Epic Systems Corporation Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

telephone and next written test telephone interview was just the HR where in employee will be telling you about epic written- there are 4 sections out of which first one is speed and accuracy and this section decides the rest of the test. so please be more cautious with that

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I have done with the phone interview in which they have asked about my projects from resume. I have scheduled for assessment test which is on 9th july. In that, they said there will be math, coding and some new programming language with questions on that.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to see you in the next 5 to 10 years?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Basic phone interview, where the interviewer talked more about company culture and work rather than asking personal questions/skills. This was followed by a skills assessment that tested various programming concepts and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for it online. Total 4 rounds. 1st round is phone ! asked me ..y epic ? where do u want to see u in the next 5 yrs ? 2nd round is

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Cool interview process, once you get an onsite interview call, usually they will hire you. Typically takes around 1 month to complete the whole process. It begins with a phone interview, then usually followed by a 3-4 hour technical assessment, and then followed by onsite call.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself after 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Just as most others here have described, the interview was pretty straight forward and focused on my background in school. He asked me to talk about several of the projects I've worked on, and the types of programming languages I'm most comfortable with, etc. He did ask a specific question about one of my past projects, regarding how I would adapt a single player trivia game to work over a network with multiple players.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2015.

Interview

Got a call for a phone interview. You get to talk with a Software Developer, who asks you questions about your background and experience. You also get a brief overview of the company and the position. After the phone screen, there was an online assessment test on ProctorU. It had 2 sections. In the first section, they introduce a new programming language to you and you have to answer questions based on that. They check, how fast you grasp new concepts in this section. And, in the second section you have to solve 4 out of the book programming problems.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Epic ? 2. Explain any one of your project. 3. Where do you see yourself in five years ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter at Epic. Then received a phone interview call which lasted for 40 mins approximately. Then got an email from recruiter to schedule an online assessment. Then got an onsite interview invitation. Waiting for results.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

First is a phone interview about your previous projects, internship, experience. Nothing hard or tricky just say what you have done before. Second part is an online exam comprised of four parts: coding, math, quick thinking test, learning a new pseudo programming language. The math part has some tricky questions. I only got up to the second part. Exam was tough. I wrote my code in C++ but I do not have the useful libraries memorized so it ended up looking more like pseudo code.

Interview Questions

• Write a code to determine if there is a winner in the game of checkers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Very disappointed..... I will just share my on site interview experience. The procedure to reach the on site interview is similar to what other people have mentioned. I was interviewed for software Developer position at Madison last week. Immediately after one day, I got a phone call where my recruiter said that they were moving forward with other candidates. I am still confused what actually went wrong from my side. There were two dinners with Epic developer as hosts during this process. The hosts were really nice persons. There were couple of other candidates along with me interviewing for same position. In whole group, I was the only non-American. Most of the time they were talking about mostly American things- the sports, the lifestyle, etc. I hardly understood what they were talking. Most of the time, I was just putting fake smile on my face. I just request to the future hosts - please talk about something which everyone in the group can understand. My another bad luck - I had never gone to such a restaurant before. I guessed and ordered the food. I couldn't eat even half of it. The host saw it and seemed very unhappy about it. I don't know if the discussions with dinner hosts count in the hiring decision. On the D-day, there were presentations about the tools Epic has developed. Also a lunch session with a developer. These discussions went really well. I asked few questions, they promptly answered. There were three main interviews. The technical presentation interview was very bad experience. The interviewer did not seem to be interested in the interview. Over the 45 minutes, he didn't even smile once. I was giving presentation about my favorite project and was very enthusiastic about it. But the interviewer wasn't just interested. He looked bit tensed since the beginning and carried the same expression throughout the interview. . He asked couple of simple questions - just for the sake of formality. I was thinking what should I do so that he would be happy about my interview. A request to Epic - if someone is not interested in conducting the interview, please don't force them. Even when the the second technical interview (case study) started, I was still thinking about the previous interview. I thought I was losing my opportunity, but I somehow recovered. This guy was a nice one, very friendly. We discussed about a problem and I had to write the code. This interview went fine. Actually towards the end he said that he was expecting a different approach to the code than mine, but overall I convinced him about my overall logic and procedure. The HR interview went really well. Jeff was very friendly. After general discussion (Madison city, the interview experience, desired compensation, etc.), he asked me where could Epic improve. I mentioned few things and he seemed very happy. Overall, all the people (except the first technical interviewer) were nice. For future candidates, I will just say - Apart from technical preparation, please also pray for luck to be on your side. If your interviewer is not interested in the interview, you can't just do anything. I was really interested in working at Epic. I am still not sure what exactly was the reason for my rejection.

Interview Questions

• Technical Project presentation, Writing code for a simple case study   Answer Question