Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.8

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I was interviewed via phone and then asked to take two assessments. One of the assessments was general kind of reading comprehension etc and the second assessment was programming (very hard for someone who does not have a software background) Then I was invited to an in person interview

Interview Questions
  • They asked a lot of behavioral/personality based questions. There was also a case study on how one might handle a list of tasks with varying levels of priority.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied via campus recruiting, had a phone interview and skills assessment test online. Overall, it was a straightforward process and they got back to me fairly quickly. The phone interview was mostly about my resume and I asked a lot of questions about usability at Epic. The skills assessment was all right, just didn't have a calculator so that messed me up.

Interview Questions
    • The basic questions about my resume and activities during the phone interview. The skills assessment had four sections: math, language, computer programming, and quick skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

Applied online and heard back through email to fill out a Rambrandt profile, to take a 1-2 hour proctored exam, and then have a phone interview. That whole process went fairly smoothly. The exam was tough at parts. After about a week I was offered to come in for an on-site interview. This was a great experience. We took a tour, ate lunch, met employees, and talked with a recruiter. Now I am just waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

I dropped my resume at their table at a career fair. I got an email to take some tests and arrange a phone interview. After that, I received an email to participate in an on-campus interview.

Quality Assurance Interview

I received an email from a recruiter encouraging me to apply for the position in December. I assume that he received my information from my university somehow, although I cannot be entirely for certain. A few weeks later I got an email from HR wishing to schedule an interview. The interview lasted 30-40 minutes and asked the typical questions about my background, my skills, where I see myself in five years, etc. I was then prompted later in the week to take an online assessment. It is administered through a third party site (ProctorU was the name of it, I think). The procedures were pretty strict for the assessment, as the proctor from this 3rd party site watched me take the exam through the webcam and requested that I show her my testing space, scratch paper, and calculator through my webcam. The assessment was in four sections. One was 2 minutes and had a ton of story problems that were to be answered as soon as possible, a second was a quiz having to do with computer programming (confusing for someone who has no background in computer programming, but still semi-manageable), a math quiz, and then a "verbal" quiz that utilized elements of grammar and logic games. A week after the assessment, I was offered an onsite interview. I'm supposed to fly out to Madison next week for the interview, and the company is footing the bill. I should be able to provide further updates after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What did working in a dining hall teach you about project management?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online and got an email a couple days later for a phone interview. They asked a lot about my resume and project based worked I had done. Before that process I had to take a personality test (very strange) and an aptitude test. The next round was the on-site interview. This was a 4 hourday of touring campus', learning about the quality assurance position, running through a mock day's work, and interviewing. Honestly, I thought the on-site interview was great - the campus was amazing and the food was both free and very good. About a week later I got my answer.

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The process took a total of 4 weeks. A phone screening, some online tests, and then they flew me out to Madison for on-site. Most of the on-site questions were behavioral. They're very devoted to hiring the right people and it shows. The people, food, and campus are all phenomenal.

Interview Questions
    I haven't tried negotiating.

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Very informal phone interview screening process and 3 assessment tests (math, verbal, programming) that you can take in your area or after being invited to visit their campus, on-site. If invited, day long campus interview with many different recruiters, tour of the facilities, intro to the software, etc. Good experience

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a programming assessment test, not sure how much it weighs into QA role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2015.

It was very laid back and comfortable. I got an overview of the position and at the end of the overview had to demonstrate that I knew what the position entails. I had to perform a "quality assurance analysis" on a pen - tell them what questions I would need to answer to be able to assure that quality. I then did I casual case interview. It was more based on organizational behavior, those soft skills that companies look for (working in groups, being a leader, organization and prioritization).

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2015.

Phone interview was pleasant, went through the Rembrandt Profile, and did the skills assessment last. I barely did any math in college so if you're majoring in mathematics, learning code, or just quick on your feet you'll do fine. I just finished my skills test today so I don't know what's going to happen.

Interview Questions
    • Learning code for the first time so as to know what "," means and "!", and killing a command with something that looked like " K S A=1,B=1,C=1+(A+1) K (A).   Answer Question