Epic Systems Corporation Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.8

309 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

First round, General behavioral questions, one design question. N students each student can have course between 0 to M. Given a student you have to return the amount of match with current student as an ordered list with max
matching student as first.

Interview Questions
  • N students each student can have course between 0 to M. Given a student you have to return the amount of match with current student as an ordered list with max
    matching student as first.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

Applied through career fair and got responding several weeks later. Got emails from HR and arranged OA. The OA was not that hard. I heard that they view OA than interview more.

Software Developer Interview

Applied at university career fair and got a phone interview after two weeks. At the same time, I was asked to do a skill assessment. The sill assessment was just like what other interviewees described.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

30 Minutes phone interview asking your background and a interesting question with given scenario. You need to solve the problem as best as you can.
    There is also a four hour online assessment, where your maths,programming,speed capacity are tested.

Interview Questions
    • What does a guy buy after painting his house in the hardware store which cost $1 for one, and $3 for 200.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The first round is phone interview. There are some behaviour questions like tell me about yourself, why you are interested in Epic. Then go through the resume, almost talked about every thing on the resume. And an algorithm question, if a robot is following you, how can it find you. Last, there are some general questions like do you willing to relocate?

Interview Questions
    • There are not some difficult questions in first round interview, but they have an online assignment after the first round phone interview, it took more than two hours.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

Had a phone interview that involved a 30 minute talk about the resume. Next was coding section that took a good 2.5hrs. The phone interview had gardly anything technical .you had better know your stuff before attending the coding test . The proctor was funny ��

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

Phone interview followed by online skills assessment. Know why you want to work there, they will ask you on the phone. Only one technical question was asked on phone, but it wasn't easy, it took some thinking. Online assessment has four parts as already mentioned. Logic goes by too fast, math and programming language part are not bad as long as you focus on the question, as they try to trick you. The programming part was not that bad, know how to manipulate strings, as you cannot use IDE during the test, make sure you brush up on substrings, indexOf, char to ascii, and so on. Otherwise, as long as you know how to reason and think about problems, the questions were not anything too difficult. I am still waiting for a reply on whether I made it past this round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

First is a phone interview, discussing projects and one technical question (appointment scheduling). The second one is a online assessment. This is the most difficult one and once you pass it, you already have a high chance. The final is onsite: one interview for project, one interview for a small case, and a discussion with the recruiter, All in all, the second one is the most critical one.

Interview Questions
    • Appointment scheduling. Didn't study it before, and difficult to detail on phone.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

There was initially a Technical phone screen where the interviewer asked about my past projects and my motivation to apply to Epic.

Then the asked me to take up an online assessment. The assessment was 4 hours long and consisted of 4 sections.
    1. 2 minute Aptitude round
    2. Math round
    3. Learn a new programming language round
    4. Programming round

The programming round was the one that I struggled with. They asked a couple of dynamic programming questions that took a lot of time for me to solve. Rest of them were string manipulation questions which were easy.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

phone interview + online test
    talk about the resume in the phone interview and take the test in online test.
    the online test consist of 4 part