Epic Systems Corporation Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.8

285 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Phone call interview: This is an easy one, just a resume walkthrough and then some basic technical and open ended, behavioral questions
Online Assessment: Difficult one, many unexpected questions. Logical,mathematical and programming questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

phone interview -> online test -> personality test -> onsite interview

Online test is easier than big companies like MS, FB, GG phone/onsite.
    Onsite interview is just to see whether you are able to talk about your projects.
    Campus is nice.

No negotiable.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2014.

The onsite interview start around 8am with a presentation about current products at Epic. There were some food in the room, but I strongly recommend having breakfast before that so that you could focus on the presentation. Then it's talking with a current employee. Basically you could ask whatever you want to know about Epic. I don't think this would have a strong impact on the result of the interview. After that was a case study and a presentation about my former projects. Not very hard.

Interview Questions
    • All interviewers are nice and there were no unexpected question.   Answer Question

I would like a job at another location.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Was encouraged by a recruiter on Linkedin to apply for a position of Software Developer. I applied and was invited for a phone interview within 3 days. The phone interview was mostly behavioral with one technical question. I was also simultaneously asked to take up a skills assessment test. The test was almost 3 hours long with about 4 sections like others have mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • Re-arrange an array of strings such that the anagrams are at the beginning of the array.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

First I got an email which tell me my background is a fit for their software developer position, and asked me to apply online. Then I applied online, after that was a phone interview, asking about the background and 2 easy technical questions. After the phone interview, they sent me an online assessment.

Software Developer Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone interview followed by an online test through Proctor. Phone interview was a general discussion on the previous projects and experience and question on elevator design. Online test had almost the same questions as given on careercup. My test went good except for the speed part where around 10-12 questions were to be answered in just 2 min.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

From the date that I received the phone interview invitation to getting the rejection it's about 15 days. Phone interview is 1 step. It's just easy, you will be asked about your past projects, 1 or 2 of them. then it's a brain teaser. Then you will informed about their company's cultural, how they organized and you can the interviewer ask several question.
    Additionally, there will be a assessment that just like others said. I didn't do good on this assessment, I completed them all and I thought it is not bad but I got rejection. Probably because I consumed about 4 hrs to complete it which mainly because I didn't prepare well.

Interview Questions
    • well, when i did the time-pressure section in assessment, the proctor told me that I need a physical calculator rather than a visual one. so I had to go find one. and this consumed me more than 40 secs and I believed I didn't do good on this section. More ridiculous, the proctor didn't pause it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

Suggestions: the difference between phone interview and screening interview should not be too long, there is no sequence between those two interview processes.

Interview Questions
    • Phone Interview: Why Epic? Introduce your project; Screening Interview: 4 Parts, randomly selection (2-Minutes, Math, Programming, New technology).   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

the phone interview goes through the resume and let you talk about one of your project, ask a open minded question, and ask some questions such as why do you choose epic
    the online test takes about 3 hours. the programming part contains 4 questions 1. find the "mountain" in the matrix (a mountain is a value which is bigger than its 8 surrounding values) 2. find the valid pass word from a long string (there are a lot of rules, but once you understand, it is not hard) 3. generate password with n numbers(the password should be well-ordered "123" -> 1<2<3 "564" is not because 6>4) 4. change word, each time switch adjacent characters "GUM"->"MUG"

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

4 rounds:
    They ask for a resume and SAT scores at career fairs.

Phone interview: sometimes very technical or tricky, sometimes very easy. It all depends on who you get. Some interviewers are prone to ask very tough logic puzzle type questions so be ready.

Testing at a 3rd party location or on site. Combination of math/logic/programming. There will be tough programming challenges so come ready to think.

On-site interview. See the company and the crazy campus and an interview with HR. My understanding is that if you make it this far they definitely want you.

Interview Questions
    • 9 bottles of wine and one is poison, how can you conclusively figure out which is poison with only 2 rats to test with and only 2 rounds of testing?   View Answers (3)

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!