Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.9

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2011.

1) Rembrandt Online Profile
2) Phone Interview
3) Skills Assessment ( About 2 hours to complete but speed and accuracy are factors )

It was my very first interview as well as the skill assessment so I was really nervous and I didn't do well.
I took the skills assessment at the school career center and it was paper-and-pencil based.
It took me more time to write down clearly and edit them.

Even though I didn't get the job, I got good impression from interview and hiring process.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2009.

After a phone interview with a recruiter then a second, more technical phone interview with a senior employee, they flew me out of Madison for a couple days, put me up in a very nice hotel where I could expense room service and gourmet meals. Then the two days spent on campus were a combination of tours, tests, and interviews (I interviewed with 5 separate people). Though they treated me well, the process was exhausting. By the end of the second day my worn-out brain was coming up blank during my last couple interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "What blogs do you read regularly" (for a UX design position)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Met them at a job fair at my university, and pretty quickly got a phone interview. Had a decent conversation with the developer, but when he was asking me questions, he didn't seem at all enthusiastic. Next, I was contacted to take their assessment test. Since I couldn't be on site to take the test, I took it online while being proctored via webcam. That test was really difficult. I still don't even know how I could have prepared for that.

Interview Questions
    • A man was fixing his house and went to the hardware store. He pointed something out and asked how much one would cost. The clerk told him it would cost a dollar. The man asked for 300 of them. The clerk said "That will be $3". What did the man buy?   View Answers (2)

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied online and quite soon got their email saying they want arrange an phone interview with me, at the mean time do a online assessment through a proctor website. The phone interview asked questions about database and algorithm, and they were not that hard. But the online assessment test was.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2014.

Phone interview for 45 min, 20 mins he asked me questions, 25 mins I asked him questions. Thought the interview was ok.

ProctorU exam took me the full 3 hours. The programming section was challenging - 5 programming questions which in my opinion got increasingly harder. I actually skipped one lol. The other sections were ok though! But I do believe this is why I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to design an elevator, how would you do it?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

4 rounds:
    They ask for a resume and SAT scores at career fairs.

Phone interview: sometimes very technical or tricky, sometimes very easy. It all depends on who you get. Some interviewers are prone to ask very tough logic puzzle type questions so be ready.

Testing at a 3rd party location or on site. Combination of math/logic/programming. There will be tough programming challenges so come ready to think.

On-site interview. See the company and the crazy campus and an interview with HR. My understanding is that if you make it this far they definitely want you.

Interview Questions
    • 9 bottles of wine and one is poison, how can you conclusively figure out which is poison with only 2 rats to test with and only 2 rounds of testing?   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2013.

1st round - Aptitute + Technical
    2nd round - Coding 4 questions, any language, in text editor (most important round)
    3rd round - Tech telephonic interview (project based)
    4th round - HR telephonic interview(common hr questions)

Interview Questions
    • "Why you chose to do this project?" in telephonic interview. It was unexpected. You should be very clear why you did the projects you have in your resume.   View Answers (2)
    Fixed CTC

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2013.

Very tiring, make you give an 3 hour exam which I believe is not that relevant to the position expect the programming test

Interview Questions
    • somewhat difficult prepare to have your math skills polished   Answer Question

relocation problem

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2013.

Initial interview which is resume walk through it is easy but i am an ece graduate student they asked basic questions like tree traversal and given a situation and asked the way to tackle that situation

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Phone call interview: This is an easy one, just a resume walkthrough and then some basic technical and open ended, behavioral questions
    Online Assessment: Difficult one, many unexpected questions. Logical,mathematical and programming questions