Epic Systems Corporation

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview, which lasted about 20 minutes. They just went over my resume and confirmed details with me. I also had the opportunity to ask questions related to the position. After that, I was invited to take the online assessment. This was proctored via skype, so it did get a bit awkward. I found the assessment extremely difficult, and actually was rejected after they received my results. However, a couple weeks later I was contacted again and told that they would like to continue with me, and invited me for an on-site interview. The interview lasted from the morning to afternoon. It was a series of tours, information sessions, and three one-on-one interviews. I found the experience to be really nice. I got to meet a bunch of other people that were interviewing for positions at Epic too--which was a bit scary considering how many of them there were. Overall, I found my experience to be quite pleasant, and really liked how easy-going everyone at Epic was. They made interviewing that much easier.

Interview Question – They asked the usual questions expected during an interview.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – First they do a phone interview, and the people were very nice. Then if you get through that round, you have to do an online skills assessment. It's this kind of odd set up where someone proctors your exam via a webcam, but the test wasn't too bad. Mostly math and verbal questions like the SAT, but there's one section about computer programming, and how fast you can learn those skills.

Interview Question – The programming questions were kind of complicated.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email scheduled for a 30 min phone interview, it was from a QAer at Epic and introduced a lot about the position and the company. Then I did the non-technical assessment and they decide to not move forward so I guess I didn't do well in the assessment.

Interview Question – Some math questions, they are not hard but you need to be prepared for the format.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – I met recruiters at a career fair. Afterwards, they told me to submit the application online. After they received it, they scheduled a phone interview with me. I spoke to another QA person and she told me all about the job description. After I passed the phone screen, I had to take a skiils test that had verbal, mathematical, programming parts. It was based on both speed and accuracy. It also had a lot of logic questions on there.

Interview Question – The technical skills test is the most difficult process if you work slowly like me.   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Fairly easy and laid-back interview. Online assessment/behavioral quiz, phone interview, on-campus interview (lasts all day) with multiple interviews and a tour of the facilities. They give everyone a weird programming test, so be expecting that even if you are not going for a programming role. All-in-all it was a long but fun day.

Interview Question – 5 things you are not   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Quality Assurance

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through my school but also had to apply through the Epic's career page as well. There's a simple test that you have to take that is about 2-3 hours long. After a week, I got an e-mail to arrange a phone interview. The 30-minute phone interview took me to Epic headquarters at Verona where I spent the whole day touring through the campus and had 3 one-on-one interviews.

Interview Question – I can't remember any question being too difficult as they didn't require any technical knowledge. I remember most of them being simple behavioral questions that are used to test your fit. In short, I didn't make that fit.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance

Interview Details – I received an email from Epic, they were referred to me by my university's career website. I don't have a strong background in programming, so it was refreshing to be contact by a company. At first, they wanted me to fill out their application, then I got a phone interview. Afterward, I received an email from the recruiter to schedule the next portion of the interview, which was assessment tests. The assessment tests weren't too bad, I feel like I went too slow on them and they emailed me saying they are moving on with other candidates.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – Everyone was very efficient, it felt a bit like a cattle-call with so many people interviewing at once for the same position.

Interview Question – What would you do if your team lead wants to do something which you disagree with? What would you do if you want to take an action but your team disagrees with you.   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through their website, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview with a person currently working in QA. Basically she just told me about the job, asked why I was interested in the position, and reviewed information I'd already provided on my application (SAT scores, GPA, etc).

After that I was invited to take a test online. They make you have a proctor for the test via Skype. It's awkward. But the test wasn't too bad. There were four sections, one was a two-minute IQ test, one was math, one involved learning a fake programming language and basically just tested your ability to think programmatically, and the other one was an actual programming test. I don't think they usually give QA interviewees the programming test, but I have background in the area so I think that was why I had that part. It took about two hours. A few days later I got an email inviting me to fly out to Verona and interview on site.

There was a dinner with some Epic employees and other candidates the day before the interview day. The actual interview day's really casual, you don't have to dress up. They do an overview of the company, you talk to someone in the position, then you have lunch with Epic people in their cafeteria. After that I had an interview with another QA guy, a verbal test, and a generic HR interview. Very long process, all in all.

Interview Question – Name five things you're not.   View Answer

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – Very nice people, beautiful facility. Interviews were laid back.

Interview Question – case interview and behavioral interview   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Systems Corporation

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Systems Corporation Quality Assurance interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epic Systems Corporation employees and interview candidates.