Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.8

344 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I met them at my school's career fair and I applied for internship right away.

Two weeks later I got an email saying they are very impressed with my resume and knowledge and decided to set up a phone interview. But they told me I also have to take a programming knowledge test and it is best to take it before phone interview, so I took the test and took me 4 hours to finish. It was such a waste of time with some silly questions and basic algorithm designs.

Few day before phone interview they said they are very impressed with my test results and looking forward for interview.

On the day of interview, On the phone there was a software engineer who was working at Epic and he asked me couple of questions regrading my resume and a basic algorithm design question, which was silly and very basic question, and he said he is very impressed with my phone interview and knowledge as well.

One week later I got an email saying they deciding to go with other candidates.

Such a waste of time.

By the way I have a 4.0 GPA in Computer Science so the reason they didn't want me is still a mystery to me.

Interview Questions
  • algorithm design, Max and Min sum problems. typical questions for interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

Submitted an online application for this software developer role, got contacted by HR about two weeks later for a phone interview. Phone interview is a simple discussion about why the passion for Epic and software development. Around the same time, there is an online technical skills assessment that we need to complete. Some maths questions, some brain teasers, but most importantly 4 not-so-difficult programming questions. No formatting or compiler tools provided, whiteboard coding.

The onsite interview has two technical round + one HR round. The first technical round is a case study, a developer will present a scenario and ask you to think about how to design it into the system, usually database related. The second technical round is a detailed discussion about not of your previous project. After lunch time, there will be another HR interview which involves typical behavior questions.

Overall, its a pleasant interview experienced from beginning to end.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I submitted application through epic.com, and got the email for updating transcript several days later. The Online Assessment and Phone Interview are arranged in one week after updated application. It's said the update will be in 2 weeks, but I didn't get the result yet.
    The OA includes 4 parts. 2 minutes for 10 questions, the difficulty is OK, but the time is very tight. The another 3 parts don't have time limitation, but it's said the time and accuracy will be counted. 20 questions about math, 20 questions about a new language study, 4 programming questions. The difficulty is middle level.
    Roughly, I feel the interview process is smooth. If I've finished the whole process, I may be able to provide more information.

Interview Questions
    • you have to be very quick for the 2 minutes assessment. I guess it may be good to do this part after the 20 math questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Phone, OA, on-site. In phone interview, it is mainly asked about the project and some idea about Epic. OA has four parts, one is ten fast problems in two minutes, second is math problems, third is new language learning, the last part is four programming problems. On-site interview has two tech parts, case study and project introduction, and hr part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Hi all,

I have applied to EPIC when they came to our university career fair.

After 2 weeks, they contacted me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy about 30 minutes, a software developer asked couple of questions about projects I have worked on, asked questions such as how did u handle this case and this case etc.

Second,I had an online assessment test. I would not say the test was easy, but not that hard. If you know how to program, and if you think as an computer science major student you will be able to crack the questions especially programming part. Personally, I did not find the programming questions that hard. After two days, I received en email saying they invite me to an onsite interview.

Finally,the on site interview for interns is just tour of the campus.When I went there the weather was very cold , and could not see much of the campus's beauty.The morning of the interview day started with couple of software demo presentations,you can ask questions if you want but I think it is not required. After that, you will talk to a software developer, and present your a project you have worked on.The software developer was such a young guy with 3-4 years of experience, I presented my project in 20 mins and he did not ask any questions about my project at all. The required time was 45 min, and he was always looking at a watch and randomly started talking about the company and staff. Next, you will have an interview with HR where she or he will ask behavioral questions.In my case, I had an HR who graduated a college maybe 2-3 years ago. We had a talk about a team work,a little bit about projects and she asked question such as why epic,do you require a visa sponsorship etc.

After 2 weeks, I received a phone call saying that they decided to go with other candidates. The reason for the rejection is still mystery to me. Btw, I have a good GPA,a past internship experience and bunch of android IOS application experiences.Also, I am studying in one of the big ten universities. Only thing that is unusual is I am an international student.I do not know how they evaluate candidates. Also, it took me two month entire process because I could not find time for each round of the inverview,and had each round after 2-3 weeks.

Thanks.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone interview first. They will first send you an email to schedule a time. The interview takes about 45 mins. First behavior questions(why epic? why software? would you want to relocate?), then go through resume talking about projects(up to 2 of them) and a technical question(like solving a sudouku ). next step is to take a several hours long online assignment.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2014.

Its pretty good experience. I just completed phone interview and online assessment tests and I am waiting for the response. The phone interview is very friendly, you have to know about the projects thoroughly. The online assessment is little tedious. I suggest you to schedule in the mornings, so that you can attempt with more concentration. As other applicants has discussed, there are 4 tests. I think the person with spontaneity and good logical thinking can pass the test easily. All the best to all the applicants.

Interview Questions
    • There are no unexpected questions. You just have to think logically and find efficient ways to solve the problem. But let me just discuss a question asked in the phone interview: What would you improve or make a change in your project if you are given a chance?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Submitted resume online, contacted by recruiter 2 days later to set up phone interview. 45-minute phone interview to talk about interests/projects followed by one technical problem. Afterwards 3-hour online test with coding problems (won't reveal) as well as some random math problems. Received rejection email 2 weeks later. Online test was not too difficult but I guess my code wasn't to their liking.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

It is a long process. Basically, a phone interview generally talking about epic and talking about one of your projects. Secondly, a code interview using ProctolU. That part I think is very fun and on the fourth part of the exam, they provide some interesting algorithm questions which is not very hard. You can choose any language you want to write the code. Actually, I do not think my Java code can actually run, but I express my general idea. The third part is the on-site interview, which is pretty good and expect for introducing epic, it contains two common interview. Nothing special and great price for great food.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online and heard back less than a week later. I had a very straightforward phone interview about my resume and took the online assessment. The online assessment is broken into four parts: math, programming, speed, and learning a new language. The only part that took some thinking was the programming section. No data structure/algorithm knowledge required, however I would recommend knowing recursion to make some of the problems easier. I heard back a couple weeks later and was offered an on-site interview. On-site there is one interview with a full-time dev where you are asked to describe a project you've completed, followed by a second interview with a recruiter asking very normal non-technical interview questions. Overall a very easy and laid back interview process.