Epic Systems Corporation

Average Difficulty
134 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2010.

Interview Details – Be prepared to take a 2-hour long tests that are not related to the job descriptions

Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2010.

Interview Details – Got an email from a recruiter asking me to apply, so I did. Sent in my resume and cover letter. Next I took a personality test and got an email back asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard about grades and work experience and the interviewer was friendly. Am going to on-site interview soon.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 yrs?   Answer Question

Madison, WI

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume on Epic's site and got an email to take a Rembrandt test and then another shortly after to schedule a phone interview. That was about 30 minutes with a current project manager, but I got the sense they are not true project managers since he had never heard of PMP certification. I got a call the next day to schedule an on-site interview for the next week and I am awaiting my trip to Madison. I know I will have to give a 10 minute presentation on something I'm knowledgable about and I've read from other reviewers that there are a few tests and interviews of course.

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – I first had a one on one interview. It was very laid back. I had a friend who works at Epic, so we mostly just talked about her and why she chose Epic. Then he told me about all the travel perks of Epic and asked me a couple of questions about my resume. They also asked for my expected salary, which I wasn't prepared for.

Then I took some tests, similar to the LSAT.

I got an email a couple of weeks later for an on-site interview. We had a tour, case interview, presentation (which they did not tell me about in advance! Their mistake, but I had to do it anyway), HR interview and they made me re-take the tests.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I am wanting to go to law school, but also because I got a weird vibe. They stress how fun Epic is to work at, but everyone has their office doors closed and not very many people ate lunch. Also, I have heard from past Epic employees that they burn you out and you move on, but with no skills.

Kenosha, WI

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – received email for resume, contacted to fill out personality questionaire and scheduled phone interview for next monday.

Interview Question – educational background   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – Received an unsolicited email that told me to apply. Applied and receive and email the following day setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic, just talked about education and some work experience. I also took a personality text and an IQ test. was pretty easy. You don't have to study to get ready for it. Am heading out to an interview next week.

Interview Question – When did you graduate?   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted online by Epic's HR, suggesting I apply for the Project manager position. There was a phone interview about a week later, and they invited me to Verona for an interview in person. So I flew out a week later, was put up at a nice hotel with 8 other prospective recruits, and taken out to dinner in a group of 2 other recruits and an employee. The next morning, we were ushered into a conference room on Epic campus in the Andromeda building, given a company overview and software demo. There was a small group interview followed by a skills assessment with a single recruiter. Next was a presentation, then lunch at Epic's cafeteria, and another, more focused 1:1 interview. A ~2-hr aptitude/intelligence test followed.

I am still waiting to hear back from Epic; it has been a week and a half. I really don't know whether they eliminate candidates one by one and call the recruits they want at the end of the two-week call window or if the process is the other way around--let's hope that barely over a week isn't a bad thing.

The campus was very nicely laid out, and employees seemed fine. An ex-employee at the airport warned me and another recruit that the company is not kid-friendly, so if we wanted to start a family, it would be tough to get enough time with them while traveling 4 days per week. Thank god I don't want kids.

Overall I like the company, and am hoping I get the call.

Interview Question – If you had to criticize someone, would you run the risk of seeming too mean or too nice?   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was more or less informal. It was interesting because I was able to find out more about the company and the position.

Interview Question – How do you think your experiences prepare you for the challenges if this position?   View Answer

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – Received email from recruiter, submitted application online after looking at website. They called and gave me a 30 minute interview over the phone and then I received correspondence the next day that they would like to fly me out for an on-site interview consisting of a presentation, additional application and background check.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – Same as all other reviews. Recruiter contacted. Emailed resume and cover letter. Phone interview was scheduled. Interview was very brief and basically went over academic background. Interviewer was very personable and answered most of my questions very concisely and honestly (i.e. not lying about the number of hours you will be expected to work, travel, etc.). Waiting to hear if a follow up interview will take place.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question