Epic Systems Corporation Quality Assurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.8

Quality Assurance Interview

Interview

A phone interview, a few assessments, and an on-site interview. It was a typical interview process. I am going in for my on-site interview soon and will know more about what will be expected before I see if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent in my resume via a reference in the company. They emailed me a few days later to schedule an phone interview. The phone interview is pretty straight forward and has no confusing/trick questions. After the phone interview I was emailed and asked to schedule a time to come in for an on-site interview. They paid for the flight, hotel, and food for the days I was there. Once on campus, I was given an introduction to the software and then an introduction to the position given by an employee in the QA position. It was then followed by a case study which asks questions about managing people and team members with different personalities. It was then followed by lunch and an exit interview with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation, entry level salaries are normally non-negotiable unless you have a graduate degree or previous work experience.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2015.

Interview

Straightforward phone interview. Mainly to confirm things on resume. I am currently still waiting for them to respond after the phone interview. They also have you set up a remembrandt profile and take a skills assessment through ProctorU.

Interview Questions

• Still in the process, waiting for response from phone interview.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I was interviewed via phone and then asked to take two assessments. One of the assessments was general kind of reading comprehension etc and the second assessment was programming (very hard for someone who does not have a software background) Then I was invited to an in person interview

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of behavioral/personality based questions. There was also a case study on how one might handle a list of tasks with varying levels of priority.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting, had a phone interview and skills assessment test online. Overall, it was a straightforward process and they got back to me fairly quickly. The phone interview was mostly about my resume and I asked a lot of questions about usability at Epic. The skills assessment was all right, just didn't have a calculator so that messed me up.

Interview Questions

• The basic questions about my resume and activities during the phone interview. The skills assessment had four sections: math, language, computer programming, and quick skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

I dropped my resume at their table at a career fair. I got an email to take some tests and arrange a phone interview. After that, I received an email to participate in an on-campus interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and heard back through email to fill out a Rambrandt profile, to take a 1-2 hour proctored exam, and then have a phone interview. That whole process went fairly smoothly. The exam was tough at parts. After about a week I was offered to come in for an on-site interview. This was a great experience. We took a tour, ate lunch, met employees, and talked with a recruiter. Now I am just waiting to hear back.

Quality Assurance Interview

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter encouraging me to apply for the position in December. I assume that he received my information from my university somehow, although I cannot be entirely for certain. A few weeks later I got an email from HR wishing to schedule an interview. The interview lasted 30-40 minutes and asked the typical questions about my background, my skills, where I see myself in five years, etc. I was then prompted later in the week to take an online assessment. It is administered through a third party site (ProctorU was the name of it, I think). The procedures were pretty strict for the assessment, as the proctor from this 3rd party site watched me take the exam through the webcam and requested that I show her my testing space, scratch paper, and calculator through my webcam. The assessment was in four sections. One was 2 minutes and had a ton of story problems that were to be answered as soon as possible, a second was a quiz having to do with computer programming (confusing for someone who has no background in computer programming, but still semi-manageable), a math quiz, and then a "verbal" quiz that utilized elements of grammar and logic games. A week after the assessment, I was offered an onsite interview. I'm supposed to fly out to Madison next week for the interview, and the company is footing the bill. I should be able to provide further updates after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What did working in a dining hall teach you about project management?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Applied online and got an email a couple days later for a phone interview. They asked a lot about my resume and project based worked I had done. Before that process I had to take a personality test (very strange) and an aptitude test. The next round was the on-site interview. This was a 4 hourday of touring campus', learning about the quality assurance position, running through a mock day's work, and interviewing. Honestly, I thought the on-site interview was great - the campus was amazing and the food was both free and very good. About a week later I got my answer.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

The process took a total of 4 weeks. A phone screening, some online tests, and then they flew me out to Madison for on-site. Most of the on-site questions were behavioral. They're very devoted to hiring the right people and it shows. The people, food, and campus are all phenomenal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I haven't tried negotiating.