Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.8

366 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First, resume. Second phone interview, just ask some behavior question and resume review, it is normal and easy. Third online assessment, Careercup bbs has almost all the coding questions.besides logical questions, quick questions and math questions. if you do a good preparation. you will get the onsite. Fourth, onsite, demo - talk with an engineer - resume interview - study case interview - hr interview - visiting the campus. Fifth, got offer in a week.

Interview Questions
  • the most difficult part is the online assessment. but you can prepare it via careercup bbs. if you get onsite, you will get the offer 90%.   Answer Question

vb ~~

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I submitted my resume via online application and received an email shortly afterwards to set up a phone interview and another email about the technical assessment. The call was with a software developer, but it was pretty basic and seemed to be trying to gauge general fit/provide an opportunity to ask questions. I took the technical assessment the following day, and it was much more difficult than anticipated, especially the programming portion.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

One 30 min. over the phone interview with easy non-technical questions. Why do you want to be a software developer? Talk about a project you worked on. Are you willing to relocate? Then you get a chance to ask questions. The interviewer was a software developer and he was informative in answering my questions. Very polite as well. Then you are required to complete an exam on Proctoru.com that consists of 4 parts: 2-min speed test with about 10 easy questions but hard to get done in 2 minutes, a math part that is easy with a simple calculator (you are not allowed a more advanced one) with some brain teasers that are probably meant to eat up time, a new programming language part that is easy but you need to be careful on some parts as they are tricky, and finally a programming part in C/C++ or Java with 4 questions that took up a lot of time for me. Overall I spent about 4.5 hours. You do the exam remotely on your computer anywhere you like but you have someone monitoring you over webcam. You should be knowledgeable in data structures (arrays and linked lists) and fundamental algorithms, strings(converting to decimals via ASCII), etc. Be ready to take a lengthy exam!

Interview Questions
    • I have 55 cents in two coins, one of these coins is not a nickel. What are the two coins?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Overview: 1 phone interview, 1 proctored online technical test, a few on-site interviews and Q&A sessions.

Dropped my resume on their website in October 2014. From there, took a preliminary 30 minute interview with a software developer (not an HR guy) reviewing my past work and answering my questions about Epic.

Proctored online test after that with a timed IQ test-style part, a brainteaser part, another to test how quick you can pick up a new programming language, and another that asks you to program a small function in a language of your choice.

Didn't hear back for a while so I assumed I'd been turned down. News came in November 2014 that they wanted to fly me out for a day-long interview. They were very generous: they put us up in a Hilton in Madison, covered all cost of travel and food, and invited us to dinner with real Epic employees. (Tip: try the local specialties, like beer-battered cheese curds, and explore UW's campus.)

Since the technical interview had already been taken care of online, the time spent on-site was mostly (I presume) used to gauge whether we meshed with the company culture and to show us what the workplace is like. They started with an overview of Epic's software suite (which was sorely needed--the website isn't very helpful for that), then had us break into small groups for Q&A with an employee.

My rough patch was here. We were put one-on-one with a developer in a room with a whiteboard and asked to explain a project we'd worked on. I personally had only a very minor project to present, and my interviewer didn't seem too impressed when I finished before even half of my time had passed. I spent the rest of the session asking her questions about her job.

Then we were taken to lunch in the cafeteria. Epic brings in gourmet chefs from Madison to do lunch and subsidizes the meals to about wholesale levels--big points scored there for me since I love food.

The day ended with a tour of campus and Epic's peculiar workspaces. A few notable characteristics: (1) No cubicles. People are put in small groups in "real rooms". (2) Buildings have themes. We were shown the D&D/castle building, the NYC building, the Nordic building, and the newly-finished barn building. (3) Almost all software developers work on this campus to facilitate cooperation. (4) The Verona office is almost entirely off the grid, being powered by geothermal, solar, and wind energy.

Received a call 2 weeks later saying they're extending an offer. As others have noted, a relocation stipend is available, as is prearranged housing. (Though you can choose to take that money and arrange your own housing.)

Software Developer Interview

Phone interview about behavior questions and what is your favorite project and details. Oline test about mathematics , logicl coding questions,and coding questions. When you passed them, you will receive next further infomation such like onsite invitation.

Software Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The application process was very streamlined and Epic HR are very good about maintaining communication. There are three stages: Phone Interview, Online Skills Assessment, and On-Site Interview.

Phone Interview: The first part of the application process. Basically a ~30minute phone call with an Epic engineer talking about some of your previous experience, some code you've worked on and projects you've done, and interest in Epic.

Skills Assessment: ~3 hour online skills assessment in which your mathematical and programming skills are tested. The test is proctored digitally so that you may only use what you already know, and any code written (any language) must be from your head and not from API or online code examples. The programming, which is by far the hardest section (math was very SAT-like, straightforward), has 4 open ended programming assignments that must be completed. Several of the questions had to do with string manipulation. Very little data structures knowledge was needed to complete the assessment, though recursion was useful.

On-Site: Epic flies you out, dines you, and gives you a tour of the (incredible) campus. Most parts of the on-site interview are pretty stress-free, a lot of it involves speaking with various employees and engineers. Two "tests" of the interview include a 30 minute presentation of a previous project you've worked on to an engineer as well as answering some of his questions, as well as a short HR oriented talk.

Interview Questions
    • A man has just finished painting his house, and goes to the store to buy something to complete the job. He asks the employee how much one costs, and the employee responds with, "$3." The man says, "Okay, I need 600," and hands the employee $9. What did he buy?   View Answer

Software Development Interview

Submitted application through the website, got an interview offer within a week. The phone interview was with a full time developer and was probably for culture/personality fit. He asked me to talk about a project I did in the past, problems I ran into, what I learned, etc. Then he gave me time to ask any questions I had. Second part of the interview was an online test with multiple parts (some math/logic, puzzles, coding, personality test). This was scheduled separately from the phone interview and did not have a time limit.

Interview Questions
    • (given a made-up programming language and list of rules/functions)
      What does (combination of functions&variables) output?

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview process was quick and well-managed. Phone screen, online exam, on-site. Phone screen and skills assessment were slightly tricky; on-site was fairly easy. University recruiters were prompt, organized, and mostly respectful, if not a little pushy.

I didn't try. I just needed an internship. Was offered an acceptable salary.

Software Developer Interview

First round, a telephone interview.
    Second round, online test.
    Telephone interview is easy, including basic information, project describing, and a technical question.
    The HR will tell you about epic and asking you if you would like to relocate.
    Meanwhile you could do the online test. Online test includes four parts: 1. speed test 2. new language 3.math 4. coding. You could schedule any time to do the test. The test approximately took 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is probably the DFS and DP.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Got contacted for phone interview week after I submitted online application. Phone interview was easy, he asked me why I choose to apply for Epic and other behavioral questions. I was asked to take an online technical skills assessment within couple of days of phone interview. Online test was divided into 4 stages with some maths questions, some brain teasers and some technical questions. But most difficult stage was on programming questions.

Interview Questions
    • programming questions based on math, matrix and string manipulation.   Answer Question