Epic Systems Corporation Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

First round phone interview, nice people to talk to. Then I got the second round, which is the online assessment. Four parts, maths, new language, 2 min questions, and coding. After 2-3 weeks, got the on-site invitation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Application

Interview

First 15 minute informal phone call and online assessment, then on campus interview. Also a personality test online. Seems like online assessment is the primary thing that qualifies you for an on campus interview. I know I didn't get everything right, but I still got an offer, so don't sweat it. The on campus was great; everyone was nice, the campus was awesome.

Interview Questions

• For the on campus, be ready to describe one project that you've done in depth.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was quite easy. The hr is very nice and we just went over my resume. One day after phone interview, I received an OA link. I took the OA test after three days. All the questions in OA can be found in careercup. There are also 10 quick questions to be finished with 2 min. I only finished 7 of them.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging project you did in school and how you fixed it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Initially i received a mail from HR for a phone interview. Phone interview was simple. Interviewer was a developer at Epic and he just went through my Resume and asked my areas of interests. Also we discussed about the Projects that i had worked on earlier company. After 2 days i received a mail from the same HR that they want to move forward with the next steps. I was sent a Online Assessment link to complete. It usually consisted of 4 sections. 1)Speed Test 2)Critical thinking 3)New programming language 4)4 programming problems.
    I had given my assessment last week and been waiting to hear from them.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

First, a phone interview. Then a 4-part online assessment consisting of a personality test, skills assessment, and programming assessment. This assessment is proctored by a third-party service, ProctorU. Last step is flying out for an on-campus interview in Madison, WI.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Lansing, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

a phone interview and an online assessement; In the phone interview, they just asked about my projects on the resume. and my programming experience. A week later, I got noticed that I need to take an online assessment. This assessment had 4 parts, first is 10 quick response questions, very easy, just be quick, you have 2 minutes limit; second is math questions, not hard, but need to be very careful; third is programming learning, they first teach you some basic rules about a new programming language and then test you each point they have shown you. I think this part is to test if you are a quick learner; the last part is 4 programming questions using the languages they have provided, for me, these questions are not very easy. It took a long time. Please prepare a calculator for the test. I forget to prepare one so it took longer to figure some questions. Please keep this in mind: being fast is important, but not as important as accuracy. You can find online assessment sample questions on the website to prepare for the assessment.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview, they just asked about my projects on the resume. and my programming experience. A week later, I got noticed that I need to take an online assessment. This assessment had 4 parts, first is 10 quick response questions, very easy, just be quick, you have 2 minutes limit; second is math questions, not hard, but need to be very careful; third is programming learning, they first teach you some basic rules about a new programming language and then test you each point they have shown you. I think this part is to test if you are a quick learner; the last part is 4 programming questions using the languages they have provided, for me, these questions are not very easy. It took a long time. Please prepare a calculator for the test. I forget to prepare one so it took longer to figure some questions. Please keep this in mind: being fast is important, but not as important as accuracy. You can find online assessment sample questions on the website to prepare for the assessment.   5 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone call.The interviewer asks you about the your experience,projects.Basic resume stuff. They follow up with a mail informing about the test. The whole scheduling process was very quick.Since the exam is through ProctorU we can choose any time. I am done with the exam and awaiting result for it.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic math problems involving proportionality , guessing the next number in a series. The speed test tests your quick thinking. The programming questions were hard. Cant really tell the question because of the NDA. But it would be better if u go through matrix , arrays and data structures .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Got an email to set up a phone interview a day after I applied online. Phone interview was with a software developer. Interview was very basic and straight forward, questions were why epic, why computer science, and where do you see yourself in 5 years. Then he talks about epic, and then you get a chance to ask some questions.

A day after the phone interview, I got a chance to schedule an online assessment, got about a week to schedule. Test isn't hard but takes pretty long, took me about 2.5 hours.Some tricky questions in logic and language section, and programming section depends on the questions you get but overall not too bad.

Sill waiting on the results from online assessment.

Interview Questions

• Why epic, why computer science, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

quite comfortable interview, the interviewer is a Software Developer in that company. He's not really understand my area, for the information in my resume, he just asked a few simple questions. and he let me ask questions about his company, he told me some details about the position and their city.

Interview Questions

• asked about the projects in my resume, just simple questions. Asked a question about database.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

phone interview & and a online test. Do career cup's problem and you will be fine. I only took 2and half hours to finish the test, but after I turned it in, I found I got two bugs in it... so CHECK carefully before you turn it in since you can't really test it. Phone interview will ask a design question. Mine is given a robort and a maze, it has function that go forward, turn left/right. How can u walk the robort out of the maze.

Interview Questions

• given a string, print all permutation of the string but uppercase letters and special chars don't move   Answer Question