Epic Systems Corporation Software Developer Interview Questions

2.8

293 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2009.

After a phone interview with a recruiter then a second, more technical phone interview with a senior employee, they flew me out of Madison for a couple days, put me up in a very nice hotel where I could expense room service and gourmet meals. Then the two days spent on campus were a combination of tours, tests, and interviews (I interviewed with 5 separate people). Though they treated me well, the process was exhausting. By the end of the second day my worn-out brain was coming up blank during my last couple interviews.

Interview Questions
  • "What blogs do you read regularly" (for a UX design position)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2011.

1) Rembrandt Online Profile
    2) Phone Interview
    3) Skills Assessment ( About 2 hours to complete but speed and accuracy are factors )

It was my very first interview as well as the skill assessment so I was really nervous and I didn't do well.
    I took the skills assessment at the school career center and it was paper-and-pencil based.
    It took me more time to write down clearly and edit them.

Even though I didn't get the job, I got good impression from interview and hiring process.

Software Developer Interview

Met them at a job fair at my university, and pretty quickly got a phone interview. Had a decent conversation with the developer, but when he was asking me questions, he didn't seem at all enthusiastic. Next, I was contacted to take their assessment test. Since I couldn't be on site to take the test, I took it online while being proctored via webcam. That test was really difficult. I still don't even know how I could have prepared for that.

Interview Questions
    • A man was fixing his house and went to the hardware store. He pointed something out and asked how much one would cost. The clerk told him it would cost a dollar. The man asked for 300 of them. The clerk said "That will be $3". What did the man buy?   View Answers (2)

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied online and quite soon got their email saying they want arrange an phone interview with me, at the mean time do a online assessment through a proctor website. The phone interview asked questions about database and algorithm, and they were not that hard. But the online assessment test was.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2014.

Phone interview for 45 min, 20 mins he asked me questions, 25 mins I asked him questions. Thought the interview was ok.

ProctorU exam took me the full 3 hours. The programming section was challenging - 5 programming questions which in my opinion got increasingly harder. I actually skipped one lol. The other sections were ok though! But I do believe this is why I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to design an elevator, how would you do it?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

4 rounds:
    They ask for a resume and SAT scores at career fairs.

Phone interview: sometimes very technical or tricky, sometimes very easy. It all depends on who you get. Some interviewers are prone to ask very tough logic puzzle type questions so be ready.

Testing at a 3rd party location or on site. Combination of math/logic/programming. There will be tough programming challenges so come ready to think.

On-site interview. See the company and the crazy campus and an interview with HR. My understanding is that if you make it this far they definitely want you.

Interview Questions
    • 9 bottles of wine and one is poison, how can you conclusively figure out which is poison with only 2 rats to test with and only 2 rounds of testing?   View Answers (3)

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The whole process was fairly pain-free. The recruiters were quick to respond and extremely helpful. The entire process consisted of a skills test, phone interview, and on-site interview (including a presentation of prior work).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Got an email asking to take an online proficiency test. pretty standard one of these exams. About a week later recieved another email stating a desire for an over the phone interview. The interview was pretty technical in nature so be sure to brush up on the desired skills listed on your position opening. Once this was finished you will be asked to take a legitimate exam at a proctor site. This will took about 3 hours and was basically a programming exam like you would see in Univeristy.

Interview Questions
    • Very technical Programming questions during the proctored exam   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2013.

Had an initial 3 hour assessment. The pattern was same as previous reviews in glassdoor. The 2min round just went off so fast that i could not realise i ahd to work on it before it ended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2013.

I sent my resume and received an email to schedule an exam. The exam lasted 4hours and included a 2 minute-10 question math section, a math problem section and the chunk of the work was the 4-question programming section.

Interview Questions
    • The programming section excepted you to write non-everyday algorithms   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!