Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.9

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone interview just finished. First asked me why you want to be in the Epic, why you want to be a software developer. Second introduce Epic, ask you have any question about Epic. Third go through your resume and ask you things about your technical skills, and most of your industry experience.
Have no time after those.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I had phone interview it was basic, they asked me about previous projects and why I have applied for this job. And he later told about epic how the environment would be. Now I am waiting to take online assessment test.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about projects..why epic why software developer   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First was a telephonic round. Second a online assessment test.In the telephonic interview, interviewer asked about my project and one question related to database. It was around 45 mins.
    Online assessment had four sections. One of the section was Math it was super easy but we have to be super fast in solving as it has timelimit of 2 minutes.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

You must first do a phone interview, then a IQ/logic/coding test. The test is imo the most important factor to get you into the next round. The next round is an on-site interview at their head quarter, where I had to describe one of my project. And they required professional preferences. I was slow in getting my preferences, that's why I think I was rejected.

Software Developer Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Easy to get a phone interview and the online skills assessment. The skills assessment is pretty brutal. It's about 3-4 hours of logic, math, and programming that really stresses your mental endurance.

Interview Questions
    • Give you a made up programming language and ask you questions about it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Phone interview. First some behavior question will be asked: why epic? why software developper? Then he let me talk about one of my project in the resume. He will ask some details. After that is a technical question. Just talking about the method and no need to code. At last he gave a instruction about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

The process started with a telephonic call with one of Epic developer. He discussed my resume and basic stuff. He also talked for some time regarding my general understanding of Software Industry.
    Then I got a request to complete a ProctorU test. It had 4 segments as usual. I made some mistakes in Language section (I guess) but completed whole exam in less than 2 hours. I since most people fall in close range, time can be a factor. The programming questions were general(2 related to backtracking and 1 for recursive approach). About 2 weeks later, I was called in for onsite interview. Once you can get a onsite call, chance I guess are between 60% to 80% to convert into offer. There were 3 interviews(besides some presentations by company employees). 1st was project presentation round. Choose a project which you did good in and can present some figures in end(Mine had some figues because I did a simulation). 2nd interview was a case study. They discussed a general case that developer had during his work in Epic. He checked how astutely I could store data(using basic DS) and come up with some good observations. 3rd was with HR(behavioural interview). Eventually converted to full time.

I think key is doing good in programming section in ProctorU and early for onsite call and getting the project presentation interview good.

Interview Questions
    • In case study, A drug was described to me and it's general properties and how it is assigned to patients. I had to design class for storing information of patients about his/her scheduling of the drug   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

Received an e-mail from them asking to set up a phone interview. Accepted and spoke with a developer at Epic. He asked me a few questions about my background, my interest in software development, gave a quick technical interview and then allowed me to ask any questions about the company. I was then asked to take an online assessment with some testing company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that tested my ability to think about health care problems in terms of software development.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

We received email from recruiter asking people from my school to apply. I went to the website and applied. I was contacted first for a phone interview which had the basic discuss a project you worked on kind of questions. Nothing technical at this point.

The next stage you take a proctored exam. It had 4 sections, one of which was a 2 minute section.

After that they ask for onsite interview.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute, behavioral phone interview and a lengthy online technical assessment. The phone interview was pleasant, and the interviewer seemed really cool, but the online technical exam was a bit grueling and stressful. It tested speed, math, and coding abilities. If I had made it past the technical exam, I would have proceeded to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • The technical exam was much longer than I was anticipating   Answer Question