Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.6

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied online. The whole process took about a little over a month. First I had a Phone interview then a series of 4 tests online. Those were a little difficult. I then went for an on site interview. That was actually kind of fun to do. Still waiting to hear back from them on the status of that.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Was recruited through a university job fair and received a phone interview for the project manager position. After "passing" the phone screen I took the skills assessment and a couple personality tests and was contacted again saying that I had been invited for an on site interview for quality assurance rather than project manager. Everything was very professional and HR seemed like a well-oiled machine. I was happy with my recruiting process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2014.

Applied through an employee referral. I was told I would have a phone interview with someone in QA but to my surprise half way through it happened to be a HR rep. She said it would be a few weeks until I hear about the next step. The next day she calls me and sets up the onsite interview. The interview consisted of an overview presentation, a discussion and overview of QA. Lunch. A tour of Epic. Then a case study, which is quite simple. Then the final sit down with the HR person at the end. The key is to make a great impression with every person you meet, they could all have input into you getting hired or not.

Interview Questions
    Didn't try to negotiate as it was quite higher than the glassdoor average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2013.

Applied online. Was contacted within a week for a telephone interview. Shortly after was invited for an onsite interview which lasted most of the day and included a tour of the campus. At the end of the day, there was a 3 part computer test which included programming (basic stuff), math, and verbal. I think I did poorly on the programming and math. Neither are my strongest areas. I did not get an offer, but I probably would have turned it down anyway based on what I have heard from other Epic employees.

Interview Questions
    • I thought the programming test was difficult. It was logic based, but very different from anything I had ever done before.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter, initial phone interview & online test.
    Visited campus & met with a series of employees in HR & QA. The day was completely structured and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • What is an assumption people initially make about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Other job applicants have already spoken in detail the interview process with Epic. For the QA role I was applying to, it was pretty straightforward. I applied online, got a telephone interview, did the behavioral online test, met with a recruiter, and took their assessment exam at their Verona campus.

Interview Questions
    • The assessment exam is worth looking over, in case you've been out of school or are rusty on your SAT/GRE/GMAT skills. It seems like a precursor to getting your foot in the door.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2012.

Took an initial phone interview that was a phone screening. Seeing your interest and why you were applying and if you were ok with all that they would offer you (benefits, pay, etc). Then had to take a test at a testing center. One was "math" but it was really just trick questions trying to get you to think creatively I suppose. The other part used software lingo and it is designed to see how quickly you learn things. It was difficult for me because I had questions about it like, it could be this or it could be this, what is the difference?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2012.

Applied through the website and was contacted within a week to take the online test. A week later I was contacted to take a writing test and schedule a phone interview. The interview was like being interviewed for the school paper. The interviewer had a list of things to read and couldn't really provide any insight into the positions I asked him about. I asked about a position I had found on their website and the interviewer had never heard of it. Going over my resume was "So, you worked here. What was that like?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2011.

Started with a phone interview, followed by a personality test then a skills assessment test over about a month and a half. A few weeks later was invited to interview on their campus which consisted of a tour, group presentation of the software and talking to an individual on what daily life is like. After learning about the company then individually interviewed with an HR individual and my recruiter and took an additional 3 skills assessment tests. Received an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What would your references say is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    Salary was on the high end of my expectations, did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2011.

Overall I had a very positive experience interviewing at Epic and thought that I had done very well during the interview. They asked general behavioral questions about how you would deal with a situation, but there was also one or two questions that I thought were unique. For example, you had to look at a picture and tell them as many ways to use it as you can within 3 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me as many different ways to use a brick as you can.   Answer Question