Epic Systems Corporation Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.8

293 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

He asked me normal questions on project. Then asked me maximum sub sequence and loop in linked list. I answered almost correctly but did not take corner conditions into account. Also all project questions will be based on how to implement this in real world.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

Phone screening first and then the online assessment. The online assessment has 4 parts: speed, coding, learn a new language "M" and math. The speed test is 2 minutes and very fast. The new language part has about 20 questions. The coding part has 4 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

There was an initial phone screen that lasted about thrity minutes. We discussed past projects and I was given a couple design questions. Next was a three hour proctored online exam, some sections were harder than others but overall it wasn't too difficult (but it did contain a lot of trick questions). The last step is an onsite interview, this was very easy, more of a tour of the campus than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • A man is remodeling his house and relizes he needs something else. He goes to the hardware store and asks the clerk for the price of what he wants. The clerk says each one is $1, the man says ok I need 600 so here is $3. What dod the man buy?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Was encouraged by a recruiter on Linkedin to apply for a position of Software Developer. I applied and was invited for a phone interview within 3 days. The phone interview was mostly behavioral with one technical question. I was also simultaneously asked to take up a skills assessment test. The test was almost 3 hours long with about 4 sections like others have mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • Re-arrange an array of strings such that the anagrams are at the beginning of the array.   View Answers (2)

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Phone call interview: This is an easy one, just a resume walkthrough and then some basic technical and open ended, behavioral questions
    Online Assessment: Difficult one, many unexpected questions. Logical,mathematical and programming questions

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Firstly ask questions about your education and graduation dates to make sure information is filled correctly. Secondly ask about your projects and current projects, what are the technical difficulties. Then ask a real scenario question about . Last introduce epic and you could ask your questions for the company.

Interview Questions
    • A technical question about arrangements. You have to be efficient enough.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

the phone interview goes through the resume and let you talk about one of your project, ask a open minded question, and ask some questions such as why do you choose epic
    the online test takes about 3 hours. the programming part contains 4 questions 1. find the "mountain" in the matrix (a mountain is a value which is bigger than its 8 surrounding values) 2. find the valid pass word from a long string (there are a lot of rules, but once you understand, it is not hard) 3. generate password with n numbers(the password should be well-ordered "123" -> 1<2<3 "564" is not because 6>4) 4. change word, each time switch adjacent characters "GUM"->"MUG"

Software Developer Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone interview followed by an online test through Proctor. Phone interview was a general discussion on the previous projects and experience and question on elevator design. Online test had almost the same questions as given on careercup. My test went good except for the speed part where around 10-12 questions were to be answered in just 2 min.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2014.

The onsite interview start around 8am with a presentation about current products at Epic. There were some food in the room, but I strongly recommend having breakfast before that so that you could focus on the presentation. Then it's talking with a current employee. Basically you could ask whatever you want to know about Epic. I don't think this would have a strong impact on the result of the interview. After that was a case study and a presentation about my former projects. Not very hard.

Interview Questions
    • All interviewers are nice and there were no unexpected question.   Answer Question

I would like a job at another location.

Software Developer Interview

Phone interview and online exam.online exam is too long. Really really long. Especially the 4th part, there are 4 big coding problems, each took me about 30min. Arrange a good time to finish it.

Interview Questions
    • There is an question to output something using dynamic programming. I wrote a long code.   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!