Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Assurance Interview

The whole process took about 1 month. The skills assessment wasn't too bad, basically an IQ test so there's no need to prepare. Phone interview was very typical, nothing too hard. Then I was invited for an onsite interview. Overall very positive experience, mostly just talking to different people and touring the campus. Heard back one week later.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

1. Apply online with resume and basic personal information.
    2. HR will contact you to set up a phone interview with the person in the department you are applying to.
    2a. You will be required to complete a personality quiz and a skills assessment online.
    3. Casual Phone Interview discussing resume and verification of your application. Very conversational.
    4. HR will contact you again regarding flying you out to their office for on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I first came across Epic when I was at a career fair at my university. I applied online and shortly afterwards was contacted about a phone interview. This part was quite reasonable, we mainly discussed the employers day to day work and their enthusiasm for the job. I asked about Madison and heard only great things. He asked about my resume and I elaborated on it. Where do you see yourself in 5 years was the only real interview question. To go along with this phone interview, I was sent 2 online tests to take. One was frustrating because they require an online proctoring service, and it has 4 sections: grammar, math, speed round, and integrated computer programming (which you learn the program during the test). The other test was more of a personality one, to see how I would operate in the team.

After submitting these items I waited about a week and then was invited to come visit Epic on-site. This was a very exciting trip, where they paid for my fancy hotel, plane tickets, and accommodations. There is an optional dinner with a current employee which I skipped, but heard from other candidates that it was pleasant.

On campus they toured us around the place, briefed us on some of the software, and allowed us to speak to some people that currently have our position. Then I went in to do a 'case study' which meant that I was talking about time management and how to prioritize the many tasks I will be faced with. Then I went and had lunch in their awesome cafeteria with another employee. Finally I met with HR and they grilled me harder on time management, my resume, and my desire to join the company. It was only tricky because every time I came up with a good solution, she would respond with, okay and so if that doesn't work out, what do you do?

It was only about 5 days later that I received a job offer. I am now 2 weeks in to the decision process and need to give them an answer in the next couple days...

Interview Questions
    • Working in teams: "If you are a project group member and you believe the project should be taken one way and the team leader is taking it in a different direction, what do you do?"

This was then asked about 5 times blocking each one of my solutions, but in the end I guess it worked out!
        Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

There are total 3 steps:
    1. Apply online
    2. Phone Interview
        - Before going to the campus, you have to take 2 assessments.
        - One of them is personality test. Another one is consisted of 4 exams like SAT, except it has programming as well
    3. On-campus tour/interview

Questions were relatively easy

Interview Questions
    • Confirming your GPA and Resume information   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

After applying through the Epic website, I received an email offering a phone interview. I was also asked to complete a skills and personality test. The former was through ProctorU, an online test proctoring service while the latter was simply an online test. The interview itself was with an individual from the quality assurance team and did not work in HR. We had an hour phone conversation that was quite enjoyable as we shared plenty of interests.

Interview Questions
    • There were the classic interview questions such as 1) Where do you see yourself in five years? 2) Tell me about your relevant experiences for the job. 3) What do you know about Epic?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone Interview. Very basic interview with nothing to sweat. Asks a lot about previous job experience and as long as you understand what you did and how it ties to the job you are applying for then you should be alright. Majority of interview was me listening to the interviewer explain the benefits of working at Epic and why it's such a nice place.

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2014.

Started with a very brief phone interview and then completed a series of online testing and writing samples. Got invited to come for an on-site interview and they paid for all expenses. Overall it was very well-run and a positive experience. The campus is really cool and the people are all very nice. Do dress casually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Application, phone screening, assessment tests, on-site tour/interview. From app to on-site took about a month.

On-site had multiple aspects to it, including overview of the company, small-group meeting with current QA, tour, and meeting with HR.

It does become a very long day, so be prepared to be energetic at all times. Everyone who I encountered was very welcoming and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interesting, they let you check some of their code and asked a couple problem solving questions in addition to the behavioral questions. They mostly recruit directly out of college, looking for new hires they can mold in their mindset and system. You will speak with an HR person on the phone first, then have a phone interview with an employee in the department to which you applied

Interview Questions
    • They had a coding challenge to see if you can get a hang of their system   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

First is a straightforward phone interview. Then the most difficult part of the whole process is the online test. They are complete problem solving questions along with a few grammar questions. The programming part was difficult for me having no experience in the area, but that wasn't necessary for this position.

Interview Questions
    • What would your reference say your strength and weakness is.
      5 things you are not.
      Asked how you would deal with certain situations with coworkers.
        Answer Question
    Did not try to negotiate, was happy with the offer.