Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

135 interviews

3.1

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2011.

I applied at a college career fair and had a phone interview a week later. Loooong after the phone interview I was notified that I would get to take a test consisting of some brainteasers and a programming test. It took three whole months and I did not pass their silly test (which is odd because the test was EASY). The entire process is so long and drawn out and pointless that in the end their company is probably full of leftovers who could not get a better job offer before graduation. Everyone I communicated with was extremely unprofessional, probably overworked, and came from some sort of arts major. The entire interview process makes you feel like cattle and I feel bad for the people who end up accepting Epic's offers.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2010.

Be prepared to take a 2-hour long tests that are not related to the job descriptions

Anonymous Employee  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2010.

Got an email from a recruiter asking me to apply, so I did. Sent in my resume and cover letter. Next I took a personality test and got an email back asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard about grades and work experience and the interviewer was friendly. Am going to on-site interview soon.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2010.

Submitted my resume on Epic's site and got an email to take a Rembrandt test and then another shortly after to schedule a phone interview. That was about 30 minutes with a current project manager, but I got the sense they are not true project managers since he had never heard of PMP certification. I got a call the next day to schedule an on-site interview for the next week and I am awaiting my trip to Madison. I know I will have to give a 10 minute presentation on something I'm knowledgable about and I've read from other reviewers that there are a few tests and interviews of course.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

I first had a one on one interview. It was very laid back. I had a friend who works at Epic, so we mostly just talked about her and why she chose Epic. Then he told me about all the travel perks of Epic and asked me a couple of questions about my resume. They also asked for my expected salary, which I wasn't prepared for.

Then I took some tests, similar to the LSAT.

I got an email a couple of weeks later for an on-site interview. We had a tour, case interview, presentation (which they did not tell me about in advance! Their mistake, but I had to do it anyway), HR interview and they made me re-take the tests.

Interview Questions

I am wanting to go to law school, but also because I got a weird vibe. They stress how fun Epic is to work at, but everyone has their office doors closed and not very many people ate lunch. Also, I have heard from past Epic employees that they burn you out and you move on, but with no skills.

Anonymous Employee  in  Kenosha, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

received email for resume, contacted to fill out personality questionaire and scheduled phone interview for next monday.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

Received an unsolicited email that told me to apply. Applied and receive and email the following day setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic, just talked about education and some work experience. I also took a personality text and an IQ test. was pretty easy. You don't have to study to get ready for it. Am heading out to an interview next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

I was contacted online by Epic's HR, suggesting I apply for the Project manager position. There was a phone interview about a week later, and they invited me to Verona for an interview in person. So I flew out a week later, was put up at a nice hotel with 8 other prospective recruits, and taken out to dinner in a group of 2 other recruits and an employee. The next morning, we were ushered into a conference room on Epic campus in the Andromeda building, given a company overview and software demo. There was a small group interview followed by a skills assessment with a single recruiter. Next was a presentation, then lunch at Epic's cafeteria, and another, more focused 1:1 interview. A ~2-hr aptitude/intelligence test followed.

I am still waiting to hear back from Epic; it has been a week and a half. I really don't know whether they eliminate candidates one by one and call the recruits they want at the end of the two-week call window or if the process is the other way around--let's hope that barely over a week isn't a bad thing.

The campus was very nicely laid out, and employees seemed fine. An ex-employee at the airport warned me and another recruit that the company is not kid-friendly, so if we wanted to start a family, it would be tough to get enough time with them while traveling 4 days per week. Thank god I don't want kids.

Overall I like the company, and am hoping I get the call.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to criticize someone, would you run the risk of seeming too mean or too nice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2010.

The interview was more or less informal. It was interesting because I was able to find out more about the company and the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your experiences prepare you for the challenges if this position?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2010.

Received email from recruiter, submitted application online after looking at website. They called and gave me a 30 minute interview over the phone and then I received correspondence the next day that they would like to fly me out for an on-site interview consisting of a presentation, additional application and background check.