Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2014.

The whole process took about a month. I applied online, then had to complete a series of assessments, a phone interview, and was then invited for an onsite interview. It was a very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
  • Assessment- A man finishes painting a house and goes to a home improvement store to buy an item. The clerk takes him to the item and says one costs $1. The man replies I need 600 so it will be $3. What did the man buy?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Quality Assurance Interview

The whole process took about 1 month. The skills assessment wasn't too bad, basically an IQ test so there's no need to prepare. Phone interview was very typical, nothing too hard. Then I was invited for an onsite interview. Overall very positive experience, mostly just talking to different people and touring the campus. Heard back one week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Same process as listed by many - I fill out the online application and had a response that they wanted to conduct a phone interview with me. In the same email, they sent the links for the personality test and skills test. The programming section is simply following a new code step by step. No actually programming knowledge was required. I heard back about a week later that they would like to conduct an onsite interview, all expenses paid. It was a fantastic experience and there is a lot to be said about Madison as a community. Everybody had an intro to the programs, a case study, introduction by an employee currently in the position, lunch and a final meeting with HR. They may have expedited due to the holiday, but I received my offer 2 business days after my onsite.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I put the average on glassdoor and was told that was too high. They came back with a number and that was it.

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Began by submitting an easy online application and didn't think much else of it. About a week later I got an email saying I got a phone interview. The phone interview was really simple, about 20 minutes (asked how I heard about Epic, take me through your resume, etc.). A few days before the phone interview I took a ~20 minute personality profile and a ~1.5 hour skills assessment. The skills assessment had 4 parts: a 2-minute IQ-type test; a basic math test; a programming section (where they take you through the fundamentals of a fictional programming language and you answer multiple choice questions); and a verbal/"find-the-grammatical-error"-type section. Only about 4 days later I got an email saying I got through to the on-site final interview.

I drove from an hour away the morning of the interview, so I didn't get to experience all the swanky hotel accommodations or dinner with employees the night before. The Epic campus is incredible. First in the morning was a brief demo of their software, followed by a talk from a QA person (with one other interviewee besides me). Next was lunch and a tour of their campus. The last two segments were a 1-on-1 case study with a QA employee and then a 1-on-1 interview with an HR person. The "case study" wasn't really a case study--they just presented you with a list of situations where you had to respond how you would prioritize things and what your criteria were for prioritizing them. The HR interview was more just behavioral questions, asking about what other offers or deadlines you have, any questions you might have, etc. I'm waiting to hear back from them, but overall it was an awesome experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is a common misconception about you?
      What are 5 things you are not?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

I originally applied online for project management. I received an email soon after to set up a phone interview and an online exam. Phone interview was pretty easy- mostly just spoke about position and asked questions about resume. I took the online exam which included 4 parts- one being a coding section. I heard back from them soon enough. However, they urged me to consider Quality Assurance and offered me an opportunity to interview on site. The on site interview was fairly easy as well- once again learning more about the company, tours, lunch, etc. There was one interview that was more of a situation based response with someone in your position. In addition, there was an HR conducted interview following.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview- walk you through resume
      Online exam- Coding background is helpful
      Real interview - name 5 things you are not

Answer Question
    I really wasn't in the position to negotiate.

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

There are total 3 steps:
    1. Apply online
    2. Phone Interview
        - Before going to the campus, you have to take 2 assessments.
        - One of them is personality test. Another one is consisted of 4 exams like SAT, except it has programming as well
    3. On-campus tour/interview

Questions were relatively easy

Interview Questions
    • Confirming your GPA and Resume information   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone Interview. Very basic interview with nothing to sweat. Asks a lot about previous job experience and as long as you understand what you did and how it ties to the job you are applying for then you should be alright. Majority of interview was me listening to the interviewer explain the benefits of working at Epic and why it's such a nice place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

After applying through the Epic website, I received an email offering a phone interview. I was also asked to complete a skills and personality test. The former was through ProctorU, an online test proctoring service while the latter was simply an online test. The interview itself was with an individual from the quality assurance team and did not work in HR. We had an hour phone conversation that was quite enjoyable as we shared plenty of interests.

Interview Questions
    • There were the classic interview questions such as 1) Where do you see yourself in five years? 2) Tell me about your relevant experiences for the job. 3) What do you know about Epic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

I first came across Epic when I was at a career fair at my university. I applied online and shortly afterwards was contacted about a phone interview. This part was quite reasonable, we mainly discussed the employers day to day work and their enthusiasm for the job. I asked about Madison and heard only great things. He asked about my resume and I elaborated on it. Where do you see yourself in 5 years was the only real interview question. To go along with this phone interview, I was sent 2 online tests to take. One was frustrating because they require an online proctoring service, and it has 4 sections: grammar, math, speed round, and integrated computer programming (which you learn the program during the test). The other test was more of a personality one, to see how I would operate in the team.

After submitting these items I waited about a week and then was invited to come visit Epic on-site. This was a very exciting trip, where they paid for my fancy hotel, plane tickets, and accommodations. There is an optional dinner with a current employee which I skipped, but heard from other candidates that it was pleasant.

On campus they toured us around the place, briefed us on some of the software, and allowed us to speak to some people that currently have our position. Then I went in to do a 'case study' which meant that I was talking about time management and how to prioritize the many tasks I will be faced with. Then I went and had lunch in their awesome cafeteria with another employee. Finally I met with HR and they grilled me harder on time management, my resume, and my desire to join the company. It was only tricky because every time I came up with a good solution, she would respond with, okay and so if that doesn't work out, what do you do?

It was only about 5 days later that I received a job offer. I am now 2 weeks in to the decision process and need to give them an answer in the next couple days...

Interview Questions
    • Working in teams: "If you are a project group member and you believe the project should be taken one way and the team leader is taking it in a different direction, what do you do?"

This was then asked about 5 times blocking each one of my solutions, but in the end I guess it worked out!

Quality Assurance Interview

1. Apply online with resume and basic personal information.
    2. HR will contact you to set up a phone interview with the person in the department you are applying to.
    2a. You will be required to complete a personality quiz and a skills assessment online.
    3. Casual Phone Interview discussing resume and verification of your application. Very conversational.
    4. HR will contact you again regarding flying you out to their office for on-site interview.