Epic Systems Corporation Server Systems Engineer Interview Questions

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I was referred to HR by an existing employee. I did a personality test online, and got a phone interview. The next day I got a call with an invitation for an on-site interview. When I arrived, there were about 20 other people who were also interviewing. They gave us a tour, then I had interviews with technical folks. After that, they gave me a battery of aptitude tests. Finally, I had one last interview with an HR rep - the whole process lasted the day. The process felt a little strange, since I was applying with a PhD and it felt like they were handling me like I was fresh out of college. The offer I received demonstrated to me that they don't value PhD's as highly as other companies do.

Interview Questions

More competitive offer from another company.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Server Systems Engineer Interview

Applied and it took one week for them to schedule my "screening interview"
    In that time I took a test which was basic logic and mathematics.
    Not entirely sure what they are looking for, I answered questions honestly and correctly because they were only questions about my experience and my SAT/GRE scores. Interview was supposed to be screening only and last 30 minutes. The guy I was talking to talked for over an hour about how great the company is, and I really only got the opportunity to talk for about five minutes or so before he started going into all the great vacations he has been able to take because of how great the great company is. GREAT. Don't get me wrong, he was a nice guy, but seriously, it always is a deterrent when someone has to tell you how great their company is, rather than you just being able to see it.

"Describe an experience in which you learned your skills would apply to this type of position" .... something like that.

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Emailed HR a week after the screening to find out if I was still under consideration, and was told I wasn't. Always disappointed by a company that doesn't email you first to tell you you're not under consideration. But if you get the guy who talks your ear off, you might as well just hang up. Because that is an hour you will never get back.

Server Systems Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume on CareerBuilder and was encouraged to apply for two positions.
    The positions they mentioned didn't seem like a real good fit for my background and desires, but I applied for only one of them anyway, Server Systems Engineer.

The first I had to do was complete an online Rembrandt Personality Profile, this won't be a problem for someone wo can effectively deal with customers and this test will weed out those that can't.

I apparently did well on the Rembrandt portion and was scheduled for a phone interview with an employee.

The phone interview was pretty low stress and I found out, like I expected, that I wasn't a good fit for a Server Systems Engineer, but would probably be better suited for Project Management.

Anyway, about ten days after the phone interview, I received an email thanking me for my interest in Epic, but that they were moving on with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to be in five years?   View Answer

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!