Epic Systems Corporation Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.8

303 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

30 Minutes phone interview asking your background and a interesting question with given scenario. You need to solve the problem as best as you can.
There is also a four hour online assessment, where your maths,programming,speed capacity are tested.

Interview Questions
  • What does a guy buy after painting his house in the hardware store which cost $1 for one, and $3 for 200.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The first round is phone interview. There are some behaviour questions like tell me about yourself, why you are interested in Epic. Then go through the resume, almost talked about every thing on the resume. And an algorithm question, if a robot is following you, how can it find you. Last, there are some general questions like do you willing to relocate?

Interview Questions
    • There are not some difficult questions in first round interview, but they have an online assignment after the first round phone interview, it took more than two hours.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

Had a phone interview that involved a 30 minute talk about the resume. Next was coding section that took a good 2.5hrs. The phone interview had gardly anything technical .you had better know your stuff before attending the coding test . The proctor was funny ��

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

Phone interview followed by online skills assessment. Know why you want to work there, they will ask you on the phone. Only one technical question was asked on phone, but it wasn't easy, it took some thinking. Online assessment has four parts as already mentioned. Logic goes by too fast, math and programming language part are not bad as long as you focus on the question, as they try to trick you. The programming part was not that bad, know how to manipulate strings, as you cannot use IDE during the test, make sure you brush up on substrings, indexOf, char to ascii, and so on. Otherwise, as long as you know how to reason and think about problems, the questions were not anything too difficult. I am still waiting for a reply on whether I made it past this round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

First is a phone interview, discussing projects and one technical question (appointment scheduling). The second one is a online assessment. This is the most difficult one and once you pass it, you already have a high chance. The final is onsite: one interview for project, one interview for a small case, and a discussion with the recruiter, All in all, the second one is the most critical one.

Interview Questions
    • Appointment scheduling. Didn't study it before, and difficult to detail on phone.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

phone interview + online test
    talk about the resume in the phone interview and take the test in online test.
    the online test consist of 4 part
    one of them is 4 programming question, it is easy if you have read CC150

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

He asked me normal questions on project. Then asked me maximum sub sequence and loop in linked list. I answered almost correctly but did not take corner conditions into account. Also all project questions will be based on how to implement this in real world.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

There was an initial phone screen that lasted about thrity minutes. We discussed past projects and I was given a couple design questions. Next was a three hour proctored online exam, some sections were harder than others but overall it wasn't too difficult (but it did contain a lot of trick questions). The last step is an onsite interview, this was very easy, more of a tour of the campus than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • A man is remodeling his house and relizes he needs something else. He goes to the hardware store and asks the clerk for the price of what he wants. The clerk says each one is $1, the man says ok I need 600 so here is $3. What dod the man buy?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

Phone screening first and then the online assessment. The online assessment has 4 parts: speed, coding, learn a new language "M" and math. The speed test is 2 minutes and very fast. The new language part has about 20 questions. The coding part has 4 questions.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

I only got the first round interview, which is phone interview and an online assessment. In phone interview I was asked to talk about some projects I did. Then he asked me a open mind question to design an application. The phone interview is not big deal. The important point is the online assessment. It's said to take 2 to 3 hours to finish it. There are four parts in the test: 10 questions in 2 minutes, math & logic, learn a programming language I've never known, and coding problems. I finished the test in one and a half hours because it's quite simple to me. But I got a rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions could be found at careercup. No difficult question.   Answer Question