through 2/3 of the interview process. I applied online and then was contacted by Epic to do a personality/math test. Really easy math and the logic problems are about the only thing that take time. After I took the test, I had a really easy phone interview where I ended up asking more questions than the interviewer. Then was asked to set up a final interview day at Epic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

A friend of mine who works at Epic submitted my name through Epic's internal referral process. (I highly recommend this to anyone interested in working at Epic. Your contact will get a bonus for successful referrals, and you are four times more likely to get hired.) I was emailed by someone in HR and sent links for online assessments and position application. About two weeks after completing all of that I had a phone interview. At the end of the interview the interviewer scheduled a day the following week for me to fly out to Madison and interview in person at their Verona campus. The night before the interview I was taken to dinner by an Epic employee along with several other applicants. This was a chance to ask questions without worrying about the person being in HR. (Really this person does not make any hiring decisions, so try to relax a bit.) The day of my interview I took a shuttle from the hotel to the main Epic campus with several other applicants. Once there we were given a tour by someone in HR and told all about Epic. The campus is really cool, so the tour was a lot of fun. I was applying for both a project management and training position, so I was interviewed by a project manager and a trainer. I also gave a 20-minute presentation to an audience of four employees to showcase my presentation skills. The topic of the presentation was up to me. After the interviews I took a number of written evaluations. I can't give any details about the evaluations, but I can say that they are quite challenging and there is really no way to study for them. After completing the evaluations I had one more interview with someone in HR. That interview lasted about 20 minutes. After that I was able to take a self-guided tour of the campus before taking a taxi to the airport. It took about two weeks to hear back on the job. When they offered me the job they told me how much the job paid. There was no pay negotiation, which was a relief. The amount offered was actually much higher than I would have asked for.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer analyst who was not completing assignments, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but you really don't need it. The compensation is quite high.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

First, was contacted by a recruiter via Monster.com. From there, submitted application on their website. (Horribly buggy application form.) Standard phone interview after that, asking pretty much 100% stuff that I'd already answered in the application. Definitely some questions that were getting at finding out my age. From there, they flew me to Madison, for a day of on-site interviews, tours, etc. Had interview for two different positions. (One was 1:1, one was 2:1, the two being myself and another application with an interviewer.) Math/Verbal/Programming test, nothing terribly complicated. Still waiting to hear on their final decision. (Which should come this week or next - they said two weeks.) When that happens, I'll update accordingly and flesh this out.)

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison Heights, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Asked very basic resume questions on the phone. Asked how I heard about epic, how much I am willing to travel, and if I would be willing to relocate to Madison.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

applied through college, did a personality test online, got a phone call for basic information screening, and flew to madison for the super day